Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
narutohokagek
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
narutohokagek is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Exclamation Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Hey all,

I'm very new to this forum (I just signed up, actually) and there's only one reason why I did: to get some info!
I've been watching Naruto online for sometime now, and I absolutely adore it. However, I've realized that there are no english dubbed episodes past 112 in shippuden...and I'm worried. I realize that there are other posts like this one, but I just want to make my own so I can get the answers effectively without having to sift through pages of unrelated conversations :P

My concern is whether or not the dubbed episodes were cancelled? I sincerely hope not, since I cannot stand subbed versions. Nothing against japanese, but I've become attached to the voices in the english dubbed episodes. I really don't want to watch episodes that have completely different voices (I know it's silly, but the voices help make the character. Imagine my horror when the cast gets changed here and there ). I'm also not a manga reader.

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG! Hahaha. I just want to know what you guys know. I did read somewhere that more dubbed episodes are being released in April? Is this true? Please let it not be a false hope!

Again, sorry for posting a topic that has already been discussed. I just want to get information as fast as possible since I'm kind of stressing out.
narutohokagek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Yes, it's true that Disney XD is no longer airing Naruto Shippuden, but you can still watch the dub via iTunes and the DVD Box Sets.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
narutohokagek
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
narutohokagek is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Yes, it's true that Disney XD is no longer airing Naruto Shippuden, but you can still watch the dub via iTunes and the DVD Box Sets.
Oh, okay! I'd rather that anyway :P so there will still be new english dubbed episodes coming in the future?
narutohokagek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutohokagek View Post
Oh, okay! I'd rather that anyway :P so there will still be new english dubbed episodes coming in the future?
Yes, Episodes 113-126 in April 2012, via Box Set 10.

iTunes might release those episodes earlier than April though.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
narutohokagek
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
narutohokagek is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Yes, Episodes 113-126 in April 2012, via Box Set 10.

iTunes might release those episodes earlier than April though.
Excellent! Thanks for replying...I know you're probably sick of repeating yourself :P haha
narutohokagek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutohokagek View Post
Excellent! Thanks for replying...I know you're probably sick of repeating yourself :P haha
You're welcome, and I never get tired of helping people out.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #7
narutohokagek
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
narutohokagek is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
You're welcome, and I never get tired of helping people out.
Well that's awesome! Thanks again :P
narutohokagek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant
 
RobbieMar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
Posts: 781
Rep Power: 11
RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutohokagek View Post
Hey all,

I'm very new to this forum (I just signed up, actually) and there's only one reason why I did: to get some info!
I've been watching Naruto online for sometime now, and I absolutely adore it. However, I've realized that there are no english dubbed episodes past 112 in shippuden...and I'm worried. I realize that there are other posts like this one, but I just want to make my own so I can get the answers effectively without having to sift through pages of unrelated conversations :P

My concern is whether or not the dubbed episodes were cancelled? I sincerely hope not, since I cannot stand subbed versions. Nothing against japanese, but I've become attached to the voices in the english dubbed episodes. I really don't want to watch episodes that have completely different voices (I know it's silly, but the voices help make the character. Imagine my horror when the cast gets changed here and there ). I'm also not a manga reader.

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG! Hahaha. I just want to know what you guys know. I did read somewhere that more dubbed episodes are being released in April? Is this true? Please let it not be a false hope!

Again, sorry for posting a topic that has already been discussed. I just want to get information as fast as possible since I'm kind of stressing out.
This will also help your concerns!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/121/1215387p1.html
__________________
1) "Who's that?......Is that me?......Yes it's me......Me wanting to be needed by someone......Why?.......Why did I want that?......Why did I yearn for that?......"
::Gaara::

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Marcus123
Apprentice Genin
 
Marcus123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
Rep Power: 5
Marcus123 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Its good they are going to keep doing dubbed versions. I would say Disney xD and cartoon network stopped showing the episodes for one resign they take to long to dub them into english.
Marcus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus123 View Post
Its good they are going to keep doing dubbed versions. I would say Disney xD and cartoon network stopped showing the episodes for one resign they take to long to dub them into english.
Resign = Reason? But yea, iTunes and the DVDs have always been ahead of Cartoon Network and Disney XD.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant
 
RobbieMar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
Posts: 781
Rep Power: 11
RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Resign = Reason? But yea, iTunes and the DVDs have always been ahead of Cartoon Network and Disney XD.

Well not Cartoon Network, exactly. Because Cartoon Network had their episodes on TV before it all came to box sets and the digital market. EXCEPT for box set 16. Box set 16 arrived, after the show got canceled on Cartoon Network.
__________________
1) "Who's that?......Is that me?......Yes it's me......Me wanting to be needed by someone......Why?.......Why did I want that?......Why did I yearn for that?......"
::Gaara::

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
leafninjasteph
Genin
 
leafninjasteph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fareham,Hampshire,UK
Posts: 364
Rep Power: 10
leafninjasteph is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

I don't really see why people are so concerned just cos it's not showing on DXD. In the UK hardly any anime is on TV, but that doesn't mean they don't sell it. Naruto has a massive fan base across the world so I don't think they would stop dubbing it on the count of DXD.
leafninjasteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
Well not Cartoon Network, exactly. Because Cartoon Network had their episodes on TV before it all came to box sets and the digital market. EXCEPT for box set 16. Box set 16 arrived, after the show got canceled on Cartoon Network.
Oh? I did not know, huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafninjasteph View Post
I don't really see why people are so concerned just cos it's not showing on DXD. In the UK hardly any anime is on TV, but that doesn't mean they don't sell it. Naruto has a massive fan base across the world so I don't think they would stop dubbing it on the count of DXD.
Exactly, as long as the iTunes and DVD sales are good, the dubbing will never stop.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant
 
RobbieMar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
Posts: 781
Rep Power: 11
RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Oh? I did not know, huh...



Exactly, as long as the iTunes and DVD sales are good, the dubbing will never stop.
Lets just hope so....Because not every Naruto fan has money, where as most of them have access to TVs and cable.
__________________
1) "Who's that?......Is that me?......Yes it's me......Me wanting to be needed by someone......Why?.......Why did I want that?......Why did I yearn for that?......"
::Gaara::

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
Lets just hope so....Because not every Naruto fan has money, where as most of them have access to TVs and cable.
We will always have the japanese audio with English subtitles version to fall back on, if the english dub did truly get canceled.

(Which I doubt will happen, naruto's too popular in the usa)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant
 
RobbieMar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
Posts: 781
Rep Power: 11
RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
We will always have the japanese audio with English subtitles version to fall back on, if the english dub did truly get canceled.

(Which I doubt will happen, naruto's too popular in the usa)
Well, I hope that NEVER happens....It might just be the end of Naruto for me.....v_v......I just cant stand the sub voices, plus they are not the ones who I have grown to love!
__________________
1) "Who's that?......Is that me?......Yes it's me......Me wanting to be needed by someone......Why?.......Why did I want that?......Why did I yearn for that?......"
::Gaara::

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
Well, I hope that NEVER happens....It might just be the end of Naruto for me.....v_v......I just cant stand the sub voices, plus they are not the ones who I have grown to love!
Same here RobbieMar1, but I would be able to tolerate it if there was no dub.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
loganace
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,409
Rep Power: 8
loganace is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.loganace is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.loganace is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.loganace is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.loganace is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

I watch Subbed.....
I even used to watch dubbed, I got used to it. But I understand if your really are attached to the voices. I stopped watching when Sasuke beat Naruto in the valley of the end or whatever and picked it up again.
__________________
Red panda takeover!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
loganace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant
 
RobbieMar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
Posts: 781
Rep Power: 11
RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Same here RobbieMar1, but I would be able to tolerate it if there was no dub.
yeah, I feel ya. We must make due, but I just cant revert to something that would almost alienate the show for me. If that were to ever happen, I might just begin a manga phase for myself. Ill prolly just begin reading manga for the first time in my life. Ill prolly even start collecting, all the manga that Viz media puts out for the series. From beginning to end. In hard copy and not digital. Or maybe both, it depends on what I would feel like doing. But, Im not leaning my hopes on that at all, because the show must go on, in english dub. Just like Sasuke said "I cant turn back now"....
__________________
1) "Who's that?......Is that me?......Yes it's me......Me wanting to be needed by someone......Why?.......Why did I want that?......Why did I yearn for that?......"
::Gaara::

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::

Last edited by RobbieMar1; 01-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
Toddler Naruto
Chunin
 
Toddler Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Posts: 1,162
Rep Power: 11
Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Hey everybody! Please help me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
yeah, I feel ya. We must make due, but I just cant revert to something that would almost alienate the show for me. If that were to ever happen, I might just begin a manga phase for myself. Ill prolly just begin reading manga for the first time in my life. Ill prolly even start collecting, all the manga that Viz media puts out for the series. From beginning to end. In hard copy and not digital. Or maybe both, it depends on what I would feel like doing. But, Im not leaning my hopes on that at all, because the show must go on, in english dub. Just like Sasuke said "I cant turn back now"....
Well, we are getting off-topic anyways, no signs of the dub being canceled, especially with box Set 10 (Episodes 113-126) being released in April.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dubbed, english, naruto


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.