Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

OK so I hear a lot about how people hate the English dub and I want to know why?

I mean I hear things like the English dub sucks because they take stuff out, well go and get the uncut box set, they have all the blood, all the cursing and they say the exact same things as in the Japanese version.

some people say it's because they say the names wrong, listen I've listened to the Japanese version and they say the names the exact same way as in the English version so all this about you say it (Nuh- Root- Oh) not (N-are-ru-toe) stuff. I just don't know where you're getting it from. they are not saying the names wrong because in the Japanese version they say it the exact same way. Is is something about the suffix? are you upset because they don't say chan, kun and san is that it?

Now if you like the way it sound in Japanese better then OK, if you don't like English voices OK, but personally I could careless, as Naruto rasengan's the guy in the end like he's supposed to I don't care what his voice sound like. And personally I think it takes away from my enjoyment of watching the show when you constantly have to pause it so you can figure out what they are saying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
e710
Special Jonin Candidate

e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
OK so I hear a lot about how people hate the English dub and I want to know why?

I mean I hear things like the English dub sucks because they take stuff out, well go and get the uncut box set, they have all the blood, all the cursing and they say the exact same things as in the Japanese version.

some people say it's because they say the names wrong, listen I've listened to the Japanese version and they say the names the exact same way as in the English version so all this about you say it (Nuh- Root- Oh) not (N-are-ru-toe) stuff. I just don't know where you're getting it from. they are not saying the names wrong because in the Japanese version they say it the exact same way. Is is something about the suffix? are you upset because they don't say chan, kun and san is that it?

Now if you like the way it sound in Japanese better then OK, if you don't like English voices OK, but personally I could careless, as Naruto rasengan's the guy in the end like he's supposed to I don't care what his voice sound like. And personally I think it takes away from my enjoyment of watching the show when you constantly have to pause it so you can figure out what they are saying.
Someone mad they can't read fast.
e710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

They're just more used to watching the subbed versions. Really it just depends on which one you watched first.

Personally I liked Naruto's voice in the dub but I never heard his voice in the subbed versions and a lot of people say that Naruto's english voice is gay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Moon
Special Jonin Candidate

Moon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Moon has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Spoiler:

Quote:

My advice, read faster to just watch the anime not care about the words

Anywho most people are just used to subs or like subtitles more than just hearing the words.The suffixes are fun to have, don't know exactly why I just like them. I started out watching the dubbed but moved to subbed because it sounded better ,and the subbed voices "fit" better to the characters, to me at least.
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Utsusemi
Chunin

Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!

It doesnt really matter, it all comes down to what you prefer. I began with the english dub and i couldn't stand the japanese version. But when the dubs were taking longer and i wanted more of the story i forced myself to watch sub (cause they're way ahead) and now i enjoy it more than dub. When the dubs come out i will probably watch them, to pass time for subs getting made and also so i can give my eyes a break. I dont pause to catch up to what they're saying ^^^ i agree with him, just read faster, its not hard really. The japanese language have more "syllables" to pronounce so there is enough time to read. Also, hearing the voices of the dub after watching sub so much, they do sound a bit ridiculous.. they just sound like typical americans reallly, but i dont mind. i cant complain. But in the end if i were to choose i would choose subs. And as for the language and the sempai, kun sama whatever, i dont find it important, i dont recognise it most of the time, maybe people are just finding excuses and differences to justify why
they hate it cause there's nothing else to bag it on.
Utsusemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover

Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsusemi View Post
I began with the english dub and i couldn't stand the japanese version. But when the dubs were taking longer and i wanted more of the story i forced myself to watch sub (cause they're way ahead) and now i enjoy it more than dub.
Same here.
Schnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e710 View Post
Someone mad they can't read fast.
Actually after watching it for a while I can read them just fine except for when they decide to flash a subtitle for literally one second so then I have no choice but to pause it, but I don't like reading them. I can pay attention to subtitles and the show at the same time it still takes the enjoyment away from me.

I just don't understand why people hate English dub so much.

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover

Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Actually after watching it for a while I can read them just fine except for when they decide to flash a subtitle for literally one second so then I have no choice but to pause it, but I don't like reading them. I can pay attention to subtitles and the show at the same time it still takes the enjoyment away from me.

I just don't understand why people hate English dub so much.
I've never seen them "flash" a subtitle.
Schnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #9
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnarfTacular View Post
I've never seen them "flash" a subtitle.
Oh it's happened and I can't stand when they do because the I have to constantly rewind it and pause it to even try and catch the darn thing.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Utsusemi
Chunin

Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!

the only time ive ever seen them "flash" a subtitle is when its been one word like "what" or something like that.. but never anything too complicated .... its up to you really.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #11
madminatofan123
Freshmen Academy Student

madminatofan123 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i like english sub it better
madminatofan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
roullex uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

roullex uchiha saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:

The reason why i don't like it its because the take out certain stuff from it.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Usually, the english voices are pretty annoying, and I watched dubbed first.

I like subbed because the voices were the way they were meant to sound like.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101
Freshmen Academy Student

Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Maybe People don't like how their voices are different like in the Japanese version Naruto is voiced by a guy and in the English he is voiced by a girl so that might upset some ppl and ya it really just depends on which one you are used too reallly
Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant

Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101 View Post
Maybe People don't like how their voices are different like in the Japanese version Naruto is voiced by a guy and in the English he is voiced by a girl so that might upset some ppl and ya it really just depends on which one you are used too reallly
Naruto's voice is done by Maile Flanagan in English and Junko Takeuchi in Japanese. They are BOTH female.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Utsusemi
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
Naruto's voice is done by Maile Flanagan in English and Junko Takeuchi in Japanese. They are BOTH female.

wholleey !?! well ya learn something new every day...
Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by roullex uchiha View Post
The reason why i don't like it its because the take out certain stuff from it.
I have three words for you uncut box set

Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Tenz
Genin

Tenz saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

People are used to reading the subtitles, I guess it's like reading manga. Some say the voice sounds better in hapaneses but I don't really see a difference
Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #19
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I don't really care for the dub voices.

YouTube:
src="
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
Tenz
Genin

Tenz saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Japanese^^^^^^

Tags
english dubbed, hate, naruto, why?