Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Western Comics and Animation

Western Comics and Animation Show your love for art from the lands of the setting sun!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Wolverine and the X-men

I'd like to dedicate this one to ILIKEPIE

So about two years ago X-men was once again rebooted as an animated series, this time putting Wolverine in command of the X-men with a comatose Charles Xavier guiding him from the future via mind trip... er something.

It was interesting to see Wolverine leading the X-men, and on the one hand I did like this series, but it's not my favorite for a few reasons.

1- In the very first season they brought in Emma Frost and they hinted at the FrostxCyclops hook up which I do not in anyway support.

2- I don't like the toned down version of Wolverine. In order to lead the team they had to make more moral and just, not as rash. I get that and again it was interesting, but I like seeing my crazy berserker Wolvie ya know?

3- Cyclops always looks like a loser, but the animation for him in this one was just he looks dumb. Actually... maybe that's a reason I liked it xD

And they did bring back X-23 who I do happen to be a fan of, thought i despise the way they made Betsy Braddock look weak and inferior to that cheating hoar Emma Frost

ILIKEPIE, your thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare
Default Re: Wolverine and the X-men

/Not ILIKEPIE

I'm gonna be honest and say the main thing that attracted me to the series was that Shadowcat had a semi-major role and she's absolutely one of my all time favorites.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It was sad they failed to get a second season since Deadpool would have appeared in it but it was interesting take on the team

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

no they didn't the reason for the cancellation is because they were unable to work out the financing for the show with their financing partner. It is also likely that the show did not have enough views and popularity to continue

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It seemed interesting and I would have probably stuck with it if Deadpool had showed up and becoming a recurring character.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
D 2008
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I got lost on the road to life can someone please point me to my house. It is getting cold.
D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
no they didn't the reason for the cancellation is because they were unable to work out the financing for the show with their financing partner. It is also likely that the show did not have enough views and popularity to continue
Sorry I deleted my post I had before you because I saw your other post. Thanks for letting me know that they didn't make a 2nd season though.

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." Kakashi Hatake

"The Copy Ninja Kakashi the man who copied one thousand techniques ... Is about to go on a rampage!" Kakashi Hatake

Support our troops
D 2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
You know I don't think it helped that they had a piss poor time slot and you had to have cable to actually watch the airing episodes. If they had hooked up with like, the WB or something they probably would have gotten a better fanbase. I just don't think they did a great job of getting it out there ya know?

@Nick, good point, Kitty's not my all time fave but her character In W&X-men was total redemption to what they did to her in x-men evolution, I mean like, her like, character, like wasn't all like totally like talking like this like all the time, like ya know?

Spoiler:

Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
You know I don't think it helped that they had a piss poor time slot and you had to have cable to actually watch the airing episodes. If they had hooked up with like, the WB or something they probably would have gotten a better fanbase. I just don't think they did a great job of getting it out there ya know?

@Nick, good point, Kitty's not my all time fave but her character In W&X-men was total redemption to what they did to her in x-men evolution, I mean like, her like, character, like wasn't all like totally like talking like this like all the time, like ya know?
Like omigosh totally roight?! I actually didn't mind that because I thought she was SUPEREFFINGCOOL and I was like 11? But W&X she was mad aight dawg.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

i enjoyed this series but like all xmen cartoons this followed its own story from the others and evolution

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker369 View Post
i enjoyed this series but like all xmen cartoons this followed its own story from the others and evolution
yeah, they do that alot with the animated series, although there are alot of arcs that are barrowed from the comics they always do that alternate take on it.

One thing i really did like though was Genosha, oh why can't we go back to the simpler days of Genosha?

Spoiler:

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

ill be honest im kinda sick of wolverine getting the spotlight thanks to the movies making him the lead character

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
ill be honest im kinda sick of wolverine getting the spotlight thanks to the movies making him the lead character
too late

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Ha! HA! Hahahahahahaha!

Wolverine doesn't have the spotlight because of the movies, he has it because he's been one of the most favored characters since his conception. He's been a fan favorite since the late 70s.

Spoiler:

Old 11-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #14
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Sigh, I liked this show a bit. However, I only continued watched because I heard about Apocalypse and Deadpool.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolverine, x-men