Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Donations Tab

In the Navbar, why not add a Donations tab?

So basically, what this does is it enables users to donate towards the forum.

This could be useful for installing plugins that we need, making skins perhaps, and getting some cool plugins.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Donations Tab

That's a good idea, most large forums survive mainly on people giving donations to the owners to keep it going. Donators could get extra privileges like being able to post a blog for example. However, the donations could be based on a money set level (eg $5 = 3 months, $10 = 6 months, $15 = 9 months, $20 = 1 year) so people would have to keep donating a set amount to keep their privileges.
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Or something along the lines of, say, the more you donate, the more permanent privileges you get, such as a custom title, custom avatar, get the ability to see other's reputation, and a good view of you in the eyes of the mods.

However, this site is run by a major corporation, so I doubt this is all that necessary. Nevertheless, that doesn't make this a bad idea in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Yeah, the more you donate, the more you get. However, I don't think these privileges should be permanent, only temporary. What if the user stops donating and doesn't visit the site anymore? However, I agree that a custom title should be considered permanent if you donate, but some privileges should be removed like being able to see who gave reputation.

Since this forum is run by a corporation, this probably won't happen, but no harm in trying it out. Could be used to fund the server or something.
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sajuuk; 12-31-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I would pay for my own custom title~!

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Dr Salt
Apprentice Genin

Dr Salt has completed a tough C-rank mission!Dr Salt has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Pretty positive a corporate-funded forum can't accept donations, as they'd have to go through Viz itself.

For instance, someone sends the forum 20 dollars. Then they do something wrong on the forum thinking they're untouchable because they sent money. So they start complaining to Viz saying things like "I sent money for product I never received, I'm suing. Where are my season DVD's?"

Green admin comes along saying "Oh my god Nuh-uh, that was a donation." Offended banned person denies it, courts get involved if offended person is actually persistent enough to do so, court costs alone means that Viz loses more money than the 20 dollar donation, and Step 3 becomes loss of profit.

In the case of forums taking donations, it's usually private transfers between forumer and forum owner. Since the forum owner is a company and not a private party, nay.
Dr Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Not really on all counts for reasons that're mundane , but this is an interesting idea to potentially pursue in different ways.

For example - how would you feel about pooling some money and making contests a little more interesting? Or raising money for other things or causes, but have it operate within the forum in the same way as you described otherwise?
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

As in money is rewarded to victors of contests? Seems like it would make it more enticing if that's what you're aiming for.

As for fundraising, is that different from what I said?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
As in money is rewarded to victors of contests? Seems like it would make it more enticing if that's what you're aiming for.

As for fundraising, is that different from what I said?
It could be either money, or goods, or services, or getting money together to get more goods than we could give otherwise via getting a great deal on it, things like that. In general, people would be giving something of value and we'd pool it for contests and the like in any way everyone was ok with.

And ya, I think we've a different idea as to what we were raising funds for . The payout could still be the same as your idea in that it'd be forum features and goodies or whatever, but I meant something more akin to using the actual money potentially for charity or something else that worked if we're exploring our options with it.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 01-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

You could give away free manga or Naruto mugs.

That would be good too.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Manga.......yess....

i like t-shirts too~!

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Dr Salt
Apprentice Genin

Dr Salt has completed a tough C-rank mission!Dr Salt has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I didn't say they would have a case silly. But it would still be a large headache.

Especially since the 1st amendment has been spread to the internet.
Dr Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

A great drinking game to play if you're looking to stay sober -

- Drink every time someone correctly applies the first Amendment to absolutely anything on the internet (Current count 0)
- Drink every time someone even mentions the first Amendment online in a way that doesn't completely distort what it would mean to apply it (Happens once in a blue moon)
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 01-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Isn't the point of drinking games to get drunk?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Isn't the point of drinking games to get drunk?
/warns nearby plane of what just went completely over a nearby head
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 01-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

That's a low flying plane. D:
Old 01-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #17
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Not really on all counts for reasons that're mundane , but this is an interesting idea to potentially pursue in different ways.

For example - how would you feel about pooling some money and making contests a little more interesting? Or raising money for other things or causes, but have it operate within the forum in the same way as you described otherwise?
I feel like I barked up this tree the first time I ran the trivia contest.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote