Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #3801
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Like I said ambiguous ;P.

I think she was apologizing because she was about to try and kill Sasuke and she knew that he wouldn't want that.

Again, Sakura might have feelings for both. It's obvious she cares more about Naruto but she most likely has lingering feelings for Sasuke.

In story answer for why Kishi hasn't made it obvious: See above, she's still conflicted about who she loves.

Out-of-story answer: Kishi has to keep the pairing suspense up. You cannot deny that the romance brings him a load of cash. If he ended the debate early then he would lose a portion of his fanbase probably(sad as it is. Who reads a SHONEN just for the romance? Sadly, a lot of people ).

I dunno honestly. Maybe she did. Kishi has shown that sometimes he doesn't show us everything(ex: Naruto was apparently jealous of Killer Bee's and the eighttails relationship this entire time. Other than his 'I'm sorry' comment to Kyuubi we didn't know this until he told us). Buuuuuut I know that's a cop out answer . Maybe it was to keep the pairing suspense up.

Because Naruto and Sakura are two different people with two different mindsets. From day one Naruto was shown to be a guy who never gave up on things. Sasuke was his first best friend. Giving the life he had and everything it makes sense he won't give up on Sasuke that easily.

Sakura on the other hand, has doubted Sasuke before and is quite different from Naruto when it came to friendships(she stopped hers with Ino over a boy/confidence issues).

They aren't going to be the same when it comes to Sasuke as evident by Sakura jumping to the conclusion that Sasuke needs to be killed first.

And I don't believe Sakura will ever stop caring about Sasuke. But she can lose whatever romantic feelings she has for him.

I think they are romantic...but again, lingering feelings for Sasuke.

@Pinks17

That confession was done at the end of part 1 when they were 13-years-old and Sakura was afraid Sasuke was walking out of her life forever. She sounded kind of desperate then didn't she? Since then she hasn't seen the guy in two years, and then she only sees him twice in the span of...I don't even know. However long it's been since Team 7's first reunion to their most recent one.

As for the rest? Eh. I explained it up there.

Last edited by Lari18; 02-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #3802
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin
 
Mini-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 0
Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

If Sakura "is conflicted" why did she only think of Sasuke, instead of also how Naruto fits the "nice guy" description? If Sakura was in love with both Kishi would play it up more. Naruto is Sakura's friend, and she doesn't want him to suffer, but she isn't in love with him.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #3803
Pinks17
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Pinks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in the Alamo
Posts: 614
Rep Power: 5
Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari18 View Post

@Pinks17

That confession was done at the end of part 1 when they were 13-years-old and Sakura was afraid Sasuke was walking out of her life forever. She sounded kind of desperate then didn't she? Since then she hasn't seen the guy in two years, and then she only sees him twice in the span of...I don't even know. However long it's been since Team 7's first reunion to their most recent one.
Your being one sided.
Desperation?! She's desperate because the person who she loves is leaving!
Wouldn't you be desperate?! Sakura has been away from Sauske and Naruto for two years not just Sauske.

And you need to stop saying Sakura has feelings for Naruto. She hasn't admitted it, so you can;t say she does.
What we can say is that
Hinata loves Naruto and Sakura Loves Sauske. Naruto Like/Loves Sakura
That's it.
Unless something happens that changes this, then you can say whatever.
But right now your only stating your opinion. So don't say someone is wrong or someone is right.
__________________
I Believe In Patient Love

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this in your sig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Pinks17; 02-10-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Pinks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #3804
Pinks17
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Pinks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in the Alamo
Posts: 614
Rep Power: 5
Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari18 View Post
Like I said ambiguous ;P.

I think she was apologizing because she was about to try and kill Sasuke and she knew that he wouldn't want that.

Again, Sakura might have feelings for both. It's obvious she cares more about Naruto but she most likely has lingering feelings for Sasuke.

Again Lari,

First part, just sounds ridiculous. of course Sauske wouldn't like that! who would want to die? ( your reason is wack. )

Second part- your being 2 sided which is nice, but then you say Sakura obviously cares more about Naruto? That's not been proven.
Wait before you state something. If your going to post something on here make it your opinion.


you used to be two sided! What happened!? :/
__________________
I Believe In Patient Love

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this in your sig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pinks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #3805
TatsumiTora
Chunin Exam Participant
 
TatsumiTora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Posts: 702
Rep Power: 5
TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TatsumiTora is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via MSN to TatsumiTora
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari18 View Post
@TatsumiTora

Nah brah. Long posts are good . I will respond since you put thought into it.

NaruSaku: I disagree with how Sakura is in love with Sasuke. I think she's in love with her IDEAL vision of Sasuke and just can't let that go. Notice how when she was hesitating on killing him she was thinking of Sasuke as a little kid. Not Sasuke as a fifteen year old. When she does finally think of him as she is now, she's not happy. I think she's upset because the Sasuke she fell in love with at 12 and the Sasuke now are just so different. I don't know if she is truly in love with current Sasuke.

I can't really respond to the NaruHina and SasuSaku things since I agree(crept I don't think NaruHina would be a good couple. But that's just my opinion ). But the genetics thing makes sense. So many people assume NaruHina kid will have byakugan just because and Sasusaku kid will have sharing an just because. Ignoring the fact that with that logic a NaruSaku kid will kick just as much ass with awesome chakra genetics and a big brain(Sakura is intelligent and Naruto is clever), genetics aren't so cookie cutter.

Then again, it's fiction. A fiction where ninjas can spit fire out of their bodies.
I failed to notice that point regarding SasuSaku, thank you for pointing that out. I have to agree with you on that. It sure seems that Sakura is in love with only the cool, relaxed 'good' Sasuke than the current revenge deprived Sasuke,

"Having good genes" as most of us say it is important in most Asian cultures, so I see a tiny relevance with the SasuSaku and NaruHina pairings,
__________________
"The "Copy Ninja" Kakashi, the man who copied one thousand techniques... is about to go on a rampage!" - Hatake Kakashi, Commander of the Third Division

"I bet if you look up the word "Villain" in the dictionary... You can see Jade's face next to it," - Guy Cecil (Gailardia Galan Gardios), Tales of The Abyss
TatsumiTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #3806
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin
 
Mini-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 0
Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Naruto is only friends with the cool, Nice Sasuke. No way he'd be care about the person Sasuke is now.

Sasuke is a different person, both Naruto and Sakura know this. That doesn't mean they abandon him.

The whole point is them trying to get Sasuke to be who he used to be before the turned for the darkness.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #3807
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,949
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Out-of-story answer: Kishi has to keep the pairing suspense up. You cannot deny that the romance brings him a load of cash. If he ended the debate early then he would lose a portion of his fanbase probably(sad as it is. Who reads a SHONEN just for the romance? Sadly, a lot of people ).
Sorry but this is a load of bolagna, real romance stories have meaning development between the two would be lovers. Kishi is not building up suspense, he's likely going to make an impulse decision at the end or have some panel saying, " 5 years later" with naruto standing alone or with someone hand in hand.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #3808
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
If Sakura "is conflicted" why did she only think of Sasuke, instead of also how Naruto fits the "nice guy" description? If Sakura was in love with both Kishi would play it up more. Naruto is Sakura's friend, and she doesn't want him to suffer, but she isn't in love with him.
...I already answered this :/. I said I don't know why Naruto wasn't shown in that panel. Kishimoto has proven that he doesn't show us everything. I know that. Then I guess I'm just doing some wishful thinking :P.

She said she loves him and hasn't taken that statement back yet so that's what I'm going on.

Quote:
Your being one sided.
Desperation?! She's desperate because the person who she loves is leaving!
Wouldn't you be desperate?!
Desperate people say crazy things right? Sakura also said that without Sasuke she'd feel just as alone despite having friends and family. And in part 2 she kind of you know...wasn't alone. So yeah I'd be desperate. I'd also say anything and everything I could to get the person to stay.

Quote:
Sakura has been away from Sauske and Naruto for two years not just Sauske.
Yeah and then she and Naruto met up and spent a lot of time together. In the entirety of part 2 Sakura has only seen Sasuke face to face twice so far. I said that. Weren't you reading my post?

Quote:
And you need to stop saying Sakura has feelings for Naruto. She hasn't admitted it, so you can;t say she does.
What we can say is that
Hinata loves Naruto and Sakura Loves Sauske. Naruto Like/Loves Sakura
That's it.
Unless something happens that changes this, then you can say whatever.
But right now your only stating your opinion. So don't say someone is wrong or someone is right.
I haven't said someone is wrong . I only said I think Sakura's feelings are ambiguous. I'M the one being told I'm wrong :/.

Quote:
Again Lari,

First part, just sounds ridiculous. of course Sauske wouldn't like that! who would want to die? ( your reason is wack. )
.................................................. ......................................I was talking about Naruto. Naruto wouldn't like it if Sakura killed Sasuke. That's why she apologized.

Quote:
Second part- your being 2 sided which is nice, but then you say Sakura obviously cares more about Naruto? That's not been proven.
Yes it has.

-Kishimoto stated in an interview that Naruto was closer to Sakura.
-When it was announced that Sasuke had to be killed, Sakura immediately thought about Naruto and how he would react. She didn't give Sasuke one thought and even agreed that he should be killed to spare Naruto more pain(at least that was part of her reason).
-During the most recent Team 7 reunion, Sasuke trash talks Kakashi, nearly kills Karin, and attempts to kill Sakura. Sakura says nothing...until Sasuke insults Naruto. Then she bitches him out.
-When Naruto and Sasuke were about to do a rasengan-chidori clash, she called out Naruto's name and Naruto's name only.

And hell since you used 'real life' logic when talking about desperation, here's some 'real life' logic(or common sense) here:

-She decided to stick with Naruto and Konoha.

-Why in the world would she care more about Sasuke, who she only has seen twice then and hasn't been painting a flattering picture, over the guy she's been hanging out with for almost the entirety of the manga. Honestly who would you care about more?

Quote:
Wait before you state something. If your going to post something on here make it your opinion.
.......I have. I've been using words like 'might', 'most likely', and 'probably'. I said 'I think'. All opinion words. Then I put my analysis.

Quote:
you used to be two sided! What happened!? :/
...Really? I thought this time I was being nice. But I guess for starters there are certain folks who read my posts, assume I mean something, and then talk to me as if that was what I meant when it wasn't. And then? They have the nerve to say I'm saying things that I'm not saying and give me 'advice'.

Quote:
I failed to notice that point regarding SasuSaku, thank you for pointing that out. I have to agree with you on that. It sure seems that Sakura is in love with only the cool, relaxed 'good' Sasuke than the current revenge deprived Sasuke,

"Having good genes" as most of us say it is important in most Asian cultures, so I see a tiny relevance with the SasuSaku and NaruHina pairings,
! Yeah I noticed it because whenever she thought about him she thought about little Sasuke. It's only now that she thought about big Sasuke and it wasn't positive.

True, but in a magic world of ninjas who can make the ground move I don't know if genetics in the real world work the same way in the Naruto world XD.

EDIT:

Quote:
Sorry but this is a load of bolagna, real romance stories have meaning development between the two would be lovers. Kishi is not building up suspense, he's likely going to make an impulse decision at the end or have some panel saying, " 5 years later" with naruto standing alone or with someone hand in hand.
Naruto isn't a romance story though. It's a shonen. Romance is a part of it but it has to take a back seat because boys don't care about romance as much as they do fighting/action. And Kishimoto himself said he sucks at writing romances lol. And he also said he already had everything planned out by the end of the Chunin Exam so...yeah.

Besides it can't be denied that a lot of Naruto readers are romance fans. Look at how the anime gives fanservice to pairings whenever it gets a chance. Look at all of the pairing videos on Youtube. Look at all the romance fanart, fanfiction, forums, threads, etc. Sad as it is, I've actually heard people say that if Kishimoto doesn't write the pairng they want then he is a bad writer and his story sucks. I know not ALL Naruto fans are pairings fans(and it clearly isn't at the forefront of Kishimoto's mind). But I do know that pairing fans can get LOUD and if the anime team has noticed it, Kishimoto and his editors have as well.

Last edited by Lari18; 02-10-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #3809
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin
 
Mini-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 0
Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari18 View Post
...I already answered this :/. I said I don't know why Naruto wasn't shown in that panel. Kishimoto has proven that he doesn't show us everything. I know that. Then I guess I'm just doing some wishful thinking :P.

She said she loves him and hasn't taken that statement back yet so that's what I'm going on.



Desperate people say crazy things right? Sakura also said that without Sasuke she'd feel just as alone despite having friends and family. And in part 2 she kind of you know...wasn't alone. So yeah I'd be desperate. I'd also say anything and everything I could to get the person to stay.



Yeah and then she and Naruto met up and spent a lot of time together. In the entirety of part 2 Sakura has only seen Sasuke face to face twice so far. I said that. Weren't you reading my post?



I haven't said someone is wrong . I only said I think Sakura's feelings are ambiguous. I'M the one being told I'm wrong :/.



.................................................. ......................................I was talking about Naruto. Naruto wouldn't like it if Sakura killed Sasuke. That's why she apologized.



Yes it has.

-Kishimoto stated in an interview that Naruto was closer to Sakura.
-When it was announced that Sasuke had to be killed, Sakura immediately thought about Naruto and how he would react. She didn't give Sasuke one thought and even agreed that he should be killed to spare Naruto more pain(at least that was part of her reason).
-During the most recent Team 7 reunion, Sasuke trash talks Kakashi, nearly kills Karin, and attempts to kill Sakura. Sakura says nothing...until Sasuke insults Naruto. Then she bitches him out.
-When Naruto and Sasuke were about to do a rasengan-chidori clash, she called out Naruto's name and Naruto's name only.

And hell since you used 'real life' logic when talking about desperation, here's some 'real life' logic(or common sense) here:

-She decided to stick with Naruto and Konoha.

-Why in the world would she care more about Sasuke, who she only has seen twice then and hasn't been painting a flattering picture, over the guy she's been hanging out with for almost the entirety of the manga. Honestly who would you care about more?



.......I have. I've been using words like 'might', 'most likely', and 'probably'. I said 'I think'. All opinion words. Then I put my analysis.



...Really? I thought this time I was being nice. But I guess for starters there are certain folks who read my posts, assume I mean something, and then talk to me as if that was what I meant when it wasn't. And then? They have the nerve to say I'm saying things that I'm not saying and give me 'advice'.



! Yeah I noticed it because whenever she thought about him she thought about little Sasuke. It's only now that she thought about big Sasuke and it wasn't positive.

True, but in a magic world of ninjas who can make the ground move I don't know if genetics in the real world work the same way in the Naruto world XD.

EDIT:



Naruto isn't a romance story though. It's a shonen. Romance is a part of it but it has to take a back seat because boys don't care about romance as much as they do fighting/action. And Kishimoto himself said he sucks at writing romances lol. And he also said he already had everything planned out by the end of the Chunin Exam so...yeah.

Besides it can't be denied that a lot of Naruto readers are romance fans. Look at how the anime gives fanservice to pairings whenever it gets a chance. Look at all of the pairing videos on Youtube. Look at all the romance fanart, fanfiction, forums, threads, etc. Sad as it is, I've actually heard people say that if Kishimoto doesn't write the pairng they want then he is a bad writer and his story sucks. I know not ALL Naruto fans are pairings fans(and it clearly isn't at the forefront of Kishimoto's mind). But I do know that pairing fans can get LOUD and if the anime team has noticed it, Kishimoto and his editors have as well.

Why, out of all times, did Naruto interrupt Sakura when she sounded like she was goin to say she loved him again? Sakura was trying to get release Naruto from his promise, that is why she confessed not because she was in love with Naruto.

Have you noticed how Kishi uses very romantic language when people describe romantic feelings? Sakura's confession wasn't like. It's pretty bad when "I'm fickle" is the reason given during a confession. That and when she tried to say something halfway romantic Naruto stopped her because he knew she didn't mean it.

Sakura isn't in love with Naruto, and that is why he wasn't in that panel. It also is why Sakura only mentioned helping him, not holding his hand like Hinata.

Do I need to mention that Sakura said the was someONE else, not that it was complicated.

Sasuke kept Sakura at an arms length, Naruto didn't, but Naruto still isn't the one she loves. In a way Naruto is closer to her than Sasuke, but that isn't because she is in love with Naruto.

Sakura didn't decide Sasuke need to die for Naruto's sake, she tried that excuse and Naruto called it an excused, she wanted Sasuke to not sink lower. That was her main motivation, even if it made Naruto HATE HER. She was told Sasuke had to be stopped, her thoughts on Sasuke were just hidden, unlike those for Naruto, because if Kishi showed them they might reveal Sakura's plan.

Naruto isn't friends with the current Sasuke, he bonded with the old Sasuke, Sakura doesn't have to let Sasuke go because he has changed. Just like Naruto hasn't. Sakura was thinking of her most romantic moments with Sasuke (approaching him and that thank you), so it was positive. The thought of current Sasuke is sad because of what has happened to him. Not because she doesn't love him. Heck, it's sad because she does love him and doesn't want to see him like this.

Last edited by Mini-Chan; 02-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #3810
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Maybe because it went against his plan? He had a plan to get Sasuke back and then confess his feelings for Sakura. Sakura was screwing that plan up by confessing early...and then saying she didn't care about Sasuke anymore got him angry. But that's just a guess.

Then why not just tell him 'you don't have to chase Sasuke anymore' and leave it at that? Why say she loves him?

Well he thinks she didn't mean it. Like Naruto understands a girl's heart lol. Sakura thus far hasn't confirmed that she actually was lying about that part.

She did say "No matter what you say, we'll be together this time." which is pretty deep. And helping him is a good thing.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #3811
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin
 
Mini-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 0
Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Confessing early? Really? No. Just no. Naruto asked her out many times, he would have been fine with Sakura loving him.

Sakura had to give some reason to tell Naruto to stop chasing Sasuke. She thought telling what he wanted to hear would make him want to believe her. Kishi spat on the reasons NS gave for Sakura loving Naruto by spitting on them. You don't love somebody just because they're around or they're better than somebody else.


Sakura called herself fickle. You don't get worse than that. If Sakura meant it, the original confession would have been shown and Sakura would have been better reasons for loving him. Face it, as this point Sakura doesn't love Naruto.
Naruto knew Sakura was lying because he knew her so well, he even stated he knew Sakura better than that.

"Not just me... everyone".

She means working together, not being his girlfriend. No matter what Naruto said, she wouldn't let him face this with without her and the other rookies. It makes perfect sense if you look at Naruto's history of telling people to let him do things alone.

Last edited by Mini-Chan; 02-11-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #3812
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Yeah. But when he asked her out before then he didn't know the truth about the Uchiha clan, didn't know that Sasuke joined a known terrorist group, and didn't know he'd kill an innocent person with loved ones. A fellow jinchuuriki at that. Overall? He didn't know just how hopeless his dream of Team 7 reuniting really was.

Yeah but why not give a 'he's hurting you Naruto!' reason? Or a 'I'm your friend and I care a lot about you' reason? Or hell even a 'as ninjas we have to protect Konoha' reason would suffice. Instead she says she loves him. Why?

Well it was out of the blue and in character. When Sasuke left she explained all of her feelings for him didn't she? You know 'I love you because of the happy times we spent together as a team!'. Same thing.

Wat? Of course you fall in love with people for those reasons o_o! Even in long distance relationships you have people falling in love because they are 'around' in the sense that they can communicate. And that depends on your definite of 'better'. Do you fall in love with someone because they are a better ninja? No. But you do fall in love with them because they are a better PERSON and have proven such by saving your entire hometown.

Well she was at first. Her reasons for liking Sasuke were incredibly shallow(I know Naruto had shallow reasons when Sakura was first introduced. But in that same chapter his reasons grew deeper once he realized that he and Sakura were alike).

I don't get what you mean by original confession. Please elaborate.

And uh, says you? Seriously where are all of those people that complain NaruSaku fans sound 'too certain'? Does that 'stop stating your opinion as fact' argument only count when it's against NaruSaku fans?

He knew she was lying about not caring about Sasuke for sure, but her feelings for Naruto can ONLY be known by her. Why do you think she fought so hard when he didn't believe her?

Yeah I know . I just said that because it sounds so cute!

But I see you edited your post. Will respond to that now.

Quote:
Do I need to mention that Sakura said the was someONE else, not that it was complicated.
Well she could've been thinking of Naruto then. She didn't think about Sasuke until the guy said "A person you like must be a good guy."

Then she thinks the first person she liked turned out not to be so good.

Quote:
Sasuke kept Sakura at an arms length, Naruto didn't, but Naruto still isn't the one she loves. In a way Naruto is closer to her than Sasuke, but that isn't because she is in love with Naruto.
That's not good for a relationship. Your romantic partner is supposed to be the closest to you.

Quote:
Sakura didn't decide Sasuke need to die for Naruto's sake, she tried that excuse and Naruto called it an excused, she wanted Sasuke to not sink lower. That was her main motivation, even if it made Naruto HATE HER. She was told Sasuke had to be stopped, her thoughts on Sasuke were just hidden, unlike those for Naruto, because if Kishi showed them they might reveal Sakura's plan.
Except Sakura didn't think up the plan to kill Sasuke until AFTER Sai told her how much he was hurting Naruto.

Quote:
Naruto isn't friends with the current Sasuke, he bonded with the old Sasuke, Sakura doesn't have to let Sasuke go because he has changed. Just like Naruto hasn't. Sakura was thinking of her most romantic moments with Sasuke (approaching him and that thank you), so it was positive. The thought of current Sasuke is sad because of what has happened to him. Not because she doesn't love him. Heck, it's sad because she does love him and doesn't want to see him like this.
Wait...you're saying that Naruto can let go of his bond with his best friend and Sakura can't?

Those moments weren't romantic on Sasuke's end though. Because Sasuke does not have romantic feelings for Sakura and he never did.

I'm sorry but did I not admit that I KNOW Sakura has lingering feelings for Sasuke :/? Do people even read what I post here? I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot -_-.

But anyways the thought of current Sasuke makes her sad and thus her feelings for him aren't what they once were.

On the other hand, spending time with Naruto has made her feelings for him develop.

Btw do you agree now that Naruto's feelings are not ambiguous?

Last edited by Lari18; 02-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #3813
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin
 
Mini-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 0
Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Why would Sakura be worried about Naruto not being a good guy? That makes no sense. Sakura STILL loves Sasuke, and that is who she was talking about. If Sakura was over Sasuke she would have thought "I wouldn't like a guy who wasn't good, so that's why I'm over Sasuke". Sasuke was who she was talking about or else he wouldn't have been brought up in that context.

Karin said Sakura loved Sasuke.
Naruto said Sakura loved Sasuke.
Sai said Sakura loved Sasuke.
Nobody disagreed.

My point is neither Sakura or Naruto are going to let go of their feelings for Sasuke.

Sakura thought of positive SasuSaku moments when she couldn't kill him, not team seven moments.

Sakura is sad Sasuke is like this, but she still loves him.


Sakura wouldn't love Naruto because he was a better person, she would love him because of how he makes her feel. You don't fall in love with somebody by comparing them to someone else. You don't love somebody just because their around either, again its because of how they make you feel.

Sakura didn't say any of those things at first because Sakura knew Naruto already knew Sasuke joined a group of people who wanted to destroy the leaf. Sakura also tried "I'm just worried about you" and Naruto didn't believe that either.

P.S. Naruto hasn't been clear how he feels about Sakura or Hinata lately. I still disagree.

Last edited by Mini-Chan; 02-11-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #3814
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Um what? I was saying that Sakura didn't think of Sasuke until the guy said whoever she likes has to be good and then she thinks that he's wrong. One of the guys she likes isn't isn't good.

Quote:
If Sakura was over Sasuke she would have thought "I wouldn't like a guy who wasn't good, so that's why I'm over Sasuke".
You AREN'T reading all of my posts are you D:<!?

Quote:
Karin said Sakura loved Sasuke.
Naruto said Sakura loved Sasuke.
Sai said Sakura loved Sasuke.
Nobody disagreed.
Who could disagree with Karin? She said that in her thoughts and unless Sakura suddenly gained Yamanaka powers then she couldn't have said anything in her defense.

As for naruto and Sai, the problem was the only person who could disagree with them(Sakura) wasn't there when they said those things. So of course nobody disagreed because the only one who could correct them, again Sakura, wasn't there to do so.

Yeah but the feelings can change.

Da ? I didn't say they were team 7 moments...I was saying those couldn't really be positive, romantic SasuSaku moments because Sasuke didn't return Sakura's feelings or show that he did. Why are you putting words in my mouth o_O?

Or she would love him for both. Yep. She could love him because he's a great person and he makes her feel more confident/comfortable/BETTER than Sasuke ever did. Well not JUST because. But combine the three and you have a gooooood recipe for NaruSaku .

That makes no sense. 'I'm not going to use the 'we should protect our home against Sasuke ' excuse and remind Naruto that we have a sworn duty to protect our home because Naruto already knows Sasuke is in a terrorist group'. Or 'I'm not going to say 'I'm your friend Naruto please listen to me!' because Naruto knows Sasuke is in a terrorist group'. What?

P.S Well Sakura hasn't been clear either. So far only third party people said that Sakura still loves Sasuke and Sasuke only. Sai also said that Naruto loves Sakura and thus far, he hasn't shown otherwise. But okay.

Last edited by Lari18; 02-11-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #3815
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin
 
Mini-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 0
Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Naruto already KNEW Sasuke was a threat. Naruto knows he has to protect Konoha and has done so before. He still didn't change his mind. Reminding him that Sasuke is a threat and he is supposed to protect Konoha isn't likely to change his mind.

Sakura knew Naruto wasn't going to forget the POAL if Sakura still loved Sasuke, and Sakura used being fickle (her words, not mine ) and loving Naruto as her argument to convince Naruto she no longer loved Sasuke.

Sakura used the whole "I'm worried about you" excuse, and Naruto called it an excuse. That's basically the same argument as listen to be I'm your friend.

It doesn't matter if Sakura wasn't around to disagree, it's been made clear everyone was right about her feelings for Sasuke.

Kakashi, Sai, Naruto, Yamato. Are you saying NONE of them know who Sakura feels?

Sakura CRIED when asked about Sasuke, that isn't the action of somebody who is over someone.

Sakura still has romantic feelings for Sasuke, you admitted it, and Sakura said there was someONE else, she didn't say it was complicated (like it would be if she were in love with both). Sakura wouldn't have thought of Sasuke in that contect if her feelings were former. Sakura has shown that she loves Sasuke and only Sasuke.

Sakura flashed back to moments that were important to her in a romantic sense. Those moments wouldn't be powerful if she was over Sasuke, more evidence that Sasuke is the someone else. If Sakura was over Sasuke, the team seven moments with Sasuke would have been what she held onto.

Sakura is in love with one person, that person is Sasuke, and I will continue to think this unless the manga gives evidence that isn't true.

P.S. by original confession I mean what she first claimed to love Naruto.

Last edited by Mini-Chan; 02-11-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #3816
Pinks17
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Pinks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in the Alamo
Posts: 614
Rep Power: 5
Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Again Lari, Naruto and Sauske have been away for 2 years.
Yeah she has seen Naruto more recently.
But then again who was she most likely thinking of, when those two were away.
"common sense is the answer"
And yes Naruto has been around more, but has it been that long?! Has it been another year! No, Just mere months.
And just because your desperate; and saying "i love you" Doesn't mean it's not true. It was easily seen in the Magna how Sakura felt for Sauske even though it may have been Fangirlism..

Also the "No matter what you say, we'll be together part" your forgetting the ending to that... (pretty low to go there)

And that NaruSkau moment, when Sakura was saying "I love you to Naruto" Was all SasuSaku written all over it. ( you can just tell by her reactions.. and Naruto knew also ) She only said it so she can stop Naruto's pain because she cares about him and had no idea what Naruto was going through before Sai talked to her.

( your saying why would Sakura say something outta the blue like that? Becasue we all know Sakura is not that great with emotions, thinking that's the only way to stop Naruto. )

But your reasons to fall in love with people are right, i do believe you fall in love with good people and not evil! But that's me.
But i think that's the only thing right now saving NS.

But last chapter didn't help NS case at all :/
Idk the ending is getting close and Kishi can just pull out a wild card and make everything look good! So WHO KNOWS!
__________________
I Believe In Patient Love

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this in your sig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pinks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #3817
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,949
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Naruto isn't a romance story though. It's a shonen. Romance is a part of it but it has to take a back seat because boys don't care about romance as much as they do fighting/action. And Kishimoto himself said he sucks at writing romances lol. And he also said he already had everything planned out by the end of the Chunin Exam so...yeah.
Uh huh, this is why you're all writing essays to support your bs? xD
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #3818
Arochi
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
Rep Power: 0
Arochi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

i think shika/ino
Arochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #3819
Pinks17
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Pinks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in the Alamo
Posts: 614
Rep Power: 5
Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Uh huh, this is why you're all writing essays to support your bs? xD
Hahaha xD
Oohhh that was harsh...
__________________
I Believe In Patient Love

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this in your sig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pinks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #3820
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Sakura is in love with one person, that person is Sasuke, and I will continue to think this unless the manga gives evidence that isn't true.
Then I guess there isn't anything to debate here is there ?

Quote:
P.S. by original confession I mean what she first claimed to love Naruto.
Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Again Lari, Naruto and Sauske have been away for 2 years.
Yeah she has seen Naruto more recently.
But then again who was she most likely thinking of, when those two were away.
"common sense is the answer"
Is that even relevant?

Quote:
And yes Naruto has been around more, but has it been that long?! Has it been another year! No, Just mere months.
Yes it has. At the start of part 2 Naruto was 15. When he meets his dad he's sixteen. And who knows how much time it has been since then?

Quote:
And just because your desperate; and saying "i love you" Doesn't mean it's not true. It was easily seen in the Magna how Sakura felt for Sauske even though it may have been Fangirlism..
It may have been true but you can't argue that Sakura didn't understand Sasuke at all then. Heck she still doesn't understand him now! How can you be truly in love with someone you don't understand?

Quote:
Also the "No matter what you say, we'll be together part" your forgetting the ending to that... (pretty low to go there)
I was joking. And I admitted I was joking in my last post...why so srs? Calm down a little will ya ?

Quote:
And that NaruSkau moment, when Sakura was saying "I love you to Naruto" Was all SasuSaku written all over it. ( you can just tell by her reactions.. and Naruto knew also )
Aren't you sounding a little too, dare I say it, certain here ?
Quote:
Wait before you state something. If your going to post something on here make it your opinion.
Tsk, tsk Pink17 lol.

Quote:
( your saying why would Sakura say something outta the blue like that? Becasue we all know Sakura is not that great with emotions, thinking that's the only way to stop Naruto. )
Well I'm not convinced that there wasn't SOME truth to her saying 'I love you'. And I won't be until she herself says she was lying.

And where's my apology for wrongfully accusing meh D:?!

Quote:
Uh huh, this is why you're all writing essays to support your bs? xD
I don't know if you're joking here but in case you are not um...no?

Even though it's a small part of the story, it's a small part I'm interested in. And there is enough material to write a lot about it. It's like those essays about side characters and their motivations/hopes/dreams. Same thing different subject.

But overall I just find it fun.

If you were joking then ignore me.

Last edited by Lari18; 02-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
debating, naruhina, narusaku, pairings, sasusaku


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.