Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Dont close the thread!

Are you really trying to piss me off?T_T
Wooster, the one who separated the thread wrote this,
Quote:
"Well, I could separate that thread back out. However, I have yet to see a reason why I should. Multiple conversations can happen in a thread, and your theory is no better than anyone else. An omnibus "Who is Tobi" Theory seems entirely appropriate without spamming the Town Bookstore and choking out other ideas and topics of discussion .
so i answered him and explained thoroughly my reasons to why to separate it again.
And when i pressed "enter" it said thread locked, and everything i wrote was gone.
Would you please, please stop being over eager?

I will now answer you Wooster:
I myself have been tired of a lot of threads with the same theme appearing all over the forum, many of those concerning "Tobi - Obito", unfortunately no thread was really combining all angles in the same post.
Therefore i made the "The final Tobi is Obito explanation" in an attempt to make it the last one, hence the final.
I introduced the 3. steps of making a theory, since i felt that people had problems to differ between those steps, it was something i learned at my studium and wanted to share; so i applied it myself in the theory.

Even people who didn't think that i was right, praised that it was well written and people should take notice to how to write theories.

Everything that is to know about the theory is explained in one post, there is no need of skimming through hundreds of posts, arguments and misinformation. It was my intention to periodically update it and let people comment on it, so that it may be made better.( which also happened)

"Tobi is blablabla" thread is so unspecific, that once it has left the frontpage, noone will ever look at it again.
When i search for "Tobi Obito" that thread is not even coming up.
My Theory is posted three pages in, in that thread, people will have to look read trough everything, instead of of simply having that what they look for.
Now all they're gonna find in search are the countless other Tobi - Obito threads, you left untouched, that will be their standpoint from now on, and we're back at square one.

Also, i believe that no theory, no matter what it is, should ever be wrapped together in such a massive thread. Talking about Obito, kagami, shisui etc. all at the same time? It is chaos.
Imagine if you'd do that with other topics.

Last edited by Bratcipheo; 12-03-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Bratcipheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Dont close the thread!

Well, anyone's welcome to discuss Tobi, Obito and anyone else within the site rules, but I'm not seeing why your thread made after all the others that have been going on for their various spells would take precedence over them, assuming that we're still gonna have them all be one thread.

Briefly discuss .
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Well, anyone's welcome to discuss Tobi, Obito and anyone else within the site rules, but I'm not seeing why your thread made after all the others that have been going on for their various spells would take precedence over them, assuming that we're still gonna have them all be one thread.

Briefly discuss .
Im guessing you haven't read it?What about briefly reading it?
Wait can't find it?Yeah, that's the problem i talked about.

Btw. Im saying i want there to minimum be a "Tobi is Madara, Tobi is shisui, Tobi is Obito etc." thread, they should never generalize beyond that.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratcipheo View Post
Im guessing you haven't read it?What about briefly reading it?
Wait can't find it?Yeah, that's the problem i talked about.

Btw. Im saying i want there to minimum be a "Tobi is Madara, Tobi is shisui, Tobi is Obito etc." thread, they should never generalize beyond that.
You're saying you attempted to make a "The final Tobi is Obito explanation" thread, which you're also claiming has precedence over every other "The final Tobi is Obito explanation" there has ever been because you made it?
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Well, the best Tobi is Obito thread is in the Archives. You will find a furious, but well argued discussion there.

I would be willing to move your posts to that thread if you give me some time.

However, I have on several occasion made it clear I did not want to see more Obito is Tobi threads when there was an existing thread that served that purpose. True enough, it has been a while back that I did this, but that is why I did not hesitate to combine all these threads together without warning.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Well, the best Tobi is Obito thread is in the Archives. You will find a furious, but well argued discussion there.

I would be willing to move your posts to that thread if you give me some time.

However, I have on several occasion made it clear I did not want to see more Obito is Tobi threads when there was an existing thread that served that purpose. True enough, it has been a while back that I did this, but that is why I did not hesitate to combine all these threads together without warning.
I dont quite understand what you're saying?
Are you saying that theories are a democratic creation? Because that thread has not only old knowledge and lacks recent ones, but is chaotic.
I wanted to create something that was easy to read, structured and simple, yet going to the point.

Instead of saying better, i will say that you can't possibly deny that i worked on this topic in a different angle than usual, providing a different kind of insight.
(On this note im wondering whether or not you read it, did you read it?)
There are a unlimited amount of fast written spam threads, i understand your concern with decreasing the number of those (i've also even made one) but that Thread doesn't belong with them, it hoped you wanted thought trough and properly structured theories, and i made such a theory.
It was already a month old.
In all honesty, the theme of the theory shouldn't be limiting, but whether or not some time has been invested. I fail to understand who "Obito - Tobi" has acquired a special seat among theories.
I have a theory, i structured it well and thought of every angle to it, why doesn't it have the right to exist simply because the theme isn't to your taste?
Please reconsider.

Last edited by Bratcipheo; 12-03-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It is a topic that has dozens of threads. No reason why new ideas can't go into those threads.
One assumes new posts provide new ideas by themselves. The topic itself already exists.

But trust me, you should be happy with the new home. I feel it shall fit right in.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
It is a topic that has dozens of threads. No reason why new ideas can't go into those threads.
One assumes new posts provide new ideas by themselves. The topic itself already exists.

But trust me, you should be happy with the new home. I feel it shall fit right in.
Youre ignoring all my points!

And there are still dozens of threads out there, which you haven't, i repeat, haven't put into this gigantic mix.
They're untouched.

So you're choosing some, but not all?How does this logic work objectively?
I told you, i wan't to be periodically able to add stuff and talk about the theory, and change it.
I've made a well written thread, why do you discourage this?

Also, it is quite odd, already any topic has been talked about several times, yet they aren't combined into these confusing threads.I can not help it, but feel a subjective biased dissension about this matter, which makes me sad.

EDIT:Thanks for putting it back, i dont hope you put it into the underworld.

Last edited by Bratcipheo; 12-03-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Yes, the ones that are irrelevant. I have no concern about the arguments in your thread. It is an Obito is Tobi thread. All I care about the functioning of the Town Bookstore and its organization. That is my responsibility.

Those threads are dead, hopefully never to be seen again. I only put in the active threads (i.e. still on the first page) into the omnibus.

I understand caring about a piece of written work even if it is only a post on a thread. I have one myself.
I haven't found the previous Obito thread, so I am letting yours stand for now.
Be forewarned, if any one else makes an Obito is Tobi thread it is getting moved into your thread now.