Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: Who will win
Madara 12 70.59%
Nagato 4 23.53%
Both die 0 0%
Both tie but live 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #41
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Nagato vs Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dark View Post
First can you prove it can't besides just mouthing off, no didn't think so.
Fortuitously(I love that word) I don't have to prove it. You're the one saying Shinra Tensei can block it, so you're the one who has to do the proving. If you can't, then you're wrong. Simple as.

Quote:
Secondly it doesn't need to be "your" proof just facts.
You haven't provided any of those either.

Quote:
Finally I have more sense when I first wake up than you on your best day.
Case in point.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #42
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Wild Dark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality View Post
Fortuitously(I love that word) I don't have to prove it. You're the one saying Shinra Tensei can block it, so you're the one who has to do the proving. If you can't, then you're wrong. Simple as.

You haven't provided any of those either.

Case in point.
First as we have already seen he can hold the shira tensei for quite a while so using it before the force of impact yes he can survive. You all seem to be under the impression that once he used it he would only hold it 2 or 3 seconds be realistic. Secondly if you counting on weight being the factor put that to bed to because the part of the meteor that would touch the barrier would be destroyed so there for the weight over him would decrease and by the time he has to let the jutsu go hie blast enough through the rock with asura's laser and missiles to shatter it.

And sadly when i wake up, through the day an when I go to bed i still have more sense than you.
Wild Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

So you're wrong. Good to know. Good to know.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Next to this one your just looking at what would happen after the initial impact but hitting the point of entry with missiles in one concentrated area first then then firing the laser would change that since part of the entry had already been made.

Next it's already been proven that before you reach the middle of a solid object it will shatter so once again yes he can destroy the meteor.
I thought we were talking about lasers, so now it is missiles? Interesting.

See thing with missiles is the explode. The trajectory is in all directions. Asura's missile attacks are weak. As I said 10 m blast at most, so you make a small divet in the meteor. Oh but wait, we are suppose to scale up the power without any feats. So 100 m blast area, a pot hole in the metoer. Now the laser, same as I said before. The meteor above. Nagato below. The laser can only go up and parallel to the path of the metoer. It doesn't split up.

I would like the proof of that. But lets try a though experiment. Take a boulder. Get a long, needle sized drill( about the relative size of Nagato's laser to the meteor.) Poke in half way through the boulder. What happens to the boulder? It doesn't give a rat's ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #45
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Quote:
So you're wrong. Good to know. Good to know.
I think this is the part where you go play in your fantasy world now.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #46
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

No, I think I'll stay here and enjoy being right.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #47
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I thought we were talking about lasers, so now it is missiles? Interesting.

See thing with missiles is the explode. The trajectory is in all directions. Asura's missile attacks are weak. As I said 10 m blast at most, so you make a small divet in the meteor. Oh but wait, we are suppose to scale up the power without any feats. So 100 m blast area, a pot hole in the metoer. Now the laser, same as I said before. The meteor above. Nagato below. The laser can only go up and parallel to the path of the metoer. It doesn't split up.

I would like the proof of that. But lets try a though experiment. Take a boulder. Get a long, needle sized drill( about the relative size of Nagato's laser to the meteor.) Poke in half way through the boulder. What happens to the boulder? It doesn't give a rat's ass.
Funny you should mention that because we did to see if what would happened to the mass of a boulder once we punctured it and guess what it shattered long before we were able to reach the middle.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #48
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Quote:
No, I think I'll stay here and enjoy being right.
Oh then your having a terrible time since you know you're not.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #49
Kingsnoke
assumed the position
and got to the party. TWICE!
Sage of Ice Water

Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Kingsnoke thinks Wooster doesn't have enough spiral power. Kingsnoke believes that Wooster's Drill is the Drill that will pierce the heavens.

Quote:
Secondly if you counting on weight being the factor put that to bed to because the part of the meteor that would touch the barrier would be destroyed so there for the weight over him would decrease and by the time he has to let the jutsu go hie blast enough through the rock with asura's laser and missiles to shatter it.
Kingsnoke was not aware of Shinra Tensei's disintegration properties. Even if the meteor were to break apart(which is wouldn't), Nagato would then have a meteor's worth of very large rocks that weigh the same as the meteor in question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kingsnoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #50
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I like how everyone is forgetting that Nagato can just trap each meteor in a Chibaku Tensei.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #51
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Quote:
Funny you should mention that because we did to see if what would happened to the mass of a boulder once we punctured it and guess what it shattered long before we were able to reach the middle.
And you can substantiate(I didn't even have to use a thesaurus for that one.) this claim, can't you?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #52
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

What was it made out of limestone? glass?

A standard rock will not shatter, just like a metal will not shatter. You can drill all the way through it and it's interguity will not be disrupted. It's a good think because how else would you machine anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
I like how everyone is forgetting that Nagato can just trap each meteor in a Chibaku Tensei.
At best CT comes along for the ride with the meteor. Funny thing about momentum and all that.

Even if it doesn't. Madara just drops another one. Dr Salt and I already went over this.

Last edited by Wooster; 01-22-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #53
Towerworld
Genin

Towerworld is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

CT could pretty easily slow the meteor, but stop it? nope. But the CST that wiped konoha off the map would pretty easily pulverize it. However, madara seems to have a higher reaction time and would beat nagato after he strains himself with his CST.
Towerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #54
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Quote:
What was it made out of limestone? glass?

A standard rock will not shatter, just like a metal will not shatter. You can drill all the way through it and it's interguity will not be disrupted. It's a good think because how else would you machine anything?

At best CT comes along for the ride with the meteor. Funny thing about momentum and all that.

Even if it doesn't. Madara just drops another one. Dr Salt and I already went over this.
Looks like I'll have to go through the entire process

First we were asked to pick an object with enough mass and density, we all decided a boulder would be alright. The experiment was to see if a drill was powerful enough to split a boulder in half.

The rock was divided into 5 phases, the outer layer where we would start the drill phase 1, the area half way between the outer layer and the middle of the boulder phase 2, the middle of the boulder phase3, between the middle and outer layer to the other side phase 4 and the outer layer phase 5.

The drill was able to pierce phase 1 but as it made it made it's way to phase two we began to see the cracks develop in the surface of the boulder and as we passed into phase two they began to spread. Before we could get pass phase 2 the cracks in the surface began to connect and parts of the boulder began to fall away reducing it's size. Before we made it to the half way point between phase 2 and 3 almost all the cracks on the boulder had connected causing many both small and large parts to fall away.

In the end we concluded that a drill with enough power would not split the boulder in half but cause it to fall apart.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #55
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

A fancy bit of fast talking, but totally unsubstantiated(I think I have a new favorite word)
Old 01-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #56
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

That is the thing enough power, but now spinning fast enough. All the force stopped drilling and went into transverse motion i.e. when the drill stopped drilling it started pounding. A laser will not work that way. IF it can vaporize the rock, it will no matter how slow it takes.

Regardless, no doubt your drill was much thicker than a needle or it would have snapped.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #57
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Quote:
A fancy bit of fast talking, but totally unsubstantiated(I think I have a new favorite word)
I think we found the one who sat in the back of the class.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #58
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towerworld View Post
CT could pretty easily slow the meteor, but stop it? nope. But the CST that wiped konoha off the map would pretty easily pulverize it. However, madara seems to have a higher reaction time and would beat nagato after he strains himself with his CST.
Are you sure? Don't underestimate CT. I don't think a meteor would stand a chance against the overwhelming gravity and pressure that CT presents. It was even able to pull in KN6 rather easily, and KN6 was the one that was able to break through ST with pure and sheer force.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #59
Wild Dark
Academy Graduate

Quote:
That is the thing enough power, but now spinning fast enough. All the force stopped drilling and went into transverse motion i.e. when the drill stopped drilling it started pounding. A laser will not work that way. IF it can vaporize the rock, it will no matter how slow it takes.

Regardless, no doubt your drill was much thicker than a needle or it would have snapped.
Once again you were the one who bought the drill into this and of course it would be thicker than a needle it wouldn't have been able to travel far enough if it wasn't

Point being that when the laser hits it wouldn't need to travel far because the vibrations would cause the meteor to fall apart

So I take back the splitting it in half and replace with shira tensei breaking apart the falling debris that would crash on top and expanding the move to push the debris away.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #60
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Basically, you've spent this entire thread just saying alot of words without any actual evidence to back it up. I can use words too. Transcendental. There see?

Some sort of documentary evidence to prove you're not just making stuff up to support your wank is required. Otherwise, you lose. Not that I think you will post any evidence, because it's pretty obvious that you're a troll, but...

Tags
fight, madara, nagato, naruto, versus, win