Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 09-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #41
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default Re: Games Review Thread

Now there's a limit? Then review some games, if you don't think so.

It's still game reviews. I'm going to be putting some more reviews up sometime. I'm working on one right now.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #42
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
It's not review nearly enough games to be sticky. Shown by the fact it has like 8 reviews and has been dead for awhile.
I personally didn't ask for it to be stuck.

However, it's one of those threads that will grow over time. I need to play games, which I can't afford now. I will get to it.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #43
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Might as well do one for Black Ops, since I'm not really playing anything but that at the moment.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

ESRB Rating: M

Presentation:
9.2/10
Basically, the game is about some soldiers in the cold wars. I'm no expert on this, but if I had to say something about the way the game presented the story, I'd say it's pretty damn good. Although, certain things were extremely graphic.

Graphics: 8.5/10
I was definitely hoping for more when I got my hands on this game when it comes to graphics. Call of Duty games definitely have good graphics in general, I liked them in MW2, but there really was no upgrade in graphics in this game. They lagged a lot, especially in online play. Although, it wasn't terrible.

Sound: 9.9/10
Love, love love! I like the music in the game and the guns sound different. Really liked their sound presentation in this game.

Gameplay: 7/10
Good, but not as good as I wish it would've been. Again, this game really had me hoping high, and I just couldn't identify myself with this gameplay. I couldn't immerse myself in the story and really feel that I was inside of the story, fighting in the cold wars. Sure, they did a good job with the gore and whatnot, but it just wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Online gameplay is fun for me, though, even though many dislike it and prefer the MW2 online play. Possibly because of lack of quick scoping in BO. (Or real QS.

Lasting Appeal: 9/10
It's definitely meant for online play, but I enjoyed it!

Overall: 8.7/10

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 02-11-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #44
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Look forward to seeing a MW3 one and maybe some more games once I get them. I'll also do mobile games soon.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #45
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I want a skyrim one

Oh btw, I heard MW3 stunk
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #46
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I aint playing Skyrim

I like it.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #47
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
I want a skyrim one

Oh btw, I heard MW3 stunk
I'll make one for you, it's going to be long though.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #48
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Rating: Mature

Presentation: 10/10
The story is a vast and great one, filled with lore upon lore from the past game. The story flows great and is intermingled with things that aren't necesarily part of the main story, it is presented in a way that you actually feel like you're there in some way. You can really get into it, and it is also like a book it has twists and a fast developing plot. Though the ending is kind of loose ended, that is a signature for Bethesda saying that the end is not really then end.

Graphics: 9.5/10
The graphics are great, the best so far for any Bethesda game. There is massive detail in every little thing, which is surprising for a game with a massive landmass. They do a great job of making things look authentic, giving them age and their own style. Stuff made by Dwarven people will look nothing like things made by the Nords. There is also a great amount of work put into the scenery. There are different plants every where, the weather actually looks real, the fog on the mountains is moving, and if you ever look up at the sky at night it looks amazing. Though the faces still look awkward in some cases you kind of get used to it, and when you see the detail put into the dragons and the dungeons, the flaws don't matter hardly as much.

Sound: 9.8/10
The soundtracks of the games are great, they fit the scenery of the game, and the mood of the situation. If a bear attacks the sound will change according to that specific situation. At other times just walking around you get nice peaceful music in some areas, then when you travel elsewhere to a stormy spot on the map the sound will again change according to the location. Though there are some flaws, like in kill cams a mace sounds like a sword, but other than that blows sound exactly like they should.

Gameplay: 10/10
The gameplay is simply amazing. It's easy to understand and it doesn't take long at all to fully master it. The difficulty modes can fit anyone's playing style, I've fought the final boss on every difficulty to test this out, and the difficulties really make a difference level to level. However Super Easy is a little bit too easy for my taste, if you're a regular player I'd suggest staying on Medium or Easy. This game has at least 500+ hours of gameplay that you can easily put into it, and only a small portion of that is the story. The hours of gameplay is backed with an absolutely vast map and vast environment.

Spoiler:

It takes at least hours to walk across the whole map, and that's not even counting all the cities, forts, and random locations packed into it. Even ontop of this huge map the dungeons add-on to it. There is one dungeon so big that it took me two hours to full explore, and I didn't even think I was done. Character Creation is easy aswell you aren't forced to make a huge decision, and you can make your character how you want, down to the dirt on their face. You can also choose how you play easily as you level up by using abilities, weapons, armor, crafts, and just by talking and buying things. These also allow you to put skill points in trees. If you find yourself wanting to switch to magic mid-way through the game, it's easy to transition because you aren't making huge leaps everytime you put a skill point into a tree. Even if you aren't into questing there is a vast environment to explore and you can take on very many crafts. Alchemy, Enchanting, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing and etc. are available for all players to do and are a great way to level up. Not only that but even walking around Skyrim you will herbs that you can use, and even eating a butterfly wing in this game has a purpose. In closing Skyrim is it's own world that you're just a visitor to, and it will still keep going along while you're there, and why you aren't.

Lasting Appeal: 10/10
As I said before Skyrim easily has over 500+ hours of gameplay. You can pick up quests for nearly any reason, such as picking up a plant. There are also many roles you can take on in this game, you can be an assassin that specializes in sneak, pickpocketing, and lockpicking. You can be a tank in heavy armory with a sword and a shield. Maybe a berserker with a two handed weapon, or two one handed weapons. A battle mage with a sword and a spell, or a classic mage with two spells. These numerous classes call for even more playthroughs.

Overall: 9.9/10
Skyrim is a great game for anyone, with a strong and interesting story, and adjustable difficulties for anyone who isn't quite as into RPGs everyone should at least give this game a try, it can't hurt and you might find yourself captivated by it as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #49
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Thanks J-Sun, I'll add you to the OP and give you some rep.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #50
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
Can I review.... Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or Tri? Whichever I feel like reviewing when I get around to it.
this was never answered. <.< >.> <.< >.>

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #51
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Sure. I don't care.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #52
atk2tonogan
Freshmen Academy Student

atk2tonogan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Good thread to read about the games review.
atk2tonogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #53
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

ESRB Rating: E

Presentation: 9.5/10
A Link to the Past was fanastic in presentation. The only reason I don't give it a 10, is two words. Majora's Mask. Rating any game's presentation as high as Majora's Mask, is just something I haven't been able to do. A Link to the Past is my favorite game for the Super Nintendo. It's also one of my favorite games period. The story, which has been used many times, is the original of those stories. The Dark World was fantastic. The dungeons were good. I just loved the game.

Graphics: 10/10
For a game that was on Super Nintendo, the visuals were actually very beautiful. I'd put it up there with Wind Waker's and Skyward Sword's graphics, which I love. It's really hard to say anything more about graphics from a game from this time, but really, it's just beautiful.

Sound: 9.5/10
Not my FAVORITE soundtrack EVER. However, like all other Zelda games, I still really enjoyed the music. Will it be the first game I talk about when someone talks to me about soundtracks? No. I still really enjoyed the sounds around the world however.

The gameplay gave me everything I could ask for, and more. The large number of items, the variety of items, and the ways you could use the items, I felt was very well done. I had fun playing this game, and overall, that gameplay was just great.

I haven't replayed the game yet, but I'm sure I would definitely be able to. It's a fun game all around, with plenty of places to go, and a good amount of freedom.

Overall: 10/10
Overall, this game was really something special. There was not a moment I didn't enjoy what was going on in this game. I give Majora's Mask a higher 10, but both still a 10.

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 11-26-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #54
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Presentation: 9/10
To start off, I thought the game was presented very well. It was your typical Zelda game. I can't say it started off as my favorite Zelda game, but it did start off well. I really enjoyed Zant as well. Even after he changed, I felt he was a badass character. I loved The Resistance, they were great characters. So, why do I give presentation a 9.3? For one, though I loved The Resistance, they really didn't get much development as characters. Secondly, I did not like the game very much after Ganondorf was introduced. I loved the final battle with Zant, and I felt that should have been the spot where the story was wrapped up. The whole ending felt tacky to me.

Graphics: 9.5/10
I'm not really into "mainstream" graphics, aka the realistic art style. Not so much that I didn't like it though. The graphics were great, and in fact, a lot of the areas were beautiful. I liked it a lot, still not as much as Skyward Sword, Wind Waker or A Link to the Past, but it looked good for this game.

Sound: 10/10
Honestly, this is probably my second favorite Zelda soundtrack, right after Wind Waker. Funny, how my two favorite soundtracks come from my least favorite 3D Zelda games. I thought the sound was fantastic, and it gave me some songs that I still really like a lot. The Hidden Village and Malo Mart themes, for instance, just sounded so amazing to me.

The gameplay was nothing out of the ordinary for a Zelda game. The items were nice, not my favorite ever, aside from the Spinner, and Double Clawshot. So, why do I give it a 10? The dungeons in this game, are my favorite in the entire series. I loved Twilight Princess' dungeons, every one of them felt so amazing. So amazing that I have a difficult time choosing a least favorite. I loved the themes of the dungeons so much. I would play a game that just had me go through these dungeons without the rest of the story if I had to. Arbiter's Grounds? Snowpeak Ruins? Yes please!

Overall, I think this game will be easier for me to replay than any other Zelda game, aside from Ocarina of Time. It was a great game to replay, and so I really like that about it.

Overall: 9.5/10
I know, with all the praise, how can I only give it a 9.5? As much as I loved the dungeons, and as much as I loved the soundtrack, the ending makes a game for me. Having a bad ending, can drop my overall opinion a lot. Though, it was one of the most fun games I've ever played, the part of the game after Ganondorf enters, just really left me wishing it had ending after the Palace of Twilight.

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 11-26-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #55
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Presentation: 9.9/10
A Link to the Past was fanastic in presentation. The only reason I don't give it a 10, is two words. Majora's Mask. Rating any game's presentation as high as Majora's Mask, is just something I haven't been able to do. A Link to the Past is my favorite game for the Super Nintendo. It's also one of my favorite games period. The story, which has been used many times, is the original of those stories. The Dark World was fantastic. The dungeons were good. I just loved the game.

For a game that was on Super Nintendo, the visuals were actually very beautiful. I'd put it up there with Wind Waker's and Skyward Sword's graphics, which I love. It's really hard to say anything more about graphics from a game from this time, but really, it's just beautiful.

Not my FAVORITE soundtrack EVER. However, like all other Zelda games, I still really enjoyed the music. Will it be the first game I talk about when someone talks to me about soundtracks? No. I still really enjoyed the sounds around the world however.

The gameplay gave me everything I could ask for, and more. The large number of items, the variety of items, and the ways you could use the items, I felt was very well done. I had fun playing this game, and overall, that gameplay was just great.

Lasting Appeal: 9.9/10
I haven't replayed the game yet, but I'm sure I would definitely be able to. It's a fun game all around, with plenty of places to go, and a good amount of freedom.

Overall: 9.9/10
Overall, this game was really something special. There was not a moment I didn't enjoy what was going on in this game. If Majora's Mask didn't exist, I probably would give this a 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Presentation: 9.2/10
To start off, I thought the game was presented very well. It was your typical Zelda game. I can't say it started off as my favorite Zelda game, but it did start off well. I really enjoyed Zant as well. Even after he changed, I felt he was a badass character. I loved The Resistance, they were great characters. So, why do I give presentation a 9.3? For one, though I loved The Resistance, they really didn't get much development as characters. Secondly, I did not like the game very much after Ganondorf was introduced. I loved the final battle with Zant, and I felt that should have been the spot where the story was wrapped up. The whole ending felt tacky to me.

Graphics: 9.8/10
I'm not really into "mainstream" graphics, aka the realistic art style. Not so much that I didn't like it though. The graphics were great, and in fact, a lot of the areas were beautiful. I liked it a lot, still not as much as Skyward Sword, Wind Waker or A Link to the Past, but it looked good for this game.

Honestly, this is probably my second favorite Zelda soundtrack, right after Wind Waker. Funny, how my two favorite soundtracks come from my least favorite 3D Zelda games. I thought the sound was fantastic, and it gave me some songs that I still really like a lot. The Hidden Village and Malo Mart themes, for instance, just sounded so amazing to me.

The gameplay was nothing out of the ordinary for a Zelda game. The items were nice, not my favorite ever, aside from the Spinner, and Double Clawshot. So, why do I give it a 10? The dungeons in this game, are my favorite in the entire series. I loved Twilight Princess' dungeons, every one of them felt so amazing. So amazing that I have a difficult time choosing a least favorite. I loved the themes of the dungeons so much. I would play a game that just had me go through these dungeons without the rest of the story if I had to. Arbiter's Grounds? Snowpeak Ruins? Yes please!

Lasting Appeal: 9.9/10
Overall, I think this game will be easier for me to replay than any other Zelda game, aside from Ocarina of Time. It was a great game to replay, and so I really like that about it.

I know, with all the praise, how can I only give it a 9.5? As much as I loved the dungeons, and as much as I loved the soundtrack, the ending makes a game for me. Having a bad ending, can drop my overall opinion a lot. Though, it was one of the most fun games I've ever played, the part of the game after Ganondorf enters, just really left me wishing it had ending after the Palace of Twilight.

he wants a majoras mask review

also good reviews

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #56
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

MW3 sucks, just saying. Not even going to waste my time reviewing such a crappy game, although I know some people still want to see one. This is your review. It's not worth sixty bucks.

Infinity Ward may as well just released a map pack and slapped Modern Warfare 3 on it, because this game has not been upgraded at all from MW2.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #57
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
MW3 sucks, just saying. Not even going to waste my time reviewing such a crappy game, although I know some people still want to see one. This is your review. It's not worth sixty bucks.

Infinity Ward may as well just released a map pack and slapped Modern Warfare 3 on it, because this game has not been upgraded at all from MW2.
Well of you never played MW2 like me, then you may want to buy it.

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #58
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Prince of Persia (2008)

ESRB Rating: T

Presentation: 10/10
For once, when a case says, "The story evolves based on the way you play", it actually means that. Prince of Persia is not just a story, it's an adventure. There are four main bosses to beat, who are underlings of the main boss. The story was really well put together, the way the hero is introduced, was very well done. The characters overall were amazing. You don't get many games like that. I had so much fun watching the cutscenes, and seeing the story progress the way I wanted it to. Nintendo could learn a thing or two from Prince of Persia for Zelda.

I absolutely love the art style. While I'm not going to say I enjoy it more than Skyward Sword's art, I will say that I really enjoyed the unique look. It is sort of realistic in a way, but at the same time, it has an artistic look. While obviously not everyone's cup of tea, it is a visually stunning style.

Sound: 10/10
It's not every day I play a game and notice the music throughout the game. This, was one of those few games. The music matched the areas very well. The voices for the characters were very well chosen. Just really, the sound team did a wonderful job. Everything felt perfectly orchestrated.

Gameplay: 9.5/10
The gameplay was a bit of a double-edged sword, where the bad is far outweighed by the good. While the controls felt awkward during travel sometime, most of the time, getting to places was very fun for me. Sure there were times when the character did something I could have sworn I told him not to do, but, how many games have you played where characters don't do that? There were also quite a few glitches. I can even point out that I thought the camera could be better. In the end however, climbing and jumping on crap, has never been so fun. What really makes the good sides of this double-edged sword outweigh the bad, is the combat. Every enemy is a challenge. You can't just hit every enemy, and them automatically die. Common enemies are tough, the bosses are even tougher. While you cannot really die in this game, the difficulty makes up for that. I would say this game is harder than Ninja Gaiden 2, just without the ability to die.

Lasting Appeal: 9.5/10
The game was very pleasing, and the way it was put together, makes me believe I would enjoy a second playthrough. While I went and got the 100% on my first playthrough, I had so much fun doing it. Due to the way the levels, characters and bosses were designed, I believe I could play this game a few more times, and not be bored with it.

Wonderful job Ubisoft, this game is a masterpiece. I could give this a 10 if the gameplay did not include glitches or control/camera issues. The puzzles, level design, characters and combat were more than enough to outweigh the downsides of the game. Such as the glitches, control issues, camera issues and the few magic abilities. Maybe those issues will be worth more to someone else.

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 09-09-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #59
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

I'll be putting up reviews for a lot of games [Arkham City, Saints Row 3, Falout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Call of Duty Mw3, Mw2, Mortal Kombat..]
Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #60
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Cool, I'll put them in the OP when you put them up. I guess I was supposed to do an MW3 one. >.>