Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #41
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: An open response to Heroking

Alright >.> well there could just be a big crack-down on BGers like TBC once did but I predict large sums of dupes
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #42
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
I'd still find it better than "lol proof of speedblitz?" >.>

It could be a separate section all together, victors won't get any special awards or anything, people may actually decide to pose an argument for the better. Personal insults = lose your case etc.
that would be terrible you know when you've won an argument I mean Sanin how many people have I obviously destroyed but have walked away claiming they've won out of butthurt? How many people have you ripped apart that have done the same?

arbitration wont solve anything..what will solve the problems is a mix of us taking it to the tards and you debaters continuing to shred said tards
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #43
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I'm sorry to everyone that was inconvenienced by all this, myself included , but I am glad Toma and everyone else remained level headed and spoke up enough about it that it didn't bring anyone's spirits down like some of these things have in the past. As others have already stated, these things always tend to be like 1-3 users posing as 20, whining about a problem which they can't seem to solve because it's them .

To remove any further ambiguity from future situations like these -

-Within the BG, if you detract from the site more than you contribute, you may be removed from the BG, the site, or both.

The above has always applied generally on the site as I've said many times in specific reference to the rules. Within the BG, however, since it's centered around debate and argument to begin with, if you thoroughly abuse that leeway on the line of flaming and whining, you can and will be let go. We'll wish you well in your academic and professional careers, but you won't be here to tell us about 'em in the future .

As to any potential changes to the BG to help mitigate this kind of thing and make it better, you're always welcome and encouraged to write up and submit 'em. Be mindful in doing so, however, that careful planning in the design of it is one that allows alot to go on with very little man hours to support it. This is doubly true when the man hours at times can turn into your 'thank you' for helping being hundreds of flaming PM poops from a single user posing as many on your door step .
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Srhyse ya bring up something I've been talking about for awhile now and that's the alt infestation.

i was brought up as a newb to see that is the lowest sumiest move a poster could make. Sock puppeting/duping/alting was considered a cardinal sin.

I'd ask for permission to just eradicate any Alt that steps out of line once without any clemency or forewarning in the BG's only if you think it will help stem the tide of BS
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #45
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Srhyse ya bring up something I've been talking about for awhile now and that's the alt infestation.

i was brought up as a newb to see that is the lowest sumiest move a poster could make. Sock puppeting/duping/alting was considered a cardinal sin.

I'd ask for permission to just eradicate any Alt that steps out of line once without any clemency or forewarning in the BG's only if you think it will help stem the tide of BS
IMO, Sock Puppetry/Multi Accounting/Dupes should be forbidden. Anyone making an alt should be banned (their alt permabanned and the main account given a ban). If people are trying to evade a ban, it means they are trying to cause trouble for the staff.

All the forums I've been on forbid users making duplicate accounts to evade a ban.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well professor, how bad you think the rate of alt infestation is? ANy estimations of possible?

Quote:
Moderators, WAtchdog is a diligent and dutiful man, you have my clear vouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kazekage View Post
IMO, Sock Puppetry/Multi Accounting/Dupes should be forbidden. Anyone making an alt should be banned (their alt permabanned and the main account given a ban). If people are trying to evade a ban, it means they are trying to cause trouble for the staff.
Well this is technically my 2nd alt account only because my original 321zigzag1 account doesn't work. And 2nd 321zigzag2 failed soon after.

Quote:
All the forums I've been on forbid users making duplicate accounts to evade a ban.
Vs forum lounge is hilarious because you can post as anonymous guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants620 View Post
It's one thing if they create an alt to try to repair their previous account due to freezes or technical issues (Like I had to, to try to get my Eagle125 account fixed).
And if the problem is resolved delete the alt.
For me been at this over a year but I never really tried minus nearly two years ago to get it fixed. I only tried once really.

So I cannot complain.

Quote:
However creating alts to get around a ban is plain inconsiderate and troublesome.
OBD had that occasional problem and vs lounge is just a different thing all together.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #47
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Well this is technically my 2nd alt account only because my original 321zigzag1 account doesn't work. And 2nd 321zigzag2 failed soon after.
Quote:
It's one thing if they create an alt to try to repair their previous account due to freezes or technical issues (Like I had to, to try to get my Eagle125 account fixed).
And if the problem is resolved delete the alt.

However creating alts to get around a ban is plain inconsiderate and troublesome.
I think in some cases, making a new account is needed if your account does stop working. But that should be the ONLY reason to make multiple accounts IMO. Accounts made for other reasons, such as ban evasion or inflating the number of registered users, shouldn't be allowed.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #48
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Accounts made for other reasons, such as ban evasion or inflating the number of registered users, shouldn't be allowed.
I agree with the bolded especially.

Grant Watchdog at least with some limited tryout, he will do it well.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #49
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

How can you tell whether or not a profile is an alt or not?

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #50
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well professor, how bad you think the rate of alt infestation is? ANy estimations of possible?
my aren't we in a sarcastic mood today? Oh I can think of a few, mind you what I consider stepping out of line..is more along the lines of what a vs debater would consider out of line and not a traditional mod..but all the same if accepted this request is all alts should be put on notice of course..the best way to act is blindly indiscriminate in ones enforcing the rules :LOS

being a neutral hard ass kinda eliminates ones ability to accuse said person of biased after all :maybe

Quote:

Moderators, WAtchdog is a diligent and dutiful man, you have my clear vouch.
one day..you may end up my section boss

Quote:

that sucks..why the hell does this happen?

Quote:

OBD had that occasional problem and vs lounge is just a different thing all together.
OBD likely has the worse dupe issue of any major league vs site..

CBr and SHC and KMC don't have that problem and Space Battles has the problem of the moderators creating dupes and pretending to be trolls for the lulz
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
posters have unique writing styles..or debate styles they use, certain quirks and mannerisms that translate online. An experience debater can spot these traits...so I would imagine if it's easy for regulars to call dupes dobvious..it should be easy for the staff..dontcha think?

we can also see your IP adresses and stuff but considering there are ways to get around that is better to rely on your ability to sniff out a dupe by his style

Quote:

if your account freezes (I'm lucky I guess because this has never happened to me and hopefully never will) or other technical screw ups I sorta see the point. But ban evasion is unforgivable I agree

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 01-26-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #51
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via MSN to Danielle Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
IP addresses sometimes.

Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #52
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I agree with the bolded especially.

Grant Watchdog at least with some limited tryout, he will do it well.
I'll be dogmatic in my approach to this..at the very least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
IP addresses sometimes.
ehh proxy's make it hard

it's better to watch their posting style..personality bleeds out allot of the internet and you become familiar with people
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #53
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:

one day..you may end up my section boss
*drums his fingers*

Quote:
that sucks..why the hell does this happen?
One day in late May 2010.

Dudemeister and few others were the first ones to experience this problem.

When he logged on he got redirected to another VIZ main site.

His problem disappeared a week later as most did. But for very few or including me. It just continued so I gave up and made 321zigzag2 and appealed for help. Apparently I was promised to help but they didn't know what to do or something like that? Then that account had the redirectional problem.

This one thankfully didn't. [SHikamaru] believes its a mod playing around with my account well for his original thats what occured apparently.

Quote:
CBr and SHC and KMC don't have that problem and Space Battles has the problem of the moderators creating dupes and pretending to be trolls for the lulz
MF doesn't either?

Moderators trolling. Well I guess that could be in a sense worse than having no mods in vs forum. Oh well who knows.

Quote:
posters have unique writing styles..or debate styles they use, certain quirks and mannerisms that translate online. An experience debater can spot these traits...so I would imagine if it's easy for regulars to call dupes dobvious..it should be easy for the staff..dontcha think?
Oh yeah most aren't too hard to figure out then or even now.

Quote:
we can also see your IP adresses and stuff but considering there are ways to get around that is better to rely on your ability to sniff out a dupe by his style
That Nagato > Naruto poster I told you about, he got around because his IP apparently resets itself or some crap.

Quote:
I'll be dogmatic in my approach to this..at the very least
Caution though just like when we debate. Debating soley in a singleverse matchup vs multiverse requires a bit different approaches at many times.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

MF has no dupes because the Staff besides two mods..are a bunch of hypersensative morons..who allow raging narutards and subhuman Otaku filth to infest their forum - trolls have free reign

and they consider anyone with an aggressive or cold analyst debate style to be a public health menace responsible for multiple attempted suicides.

The staff are with said exceptions idiotic cowards and clowns who would rather have a thousand posters like Herokings (he's got the consistency of the average Arena and Naruto vs section poster) then a good team of regs and other debaters.

People like Vashe, Green Shikamaru and Wooster would be considered bad guys over there..and I'm considered a quasi satanic force of evil that destroys peoples sanity..for some reason.

in short..the sites problem is that it's run by clueless idiots and fantards and really nothing short of a mass promotion of Arena regs to Admin would save that site

As opposed to Sb who have vs debate mods who have been modding since the late 90's and are bored out of their skulls so they create their own dupes of massive fantards of fictions that site doesn't like..just to enrage the members and get them into unified multi page debates

not very professional..but then again SB is a relic of vs debatings ancient past and no longer very relevant they're all senile basically
Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #55
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
and they consider anyone with an aggressive or cold analyst debate style to be a public health menace responsible for multiple attempted suicides.
I hope they don't mean that literally.

Quote:
People like Vashe, Green Shikamaru and Wooster would be considered bad guys over there..and I'm considered a quasi satanic force of evil that destroys peoples sanity..for some reason.
Bracket Shikamaru would be disliked there quite much then.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #56
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

well a couple people claimed to take a knife to their wrists because we proved Sasuke couldn't beat Zeus from Greek mythology

but it was a complete lie and every one knew it certain elements of the staff however latched onto it and used it as a rallying cry to screw over arena members they happened to dislike.

it wasn't like the KY fiasco on NF where she sent pictures of herself burning herself with an iron because someone negged a stupid post she made..or any of the other really insane mentally unbalance crap she did because people negged her or disagreed with her opinions

mind you since two arena regs got promoted to mod..things have relaxed somewhat but I doubt they can do much without coming under fire from the PC debate brigade

those people wanna turn vs debating into an episode of sesame street

edit- lol Brackets wouldn't last a week Dandy would insult him until he exploded then he'd get a year long ban from the arena for being "a meanie"
Old 01-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #57
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
I'm surprised you can say that since the BG lockdown was only a few months ago, and it wasn't exactly brimming with life then either. It only takes 1 "I'm right, you're wrong" troll to make the BG's a miserable place to be. And god forbid any of the kids who visit the BG and get all butthurt over another users PoV or a user pointing out the flaws in their argument, granted the butthurt party even made an argument that was more than 1 line long and wasn't just "Neji wins".
My fault I actually forgot about this thread. Anyways the section has been like that for a minute. You can layer it with more rules but the result will come about again. Not saying it's right. But people will be people. Best thing you can tell them is stfu or threaten to ban them like you are doing. That being said I will be probably one the first to go.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #58
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
well a couple people claimed to take a knife to their wrists because we proved Sasuke couldn't beat Zeus from Greek mythology

but it was a complete lie and every one knew it certain elements of the staff however latched onto it and used it as a rallying cry to screw over arena members they happened to dislike.
Why would you knife yourself in the first place because of that?

Quote:
it wasn't like the KY fiasco on NF where she sent pictures of herself burning herself with an iron because someone negged a stupid post she made..or any of the other really insane mentally unbalance crap she did because people negged her or disagreed with her opinions
So KY did really do it. Freaky.

I don't really know the situation behind it though.

Quote:
mind you since two arena regs got promoted to mod..things have relaxed somewhat but I doubt they can do much without coming under fire from the PC debate brigade
Hmmmm.

Quote:
those people wanna turn vs debating into an episode of sesame street
Hey I liked Sesame Street.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #59
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
I think Heroeking is back under an alt....
What's the name of the alt?

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Why would you knife yourself in the first place because of that?[
because people are that stupid

Quote:

So KY did really do it. Freaky.

I don't really know the situation behind it though.
she's just absolutely crazy from what I understand the mods banned her until she could show proof she was getting medication and therapy

@ Giants we'll look into it