Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Mobile Website?

I think it would be pretty good for this site to have a moblie version, especially the forums. It is nearly impossible to visit this site on a phone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Mobile Website?

I wonder what happens if you searched this forum for that?

I think this one's a new record. Mighta been last week we brought this up again .
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

How about just setting it up so that mobile phones having an easier time accessing the site? O_O

Rest in Peace...My Beloved Cat..I will always miss you. 7/9/2012

Second Place in the 2011 Greatest Naruto Character Ever Contest

Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheelah View Post
How about just setting it up so that mobile phones having an easier time accessing the site? O_O
Still requires quite a lot of work. Forum comes as one package.

The viz website itself is another matter, although it would have to be brought up higher than what our admins can do though.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
Still requires quite a lot of work. Forum comes as one package.

The viz website itself is another matter, although it would have to be brought up higher than what our admins can do though.

I suppose so. But isn't that easier than making up a new site just for mobile phones? Or maybe make an Ap that makes it easier to access this site. Of course the problem with that could arise by how much memory the phones have and the speed of the internet connection on said device.

Rest in Peace...My Beloved Cat..I will always miss you. 7/9/2012

Second Place in the 2011 Greatest Naruto Character Ever Contest

Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
***V***
Special Jonin Candidate

***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

If you have an android phone, the site shows up like it does here. You just can't do the search box. It's also hard to font color changes as well. It is hard to log in here on different phones though.

Spoiler:
Quote:
V is the lady of destruction
Quote:
Oh V.......Hebi thinks he will miss you most of all
With your neverwavering indifference and your witty sarcasm and for giving #Baby Latte that macaroni and cheese recipe xD
Quote:
Why do I feel that V would make an almost perfect female counterpart of L?

***V*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
<Aurega?>

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheelah View Post
I suppose so. But isn't that easier than making up a new site just for mobile phones? Or maybe make an Ap that makes it easier to access this site. Of course the problem with that could arise by how much memory the phones have and the speed of the internet connection on said device.
You misunderstand.
The coding on the webpage determines its looks, and it's not possible to have the same coding result in 2 different looks for different devices.

So in essence, you will have to create 2 sites and then redirect mobile users to the mobile page.

Now there are small tweaks you can do to a site that makes it easier to navigate on mobile devices, but that only makes it marginally easier to use on said devices. There won't be a mobile site unless you specifically create one.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]

If you have time to check a Naruto fan forum on your mobile phone, invest in a PC.

Completely refurbishing a website forum so it's convenient for your private mobile device is quite an arbitrary task.
[Shikamaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

It works perfectly on iPods/iPhones, well I can't rep people.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

There is a vB mod that exists that allows users of mobile phones to use a mobile friendly style. I think I posted a link to said mod before when this was brought up.
YouTube Channel:

Last edited by Sajuuk; 08-11-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kazekage View Post
There is a vB mod that exists that allows users of mobile phones to use a mobile friendly device. I think I posted a link to said mod before when this was brought up.
That mod redirects mobile users to the site you specify. That means someone still has to make a mobile site you redirect mobile users to.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Oh. I did a quick search and found this mod that would work: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=226946

This style could be used in conjunction with this mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229238
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Though it's been brought up and discussed at length multiple times already, the main barrier in making something like this happen is that it actually tends to make the site alot less usable with no real benefit.

If you have a mobile device that's geared towards using the internet at all, like an iPhone or the better Android based phones, if your connection is good, the site loads and browses just fine. You can't watch youTube vids inline on the iPhone, but you couldn't do that with a mobile skin either. If you have a mobile device that's NOT geared towards using the internet, like the less 'smart' smart phones that cost a bit less, then making a mobile version of the site doesn't actually make it any more usable - your phone's just not designed to display the amount of information found on the typical internet site, and the only way to cater to that is to actually make contented targeted at those limitations.

If you want the page to load as fast as it can and focus on just the posts and links, you can either turn off loading all the extra stuff like images and javascript in your built in mobile browser on your phone, and even turn off much of it through the site itself in your User Control Panel (like displaying signatures).

And I write this as someone that uses and writes on this site 80%+ of the time on his iPhone in good old mobile Safari, on the front and admin ends (this post included). I even made a mobile version of the site already and played around with it for awhile way back when the idea was fresh, and all it did was make the site less usable while giving me one more thing to debug and develop .
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
It works perfectly on iPods/iPhones, well I can't rep people.
I can rep people on my IPod touch you just have to click it again if it doesn't show up the first time but it works for me same with the message box for PM and contacts.
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #15
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***V*** View Post
If you have an android phone, the site shows up like it does here. You just can't do the search box. It's also hard to font color changes as well. It is hard to log in here on different phones though.
indeed.

i've even made threads on my phone

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #16
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha View Post
I can rep people on my IPod touch you just have to click it again if it doesn't show up the first time but it works for me same with the message box for PM and contacts.
The rep shows up but when I try to type it will automatically close.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
The rep shows up but when I try to type it will automatically close.
i figured how to rep ppl on my iphone(using it now hahah)
u hit the return button instead of done or go, and keep pushing the give rep button until the box stays
or if it disappears. keep typing

dang it. i just tried. and doesnt work now. i used to get it to work

yay i did it

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.

Last edited by Kakashi Hatake_Yamato; 10-08-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #18
UchihaXSasuke
Chunin

UchihaXSasuke has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

it is easy to get on this site with the iphone4
but with the other cheaper and more usual mobiles it is imposibile
so yes it is a good idea
Old 10-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
deidara#1
Pun-isher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
i figured how to rep ppl on my iphone(using it now hahah)
u hit the return button instead of done or go, and keep pushing the give rep button until the box stays
or if it disappears. keep typing

dang it. i just tried. and doesnt work now. i used to get it to work

yay i did it
I just realized the problem is that I must close the Quick Reply box to type in the rep box. After I did it started working.

Time to give out some long over do de-reps.