Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Isoteen
Chunin

Isoteen saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Frozen Account, October 29, 2011

Isoteen, A.K.A [Shikamaru], Equinox, Ascension-X, [Shika]

Videos spinning off of the suggestions provided on this thread

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthre...98#post5667898

I'm not here to fight, I'm here for more suggestions if this is a problem outside hacking, and if anyone else has ever experienced the same issue.

Not looking for lectures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These videos should widely explain the issue I'm having with the forums.

Last edited by Isoteen; 11-07-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Isoteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Frozen Account, October 29, 2011

I've had this. Just wait, no idea how to fix it.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Have you actually tried talking to SRhyse? He's the guy who can actually fix things, granted it's not a problem on your end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Isoteen
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
Have you actually tried talking to SRhyse? He's the guy who can actually fix things, granted it's not a problem on your end.
I sent him an e-mail on an alt account on October 30th, I recieved no response since that account froze moments after.

I'll have to send him another e-mail.

But he did post on the linked thread above.

Apparently my problem was not sufficient enough for him to look into.

"9 out of 10 complaints are really not complaints"

Paraphrasing of course.

If it can't be fixed, I'm alright with that. Pending it was not done intentionally at least. Which is my theory behind these videos.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoteen View Post
I sent him an e-mail on an alt account on October 30th, I recieved no response since that account froze moments after.

I'll have to send him another e-mail.

But he did post on the linked thread above.

Apparently my problem was not sufficient enough for him to look into.

"9 out of 10 complaints are really not complaints"

Paraphrasing of course.

If it can't be fixed, I'm alright with that. Pending it was not done intentionally at least. Which is my theory behind these videos.
You must have missed his comment at the end there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse
So who does and does not have issues? People keep popping in and out of here saying they do and don't have the issue .
It doesn't sound like he's saying your problem is insufficient if he's asking who's having problems. I had assumed until today that you either fixed your problem on your own or contacted him by PM considering you never responded to him after he made that post in that thread. Seems you just missed what he said.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Isoteen
Chunin

It was pretty self explanatory when I stated I had the problems lol

I posted last night also

But the paraphrase was not far from the truth. He did say that.

It was my fault for not following up on it I guess. Not until now at least.

I worded it a little off.

He stated 9 out of 10 theories of hacking are actually malware issues.

Which I took as "This isn't a hacking problem. Please stop."

Last edited by Isoteen; 11-07-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoteen View Post
It was pretty self explanatory when I stated I had the problems lol

I posted last night also

But the paraphrase was not far from the truth. He did say that.

It was my fault for not following up on it I guess. Not until now at least.
You posted in a fairly old thread about a hacker who was messing with the forum index page several months back. Your problem sounds both similar and different in certain ways and Rice probably wanted to know if anyone else was having problems too. Especially considering hackers would most likely try and target the entire forum rather than just a specific user.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

No one's out to get you, and I have a feeling you're reading things in a way that's not good for either you, the help seeker, or me, the potential helper .

I meant exactly what Ashen laid out. I actually got a PM from someone else from that same thread that took it in the way I had intended, so I assumed he was the only remaining one with the issue. If you say your account 'got locked' after PMing me, and by 'locked' I take it you mean 'banned' because 'locked' isn't something we do or can occur, then if the PM made it through to me at all, I'd be unable to reply to it. You'd also be unable to receive said lack of reply, in that your account woulda been banned . It's an unfortunate circle.

I'll try to continue this via PM with you, but in the future, please assume no one on the site's out to get or dismiss you, myself included. It makes everything so much more pleasant .

And as an addendum reply to Ashen's Re above this post, that is correct. Though in a few odd cases, the 'hacker' was technically targeting the specific user, as it ended up being Malware, either distributed en mass and by chance hitting them, or someone out to get them because they pissed off a highly computer literate man with a keyboard and some time .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!

Last edited by SRhyse; 11-07-2011 at 02:37 PM.
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
or someone out to get them because they pissed off a highly computer literate man with a keyboard and some time .
You've never been able to prove anything!

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote