Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
Straw Hat
Genin

Straw Hat has completed a tough C-rank mission!Straw Hat has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Disney XD Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubs4Life View Post
oh its popular on nicktoons
Really just Dragon Ball Kai and GT. They have that Monsuno anime but you don't see them going after One Piece, SGT Frog, Fairy Tail or other rather popular anime that could use a home on US television (other than the FUNi channel in Fairy Tail's case).

They might get Naruto Shippuden but more likely they'll just stick to Dragon Ball Kai and GT. They get pretty good ratings for them but not enough for Nick to even consider airing either on the Nickelodeon network that is in a lot more homes. Doing well on a channel not many kid's get is really not much of an accomplishment.

Meanwhile 4Kids Toonzai block pulls in pretty bad ratings despite being in a lot more homes and also having DBZ Kai on it albeit much more edited but kids don't usually care about that.

The highest rated anime on US television right now are Pokemon and Bleach and neither are even putting that many butts in seats these days.
Straw Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Aizen Sosuke saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

^ I have to agree.
both aren't doing as great as they used to but atleast they r on TV

Naruto Shippuden is awesome

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Aizen Sosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
Kirbyroth
Chunin

Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfHitler View Post
OH MY ******* GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW ******* BAD THAT IS?!

THEY HAVE ******* EDIT IT WORSE THAN ******* CARTOON NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR RUINING NARUTO SHIPPUDEN VIZ MEDIA. GREAT ******* JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm DEFINITELY buying the god damn uncut DVD's.

Because THIS'S the biggest load of BS I've EVER heard of in my ENTIRE life.
VIZ isnt the one who edits it the channel they put in on do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kirbyroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #24
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Hat View Post
Really just Dragon Ball Kai and GT. They have that Monsuno anime but you don't see them going after One Piece, SGT Frog, Fairy Tail or other rather popular anime that could use a home on US television (other than the FUNi channel in Fairy Tail's case).

They might get Naruto Shippuden but more likely they'll just stick to Dragon Ball Kai and GT. They get pretty good ratings for them but not enough for Nick to even consider airing either on the Nickelodeon network that is in a lot more homes. Doing well on a channel not many kid's get is really not much of an accomplishment.

Meanwhile 4Kids Toonzai block pulls in pretty bad ratings despite being in a lot more homes and also having DBZ Kai on it albeit much more edited but kids don't usually care about that.

The highest rated anime on US television right now are Pokemon and Bleach and neither are even putting that many butts in seats these days.
Agreed. Looking at things now i don't think Shippuden will ever get on TV, especially with the recent T3 shut down which furthers sinks Viz back into the hole they started....

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #25
Sharinganshinobi223
Chunin Exam Participant

Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Something's gotta be done with this Naruto-on-tv issue before more fans get displeased! I think its CN who started this problem in the first place!

"I never wish for an easy life, but to be a stronger man. -JFK

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."-Serious tobi

"Run away, cling to your wretched life..." -Itachi

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. -Eminem
Sharinganshinobi223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #26
Kirbyroth
Chunin

Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirbyroth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

VIZ need to find a reliable network thats not CN or Disney. This is the reason why the creators wasn't planning on dubbing it cuz he knew this was going to happen.

Kirbyroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:54 AM   #27
Straw Hat
Genin

Straw Hat has completed a tough C-rank mission!Straw Hat has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Reliable you say?

Seems like Nicktoons or The Hub are the only two channels that would give the show an adequate push with promotion and good time slots. Nicktoons being the far more likely of the two since they already have found success with Dragon Ball series.

Disney XD has little interest in action shows in general and the same goes for Cartoon Network at this point (including Adult Swim since they only air action animation one day a week).

I'd really like to see The Hub pick up Naruto and run it in prime time because I think they'd allow the PG to get away with more sense they run shows like Dan Vs. which is not exactly a kid show.

Nicktoons could probably air Shippuden with the same kind of edits as DXD but they don't run any PG cartoons so they might even require more edits. At which point you almost have to ask yourself if it's even worth the trouble to get Naruto Shippuden back on TV. They'd probably feel the need to start back at episode 1 so it would be a while before we even got new to TV episodes even if they aired it more than once or twice a week. Shippuden has already been off television since Fall of 2011 and it may not get a new home until Fall of this year (2012). At which point the DVDs and iTunes downloads will be well beyond where DXD left off so it probably wont be until 2013 when the show airs new to TV episodes and not until well into 2013 when they might be airing episodes that aren't already on DVD or iTunes unless they purposefully slowed down on releasing them on iTunes and DVD and I don't think anyone wants that. Lest they feel the frustration of buyers wishing they could watch the remaining uncut episodes of DBZ Kai which are not on DVD yet despite the series having completed it's run on Nicktoons back in December. They'll still be waiting until March for the next batch and even longer for the remainder.

So if they don't get Shippuden back on TV within the year then honestly there's no reason to bother with it. Most people watch it on Hulu and most of the dub fans would rather watch it uncut which iTunes and DVDs already provides. If the broadcast will be behind iTunes and edited then what's the point? The kids who watched Naruto on Toonami are older than 14 by now and that means none of the kid's networks have interest in their ratings.

It's really too bad that Naruto has been rudely removed from television twice now and that's going to make it much less appealing to potential TV networks because they won't see it as the #6 show on Hulu or a top selling brand but rather a show that was rejected twice by US television networks. That's two ugly marks on it's record regardless of the fact that they were not justified.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #28
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

^Yeah i can definatly agree.

Maybe if Viz announces something about Shippuden getting on another tv station then there's hope....

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #29
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I don't really care as long as iTunes keeps on releasing Naruto Shippuden in UNCUT English DUB .

|
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #30
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

I think the only solution is both Viz and Funi coming together and making an all anime chanell with one piece naruto bleach and many more anime and make the chanel available to all

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #31
Pinks17
Chunin Exam Participant

Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

That'd work but you have two strong competitors
separately there making more money. It's all about the money

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this in your sig

Pinks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #32
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinks17 View Post
That'd work but you have two strong competitors
separately there making more money. It's all about the money
I agree but I think they would both make great amounts of money since Naruto and One Piece and Bleach are really popular plus funimation can have Kai uncut it's a win win for the companies and fans

Old 02-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #33
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Funimation already has a channel which I don't have

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #34
Straw Hat
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizen Sosuke View Post
I think the only solution is both Viz and Funi coming together and making an all anime chanell with one piece naruto bleach and many more anime and make the chanel available to all
Easier said than done but Viz has gotten shows on The FUNimation Channel in previous years. They aired Buso Renkin, Hunter x Hunter, Honey & Clover, NANA and Monster.

They're not taking Bleach away from Adult Swim any time soon so that's off the table. Same with DBZ Kai over at Nicktoons but they could air the original Dragon Ball and the uncut Dragon Ball Z. I hear they are considering playing DBZ on The FUNimation Channel and that would help it get picked up by more providers I would hope.

But you have to consider not even everyone get Cartoon Network and an all anime channel is not exactly a big draw to cable providers. Even if they had DBZ, Naruto and One Piece (along with Yu Yu Hakusho and several other successful shows already on the network) they still wont be able to get into that many homes any time soon. Getting into about as many homes as G4, DXD or Nicktoons is probably the best they'll be able to do in the coming years.

But what good does that do for anime exposure in the US if it's still not in that many homes? What's going to draw new viewers to an all anime channel in the first place?

It's not really going to get anime any more noticed than Hulu already does.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
Marajsky
Apprentice Genin

Marajsky is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
Funimation already has a channel which I don't have

NOBODY does, I don't know of one cable company that carrys it. At least I know Comcast doesn't (in Philadelphia, where I am). Any no matter how many calls they get for Funimation Channel, they will not carry it!! Just use Itunes or buy the DVD's (like I do) or watch it on Crunchyroll (like I do). I ready don't care if it's not on TV, they are going to cut it up to peices anyway! Face it this is not a kiddy show (and I don't think Disney did their research on Naruto, other wise they would have know this is NOT a kid's show!) Just my $.02
Marajsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #36
Sharinganshinobi223
Chunin Exam Participant

Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Viz is in a big one this time! All these problems about finding anime a right home shows us that many of these channels are beginning to ignore anime. CN is focused on crappy kids shows; adult swim is focused on comedy for adults. DXD airs cheap sitcoms and disney-oriented shows like P&F(they air marvel too, but they still treat it bad only airing it at midnight). Nicktoons and The Hub focus on the same thing as CN and adult swim. The main point is that these channels are showing less appreciation for anime. Viz is trying their best to find Naruto a good channel ,but with situations like these, its nearly impossible. Worst case scenario:

Spoiler:
Naruto can only be seen on DVDs throughout the rest of the series.

"I never wish for an easy life, but to be a stronger man. -JFK

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."-Serious tobi

"Run away, cling to your wretched life..." -Itachi

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. -Eminem
Sharinganshinobi223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
hatakestar
Chunin Exam Participant

hatakestar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well I think that all anime should just have its own channel rather than put on CN, Disney XD, or Nicktoons. Although the chances of that happening aren't very likely, but I think that it would be a good idea.

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"- Itachi Uchiha
hatakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharinganshinobi223 View Post
Viz is in a big one this time! All these problems about finding anime a right home shows us that many of these channels are beginning to ignore anime. CN is focused on crappy kids shows; adult swim is focused on comedy for adults. DXD airs cheap sitcoms and disney-oriented shows like P&F(they air marvel too, but they still treat it bad only airing it at midnight). Nicktoons and The Hub focus on the same thing as CN and adult swim. The main point is that these channels are showing less appreciation for anime. Viz is trying their best to find Naruto a good channel ,but with situations like these, its nearly impossible. Worst case scenario:

Spoiler:
Naruto can only be seen on DVDs throughout the rest of the series.
That is probably gonna be the case since viz can't get any TV Chanel to air the show.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #39
Kitsune
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kitsune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatakestar View Post
Well I think that all anime should just have its own channel rather than put on CN, Disney XD, or Nicktoons. Although the chances of that happening aren't very likely, but I think that it would be a good idea.
The difficult thing with that is, is that anime is REALLY expensive, especially if they're on TV. That's why Adult Swim only does reruns of shows it's had for a long time; we were lucky to get Durarara so fast, and many people are wondering if it'll get a new anime soon, like when Kekkaishi ended. Right now the only currently airing show is Bleach, and I know many people are getting tired of it.

I think there are some channels that do consider having one or two anime on their broadcast list, but look at the cost and turn away. Shows like Phineas and Ferb are cheaper and appeal more to kids, but I think if we show some of the anime we thought were cartoons when we were younger (Beyblade, Hamtaro, etc) they might come to like and appreciate anime more.

Plus, don't forget Netflix, Hulu and Blockbuster. They have a lot of anime listed, so I think that's a main issue with getting some shows on TV too. Why wait a week for a show when you can get the next episode with a press of a button? Granted not every single anime made is on there, but they have some pretty good titles (I'm currently loving Eden of the East) and I enjoy getting my fill of anime from them.

Also, don't forget that TV follows what's new and popular with people throughout the country. Disney goes with music, CN/AS go for comedy, and most if not all other channels are reality shows, dramas, etc. Viz has trouble getting Naruto on one channel because it's so different from everything; no there is no pop sensation in it; no, they don't run around making fart noises. Networks want ratings, and if they cater to what people are into, they will get it; anime just doesn't fit with anything anymore and that's why its popularity is dropping. Especially with all the ecchi crap and harems that have girls flaunting their bodies to the audience...what parent would want their kid to watch a girl running around with boobs the size of the basketball outside?

Last edited by Kitsune; 02-13-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #40
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

it's popularity wouldn't have dropped if CN had promoted the anime