Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Naruto + Sasuke = Sora + Riku (No Spoilers Please)

Hey, Naruto/Kingdom Hearts fans. Is it just me, or does anybody else notice that the scenario between Naruto and Sasuke is almost IDENTICAL to the scenario between Kingdom Hearts, Sora and Riku?!?!?! It deals with, characters who are best friends of those who are lured by an enemy, of the dark side. They try so hard to save those close friends from being lost, forever!

What are your thoughts? No Spoilers Please! Im only at the 3 tails filler arc, so I dont know whats to come between Naruto and Sasuke. Thank you.

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::

Last edited by RobbieMar1; 09-16-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Flying Fortress Skyfire
Banned

Flying Fortress Skyfire saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Naruto + Sasuke = Sora + Riku (No Spoilers Please)

Firstly, this aint the right place to discuss this.

Secondly, their relationship is not original. Check out Red Oni Blue Oni and Rival Turned Evil on TvTropes.

Thirdly, Riku was manipulated into turning evil. Sasuke is just a whiny little girl who's lashing out in revenge against people who died 50 years ago by trying to destroy their entire village and kill everyone in it.

Riku eventually conquered the darkness in his heart and became instrumental in Sora's quest while Sasuke goes further and further off the deep-end with every new cliche plot twist Kishimoto forces on us. Sure he'll turn good at the end because Naruto will use "I have this book" no justu like he did to Pain, but it will be just as forced and cliched at everything else about Naruto.

Last edited by Flying Fortress Skyfire; 09-16-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fortress Skyfire View Post
Firstly, this aint the right place to discuss this.

Secondly, their relationship is not original. Check out Red Oni Blue Oni and Rival Turned Evil on TvTropes.

Thirdly, Riku was manipulated into turning evil. Sasuke is just a whiny little girl who's lashing out in revenge against people who died 50 years ago by trying to destroy their entire village and kill everyone in it.

Riku eventually conquered the darkness in his heart and became instrumental in Sora's quest while Sasuke goes further and further off the deep-end with every new cliche plot twist Kishimoto forces on us. Sure he'll turn good at the end because Naruto will use "I have this book" no justu like he did to Pain, but it will be just as forced and cliched at everything else about Naruto.
I thought I said no spoilers........ I Didnt read most of what you said because you are too far ahead of where Im at..... And Naruto and Sasuke situation IS similar to that of Sora and Riku.... AND remember, Sasuke was ALSO manipulated to go to Orochimaru. Dont you remember when the Sound 4 infiltrated the leaf village, they were the ones who ended up convincing Sasuke to join Orochimaru. All that stuff about " You wont learn anything here in the leaf village, you'll always stay weak if thats the path you choose", remember.....????? So, Ive experienced Kingdom Hearts and Ive experienced the Naruto story far enough to know whats what, trust me I know my blues and my reds.....

Last edited by RobbieMar1; 09-16-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Flying Fortress Skyfire
Banned

Similar, yes. The same, no. Not even almost.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Similar, yes. The same, no. Not even almost.
Very similar, actually. Read my second message again. I made some edits.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Flying Fortress Skyfire
Banned

Orochimaru didn't manipulate Sasuke, all he did was offer Sasuke power. Sasuke was just using Oro to gain more power. He needed no manipulation to leave Konoha. Orochimaru offered him a faster path to his goals than staying in Konoha would have offered so he went with Orochimaru.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Orochimaru didn't manipulate Sasuke, all he did was offer Sasuke power. Sasuke was just using Oro to gain more power. He needed no manipulation to leave Konoha. Orochimaru offered him a faster path to his goals than staying in Konoha would have offered so he went with Orochimaru.
Sigh....... Sasuke did get manipulated..... Did'nt you watch the first Naruto series????? Orochimaru only did his part when he fought Sasuke the first time, then bit him on the neck afterwards! I think he might have said a few words, but Its not like Orochimaru himself opproached Sasuke and said something like " come with me, and ill show you what true power is" Plus, offering someone power, basically IS a form of manipulation! Like I said before, it was the SOUND 4 that REALLY manipulated him! They fought him on the rooftop, and then got into his head after they beat him around a little bit! Remember???? Or have you not seen Naruto part 1?

Last edited by RobbieMar1; 09-16-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

He wasn't manipulated, he was tempted. There's a fine distinction.

Who cares if they're similar anyway?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
He wasn't manipulated, he was tempted. There's a fine distinction.

Who cares if they're similar anyway?
There was A LOT of manipulation going on between Orochimaru and Sasuke, actually. I barely even mentioned the curse mark. Orochimaru knew that it was only a matter of time, until Sasuke would choose to seek him out for power! Meaning, that it was ALL according to Orochimarus plan, to successfully lure Sasuke to him. And it ALL started out with the curse mark he affected him with! M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N! I mean, DANG! Sasuke didnt choose to get bitten! On the top of all that, there's that pill that the sound four gave him too. Ukon: "If you take this pill, you will die just this once". If you remember, THAT pill is what basically changed Sasukes personality and desires! Thats why he said "Die just this once"! Sasuke just took Orochimarus bait, Hook-Line-N-Sinker. If it was'nt for all that, then Sasuke would have probably stayed at konoha. I mean DAG, where are my props!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by RobbieMar1; 09-16-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #10
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I understand your sentiments, although its not original but it is a source of Naruto/KH fanfics at times.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 09-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
There was A LOT of manipulation going on between Orochimaru and Sasuke, actually. I barely even mentioned the curse mark. Orochimaru knew that it was only a matter of time, until Sasuke would choose to seek him out for power! Meaning, that it was ALL according to Orochimarus plan, to successfully lure Sasuke to him. And it ALL started out with the curse mark he affected him with! M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N! I mean, DANG! Sasuke didnt choose to get bitten! On the top of all that, there's that pill that the sound four gave him too. Ukon: "If you take this pill, you will die just this once". If you remember, THAT pill is what basically changed Sasukes personality and desires! Thats why he said "Die just this once"! Sasuke just took Orochimarus bait, Hook-Line-N-Sinker. If it was'nt for all that, then Sasuke would have probably stayed at konoha. I mean DAG, where are my props!?!?!?!?!?
Um, ok.