Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

View Poll Results: Who should have won?
Batman: Arkham City 4 16.67%
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim 7 29.17%
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 10 41.67%
Portal 2 1 4.17%
Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
Nābris
Queen Meme
Sage of Oolong Tea

Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: VGA Game of the Year Revote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker369 View Post
the game was all hype and fully of glitches how is that a game of the year ?
One could argue that Skyward Sword had just as much hype. It depends on where you look, who you are talking too, and etcetera. In my opinion, both games got enough hype that they ultimately deserved.

As with the glitches, here are some of my inputs and observations: I've never experienced a single one that was game breaking or annoying enough to make me quit the game. Most of them could easily be fixed by reloading/leaving the room, and heck some of them are hilarious (Giant glitch and the Farkas glitches). Despite the glitches, I'm still playing, and I am still loving it. That's how good of a game it is.

I should point out that I am in no way saying that Skyward sword is a bad game; it was wonderful. I enjoyed it. However, I can't place it before Skyrim. Sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nābris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #22
Demise
Purple Flurp Disciple
WS-Genin

Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'm with Skyrim.

A glitch in a Bethesda game is like a signature.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #23
SasukeDude96
Veteran Chunin

SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Skyward Sword all the dang way.

Spoiler:

3DS A
mbassador

I know, I suck.
SasukeDude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #24
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I haven't actually played Skyrim. What exactly sets it apart from other games of the same genre? What part of the game is unique or innovative? I'm curious, because I've played games that look similar to the play style of Skyrim, and they haven't left a huge enough lasting impression on me for me to call them masterpieces.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #25
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I haven't actually played Skyrim. What exactly sets it apart from other games of the same genre? What part of the game is unique or innovative? I'm curious, because I've played games that look similar to the play style of Skyrim, and they haven't left a huge enough lasting impression on me for me to call them masterpieces.
The depthness they put in the game. When you play the game you don't feel like you're playing the game, you feel like you're inside this massive world. Unlike other RPG's the world doesn't revolve around you, the entire environment and storyline feels like it's been around since before you began playing it, and will be there long after you leave. The sheer amount of freedom you have in the world is the best I've seen, you can literally do nearly anything you can think of, and everything has a purpose. Even eating butterfly wings has a purpose. No other RPG I've played does that, even the other Bethesda games I've played don't do that. The lore is absolutely massive if you choose to follow it, there are tons of books you can fill your bookshelf up with that all have to do with the lore of Skyrim. The combat system is fun there are several different ways to play, you can go the basic sword and shield or use telepathy and an ice spell. The dungeons are awesome, they have puzzles and traps, and are very Indian Jones like. Ontop of that the story is engaging and the leveling system is great.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #26
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
The depthness they put in the game. When you play the game you don't feel like you're playing the game, you feel like you're inside this massive world. Unlike other RPG's the world doesn't revolve around you, the entire environment and storyline feels like it's been around since before you began playing it, and will be there long after you leave. The sheer amount of freedom you have in the world is the best I've seen, you can literally do nearly anything you can think of, and everything has a purpose. Even eating butterfly wings has a purpose. No other RPG I've played does that, even the other Bethesda games I've played don't do that. The lore is absolutely massive if you choose to follow it, there are tons of books you can fill your bookshelf up with that all have to do with the lore of Skyrim. The combat system is fun there are several different ways to play, you can go the basic sword and shield or use telepathy and an ice spell. The dungeons are awesome, they have puzzles and traps, and are very Indian Jones like. Ontop of that the story is engaging and the leveling system is great.
That reason is good enough for me to give a shot and try it for myself. Freedom is good and all, but what really stands out to me is the story and any unique elements of gameplay. Any thought-provoking moments or any moments that you don't just see in every game. One thing I really loved about Skyward Sword was the themes of the areas. The Ancient Cistern's sort "Water Dungeon hiding a Cursed Cavern" theme, was really beautiful. I also really love that it wasn't just a realistic art style. I find that refreshing, especially for the style it had. That world was much smaller than Skyrim obviously, but there was also a lot to do around the area. I definitely will have to play Skyrim to compare the two for myself. I did enjoy the 2008 Prince of Persia more than all of the Zelda games aside from Majora's Mask after all.

Does Skyrim have any very interesting areas? Not just like forests, caves, mountains and villages. Does it have any areas that are just very well designed, with or without traps?

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #27
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
That reason is good enough for me to give a shot and try it for myself. Freedom is good and all, but what really stands out to me is the story and any unique elements of gameplay. Any thought-provoking moments or any moments that you don't just see in every game. One thing I really loved about Skyward Sword was the themes of the areas. The Ancient Cistern's sort "Water Dungeon hiding a Cursed Cavern" theme, was really beautiful. I also really love that it wasn't just a realistic art style. I find that refreshing, especially for the style it had. That world was much smaller than Skyrim obviously, but there was also a lot to do around the area. I definitely will have to play Skyrim to compare the two for myself. I did enjoy the 2008 Prince of Persia more than all of the Zelda games aside from Majora's Mask after all.

Does Skyrim have any very interesting areas? Not just like forests, caves, mountains and villages. Does it have any areas that are just very well designed, with or without traps?
Skyrim's envrionment is very huge,the environment is just great, and the designs of the monsters and such are great.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Dwarven ruins are pretty awesome
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

One of the best puzzles in the dungeons that I've been to was when they had these revolving pillars with eagles, fish, and snakes on them. And one one pillar it was raining, on the other it was grassy, and the last one it was sunny and had a big opening in the dungeon. The animals matched the environment., it was pretty clever actually. Some are easy to figure out and some are more challenging. Traps are everywhere, tripwire, arrows, push plates, oil with fire lamps hanging from above, swinging axes. They're very common and fun.

Plus Shouts are great, being able to slow time, and summon storms is pretty cool.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #28
Sharingan19
Veteran Chunin

Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
I've just started playing Skyrim and it is amazing so far. Clearing out dungeons is pretty awesome. The graphics are not the best i've seen in a game but it doesn't matter because the environment and the world are good enough to overshadow it. It is so expansive and detailed, it does feel like you are in and part of that world.
I agree with everything J-Sun Tasogare says ^^
Old 12-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #29
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

A tie between Portal 2 and Arkham City at the moment.

Skyrim may be the tiebreaker though, as I've just gotten it for Christmas. I'll play it on Christmas.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #30
silverclaimer musica
Genin

silverclaimer musica is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Skyrim all the way.
I love the feel of the game. It feels fresh and new. Thats one of the kinds of game feel I like. Fresh and new, or nice and nostalgic.
I had the greatest feel of nostalgia when I played Halo CE anniversary. Its like it had some aspect that other Halo games were missing. Some sort of element that I haven't felt with any other game, before, or since.
Thats what really matters to me. Not graphics, not gameplay, not even story. What I love, is the feel of the game as I am playing it.
I love the frustration when Im stuck on an exceptionally difficult level. I love the joy of accomplishing something big, like beating a tough boss, or acquiring the best weapon.
I love the feel of Skyrim, just like I love the feel of the Zelda games.
But my vote, honestly has to go to Skyrim. It feels better to me. Its a bigger game, with a great feel, and a wonderful experience. Skyrim will for sure provide me with many hours of entertainment, for a long long time.

"Silence ground walker!"
silverclaimer musica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #31
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Here's what pisses me off:
Guy at school: ZOMG UR PLAYING WERLD OF WARCRAP AND SUM GAME ON WII?!?
Me: Yeah, and I'm playing Zelda Skyward Sword
Guy: WOW NINTENDURD SUX CUZ DER GRAPHICS SUX
Me: Graphic's don't make a game.
Guy: YEAH DEY DO!!!!!!!1!!11!one!1 AND WOW IS FOR FAT PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN DER MOMS BASMENTS CUZ DEY HAVE NO FRIENDS.
Me: I have lot's of friends, and I haven't finished school, retard, so I live at home, but not in the basement.
Guy: WHATEVAR SKYRIM IS TEH BEST MY NORD CULD KEEL JOOR WOW GUY
...I have to face bigots like that everytime I bring up video games

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote