Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Zoro in the Viz translation of One Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeDude96 View Post
I guess your right. I'll admit I've been a bit high-strung as of lately. But wait a second, we're you two saying my question didn't matter, or that Zoro's name change didn't matter? If the latter, then that's a whole different thing. I could care less about the change itself, I was just curious why the change still isn't corrected. (Which, yes, I know has been answered before I even made the thread. I knew about the translation problems that come with L's and R's, I was wondering why Viz didn't correct it by now.)
Your question was fine. I meant that I also don't think Zoro to Zolo is really that big of a deal. I mean if you say it quick enough it sounds the same.

I explained why it hasn't changed. Because they've already been calling him Zolo and it would confuse the readers. Not only that but they aren't going to reprint the manga just for one letter and also if they just do it
for the new volumes it's going to be inconsistent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
Straw Hat
Genin

Straw Hat has completed a tough C-rank mission!Straw Hat has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Zoro in the Viz translation of One Piece

I don't think they changed it back to Zoro yet and the reason why they haven't and probably wont until they rerelease the series in some manner, is consistency. They'd rather be consistently wrong then right only part of the time. May seem silly to us who want it accurate even if it's only part of the time but for people who prefer consistency it makes sense.
Straw Hat is offline   Reply With Quote