Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #101
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsumiTora View Post
Yes of course, you can metaphorically slap me if it is proven that Tobi is Obito. I am willing to accept shame of a wrong hypothesis than to run away from it,
Makes me happy
EnigmaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #102
TatsumiTora
Chunin Exam Participant

TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via MSN to TatsumiTora

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNinja View Post
Makes me happy
Cool,

"I bet if you look up the word "Villain" in the dictionary... You can see Jade's face next to it," - Guy Cecil (Gailardia Galan Gardios), Tales of The Abyss
TatsumiTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #103
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsumiTora View Post
Cool,
too bad i couldn't physically slap you
Old 02-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #104
TatsumiTora
Chunin Exam Participant

TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via MSN to TatsumiTora

Quote:
too bad i couldn't physically slap you
Whoa~ Don't get all pissy now. Seriously, don't get mad at me for stating my opinions and trying to stand up for myself. Besides, I thought it wasn't a serious matter.

"I bet if you look up the word "Villain" in the dictionary... You can see Jade's face next to it," - Guy Cecil (Gailardia Galan Gardios), Tales of The Abyss

Last edited by TatsumiTora; 02-13-2012 at 07:21 AM.
TatsumiTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #105
Sasuke420
Freshmen Academy Student

Sasuke420 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

OK this is my first post so be gentle. (End of discussion) Tobi is Obito! He is missing the same eye Kakashi has the Sharingan in, his uniform is black and orange which were Obito's colors, and he and Kakashi's sharingan do the same thing TELEPORT. Also in the cave scene with sasuke after the fight with Itachi you can see half his body is covered with black armour the same side that the rock crushed when Obito supposedly died. We see him fading but we dont see him die, we only see him get covered in rocks. If Tobi is Obito (which he is)................ then Naruto's dad Minato is behind everything. Obito at the age of 10 or 12 would not be able to hatch such a indepth scheme, and the only one who knew of his whereabouts when he was crushed by rocks was Minato who placed tracking teleporting Kunai on the members of his team. Its kind of obvious he is Obito and a bit annoying that anyone ever thought he was Madara.
Sasuke420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #106
UchihaObito
Freshmen Academy Student

UchihaObito is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke420 View Post
OK this is my first post so be gentle. (End of discussion) Tobi is Obito! He is missing the same eye Kakashi has the Sharingan in, his uniform is black and orange which were Obito's colors, and he and Kakashi's sharingan do the same thing TELEPORT. Also in the cave scene with sasuke after the fight with Itachi you can see half his body is covered with black armour the same side that the rock crushed when Obito supposedly died. We see him fading but we dont see him die, we only see him get covered in rocks. If Tobi is Obito (which he is)................ then Naruto's dad Minato is behind everything. Obito at the age of 10 or 12 would not be able to hatch such a indepth scheme, and the only one who knew of his whereabouts when he was crushed by rocks was Minato who placed tracking teleporting Kunai on the members of his team. Its kind of obvious he is Obito and a bit annoying that anyone ever thought he was Madara.
I agree obito has something to do with this but i think its izuna in obitos body if u think about it it makes sense obito was far FAR from evil.. i doubt he would do anything like this but IZUNA has every right to the first hokage killed hes brother and higher ups of konoha had the uchiha clan slaughtered also they never stated that izuna died right after madara removed hes eyes and also when u take someone elses eye i believe the "light" thats in the sharingans eye doesnt go out because if u think about it tobi has used hes eye 2x more then sasuke with no side effects or pain...

but then it troubles me why he was so surprised when he saw madaras body in that coffin not everyone knows what he exactly looks like and if tobi is madaras brother that explains everything also i think obitos body was a vessel for izuna because if izuna was alive he would be what like 110 years old?? if it truely is izuna then he must of used obitos body to stay alive.

Last edited by UchihaObito; 02-13-2012 at 11:26 AM.
UchihaObito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #107
Danzo's pimp cane
Freshmen Academy Student

Danzo's pimp cane saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Tobi is someone.

Someone the Kyuubi Knew somehow.

Personally, i think its Kagami Uchiha
Danzo's pimp cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #108
Dunkin
Genin Elite

Dunkin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Dunkin Send a message via Yahoo to Dunkin Send a message via Skype™ to Dunkin

I have a hard time trying to make myself think this theory is plausable. It just doesn't make any sense, sorry to say.

I think most of the people who believe Tobi= Obito, just want it to be him and base their theories on that fact alone, so they try to find ANY reason possible to make their assumptions accurate as humanly possible.
Similar hair and eyes mission/not being visible doesn't make for a valid argument in this situation.

Tobi HAS two eyes, his left eye was only hidden behind the mask. When he battled with Konan, you can clearly see he had two eyes.

Similar hair? I'm sorry thats just not a good enough reason to believe he's obito. Tobi at one point (If we can recall) had long hair when he met up with Itachi before the massacre, right? So if similar hair is a valid judgment call, then he could easily be Madara (Like we ALL believed before) Cus, his hair was identical to madara's.

His age also is a factor. Considering Tobi is incredibly knowledgable when it comes to the history behind Konoha and the dealings between Madara and the 1st. I know a few others have mentioned this too, but if Obito DID somehow survive being crushed, he'd only be in his early 30's. Not very old.
Tobi seems to be way older than that. Either way he still wouldn't know as much about the village's history since it wasn't relavent to him. And why would he wanna distroy the village? That would make no sense either.

I will say that some of the things he's said to Kakashi (Like pointing him out that one time they all encountered each other in the forest) That was a bit unusual. But at the same time, he could have pointed him out just due to the fact that he's well known in the ninja world, and a few other reasons that I dont' feel like pointing out.

Basically this, I'm not saying he WON'T Turn out being Obito, I just think its highly unlikely. And if it is so, I'll be disappointed.

I'll say it again, none of us can really say that we're right or wrong cus none of us will know for sure until Kishi is ready to inform us,. And he'll be whom ever he wants him to be.

and thats my 0.2 XD
Old 02-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #109
e710
Special Jonin Candidate

e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
In naruto chapter 364, found on a sight called naruto manga returns, it shows into the hole in Tobi's mask. The same hole that Obito's non-removed sharingan was. There is a sharingan there. Tobi and Obito both wear black and have the same hair. They both have more of a conscience than most akatsuki members. Akatsuki had Kakuzu who could re-animate boke parts. One theory is that Zetsu found the dying Obito and rescued him. Another is that he some how escaped. Both had a low regard for rules.When Tobi became over powered by konan paper bombs the damage caused him to have a wrecked mask and his right sleeve was torn off, there you could see a white arm that was created by Zetsu. There is also the name relation. As my final proof I quote chapter 364. This is what Obito/Tobi says: "The sharingans true power... my power...Uchiha Madara's power..." Next it shows you the picture. You may think that Tobi is Uchiha Madara, but keep in mind that Madara was an extremely powerful ninja that probably lived long ago and Tobi space/time jutsu comes from his mask. When he uses this jutsu his whole body gets sucked into the hole in his right eye. this is also similar to kakashi technique except he uses it as in offense where it decenter grates objects. Tobi is a strong but not extreme ninja who is theoreticly about kakashi's age. This is the proof that Obito and Tobi are the same person.

what do you guys think??

No its not Obito.
e710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #110
EnigmaNinja
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by e710 View Post
no its not obito.
yes it is obito
Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #111
Dunkin
Genin Elite

Dunkin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Dunkin Send a message via Yahoo to Dunkin Send a message via Skype™ to Dunkin

Quote:
yes it is obito

how are you so sure?
Personally I think we should stop saying "Your wrong, I'm right" till we KNOW for a fact who he is. And we're not gonna know this until Kishimoto is ready to tell us. And he's gonna be whomever he wants him to be.

Personally I'm leaving it at right now he could be ANYONE. So no ones theory is right nor wrong cus theres nothing being proven yet.

For now, he sits at being madara in my mind until this theory is 100% proven wrong.

Him being Obito just makes little to no sense, and the most so out of all the theories I've heard thus far.

Its best not to be so sure of yourself too early in the game man.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #112
EnigmaNinja
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkin View Post
how are you so sure?
Personally I think we should stop saying "Your wrong, I'm right" till we KNOW for a fact who he is. And we're not gonna know this until Kishimoto is ready to tell us. And he's gonna be whomever he wants him to be.

Personally I'm leaving it at right now he could be ANYONE. So no ones theory is right nor wrong cus theres nothing being proven yet.

For now, he sits at being madara in my mind until this theory is 100% proven wrong.

Him being Obito just makes little to no sense, and the most so out of all the theories I've heard thus far.

Its best not to be so sure of yourself too early in the game man.

this is what makes it exciting
tobi is either obito or someone else. i want to be 100% sure, so that in my mind i can tell my self that he is obito, if tobi does happen to be some one else the ill be surprised and this will ultimately lead me to enjoy the series even more because when someones surprised in a series or movie then it usually makes it even more enjoyable. Basically, i wouldn't mind if it was not Obito because like i said it would make the anime series fun to watch.
I am going to say it is obito, so now whats left to do is to wait and see my friend.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #113
EnigmaNinja
Genin

tobi might be a endo tensi obito.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #114
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Additionally:
Tobi's right arm consisted of Zetsu Goo.
The same side Obito was crushed on.
Actually at the fight vs. Minato it was his RIGHT SIDE / ARM that oozed off.
--

Tobi and Madara were accomplices.
I cannot find a reason why Madara would go after a weak shinobi, basically make him his own accomplice. He would obviously go with someone stronger like Fugaku or Kagami.

You do remember how many rocks fell on Obito's right side? That's some serious bleeding right there.
When the other part of the rocks fell, Obito would've been dead.
There is no way Zetsu could've entered and teleported with Obito since Zetsu's teleportation takes 4-5 seconds whereas Kakashi and Rin left 1 second earlier before the rocks fell.

I hate to debate with you Vivi because you're really good, but we are not missing anything, we are informed, but still, it makes more sense for Tobi to be Kagami or Fugaku than Obito.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #115
SageKakashi
Genin

SageKakashi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
The Kyuubi Incident occured 16 years ago and Gaiden took place 17 years ago.
Basically Obito died 1 year before the Incident happened.

All we could see was a Face with odd wrinkles.
Thats no sign of old age when you think about the possibility of Facial Reconstructure.

What People don't see is this:

17 years ago Obito died with his right Body side crushed under a Rock.

One year Later a Masked Man summons the Kyuubi at Narutos Birth,
With a Mirror Effect to Kakashi and a Jutsu strongly resembling Kamui.

16 years later:
Tobi tells Kakashi Kamui has no effect on him without it ever having been used on him.
I note that the Jutsus are basically the same except that Kakashi can't use it on himself while Tobi can.
Kakashi can use it far ranged, while Tobi can't.

Additionally:
Tobi's right arm consisted of Zetsu Goo.
The same side Obito was crushed on.

And the biggest connection:
Obito during Gaiden encountered a Iwa Nin called Miharu.
And guess:
This Miharu uses the exact same Jutsu as Zetsu does being Mayfly,
being the only Person beside Zetsu to do so.

And Madara even has a Motive on WHY Obito of all People:
I present Chapter 244, the Final Chapter of Gaiden.
Obito and Kakashi were deemed Heroes.

Being dead in Naruto means nothing we know that and
anyone who claims impossibility due to Death needs
to reread the Manga.
Kisame thought to be dead.
Konoha Shinobi revived.
Edo Tensei revives the Dead.
And most of all the stupid claim of Obito being dead,
yet Madara being alive was immediately possible.

=/

You present a strong argument, I like it.

Tobi being obito would be a terrible twist, Obito full of kindnesses and compassion, a man who gave his life for another withought a second thought. The person who changed the way ninjas think of their comrads.
SageKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #116
KnowMyStuff
Freshmen Academy Student

KnowMyStuff is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It is without a doubt not Obito, that would be cool.. but no. I don't know who it is but I can tell you who it isn't and who potentially could be with a few of these facts below that narrow it down ...

- According to Madara (the fake one & new) he gave the rinnegan to nagato.. Nagato present time is about 37-40 years old.. When Madara was first revived his first words were,"It would appear that brat Nagato managed to grow." Meaning he was still alive 37-40 years ago. He also went on to familiarly speak of tobi. So Madara knew who Tobi was, meaning Tobi also MUST have been alive 37-40 years ago when nagato gained his rinnegan.
( This makes Tobi older then 37-40 years old, and obviously he wasn't 10 years old back then, or even 20 for that matter so that tells us he is at the VERY LEAST 60+ years old.. )
With that being said anyone that played a role in the story within the last 60 years is not possible to be Tobi, including Obito.
KnowMyStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #117
EnigmaNinja
Genin

man, I am starting to have doubts about my own comments.
i what to know who it is already.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #118
EnigmaNinja
Genin

he is obito, i know it. if it was not for chapter 567 then i would question my self.
every time tobi speaks with kakashi it makes me think about the meaning to the words he uses. tobi says "now...excuse me while I try and act a bit tough"
close to obitos incident with the boulders, kakashi and obito got into a huge argument. obito ended up acting tough and went to save rin. this does relate to the quote.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #119
Nurilen
Freshmen Academy Student

Nurilen is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Obi-to rearranged will give you To-Obi = Tobi

Last edited by Nurilen; 03-14-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Nurilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #120
EnigmaNinja
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurilen View Post
Obi-to rearranged will give you To-Obi = Tobi
that is true, good point