Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Jiraiya vs Kakuzu

So yeah, I think I made a thread like this before but I want to see how the opinions have changed. And make an opening scenario

Jiraiya learns about Asuma's death, and has decided to confront the Akatsuki member directly. Kakuzu accepts his challenge, and here we are. Just for clarification, this is base Jiraiya.

Same scenario as Kakuzu vs Kakashi.

Guess i'll restrict SoTU

Last edited by Super Sanin 3; 01-08-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Jiraiya vs Kakuzu

Even if SOTU is banned, it won't stop Kakuzu's hearts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Just for the "Raiten shocks himself" stuff
Old 01-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Sage Mode and Underworld Swamp restricted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
Just for the "Raiten shocks himself" stuff
I saw at least one or two claim that.

In NF.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Nah just swamp but he starts in base
Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

In a long range battle Jiraiya comes out on top if he has Gamabunta unless Kakuzu's heart monsters somehow flanks him secretly.

The thing is both excel in long range.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

His barrier can probably help him sense attacks coming, but how long can Gamabunta keep it up? Being able to tank the Shukaku's wind bullet gives him some credit here. I think Jiraiya would have to watch out for Kakuzu's extendable arms too, he can grab him off of Gamabunta if he's prepping SM (leaving him vulnerable), but chances are he can fend it off if he's not.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Wind Bullet is quite more powerful than Kakuzu’s blasts. Not to mention Gamabunta can jump.

I was going for the long range fight assuming Jiraiya does so because he excels in mid to long range especially with his summon. He can do a massive katon that is much bigger than Kakuzu’s Zukkoku. Kakuzu’s tendrils are not infinite in length in either.

Raiton: Giant is a better threat simply because o f the piercing effect but can it one shot Gamabunta I doubt it immensely. He should do it few more times.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Am I losing it or are you testing fonts on me? >.>

I wouldn't call it much stronger, they size of the attacks are huge as ****. I don't mean that one attack will do it, I'm talking about consistent attacks though. Can the hearts go underground? I would assume so as Kakuzu placed his hand underground using a heart but if not I agree that they'll be screwed once Jiraiya uses some strong collaboration techniques. Though Kakuzu himself probably won't as Iron skin seems effective to me. Nevertheless that's too many hearts gone for him to take.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
Am I losing it or are you testing fonts on me? >.>

Quote:
I wouldn't call it much stronger, they size of the attacks are huge as ****.
One Wind Bullet went through a huge chunk of forest in a row. Thats more than a largerly stationary blast of anything.

When Wind Bulle was countered by Toad Water Bullet. Water splashed over the forest like heavy rain for a moment.

Quote:
I don't mean that one attack will do it, I'm talking about consistent attacks though. Can the hearts go underground? I would assume so as Kakuzu placed his hand underground using a heart but if not I agree that they'll be screwed once Jiraiya uses some strong collaboration techniques. Though Kakuzu himself probably won't as Iron skin seems effective to me. Nevertheless that's too many hearts gone for him to take.
Hearts going underground? Maybe although that time he had an actual right hand do it.

In the actual fight they never did.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer