Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #1561
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 설
Posts: 24,232
Rep Power: 18
sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
No, I'm not mixing them up. Faith is belief, but belief is not faith. I believe in the big bang, because of evidence. That's not faith. Yes, faith is about following blindly. People might get offended, but it's just the truth.
oh, ok ^.^

i was just checking because some people don't know the difference.
__________________
~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #1562
TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Special Jonin Candidate
 
TheTrueMasterofIllusions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,127
Rep Power: 10
TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to TheTrueMasterofIllusions Send a message via Skype™ to TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

I do believe there is a god.Do I have doubt at times, yes. If all the things humans have accomplished so far and with all the things still left in the gray. There could be a god and there could be a heaven.I don't think God is a big genie nor do I think God is a miracle worker even if God's capable of so. I think he has his own way of helping us. It's called letting us screw ourselves till we get our crap right!
Heaven is associated with death,so we won't know until the end.
__________________
Halloween Pumpkins
Spoiler:
Senbon, Fuji,Mat,
Annie(Anathema),
Bella(Bell), Byakugan(Bya),
Hinata(Hina), Naruto fan10!(Naru),
Storm50(Stormbringer), Abe Uzumaki(Abs),King Kakashi(Mushu), George
TheTrueMasterofIllusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #1563
MetalMilitia
Ninja Academy Student
 
MetalMilitia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crack is whack!
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
MetalMilitia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueMasterofIllusions View Post
I do believe there is a god.Do I have doubt at times, yes. If all the things humans have accomplished so far and with all the things still left in the gray. There could be a god and there could be a heaven.I don't think God is a big genie nor do I think God is a miracle worker even if God's capable of so. I think he has his own way of helping us. It's called letting us screw ourselves till we get our crap right!
Heaven is associated with death,so we won't know until the end.
True to that, Deism makes a lot of sense to me. Dunno about heaven, but as you said, we won't know until the end. Kudos.
__________________
Can you hear the call of the north star, feel its longing in your heart!
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #1564
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Ah, this thread. It takes me back to the good 'ol days.

Wow, I just got super nostalgic. I have quite a few posts in this thread, and I don't think I have anything new to say about it directly.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #1565
ItachiKakashi1
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiKakashi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: everywhere
Posts: 2,301
Rep Power: 8
ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Cool Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

i don't think he does exist I know GOD exist because I have a little thing called faith.
ItachiKakashi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #1566
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,980
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
Ah, this thread. It takes me back to the good 'ol days.

Wow, I just got super nostalgic. I have quite a few posts in this thread, and I don't think I have anything new to say about it directly.
My old posts are embarrassing.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #1567
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

St. Thomas Aquinas' 5 Proofs of God.

/thread.
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #1568
RINNEMAN1
Chunin Exam Participant
 
RINNEMAN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: There
Posts: 843
Rep Power: 7
RINNEMAN1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RINNEMAN1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
No, I'm not mixing them up. Faith is belief, but belief is not faith. I believe in the big bang, because of evidence. That's not faith. Yes, faith is about following blindly. People might get offended, but it's just the truth.
What evidence?
How did the matter get there?
Why did it explode?
__________________
Spoiler:
Don't press it
Spoiler:
Why did you press it don't press this one
Spoiler:
Stop it!
Spoiler:
Okay wise guy choose the right one and you get a cookie
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Now you go too far you blow up world
yay cookie to you

Chllin and grillin and fillin the bill of killin the villains that were willin to be thrillin my friend Dylan by stealin trillions of krill in the mills of Jacksonville.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Excellence:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RINNEMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #1569
MetalMilitia
Ninja Academy Student
 
MetalMilitia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crack is whack!
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
MetalMilitia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINNEMAN1 View Post
What evidence?
How did the matter get there?
Why did it explode?
The big bang theory simply explains the point of expansion from the singularity. It has nothing to do with what was there before. Scientists have no problem saying that they don't know what the singularity is.

The WMAP and the red light shift are both evident of an expanding universe.
__________________
Can you hear the call of the north star, feel its longing in your heart!
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #1570
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG
Moderator
 
Blind Uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virtual Reality
Posts: 4,934
Rep Power: 19
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Why does this thread continually get bogged down with misconceptions? The foundation for any logic or acquiring of knowledge is faith. Why might you ask? Every persons pattern of thinking is based off an assumed truth about the origin of the universe. Note the word "assumed." Hence everyone has faith in some foundational truth whether it be evolution by cosmic forces or creation by God. In fact, this "debate" is based on an assumed point of origin.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #1571
MetalMilitia
Ninja Academy Student
 
MetalMilitia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crack is whack!
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
MetalMilitia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
Why does this thread continually get bogged down with misconceptions? The foundation for any logic or acquiring of knowledge is faith. Why might you ask? Every persons pattern of thinking is based off an assumed truth about the origin of the universe. Note the word "assumed." Hence everyone has faith in some foundational truth whether it be evolution by cosmic forces or creation by God. In fact, this "debate" is based on an assumed point of origin.
Evolution has nothing to do with faith. It's an observed fact. Same as the expanding universe. I'm confused about what you are saying.
__________________
Can you hear the call of the north star, feel its longing in your heart!
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #1572
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG
Moderator
 
Blind Uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virtual Reality
Posts: 4,934
Rep Power: 19
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Evolution has nothing to do with faith. It's an observed fact. Same as the expanding universe. I'm confused about what you are saying.
Origin via the Big Bang is not. Unless you know someone who was already evolved before the Big Bang? :P Additionally, the expanding universe is not direct evidence for evolution. In fact, I am willing to go into a full debate about evolution - I am taking a college level worldview class which is only strengthening my belief in creation.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #1573
MetalMilitia
Ninja Academy Student
 
MetalMilitia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crack is whack!
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
MetalMilitia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
Origin via the Big Bang is not. Unless you know someone who was already evolved before the Big Bang? :P Additionally, the expanding universe is not direct evidence for evolution. In fact, I am willing to go into a full debate about evolution - I am taking a college level worldview class which is only strengthening my belief in creation.
Hence me saying that no one knows what the singularity is. But no one can deny the expanding universe. No one.

As far as Evolution goes, the evidence for it has nothing to do with the Big Bang theory. Through Genetic sequencing and the fossil record, I think it explains it rather well. In fact, most Theologians and Jews think that the Genesis account isn't literal as they too believe in Theistic Evolution. I also went to school for 4 years majoring in Biblical Studies.

That being said, I am not an atheist. I just don't think that a personal god exists.
__________________
Can you hear the call of the north star, feel its longing in your heart!
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #1574
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG
Moderator
 
Blind Uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virtual Reality
Posts: 4,934
Rep Power: 19
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Hence me saying that no one knows what the singularity is. But no one can deny the expanding universe. No one.

As far as Evolution goes, the evidence for it has nothing to do with the Big Bang theory. Through Genetic sequencing and the fossil record, I think it explains it rather well. In fact, most Theologians and Jews think that the Genesis account isn't literal as they too believe in Theistic Evolution. I also went to school for 4 years majoring in Biblical Studies.

That being said, I am not an atheist. I just don't think that a personal god exists.
And why does that prove evolution? It could be evidence that the universe is slowly expanding outward due to sin and the decaying influence that the Bible claims it has.

Please provide your sources for the fossil record information and genetic sequencing. Many Christians believe in theistic evolution, but that only means that many Christians believe in theistic evolution.

So you believe in an impersonal force as God?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #1575
MetalMilitia
Ninja Academy Student
 
MetalMilitia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crack is whack!
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
MetalMilitia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
And why does that prove evolution? It could be evidence that the universe is slowly expanding outward due to sin and the decaying influence that the Bible claims it has.

Please provide your sources for the fossil record information and genetic sequencing. Many Christians believe in theistic evolution, but that only means that many Christians believe in theistic evolution.

So you believe in an impersonal force as God?
Why does what prove evolution? I said the big bang doesn't, but that its no longer faith because it is an observed fact. The second law of thermodynamics does indeed observe that our universe is moving towards entropy. But if you claim that it is because of sin, then its up to you to provide the evidence of said claim.

Any geology book will give you the info on the fossil record. I seriously suggest watching Ken Miller's presentation on the fused Chromosome. You can find it on youtube.

As far as what I believe, I'm more agnostic than anything. But I recognize design through mathematics like pi, number e, and fibonacci sequence, and so on. So maybe, there is a prime mover somewhere. But I think that when a god becomes personal, then all sorts of moral problems arise.
__________________
Can you hear the call of the north star, feel its longing in your heart!
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #1576
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG
Moderator
 
Blind Uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virtual Reality
Posts: 4,934
Rep Power: 19
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Why does what prove evolution? I said the big bang doesn't, but that its no longer faith because it is an observed fact. The second law of thermodynamics does indeed observe that our universe is moving towards entropy. But if you claim that it is because of sin, then its up to you to provide the evidence of said claim.

Any geology book will give you the info on the fossil record. I seriously suggest watching Ken Miller's presentation on the fused Chromosome. You can find it on youtube.

As far as what I believe, I'm more agnostic than anything. But I recognize design through mathematics like pi, number e, and fibonacci sequence, and so on. So maybe, there is a prime mover somewhere. But I think that when a god becomes personal, then all sorts of moral problems arise.
I thought you were claiming it supported evolution, so I posed a different option.

I have read several books that disagree with the fossil record espoused by evolutionists so I was hoping for a good book with a different view. I also have read up on the DNA evidence so I will make sure to check out that video.

What moral problems arise when a God becomes personal?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #1577
MetalMilitia
Ninja Academy Student
 
MetalMilitia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crack is whack!
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
MetalMilitia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
What moral problems arise when a God becomes personal?
Well, the slaughter of the Midianites, Moabites, and Amalakites and their women taken as slaves is usually pretty strong evidence of immorality of those who think they have God on their side. Islam is...well Islam. I hope you can see the immorality of Islam.

And of course from Jesus himself,

"Those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them
Bring them here and kill them in front of me
." Luke 19:27

Compulsory love is about as immoral as you can get imo. Not to mention the punishment of burning in hell for eternity. I mean really?

Honestly, there is a lot more which is why I gave you those references. I don't really feel like going all out against Theism as this thread was more about a Deistic god than a personal one.
__________________
Can you hear the call of the north star, feel its longing in your heart!
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #1578
killakam101
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
killakam101 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

As big as the universe is we are all certain there is only one place where life can be found. It is located in just the right place from the sun. It's moon is in the right place to create tides. And it is in the right location so as not to be bombarded by asteroids. Not only that there is a layer of ozone to filter uv rays. There earth is in the proper tilt so as to support seasons. And it rotates on that tilt so that days and nights are just right so as not to burn everything to a crisp or freeze to death. Now that is only a fractions of the things that makes life sustainable on this planet. Now smart people with do the maths and say that chances of things like this happening is near impossible yet here we are. My God is real. Seek Him and you will understand.
__________________
I am KillaKam101

Play as your favorite characters in the No.1 Online Naruto and Bleach game

Pockie Ninja. Showdown Naruto vs Bleach
killakam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #1579
Unregistered User
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 224
Rep Power: 0
Unregistered User is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

God's only real to those who experience him. You can't prove or disprove God, If you experience God then great. If not, then that's fine too.
Unregistered User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #1580
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,980
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

This unregistered user is the best person ever simply because of his name. THerefore he is god o.o
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.