Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
Twilit Lion (Leo)
has lost his jugular to Naijeru

Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Immortality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Even so, it's hard for me to picture such a world because I've grown up with the bill of rights. This world you speak of would have to alter that doctrine completely.

Well, we are talking about what you would do when you're immortal, as a way to justify being so.
Perhaps, I shall create a new set of laws, if I were actually to do this impossible goal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Actually, if anyone's egotistical.....it's me. o.o
Quote:
The proof is in this quote. Alex feels the need to insert himself into ANY conversation, even if he makes himself look like an idiot doing.
Quote:
Why thank you!........I think. o.o

6/17/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the Silver eyed Lion King
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your sig
Twilit Lion (Leo) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #42
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Yay! Successful debate thread is successful.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #43
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to sagemaster777

Hmmm...I'd probably Join leo in his Quest, we have the same ideals and goals, at least most. (80%)

Why is she so perfect?
sagemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #44
Twilit Lion (Leo)

Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

maybe you should join the dollars then. XD

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
The proof is in this quote. Alex feels the need to insert himself into ANY conversation, even if he makes himself look like an idiot doing.
Quote:

6/17/10

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your sig
Old 09-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #45
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

I used to say I'd rather die than live forever without the ability to die. However I have changed my stance. I would want to be immortal. After living for hundreds of millions of years I think it likely I would of evolved my mind more than a few times and ceased being human, instead becoming something far greater. Shedding myself of humanities tiresome traits and focusing my efforts on understanding the real universe would be delightful.

Who knows, living for potentially hundreds of billions of years one might even evolve into a god-like being. You would certainly have near infinite knowledge of the universe at that point in anycase. I could dig that.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #46
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
I used to say I'd rather die than live forever without the ability to die. However I have changed my stance. I would want to be immortal. After living for hundreds of millions of years I think it likely I would of evolved my mind more than a few times and ceased being human, instead becoming something far greater. Shedding myself of humanities tiresome traits and focusing my efforts on understanding the real universe would be delightful.

Who knows, living for potentially hundreds of billions of years one might even evolve into a god-like being. You would certainly have near infinite knowledge of the universe at that point in anycase. I could dig that.
So it's the "age=experience" times a thousand. I like your idea though.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #47
Twilit Lion (Leo)

Awards Showcase

It is true though, experience creates knowledge.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

6/17/10

Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #48
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Too many things could happen that would make me miserable for all those years to come >.<
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #49
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

Maybe if you believe in 42, you can achieve immortality...
/ponders

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #50
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I'd rather die. It would be so much easier.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #51
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I would want to live until I'm ready to die. So I guess what I'm saying is, I would want to live as long as i want, but die when i wanted to

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #52
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilit Lion (Leo) View Post
maybe you should join the dollars then. XD
funny you should say that..

Quote:

^ Yes, exactly what i was thinking.

Why is she so perfect?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #53
Twilit Lion (Leo)

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemaster777 View Post
funny you should say that..

^ Yes, exactly what i was thinking.
Oh. o.O

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

6/17/10

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #54
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I would want to die. I would hate to watch all those around me that I love and care about pass on while I am stuck in this wretched planet. Talk about a complete nightmare. The only positive side of this would be that I would get to see what the future holds for mankind and the earth herself. Could be the only person left on the planet after so mankind dies off. Might be interesting to see what life is like after people, other then what Discovery channel and other channels like that have guess at life after people on our planet.

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #55
Seven
Formerly TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist

Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Seven

Depends, would I age?

Spoiler:

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #56
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I don't care how long I live (though I'd like to finish One Piece and The World God Only Knows). So, I could live forever. I think at some point the idea of people close to me dying would become normal. I've already kind of got over the fact that people die in my first 21 years of life. So, I don't think death would bother me ever. I also don't really have many "loved" ones. I could play all the video games I want to, forever!

I'd also be fine with dying though. Maybe see what exactly the afterlife would be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilit Lion (Leo) View Post
Well, Say you want peace on the Earth, have the perfect plan and all, but once you die chaos will ensure and the order will change, if you could keep working your ideas and plans for the rest of time, you would mantain peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasu_girl View Post
world peace is worth wanting, but most people who want it are hypocrites.
World peace will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Law is maddening,but it is what keeps america stable. >.>
I'd hardly call America "stable". Closer than many/most, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
So you're saying that if I believe in Heaven then I will go there, or if I believe in the Shadow World then I will go there?
Any proof against that? Who's to say the afterlife can't be made different for each person? Assuming a higher power exists, I'm pretty positive he could create that.

Quote:

Another person who would go with it!

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #57
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'm sorry for your losses maik.

But I disagree:

Quote:
I'd hardly call America "stable". Closer than many/most, maybe.
Do you ever worry about what will happen if the wrong guy is elected? Have you ever had to worry about congress passing a law which gives them full authority. Have you ever had to worry about a singular cultural influence siezeing absolute power? For the most part, we are affluent @ssholes living in our own bubbles while some homeless family suffers down the street. Meanwhile we talk about helping other countries and ignore our own poor,because it's their fault.

/thought

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 09-12-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Oh god I went off into a tangent, igore thisxD
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #58
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I didn't say our government was bad, just that I don't consider us "stable" per se. That last sentence is one of those reasons why.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #59
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Whats An America?

Why is she so perfect?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #60
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Any proof against that? Who's to say the afterlife can't be made different for each person? Assuming a higher power exists, I'm pretty positive he could create that.

I mean, it's possible...

And that's all I'm gonna say.