Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Main Characters

So I have noticed lately that I have started reading more books where the main character is female and wanted to pose a question.

Which do you like better as a main character, a male or a female?

I find that females in general tend to express a lot more emotions then males, so this gives the author the ability to write a lot more if they make the main character a female. It also makes them able to do a lot more things with the story since certain actions can make a lot more sense.

So what is your opinion?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Main Characters

I've read books where the females were highly prominent,but the male protagonist was still at the forefront. It's a blatant stereotype to say woman are emotional, it all depends on the author.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Bloodlust
Apprentice Genin

Bloodlust saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Males are obviously far superior to women in every way. That is why we are the main characters in most things, and of course why we have our manly muscles of manliness. Women may enjoy the smell of cow manure, but men stop to smell the roses. Go MEN!

I AM BETTER THAN YOU!
Bloodlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I've read books where the females were highly prominent,but the male protagonist was still at the forefront. It's a blatant stereotype to say woman are emotional, it all depends on the author.
No, it is called biology. That is the way they are made. And if you read closely you'll notice i said that in general they expressed more emotion.

Last edited by tsuki; 09-14-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Ino's Girl
Special Jonin Candidate

Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Females, for the reasons you said

Just Call Me Supa-Soak-That Hoe -JAFL ScrappY Approves!
Ino's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Females. I can just relate to them more, and whenever there's a male one, I can predict where the story goes by just reading the summary, and I'm usually right if I bother with the series. (This applies to shows, anime, novels, ect.) Plus, IMO, the female protagonists in books are always better developed.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

I don't think prefer one over the other, but I may lean slightly toward females. I tend to really like books with good lead females because they're more scarce than males.

Sabriel is a good example.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

It depends on the author for me.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
I don't think prefer one over the other, but I may lean slightly toward females. I tend to really like books with good lead females because they're more scarce than males.

Sabriel is a good example.
What is Sabriel?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
WindScar22
Special Jonin Candidate

WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Well, my favorite female protagonist would have to be Max from Maximum Ride. Anyway, I don't care either way. Both are fine protagonists to me.
Vigorous and gallant....
Let's sing together
Namimori middle school!

Hibari: This signature is now perfect. If you so much as add one more word, I'll bite you to death.

Hibari: I'm so going to get you for this.
WindScar22 is offline   Reply With Quote