Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #41
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG Convo #32: The Return of the Lucas

How could I forget those moments.
Forgive me for my little forgetfulness there.

I am starting to miss Hamil as Joker.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 12-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #42
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Question can you two still edit?

@Wooster it was an ok cast so the movie was bound to be close to the first.

@321zigzag3 I know it's getting hostlie.:lol
Edit?

True enough, but directors can really screw things up. See Lucas. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Sherlock Holmes movies are..good on characterization but not totally accurate

oh and..seriously why isn't Itachi Returns banned?
Actually, the nail the characters. Really, most movies to date really haven't protrayed Sherlock as Doyle did. He is a cantankerous drug addict.

The stories themselves have never really been the important part of Sherlock. Doyle did try to kill Sherlock off because he was so sick of writing more stories after all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #43
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Then fans forced him to bring him back rejecting the once purpose of Moriarty's existance which was to show an actual rival to kill Holmes.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 12-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #44
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Well, mainly he was just sick of Sherlock and killed him off. Just no body much cared for his other writing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #45
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

You can't kill Sherlock, he's the Sherlock!

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #46
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Actually, the nail the characters. Really, most movies to date really haven't protrayed Sherlock as Doyle did. He is a cantankerous drug addict.
\

he is but his fighting and impressive strength feats (bending that iron easily in the sign of four was it? the story with the civil war vet) come more from dedication and not some..Sharigan style super power..i saw in the first movie

not that I'm complaining holmes was nailed to a T very well that aside and I like that Watson is actually useful and a war Veteran like in the stories

Quote:
The stories themselves have never really been the important part of Sherlock. Doyle did try to kill Sherlock off because he was so sick of writing more stories after all.
Man Doyle took a gigantic dump all over the Mormons in a Study in Scarlet and the funny part is..a hundred plus years later the only people who give a damn about that is the Mormons everyone else just laps it up

I would laugh my ass off if it wasn't so messed up thought to be fair..some of them kinda did..do that type of stuff back then but man
Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #47
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
\

he is but his fighting and impressive strength feats (bending that iron easily in the sign of four was it? the story with the civil war vet) come more from dedication and not some..Sharigan style super power..i saw in the first movie

not that I'm complaining holmes was nailed to a T very well that aside and I like that Watson is actually useful and a war Veteran like in the stories

Man Doyle took a gigantic dump all over the Mormons in a Study in Scarlet and the funny part is..a hundred plus years later the only people who give a damn about that is the Mormons everyone else just laps it up

I would laugh my ass off if it wasn't so messed up thought to be fair..some of them kinda did..do that type of stuff back then but man
true enough, Holmes didn't fight like that much, but he was skilled in his own way. http://www.nycsteampunk.com/bartitsu/documentary.html

Well, the Mormons were pretty brutal back then. He wasn't far off.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #48
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori! View Post
You can't kill Sherlock, he's the Sherlock!
Don't you mean you can't kill Batman because he's the goddamn Batman?

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #49
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Don't you mean you can't kill Batman because he's the goddamn Batman?
Sherlock could kill Batman. >.>

Old 12-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #50
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Sherlock could kill Batman. >.>

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 12-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #51
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Edit?

True enough, but directors can really screw things up. See Lucas. ;D

As in do you have an edit button. I have none so I can't really edit my post when I make a mistake.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #52
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
true enough, Holmes didn't fight like that much, but he was skilled in his own way. http://www.nycsteampunk.com/bartitsu/documentary.html[
i'm not denying that at all he might also have been the first "peak human" in detective stories..something that blazed the way for the pulp heroes and eventual comic and manga heroes

Quote:
Well, the Mormons were pretty brutal back then. He wasn't far off.
I know and the irony is I'm not sure how mellow the majority are nowadays.

plus the fact that one of the seven founders of the Children of God Cult was a freaking Mormon probably doesn't help
Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #53
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Hercule Poirot vs Sherlock Holmes

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #54
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
comic bruce in the PC era no less when he could build rockets that ran on rainbows admitted Sherlock was better then him

Quote:
no nero wolfe? son i am disappoint
Old 12-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #55
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
As in do you have an edit button. I have none so I can't really edit my post when I make a mistake.
Not even on your own posts? You do something bad? xD

Quote:
i'm not denying that at all he might also have been the first "peak human" in detective stories..something that blazed the way for the pulp heroes and eventual comic and manga heroes

I know and the irony is I'm not sure how mellow the majority are nowadays.

plus the fact that one of the seven founders of the Children of God Cult was a freaking Mormon probably doesn't help
Well, the used to steal women and kill outsiders. I think they mainstream is better than that now.
Quote:
Kelhus v. Sherlock

Sadly, Kellhus beats all in any intellectual contest, any.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #56
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Not even on your own posts? You do something bad? xD
Did I for like the month barely post. If I did it was basically in here.

It doesn't matter I hardly care anyways.><
Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #57
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Well, lets see.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #58
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
I'm so glad to hear everyone's input on this matter.

I'm gonna say this here because the only section of this site that matters is the vs. Section and TBC I hope you get this You're still new at versus debating..you don't really know the ins and outs or the ethos..concepts like PIS and SM vs FL are still new to you..but you have an understanding of the culture and you can put forward a solid argument, TBC the poster isn't someone I would have a problem with.

I don't think you locked down the BG's for the right reason but your peers like Ashen were allot more contemptuous, disrespectful and hostile. To this day i don't fully understand what happened but I can't say I agree with the reaction..my dislike of your conduct in that instance has..however faded due to your actions since then, you have shown a desire to maintain this place to keep it active and to keep it growing- you've gotten back into debating and have taken on trolls both as a mod and a poster..which I have to concede to respecting.

We wont always agree and I'm gonna be upfront and critical of you when I feel somethings wrong I respect this forum enough to do that. you aren't perfect..but every one of your possible replacements are outright jokes who would hard delete this forum and laugh at us as it happens,.

My request..is that you do not step down..that you stay the course, I might protest your decisions every now and then but I think your the best bet to keep this place alive and thriving.

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 12-28-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #59
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I don't see anything messed up on your account, but I can't see the finer details. Did you used to have sig image privileges and lose it?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #60
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't see anything messed up on your account, but I can't see the finer details. Did you used to have sig image privileges and lose it?
That I lost a long time ago. During the great dupe war of 2010. I got banned like 20 times that day.
Closed Thread