Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #41
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Lil Wayne Sucks

A stereotype. Not all rappers do it, y'know. Stereotypes turn people off, which is why I can see that hip hop isn't exactly your favorite subject. Seeing as that people like Wayne are dominating mainstream radio nowadays, that isn't far fetched.

Tha Carter IV was a disappointment. I expected a mediocre album. I got worse than that.

Music is human expression. At least in my opinion. Rap ain't nothing more than Rhythm and Poetry.

FACT.

EDIT: Besides, being explicit doesn't matter much. Shakespeare had done it, the Beatles had, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #42
Isoteen
Chunin

Isoteen saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Mainstream rapping is more the sound, rather than the lyrics, if you ask me.

To be honest, most rappers probably change their lyrics to match the sound of the music.

It's not really a craft.

I can write music too, so can the next guy.
Isoteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #43
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

If you're talking mainstream as in people like Wayne, T-Pain, Soulja Boy, I wholeheartedly agree.

Or change the sound to match their lyrics. Or, y'all know, just rap in a straight A cappella. Or just improvise, as many do in rap battles.

Music or rap? Or both?

Then I honestly implore you, make a successful career from it. Become a millionaire, make thousands without selling out to the mainstream.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #44
Isoteen
Chunin

Isoteen saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Music is a craft.

This involves singers, people who play instruments, people who compose music, and people who develop electronic sounds.

That's where the creativity and talent comes from. Lyrics are simply an extension.

Talking in rhymes will never get you anywhere without sound.
Isoteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #45
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Um NO!
HELL NO!
Sure.
NO, NO NONONO!
I should shoot you.
I should really shoot you.

Then do so, because you fail for your above ones.

Wayne is good, you just have to give him the right flow and drop. If you take a look at his best album, Carter 2, you see Wayne at his best, and he kills it in that album. Eminem is only good because he spits so fast and holds nothing back.
Have you even listen to the artists I mentioned? Lil Wayne's fame doesn't equate with his skill level. The rappers that I listed has skill. Fame and popularity has nothing to do with skill. Everything about Wayne's lyrics is simple. The rappers mentioned are complex lyricsists. Only a few, or barely of them are in the mainstream(Ex: Eminem and Common).

Eminem talks about mistreating women and doing drugs, yet he doesn't promote it in his songs. The song he did with Rihanna talks about abuse to women, yet doesn't promote it.

Last edited by Cade; 11-19-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #46
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Yes I have heard them and if they were " better" than wayne then, why are they not mainstream?

Wayne does have skill, you really need to listen to his older stuff and not his newer ones, his older stuff puts most of those people on your list to dead shame.

NO THEY Aren't, their splochy and retarded, no good tempo and nothing comes from their meaning.
His old stuff from about 10 to 12 years ago were good, but he was lesser known then.He dumbed down his skills for the mainstream. He hasn't done anything good since around 02 or 03. Many underground rappers choose not to go mainstream. Just because you are mainstream doesn't mean you have skill. The underground is where the real talent is at. Mainstream is just a popularity constest. Only a few rappers in the mainstream are popular because of their skill.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #47
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoteen View Post
Yeah, I have more talent in my toe than most mainstream rappers.

Amazing as they might be in the studio, they are no different than the average individual.

By rapping you mean sitting down for a year to write 12 songs and make an album? Yeah, I can rap too.

By selling themselves you mean what? Buying a gold chain and wearing expensive clothes?

How about being arrested or doing drugs? Lol
That's why you're making millions of dollars then right? No.

First off to become famous you have likable, if you aren't likable NO one is going to buy your stuff or even wanna give you a chance, so despite whatever self-proclaimed amazing talent you have you still have to appease to the masses.

I'm sure you say you can.

More like appealing to people, which is what you have to do to be famous in any right.

Giving in to stereotypes gets you no where. More movie stars are arrested for drugs and alcohol than rappers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Responses in red. I'm not trying to say you're wrong or have terrible taste in music. Just know there is a lot more to the entertainment industry than what is shown in plain sight. And again I would delve into it but I already know I'd recieve ridicule/slander for such a discussion.
I'm not gonna continue this discussion because it will not give leeway in any direction, mostly because you decided to believe one thing that I whole-heartily believe to be false.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #48
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yes I have heard them and if they were " better" than wayne then, why are they not mainstream?

Wayne does have skill, you really need to listen to his older stuff and not his newer ones, his older stuff puts most of those people on your list to dead shame.

NO THEY Aren't, their splochy and retarded, no good tempo and nothing comes from their meaning.
"But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?" ~ Shawn Carter.

Wayne ain't killing Common, Immortal Technique, Royce, or Em any day. Ever. Those four artists are all lyrical gods and masters in flow.

@Isoteen.

So literature and poetry aren't crafts?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #49
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Drake isn't nothing special either. He stole Big Sean's style, attacks Ludacris for stealing Young Money's style "hash tag"(I think that's what it's called), and he bites off of Lil Wayne. Nothing original from him.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #50
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Hash tag or basement rap.

It's basically something along the likes of 'We in a parade; Macy's!'

A simile that isn't a simile, ergo omitting the word like. And yes, I have honestly heard supposed 'rappers' who spitted out something like that so far.

It's actually just a revised aspect of Big Sean's flow. Nothin' interesting.