Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #241
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Bg Convo #31- Leave your butthurt at the door

I may look back at coming here but I gotta see if the style of debate is the same as before
Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #242
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
you act like this isn't a rare thing

I'm currently..locked in a debate where some one just compared the works of Masashi Kishimoto to freaking J.R.R tolkien George Lucas and the friggen Homeric legends
Well, somewere in here, I compared Naruto to the works of Alexandre Dumas.

Actually, works quite well. Serial writing is very similar to manga.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #243
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Well, somewere in here, I compared Naruto to the works of Alexandre Dumas.

Actually, works quite well. Serial writing is very similar to manga.
you and I did..we compared Danzo to Richelieu and that;s not my issue I can probably make similar comparisons between say Oonoki and Nestor from the Iliad or say Morgoth and Orochimaru in terms of their vanity and pettyness

it's the implication the quality of writing and world building is on the same tier that comes off as absurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
What the joker was epic. Alot more so than most movie villains in most movies. You my friend just spoke blasephemy.
that crazy anarchist in clown make up was indeed one of the better antagonists of the last..say seven or so years but that guy wasn't joker..he was some awesome psycho that just called himself that because Jack napier went into retirement before Bail could become Batman

Quote:
It was quite a good distraction from the lame ass duo. I was actually rooting for Sauron to catch them.
they failed in the books Mandos the god of destiny basically literally intervened on behalf of the army of light and had Gollum fall

basically in typical tolkien fashion the little guy made it to the big tent..then fell short of the mark and needed some help

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 12-22-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #244
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

that crazy anarchist in clown make up was indeed one of the better antagonists of the last..say seven or so years but that guy wasn't joker..he was some awesome psycho that just called himself that because Jack napier went into retirement before Bail could become Batman
To be honest that Joker is kinda the reason the joker became famous again. I mean when you first glance at joker you really don't really feel how crazy he is. But when you put on film it actually gives you a better perspective. Though there is an arguement whether or not the Joker is crazy or he just playing crazy in the books. Jason Todd told him he was actually sane and he
flipped out.

Quote:
they failed in the books Mandos the god of destiny basically literally intervened on behalf of the army of light and had Gollum fall

basically in typical tolkien fashion the little guy made it to the big tent..then fell short of the mark and needed some help
I read the books once back in the day. I hardly remember them now though. The only thing I remember is the journey had way more creatures blocking there way than what was shown in the movies.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #245
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
To be honest that Joker is kinda the reason the joker became famous again. I mean when you first glance at joker you really don't really feel how crazy he is. But when you put on film it actually gives you a better perspective. Though there is an arguement whether or not the Joker is crazy or he just playing crazy in the books. Jason Todd told him he was actually sane and he
flipped out.
ehh i'm not sure about that while the batman totally ruined batman..people still remember TAS and JLU

as for the second part yeah i always liked that but they alternate between him beings nuts for example when Spectre and the greek god of madness both ended up messed up in his brain..and him faking but

Quote:

I read the books once back in the day. I hardly remember them now though. The only thing I remember is the journey had way more creatures blocking there way than what was shown in the movies.
basically Frodo failed..and either Eru himself or Mandos destiny raped Sauron and basically for all intents and purposes hurled gollum into mount doom
Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #246
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
ehh i'm not sure about that while the batman totally ruined batman..people still remember TAS and JLU

as for the second part yeah i always liked that but they alternate between him beings nuts for example when Spectre and the greek god of madness both ended up messed up in his brain..and him faking but
I mean towards mainstream audiences who hardly gave the comics a second thought. Believe or not the original animated series of batman and Superman are the mainstream reference for the characters for some people.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #247
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I mean towards mainstream audiences who hardly gave the comics a second thought. Believe or not the original animated series of batman and Superman are the mainstream reference for the characters for some people.
that's my point..people still remember those shows they remember Hamil andc Jack..and Ledger didn't really revive much he just put a darker and grittier spin on a character that hardly needed it.

although I gotta admit..Romero's joker for all it;s cartoony camp was pretty boss too
Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #248
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Gollum is just awesome that way. He certainly was the longest possessor of the ring. They belong together.

Quote:
you and I did..we compared Danzo to Richelieu and that;s not my issue I can probably make similar comparisons between say Oonoki and Nestor from the Iliad or say Morgoth and Orochimaru in terms of their vanity and pettyness

it's the implication the quality of writing and world building is on the same tier that comes off as absurd
Well, beyond that. Naruto is sort of like Three Musketeers, at least when it was better...

Well, Star Wars isn't that much better than Naruto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #249
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well, beyond that. Naruto is sort of like Three Musketeers, at least when it was better...

Well, Star Wars isn't that much better than Naruto
Star wars OT is superior to Naruto..the prequel trilogy..is bad but not as bad as part 2

Kishimoto and lucas both sold out and stopped caring so much so the new cartoon just completely invalidated the ending of his phantom menace movie removing it from canon

and he was like 'I'm i still making money off the series? oh yes? okay do what ever you want to my universe then..g"

he also trolled the entire EU fanbase by removing something like 20 years of stories from canon because "I picked up a book about Hans kids training with Boba Fett and didn't like any of it" so..he basically came late to the party and universe killed..because he apparently had no idea boba fett survived in the EU..or that Han had kids

I mean..that was trolling beyond kubo right there
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #250
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well, what he really screwed up was the Clone Wars. The first Star Wars books by Zahn had a completely different telling of what they were.

Essentially clones were made of everyone, not just one person. -_-

Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #251
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well, what he really screwed up was the Clone Wars. The first Star Wars books by Zahn had a completely different telling of what they were.

Essentially clones were made of everyone, not just one person. -_-
what was Zahns original idea for the CW I forget do you have some passages? I recall it being really spectacular
Old 12-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #252
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
what was Zahns original idea for the CW I forget do you have some passages? I recall it being really spectacular
Passages? Well, I have the books here, but I haven't read them in 15 years. xD

I will look and see if anything jumps out at me.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:30 AM   #253
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Okay here is Zahn on writing the book:
What they did mostly was, rather than tell me things I had to do or setting up walls at the beginning, they let me do whatever I wanted to and then told me what I couldn't. Sort of like an "I would run until I ran into a wall" type of thing. The two guidelines I was given at the beginning were: I was to start three to five years after ROTJ, and I could use any character who had not been killed off in the movies. It was very, very open. When I submitted the outline, we found a few other walls: I could not do detailed references to the Clone Wars era. I had a sort of history of the Clone Wars set up because at that time I didn't know he (George Lucas) was going to go back and do more movies, so I thought that was opened at length as well, but it turned out it wasn't. Various other things: Joruus C'baoth was originally an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi and they wouldn't let me do that. And I would run into minor walls here and there, both in the outline and in the final manuscript. But it was more a matter of, instead of getting what I had to do, they would let me do what I wanted unless it ran into some territory they didn't want me dealing with, or contradicted something that they saw in the movies, though I could sometimes argue my way out of those. So it was very much open. I got to do virtually everything that was important, what they wouldn't let me do was really quite minor and easily changed without damaging the book itself. So it was really a good experience. And similiar with the Hand of Thrawn duology. Then I had to make connections with the other books that had come out since the Thrawn trilogy. That made it a little trickier, but not significantly so. And again, Lucasfilm was very good about letting me do pretty much what I wanted to, though I did have to argue a few points here and there and make some compromises.

And here is a link describing Joruus C'baoth: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Joruus_C%27baoth

And the quick cloning method: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spaarti_cloning_cylinder

Insane clones of a Jedi Master made in a year? Certainly, a lot better than a boring old Storm Trooper clone army fighting robots...

Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #254
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Star wars in my opinion is as played out as Naruto. The story has been driven into the ground. Not only that Lucas is probably one of the geatest troll of all time. The only thing Star wars has is there abilities that's it.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #255
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The unconfirmed 568 spoilers are awesome
Old 12-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #256
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Okay here is Zahn on writing the book:
What they did mostly was, rather than tell me things I had to do or setting up walls at the beginning, they let me do whatever I wanted to and then told me what I couldn't. Sort of like an "I would run until I ran into a wall" type of thing. The two guidelines I was given at the beginning were: I was to start three to five years after ROTJ, and I could use any character who had not been killed off in the movies. It was very, very open. When I submitted the outline, we found a few other walls: I could not do detailed references to the Clone Wars era. I had a sort of history of the Clone Wars set up because at that time I didn't know he (George Lucas) was going to go back and do more movies, so I thought that was opened at length as well, but it turned out it wasn't. Various other things: Joruus C'baoth was originally an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi and they wouldn't let me do that. And I would run into minor walls here and there, both in the outline and in the final manuscript. But it was more a matter of, instead of getting what I had to do, they would let me do what I wanted unless it ran into some territory they didn't want me dealing with, or contradicted something that they saw in the movies, though I could sometimes argue my way out of those. So it was very much open. I got to do virtually everything that was important, what they wouldn't let me do was really quite minor and easily changed without damaging the book itself. So it was really a good experience. And similiar with the Hand of Thrawn duology. Then I had to make connections with the other books that had come out since the Thrawn trilogy. That made it a little trickier, but not significantly so. And again, Lucasfilm was very good about letting me do pretty much what I wanted to, though I did have to argue a few points here and there and make some compromises.

And here is a link describing Joruus C'baoth: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Joruus_C%27baoth

And the quick cloning method: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spaarti_cloning_cylinder

Insane clones of a Jedi Master made in a year? Certainly, a lot better than a boring old Storm Trooper clone army fighting robots...
lucas man..jesus

Quote:
Star wars in my opinion is as played out as Naruto. The story has been driven into the ground. Not only that Lucas is probably one of the geatest troll of all time. The only thing Star wars has is there abilities that's it.
Lucas trolls the fandom because he knows they're loyal junkies who will always come back

it's incredibly messed up but the space battles are friggen awesome
Old 12-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #257
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Hopefully everyone had a splendid Merry Christmas even if if you had a rough year, week, and/or day.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 12-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #258
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Sugar is good
Old 12-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #259
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Quote:
lucas man..jesus

Lucas trolls the fandom because he knows they're loyal junkies who will always come back

it's incredibly messed up but the space battles are friggen awesome
I should have pulled the Zahn quote about midi-cholrians. He is being diplomatic, but he pretty much says it is utter garbage, ruining the entire mysticism aspect of the force.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #260
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I should have pulled the Zahn quote about midi-cholrians. He is being diplomatic, but he pretty much says it is utter garbage, ruining the entire mysticism aspect of the force.
Basically all Jedi are born with an std that gives them super powers. The series was done after the first three. Then George Lucas didn't even close the original three out right. Really teddy bears as rebels.
Closed Thread