Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #101
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]
Default Re: Guy vs Deva Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
Does something suggest that theres some reason he would hold back?
I'd say someone trying to cut your legs off would be reason enough to throw something as hard as you can, likewise someone trying to kill your rapping sempai would be another reason.

So unless you can show me a lack of speed, I'm going to trust that he put force behind it, and as it's been proven, force equates to speed. Speed allows penetration. Raiton helped, but without speed its not going to be shooing through trees like it did.
And suddenly you know how fast he throws them because he doesn't hold back? Lol

Trust what you want, I'll trust logic.

And your lack of evidence.

Not in this example.

I'll refer to my previous example. Chidori in the hand does not move fast, yet it pierced everything it struck. Nothing suggests it was thrown faster than the average shuriken.

Last edited by [Shikamaru]; 10-22-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #102
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Shikamaru] View Post
And suddenly you know how fast he throws them because he doesn't hold back? Lol

Trust what you want, I'll trust logic.

And your lack of evidence.

Not in this example.

I'll refer to my previous example. Chidori in the hand does not move fast, yet it pierced everything it struck. Nothing suggests it was thrown faster than the average shuriken.
Logic says that he had every reason to throw it harder than the average shuriken.

Now then, for your lack of evidence.

He has reason to throw it harder than a usual shuriken, can you proof me otherwise?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #103
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Logic says that he had every reason to throw it harder than the average shuriken.

Now then, for your lack of evidence.

He has reason to throw it harder than a usual shuriken, can you proof me otherwise?
No I can't.

But I can prove force does not equate speed.

Since in this universe Lightning Chakra pierces steel objects with little to no force.

Refer back to Killer Bee owning Zabuza's blade just by illuminating his own blade with lightning.

It would take no more than the average speed of a thrown shuriken to pierce trees with Killer Bee's Raiton chakra.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #104
Frost ninja

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
No I can't.

But I can prove force does not equate speed.

Since in this universe Lightning Chakra pierces steel objects with little to no force.

Refer back to Killer Bee owning Zabuza's blade just by illuminating his own blade with lightning.

It would take no more than the average speed of a thrown shuriken to pierce trees with Killer Bee's Raiton chakra.

Except your saying force =/= speed
The point your trying to make is force =/= penetration

If you put force behind something it'll move faster. Moving faster makes it dig deeper.

However, on the first step, its a constant. Force adds speed. You push a car harder, it goes faster. The reason an explosion moves things fast enough to send hem flying is because of the force backing those objects generated by the explosion.

Otherwise guns don't work. They depend on force to provide speed.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #105
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Except your saying force =/= speed
The point your trying to make is force =/= penetration

If you put force behind something it'll move faster. Moving faster makes it dig deeper.

However, on the first step, its a constant. Force adds speed. You push a car harder, it goes faster. The reason an explosion moves things fast enough to send hem flying is because of the force backing those objects generated by the explosion.

Otherwise guns don't work. They depend on force to provide speed.
I agreed to this.

However, in this example it can't be proven. Since there is Magical Lightning chakra that stops your logic.

Therefore, it would require significantly less speed to pierce objects.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #106
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I agreed to this.

However, in this example it can't be proven. Since there is Magical Lightning chakra that stops your logic.

Therefore, it would require significantly less speed to pierce objects.
But I'm not saying the proof is in it piercing trees. Thats all you.
I'm saying the proof is in it moving from one tree to the next.

Magical lightning chakra does nothing to my logic.
Force = speed = penetration

Force =/= penetration directly. However, without force the pencil has no speed. With no speed, it wouldn't reach the first tree, let alone the second, third, or the stone behind it. Nor would it be able to maintain its angle in flight without dropping to gravity.

Unless you'd like to say magical lightning chakra suddenly disables gravity?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #107
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
But I'm not saying the proof is in it piercing trees. Thats all you.
I'm saying the proof is in it moving from one tree to the next.

Magical lightning chakra does nothing to my logic.
Force = speed = penetration

Force =/= penetration directly. However, without force the pencil has no speed. With no speed, it wouldn't reach the first tree, let alone the second, third, or the stone behind it. Nor would it be able to maintain its angle in flight without dropping to gravity.

Unless you'd like to say magical lightning chakra suddenly disables gravity?
Well I understand the pencils were thrown somewhat fast.
But if Sasuke threw a shuriken it would go just as far.
Doesn't mean the shuriken is supersonic.
Doesn't mean the shuriken is any speed, because you can't prove how fast the shuriken was moving just because of the distance it traveled. You're missing a required part of that equation.

Time. Unless you have sharingan and can read panel time based on the authors selection, there is no way you can prove the speed of those pencils.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #108
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well I understand the pencils were thrown somewhat fast.
But if Sasuke threw a shuriken it would go just as far.
Doesn't mean the shuriken is supersonic.
Doesn't mean the shuriken is any speed, because you can't prove how fast the shuriken was moving just because of the distance it traveled. You're missing a required part of that equation.

Time. Unless you have sharingan and can read panel time based on the authors selection, there is no way you can prove the speed of those pencils.

Don't try me, shikamaru. Its well known that if the situation calls for it, I can bring calcs in and determine exactly how fast those pencils were moving.

Lets leave it though. I'm tired of arguing the point.

Deva path has no feats aside from pacing a 6-tails which also has no speed feats.

Guy has speed feats, and from a recent anime, he gets shinra tensei punches...
Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #109
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Don't try me, shikamaru. Its well known that if the situation calls for it, I can bring calcs in and determine exactly how fast those pencils were moving.

Lets leave it though. I'm tired of arguing the point.

Deva path has no feats aside from pacing a 6-tails which also has no speed feats.

Guy has speed feats, and from a recent anime, he gets shinra tensei punches...
K

Well he dodged a Rasenshuriken, blitzed Kakashi, and Sage Naruto.

Farewell.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #110
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
K

Well he dodged a Rasenshuriken, blitzed Kakashi, and Sage Naruto.
When? Because I remember him being unable to do more than trade blows with base naruto... While naruto was running backwards.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #111
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
When? Because I remember him being unable to do more than trade blows with base naruto... While naruto was running backwards.
He stabbed Kakashi, no?

Also it looked like Naruto was semi-Sage Mode.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #112
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He stabbed Kakashi, no?

Also it looked like Naruto was semi-Sage Mode.
I wouldnt really call it a blitz. Almost looked like he meant to be stabbed to keep deva in place or something... But maybe.

He was base, he didn't have access to sage mode chakra until the old frog summoned one of his clones and naruto dispelled it, reentering SM without a transition.

Dunno. Got pages?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #113
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I wouldnt really call it a blitz. Almost looked like he meant to be stabbed to keep deva in place or something... But maybe.

He was base, he didn't have access to sage mode chakra until the old frog summoned one of his clones and naruto dispelled it, reentering SM without a transition.

Dunno. Got pages?
I never have pages

I do this out of my awesome memory

But I do think he was holding him there since he put up a mud wall behind them, but that doesn't discount the fact Kakashi was stabbed.

It's a shame Deva doesn't have more blitzing features. Especially since I was so caught up on the pacing factor with KN6, it seems Deva may be more of a reaction type.

But lack of features doesn't always mean they aren't capable =)
Old 10-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #114
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Well of course. I'm well aware that neither side blitzes.

The real question is can Deva handle a 99% naked and glistening Maito Guy?

I think not! D:<
Old 10-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #115
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Well of course. I'm well aware that neither side blitzes.

The real question is can Deva handle a 99% naked and glistening Maito Guy?

I think not! D:<
Deva is much hotter, if I may say so.

And I'm a guy, so you have no choice but to agree to that statement.

IM WORKIN AGAINST NATURE HERE FOR GOD SAKE.

Actually he just looks more like a rock star.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #116
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Lets agree to disagree.

Compromise?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #117
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Lets agree to disagree.

Compromise?
Sure.

Spoiler:
ABAHAKABAHA AHA BA

Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #118
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Locked until further evidence or alternative opinion from another mod/admin arises