Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #61
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG Convo #29 - I hope TBC doesn't close us!

Man all of this activity. You mods should have threatened to close the bg sooner.

Last edited by Devils Lawyer; 10-24-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #62
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
you should do it. Only way they'll learn right?

And then maybe people will come back to the roleplay sections.
Tough love, do eet!

Who would want a troll migration? D=

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #63
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
What would you like me to do about that?
maybe start the healing process by admit you guys went a tad bit too far? I understand exactly why this happened but..there's 'swift and decisive" and there's Hiroshima

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 10-24-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #64
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Banning trollers or those after repeated offenses is reasonable but to put the entire BG under martial law is another.

Thats why warnings exist.

Narutobattledome could use some influencing moment right now.
Implementing full moderation was not done simply because of TBC's raid on trolls/flamers, but because of the backlash that a large portion of the BG community gave to the action of TBC's raid. A raid which was and still is completely justified. As foreign of a concept as it may seem to those here, the forum rules are not there for decoration and we can do what must be done to make sure people are staying in check. And of course, relying on drastic measures to keep a whole community in check is no exception.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #65
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
My word this is getting way too much. This is turning into the exact opposite of MVC and of course something like what Tyrant the mod, sort of did to MFG.

*shakes head sadly*
MFG lasted exactly six months after that fiasco Six months

and MFG was bigger older and more established than this site
Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #66
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
concede that you went way too far and you and your confederates step down after yielding authority back to the battlground posters and reasonable mods who are willing to combat our troll problem with the members not bully us

of course..this post probably wont see the light of day since it seems to say something you don't want to hear
If what you said about vigilante BG'ers is true, then BG'ers thinking they have any sort of authority is one of the reasons why the place became the hell hole its proven itself to be. Regardless, all of the current mods can be more or less reasonable but that doesn't mean we'll just let you guys have your way, too far past that I'm afraid.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #67
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I like the part where Immortal thinks that power is derived from the users.

All power rights and priveleges come from Viz, and is vested in the quasi's who vest power in supermods/mods/fail.

See the rights vs priveleges announcement.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #68
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
MFG lasted exactly six months after that fiasco Six months

and MFG was bigger older and more established than this site

Town Bookstore = 93,866 Posts
Character Talk = 479,525 Posts
Off-Topic = 1,120,889 Posts
Chats/Clubs = 1,553,592 Posts
War Council Database = 204,228 Posts
Fan Fiction = 48,264 Posts
Other forums = Few million posts

Narutoverse =56,068 Posts

Let's do the math. What's 5,000,000 divided by 50,000?

This section accounts for 1% of the forums activity. I'm quite sure the forum is capable of surviving without it.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #69
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:

This section accounts for 1% of the forums activity. I'm quite sure the forum is capable of surviving without it.
I would argue that post content is relevant, and not easily calculated,

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #70
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Tough love, do eet!

Who would want a troll migration? D=
It'd be worth it just to make a troleplay pun.

Ok see now I'm satisfied.

Spoiler:

Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #71
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
I would argue that the battlegrounds is based off of statistical analysis, and that my content was valid in its use.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #72
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I would argue that the battlegrounds is based off of statistical analysis, and that my content was valid in its use.
I would argue that 100 times the thought and interest is held in a single battleground post than in a single post of the forum mall club.

Don't get me wrong. I hate this place. I left early on from the BG because standard forum culture and rules were thrown out and I was given crap across the board for moderating it. But it's still has more actual content than many of the areas listed.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 10-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #73
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
One could go with average word count per post. A secondary consideration may be grammatical and syntax errors per post.

What we need is a corollary to quarterback rating.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #74
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I would argue that 100 times the thought and interest is held in a single battleground post than in a single post of the forum mall club.

Don't get me wrong. I hate this place. I left early on from the BG because standard forum culture and rules were thrown out and I was given crap across the board for moderating it. But it's still has more actual content than many of the areas listed.
It's a shame what that content usually consists of. Wouldn't doubt that this section has more infracted posts then any other three combined.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #75
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It's a shame what that content usually consists of. Wouldn't doubt that this section has more infracted posts then any other three combined.
Well yes, 13-22 year old "intellectuals" have more fire and brimstone in them than the westboro baptist church.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #76
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I also don't understand where this entitlement complex comes from. I know I didn't have it at that age. They believe everything is theirs, when fact of that matter is, it's not.

Not to say I'm old. =/
Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #77
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:

post count is irrelevant this entire situation happened because of a few idiots after all, it's what the posters are capable of..and the ramifications of their actions to the wider reaching community that matters

..this whole thing happened because a few dumb asses screwed it up for every one else..so you should be painfully aware of what a minority is capable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
If what you said about vigilante BG'ers is true, then BG'ers thinking they have any sort of authority is one of the reasons why the place became the hell hole its proven itself to be. Regardless, all of the current mods can be more or less reasonable but that doesn't mean we'll just let you guys have your way, too far past that I'm afraid.
who wants vigilantism you realize that only happened because of the lack of action against the tards. No poster likes the mayhem of a self regulated forum.

your current mods I'm afraid have not proven themselves..you had a few mods who did and they got demodded
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #78
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

it's pretty clear there will be no listening no change and the people who deserve punishment wont get punished and the mods will continue to over react and mistreat us

This is my last post on Viz media forums as a member

goodbye everybody good luck
Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #79
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

man I'm not even allowed to fire off a solid I retire post,though getting called a child who had his buddies declare martial law because Kakashi got whooped by the US military was amusing.

hope this place survives but either way..I'm out
Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #80
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sorry, mods were occupied.

I think it was more someone tried to start a flame war over a joke that flew straight over his head. Funny thing is that if it was completely left to me, no one probably would have even been infracted.

Closed Thread