Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hotarubi Hyuuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Universe
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 7
Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

OK so I hear a lot about how people hate the English dub and I want to know why?

I mean I hear things like the English dub sucks because they take stuff out, well go and get the uncut box set, they have all the blood, all the cursing and they say the exact same things as in the Japanese version.

some people say it's because they say the names wrong, listen I've listened to the Japanese version and they say the names the exact same way as in the English version so all this about you say it (Nuh- Root- Oh) not (N-are-ru-toe) stuff. I just don't know where you're getting it from. they are not saying the names wrong because in the Japanese version they say it the exact same way. Is is something about the suffix? are you upset because they don't say chan, kun and san is that it?

Now if you like the way it sound in Japanese better then OK, if you don't like English voices OK, but personally I could careless, as Naruto rasengan's the guy in the end like he's supposed to I don't care what his voice sound like. And personally I think it takes away from my enjoyment of watching the show when you constantly have to pause it so you can figure out what they are saying.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!


"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
e710
Special Jonin Candidate
 
e710's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Red Half of the San Siro, with Balotelli
Posts: 2,306
Rep Power: 12
e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
OK so I hear a lot about how people hate the English dub and I want to know why?

I mean I hear things like the English dub sucks because they take stuff out, well go and get the uncut box set, they have all the blood, all the cursing and they say the exact same things as in the Japanese version.

some people say it's because they say the names wrong, listen I've listened to the Japanese version and they say the names the exact same way as in the English version so all this about you say it (Nuh- Root- Oh) not (N-are-ru-toe) stuff. I just don't know where you're getting it from. they are not saying the names wrong because in the Japanese version they say it the exact same way. Is is something about the suffix? are you upset because they don't say chan, kun and san is that it?

Now if you like the way it sound in Japanese better then OK, if you don't like English voices OK, but personally I could careless, as Naruto rasengan's the guy in the end like he's supposed to I don't care what his voice sound like. And personally I think it takes away from my enjoyment of watching the show when you constantly have to pause it so you can figure out what they are saying.
Someone mad they can't read fast.
e710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
megabbaut
Debby Downer
 
megabbaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dish town...filled with fish
Posts: 8,800
Rep Power: 0
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

They're just more used to watching the subbed versions. Really it just depends on which one you watched first.

Personally I liked Naruto's voice in the dub but I never heard his voice in the subbed versions and a lot of people say that Naruto's english voice is gay.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Moon
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Moon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,806
Rep Power: 11
Moon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Moon has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
OK so I hear a lot about how people hate the English dub and I want to know why?

I mean I hear things like the English dub sucks because they take stuff out, well go and get the uncut box set, they have all the blood, all the cursing and they say the exact same things as in the Japanese version.

some people say it's because they say the names wrong, listen I've listened to the Japanese version and they say the names the exact same way as in the English version so all this about you say it (Nuh- Root- Oh) not (N-are-ru-toe) stuff. I just don't know where you're getting it from. they are not saying the names wrong because in the Japanese version they say it the exact same way. Is is something about the suffix? are you upset because they don't say chan, kun and san is that it?

Now if you like the way it sound in Japanese better then OK, if you don't like English voices OK, but personally I could careless, as Naruto rasengan's the guy in the end like he's supposed to I don't care what his voice sound like. And personally I think it takes away from my enjoyment of watching the show when you constantly have to pause it so you can figure out what they are saying.
My advice, read faster to just watch the anime not care about the words

Anywho most people are just used to subs or like subtitles more than just hearing the words.The suffixes are fun to have, don't know exactly why I just like them. I started out watching the dubbed but moved to subbed because it sounded better ,and the subbed voices "fit" better to the characters, to me at least.
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Utsusemi
Chunin
 
Utsusemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Akatsuki hideout..
Posts: 997
Rep Power: 5
Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

It doesnt really matter, it all comes down to what you prefer. I began with the english dub and i couldn't stand the japanese version. But when the dubs were taking longer and i wanted more of the story i forced myself to watch sub (cause they're way ahead) and now i enjoy it more than dub. When the dubs come out i will probably watch them, to pass time for subs getting made and also so i can give my eyes a break. I dont pause to catch up to what they're saying ^^^ i agree with him, just read faster, its not hard really. The japanese language have more "syllables" to pronounce so there is enough time to read. Also, hearing the voices of the dub after watching sub so much, they do sound a bit ridiculous.. they just sound like typical americans reallly, but i dont mind. i cant complain. But in the end if i were to choose i would choose subs. And as for the language and the sempai, kun sama whatever, i dont find it important, i dont recognise it most of the time, maybe people are just finding excuses and differences to justify why
they hate it cause there's nothing else to bag it on.
Utsusemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,626
Rep Power: 14
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsusemi View Post
I began with the english dub and i couldn't stand the japanese version. But when the dubs were taking longer and i wanted more of the story i forced myself to watch sub (cause they're way ahead) and now i enjoy it more than dub.
Same here.
Schnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hotarubi Hyuuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Universe
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 7
Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e710 View Post
Someone mad they can't read fast.
Actually after watching it for a while I can read them just fine except for when they decide to flash a subtitle for literally one second so then I have no choice but to pause it, but I don't like reading them. I can pay attention to subtitles and the show at the same time it still takes the enjoyment away from me.

I just don't understand why people hate English dub so much.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!


"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,626
Rep Power: 14
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
Actually after watching it for a while I can read them just fine except for when they decide to flash a subtitle for literally one second so then I have no choice but to pause it, but I don't like reading them. I can pay attention to subtitles and the show at the same time it still takes the enjoyment away from me.

I just don't understand why people hate English dub so much.
I've never seen them "flash" a subtitle.
Schnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #9
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hotarubi Hyuuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Universe
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 7
Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnarfTacular View Post
I've never seen them "flash" a subtitle.
Oh it's happened and I can't stand when they do because the I have to constantly rewind it and pause it to even try and catch the darn thing.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!


"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Utsusemi
Chunin
 
Utsusemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Akatsuki hideout..
Posts: 997
Rep Power: 5
Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

the only time ive ever seen them "flash" a subtitle is when its been one word like "what" or something like that.. but never anything too complicated .... its up to you really.
Utsusemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #11
madminatofan123
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
madminatofan123 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

i like english sub it better
madminatofan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
roullex uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant
 
roullex uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 764
Rep Power: 5
roullex uchiha saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
OK so I hear a lot about how people hate the English dub and I want to know why?

I mean I hear things like the English dub sucks because they take stuff out, well go and get the uncut box set, they have all the blood, all the cursing and they say the exact same things as in the Japanese version.

some people say it's because they say the names wrong, listen I've listened to the Japanese version and they say the names the exact same way as in the English version so all this about you say it (Nuh- Root- Oh) not (N-are-ru-toe) stuff. I just don't know where you're getting it from. they are not saying the names wrong because in the Japanese version they say it the exact same way. Is is something about the suffix? are you upset because they don't say chan, kun and san is that it?

Now if you like the way it sound in Japanese better then OK, if you don't like English voices OK, but personally I could careless, as Naruto rasengan's the guy in the end like he's supposed to I don't care what his voice sound like. And personally I think it takes away from my enjoyment of watching the show when you constantly have to pause it so you can figure out what they are saying.
The reason why i don't like it its because the take out certain stuff from it.
__________________
Sage Art:Super Giant Rasengan!
roullex uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan
 
BoxHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Land of Eagles and Apple Pie
Posts: 10,116
Rep Power: 29
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Usually, the english voices are pretty annoying, and I watched dubbed first.

I like subbed because the voices were the way they were meant to sound like.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Narutovers
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 5
Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Maybe People don't like how their voices are different like in the Japanese version Naruto is voiced by a guy and in the English he is voiced by a girl so that might upset some ppl and ya it really just depends on which one you are used too reallly
Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Biggs Darklighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 757
Rep Power: 9
Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101 View Post
Maybe People don't like how their voices are different like in the Japanese version Naruto is voiced by a guy and in the English he is voiced by a girl so that might upset some ppl and ya it really just depends on which one you are used too reallly
Naruto's voice is done by Maile Flanagan in English and Junko Takeuchi in Japanese. They are BOTH female.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Utsusemi
Chunin
 
Utsusemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Akatsuki hideout..
Posts: 997
Rep Power: 5
Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!Utsusemi has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
Naruto's voice is done by Maile Flanagan in English and Junko Takeuchi in Japanese. They are BOTH female.

wholleey !?! well ya learn something new every day...
Utsusemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hotarubi Hyuuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Universe
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 7
Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roullex uchiha View Post
The reason why i don't like it its because the take out certain stuff from it.
I have three words for you uncut box set
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!


"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Tenz
Genin
 
Tenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 255
Rep Power: 5
Tenz saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

People are used to reading the subtitles, I guess it's like reading manga. Some say the voice sounds better in hapaneses but I don't really see a difference
__________________
PSN: LoVeDSoLDiieR
------------------------
Tenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #19
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin
 
Maikeru D. Shinigami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Funhouse
Posts: 44,852
Rep Power: 55
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

I don't really care for the dub voices.
__________________
"The closer you get to the light, the darker your shadow becomes."

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
Tenz
Genin
 
Tenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 255
Rep Power: 5
Tenz saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Why do people hate English dub so much, no really why?

Japanese^^^^^^
__________________
PSN: LoVeDSoLDiieR
------------------------
Tenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
english dubbed, hate, naruto, why?


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.