Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal
Default Shadows of Hope (Preview/Prologue)

Hello guys, welcome to the introductory Prologue of my new story, Shadows of Hope!
Let's hope I don't get lazy with this one like my last project(I will eventually come back to it though)

Well, without further ado, let's begin

Prologue:~ The Goddess' Blessing
"I'm dreaming, I have to be." The boy said nervously. He looked around some more. It was a temple-like structure, most likely built to worship an entity of great influence. As he looked around he noticed a handful of other people, all seeming vaguely familiar.
"Those chosen by the creator of all that is the joys of the world, hear my plea. The evils of the world, the seeds of hatred, and the sin of mankind, are rising to put an end to all I, nay, all of us Humans have been striving for: Peace. Please, take this power I give you, and put an end to it."
Startled, the boy turned around. The speaker was a giant, ethereal looking being, whose physical structure, was nearly as bright as the sun itself.
"Who are you to tell us what to put an end to! Your asking us to risk our lives to end what is human naturre!? Don't make me laugh!." He recognized this voice. It was his friends, Joseph's.
"Whether or not you choose to help us end this tyranny is your decision, however, I must give you the powers of the seraph." The being raised what seemed to be an arm, and created a strange looking light. The light, enveloped everyone inside the temple, including the boy and his friend. Shaken by fear and confusion, the boy faints.

Prologue~End

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Azal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Shadows of Hope (Preview/Prologue)

cmon guys, at least take time to post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Sounds interesting, a little confused, but I think if I kept reading, I might understand more

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post
Sounds interesting, a little confused, but I think if I kept reading, I might understand more
New chapter will be p in a few days

Old 02-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by azal852 View Post
New chapter will be p in a few days
coolness. Can't wait

Cloukora was here.

Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Old 02-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Sorry for the 2 week long wait, I have been plotting how I want the story to go(I'm still not too sure), while also procrastinating and losing an entire chapter(which is also what happened with two dimensions >.>). BUT ALAS here it is!

Chapter 1~ Powers Awakened
Joseph was sleeping soundly, until his phone alarm started to go off.
"WAKE THE HELL UP! WAKE THE HELL UP!"It was saying
'Why did I choose that alarm sound.....' He thought as he got up from his 5 hour sleep. His lack of sleep was from staying up too late last night because he couldn't sleep, as he stayed up too long the night before. Typical Monday. The shiny ray of light in all of this, was that he could sleep easier this night, thus causing his cycle of sleep for the week. He was a bit shaen up from his dream last night however. As he finally got up after about ten minutes, he took a shower, got dressed, and left for his bus stop. There he met with his friend Josh.
"What's up!" He said, as his friend Joseph arrived.
"Nothing much, couldn't go to sleep last night, so I'm tired like always."Joseph replied.
"Same here,"Josh began,"I'm a bit shaken up though."
"How come?"
"A weird dream I had last night. I was in a weird temple like in those lame RPG's you play," this struck a nerve for Joseph, but what really struck him was the setting of the dream. His dream was in a temple as well. Regardless, Joseph kept listening.", and there was this big towering figure, that said something about saving the world from evil." Joseph didn't remember some of that stuff, but he definitely remembered the big towering figure.
"That's weird, I had a dream like that too...."Joseph said,"Whatever, I'm sure we just hit that one-in-a-million chance of having the same dream, go us. Too bad that luck isn't going towards the lottery!"
"Yeah, can you imagine how rich we would be!", and and for the next ten minutes Josh went on about what he would buy with the money. It's as if a 4th grader sneaked into a sophomores body, and possessed him. After the bus arrived, they boarded it and headed for school. For the next 3 hours, Joseph and his other friends went to lunch.
"Yo, what're we doin in World history, Roy?" Makis, another one of Joseph's friends, asked Roy,the smart one of the group(not that most of them aren't really smart.). Roy answered as his crush, Brittney, walked over. Then he talked even more matter-of-factly, hoping to impress her.
"Hey guys! What's going on?" She asked.
"Nothing much, just having lunch" Joseph answered.
"And, like always, I'm spoiling class for Makis again." Roy answered, in a smart tone.
"Really now, so do you guys wanna hang out at the park after school? Some other people are coming too, like Ryan, and that weird kid Josh." She said. 'It's comments like that, that make Josh so unstable' Joseph thought, remembering the incident 3 years ago.
"Sure" They all said, as Ryan walked in.
"HEY JO, ROY, MAKIS, AND BRITTNEY!" He yelled across the room. Let the party begin.
"Hi Ryan, I just told them about our afterschool plans."
"Oh cool, perfect." He said. " Now are you sure it's not alright to bring my BB gun?" He asked.
"NO IT's NOT!" She said as if she answered a thousand times." You're gonna freak everyone out!" She said. Ryan, is a special case. Some say he was dropped on his head. Some say he was born in a mental asylum. They think this since he is trigger happy, and has a few screws missing. If they made it legal to bust a cap in everybody he hates, he would. He is still insanely smart however. Almost too insanely.
As the rest of the school hours went by, the final bell had rung, and everybody grabbed their things and left. As they all met up at Brittney's place, they talked had fun ,and played games. Then they heards a crash outside.
"What was that?" Brittney asked terrified.
"It was probably a car accident." Roy explained. They heard a roar after that."And that was probably a bear." He said.
"Come on, no bear sounds like that." Joseph said. As they went outside to go look, they each had a weird feeling in them. It was a feeling of hate, vengeance, fear, a feeling of war. Then they saw it. It was a strange looking beast. Slightly resembling a bear, but much more deadly. The minute it saw the group come out, it charged head on.It knew it's target.

When it charged, they didn't know what happened. Instinct kicked in. Josh ran in front of Joseph guarding him from the beast rushing towards him, and somehow managed to send the beast flying, taking only a minor scratch. Joseph soon found a sword in his hand. 'did I summon this?' he thought.
"Guys, get in the game, it's time for us to fight!" Roy yelled. He was somehow managing to control the wind.
"Yo, what the hels going on!?" Makis yelled, charging forward, with his fists clinched. Joseph charged forward as well, sword in hand. Indeed, it was time to fight. Makis punched the beast square in the face again sending it flying, while Roy kept it suspended in air with the wind. Joseph then lunged upwards, making a downward slice on the beast, slamming it to the ground, and dealing the final blow. The beast then de-materialized. Suddenly, they regained all memory of the dream.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

nice, I wanna read more 8D xD
also, FF7 FTW

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Why thank you!
I'm gonna try and update it every friday
also, in case you're wondering, there is a reason why Ryan wasn't mentioned in the fight scene, though I do kind of wanna kick myself as there still isn't really much of an excuse as to why I left him out. I guess he just didn't cross my mind

Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I honestly hadn't noticed xD
when you want to update it is entirely up to you, but as a writer it's not really a good thing, because you're pressured into getting it done, and you can get messy and unorganized. It depends if you want to go somewhere with writing though, and where you want to go. Cause with authors, they don't have a schedule. But if you want a job like a show/movie script writer, then I guess it's practice, since they're always on a time schedule. Simply put: Don't let yourself get rushed in doing it, take your time when you work on it.

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I honestly hadn't noticed xD
when you want to update it is entirely up to you, but as a writer it's not really a good thing, because you're pressured into getting it done, and you can get messy and unorganized. It depends if you want to go somewhere with writing though, and where you want to go. Cause with authors, they don't have a schedule. But if you want a job like a show/movie script writer, then I guess it's practice, since they're always on a time schedule. Simply put: Don't let yourself get rushed in doing it, take your time when you work on it.
Actually it's nothing really. Friday is just the day I try to jump for as it's more conveniant for everyone. And since I already have a basic outline of the story, it's no problem. I don't HAVE to post on Friday.(though my OCD might bite me in the ass eventually.)Will post chapter later

Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by azal852 View Post
Actually it's nothing really. Friday is just the day I try to jump for as it's more conveniant for everyone. And since I already have a basic outline of the story, it's no problem. I don't HAVE to post on Friday.(though my OCD might bite me in the ass eventually.)Will post chapter later
If you're sure you can do it, then alright, cool. I was just letting you know you don't have to push your time just so others can read it. It usually takes me a few weeks to get a chapter in my story done xD

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 02-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 2~ Reason
"Ok what was that!?"Ryan shouted. Suddenly, in his mind, there flashed vast knowledge. He thought of his favorite gun, and thought of how to prove it.
"Hey man, what special powers do you two have?"Makis asked, almost irritated. Where had all of this confidence come from?
"I don't know,"Brittney said, not scared anymore,"Oh my god Josh, do you need help with that!?"She said looking at Josh's arm. It was scratched up worse than they thought. Instinct kicked in again. She summoned some weird aura, and the wound started healing.
"Ok, now what's yours?"Makis interrigated.
"I...I guess....I don't know...."Ryan replied."I don't know....but, I think I obtained the gift of knowledge......"He answered.
"Why's that?"Joseph asked.
"I can just think of something....and imagine the things I can do with it. I never have been able to do that before."
"SWEET!"Josh exclaimed.
"I would be more worried than happy...."Brittney said.
"Now that your little reunion is over, it's time to know why you have these powers"A woman's voice said.
"Who's there!?"Joseph yelled.
"Relax, I'm right here, and I'm on your side." The woman turned out to be right behind them.
"And who might you be?"Brittney asked.
"Jessiah. You can call me Jessy for short."She said
"And what do you have to do with our powers? What do you know?" Roy asked.
"First, let's find a new place to sit. Soon the police will come, and that's when the questions roll in."

A half hour later they decided to sit in a restaurant on the other side of their little town(more like a medium town).
"Ok, so what do you know."Roy asked.
"You may have already figured it out, but each of you, including me, have been blessed by the goddess Heiwana. Basically, you're trying o fight those who have been "infected" with the hatred." Jessy explained/
"Infected?" Brittney asked. "So it's like a disease?"
"Not exactly. We call it that, as it sort of, spreads like one. Hatred spreads like a disease. People may hate others, but some have a special, "seed" planted in them when the hatred get's strong enough. It's not just hatred either. It could be anything. Fear, lust envy, anything "evil"you can think of."
"So that's all we have to do?" Joseph asked.
"Well..... sort of. It doesn't happen very often....at least it didn't." Jessy began"Recently there have been a massive number of outbreaks. There is no possible reason that we humans could have had as much hatred as this."
"So...what does this mean?" Makis asked.
"It means someone is purposely pulling this off."Roy said.
"Exactly, or so we think. We have no proof, but that's what the majority of us think."
"Us?"asked Brittney.
"Yeah, who else is involved in this?"Ryan asked.
"Those who have also been chosen. I would like to say the first batch, but no one knows how many more were chosen before us." Jessy said.
"Wait, just how old are you?" Makis asked.
"Over 200 hundred." They all looked at each other in amazement. "Don't worry about it. Besides, it's time we go." They then got up and left, pondering after what they had learned. Are people really turning others into beasts like the one they saw in Brittney's neighborhood? They all slept, except for Josh. He was afraid. The goddess' blessing was not helping.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Things have gotten....interesting. I keep confusing Josh and Joseph with each other lol. Gonna take a bit to get used to. xD

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Things have gotten....interesting. I keep confusing Josh and Joseph with each other lol. Gonna take a bit to get used to. xD
Yeah I know.
I had to check the Story several times to make sure I didn't screw up any names because some of my friends names are similar.
Pretty soon you will be able to see the personality difference

Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

lol, and yeah I know.
So far, from what I see Joseph is the kind one
and Josh is the serious one and is a bit blunt

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
lol, and yeah I know.
So far, from what I see Joseph is the kind one
and Josh is the serious one and is a bit blunt
Kind of
Most of them are serious(with Ryan and possibly Brittney to an extent)especially Roy(and Roy is the one you REALLY described)but not to spoil much, but you can probably already tell that Josh is a key point of the story

Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I noticed that already lol, prologue kinda gave it away xD

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
Breeze
Genin

Breeze saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awesome story .

and Joseph's alarm is just freaking cool.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Awesome story .

and Joseph's alarm is just freaking cool.
Thanks!

@Cloukora: Yeah pretty much

Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 3~ More of a curse than a blessing
In the next 2 weeks, Jessy blended in really well. She automatically made best friends with the groups parents. She took them out to the movies at one point, and most of all made them feel somewhat comfortable about the blessing. Finally one day she went to Brittney.
"Ok you and I need to go out." She said.
"What for? Where to?" Brittney asked.
"To the mall. We need some things to catch up on." Jessy answered. Brittney was confused by this. She had barely known this strange woman for two weeks and she's already saying that they need to "catch up". What was going on?
As they day went by, they went shopping. Brittney was the kind who wanted to look nice, but didn't think that hundreds of dollars worth of clothes were really necessary. Regardless, she still attracted the opposite sex, so it was working. At sunset the two went into the food court at the top floor of the mall.
"We need to talk."Jessy said.
"About what?"Is this the so called 'Catching up'
"Do you know your role in this whole mess?" Jessy asked.
"Well.....I hep the others by healing their wounds."Brittney answered.
"That's part of it. You are the most important." Jessy said almost hesitantly.
"How so?"
"You were chosen as the grand priestess. The physical embodiment of the goddess herself. Worshipers have been searching for you for years since the last one....died." Jessy said with Mysterious regret. Brittney was shocked. 'People worship me?' she thought.
"Wait, so how does this affect me? What does this have to do with vanquishing the 'evils of the world'?"
"As the goddess' embodiment you have access to her power if trained enough. The main purpose is to use you as vessel to summon the goddess if needed."
"Summon...the goddess!?"Brittney exclaimed."Why would I need to!?" By now Brittney was near panicking.
"Calm down, there is nothing to fear, as most high priestess' don't even have to use their powers. Every time one dies, a new one is chosen. That one is you." Jessy explained. But how was Brittney supposed to take this in? What if push did in fact come to shove. What kind of dangers threatened this world? The two sat silent for about an hour. Jessy knew just how shocked Brittney was. She knew the dangers of being a High Priestess is. And she knows the amount of regret she has to deal with if she fails to protect her.
Finally Brittney asked:"Jessy, what is it like? I mean having to live an eternal life?"
"If you ask me, it's more a curse than a blessing. I have to deal with those not blessed dying, and I have to live to see all of the dangers the future holds. Immortality is something no one should seek." Jessy answered. Brittney now understood Jessy just a little more.