Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 09-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default I really don't look forward to Skyward Sword

I feel sort of guilty not to feel excited about a Zelda game

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: I really don't look forward to Skyward Sword

That's how you know you're a true Nintendo fan! ;D

(I don't feel like explaining it atm)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sai's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

u better brace urself for angry fanboys.

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian

Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

In the words of Yahtzee, it will be just like that one Zelda game that Nintendo have been constantly remaking since 1987

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I don't really look forward to it, but Im probably gonna get it anyway

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen_Chidori View Post
In the words of Yahtzee, it will be just like that one Zelda game that Nintendo have been constantly remaking since 1987
This, this a million times.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
just like every shooter is a remake of COD

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post

Zelda has more Creativity then any of those crappy FPS games with blood and gore

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Taker369; 09-08-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to sagemaster777

Why is she so perfect?
sagemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
deidara#1
Pun-isher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker369 View Post
Zelda has more Creativity then any of those crappy FPS games with blood and gore

But seriously its no it's not. I could give you 5 FPS that are nothing like CoD.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
SasukeDude96
Veteran Chunin

SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I look forward to Skyward Sword. There's never been a Zelda game (of the main games) that hasn't impressed me yet.

Quote:
That's like saying Duke Nukem = CoD. Which is completely false.

Spoiler:

3DS A
mbassador

I know, I suck.

Last edited by SasukeDude96; 09-08-2011 at 09:11 PM.
SasukeDude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #13
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Zelda does have a habit of occasionally changing their styles radically following each game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
But seriously its no it's not. I could give you 5 FPS that are nothing like CoD.
You probably can.

Resistance, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, Killzone, Left 4 Dead, Halo, Dues Ex, Time Splitter, Team Fortress 2, Half Life, F.E.A.R., Bioshock, et cetera.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Meh, the whole shooting from the first person view was so 90's and earily 2000s. ;D

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #15
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I don't like First Person at all. >_>
Just personal preference, with some exceptions.
I did enjoy Left 4 Dead.

Quote:
The original Zelda has pretty much no story, and is just a open world experience with dungeons.
Adventure of Link was drastically different with its side scrolling exploration. Though, I think it's not so great. >_>
A Link to the Past is where a lot of Zelda games are remade from. For good reason, it has an excellent story and tons of crap to do.
Link's Awakening has was in an entirely different world.
Ocarina of Time was a lot like ALttP, but with time travel. The introduction of Ganondorf, and a good story.
Majora's Mask had a new villain, a new world, masks which let you do things you couldn't, great psychological story that encompasses the entire world and was pretty challenging.
Wind Waker was a bit close to ALttP/OoT, but maybe with a cooler story and open sea exploration.
The Oracle Games, I haven't played.
Minish Cap allowed you to become minish sized and explore the world in two different ways. As a minish who is barely bigger than a pebble, or regular size.
Twilight Princess was like ALttP/OoT a lot, but it had a darker story. A bit of a deeper story as well. Also had some of the most unique dungeon designs and items.
Phantom Hourglass, is similar to Wind Waker with the sea, but doesn't allow you to explore as much. It also has an area which you come back to more than once as you need to use new items to unlock more things.
Spirit Tracks, is similar to Phantom Hourglass. I haven't played it to know much more.
Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures had an original story with multiplayer.
Skyward Sword looks like it will have an original story and lots of exploration. Zelda games do that though.

Zelda doesn't remake itself anymore than any other series. It's arguably more unique than a lot of other series in its changes. It's more a matter of enjoying what is changed and what stays the same.

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 09-09-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #16
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I did enjoy Left 4 Dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The original Zelda has pretty much no story, and is just a open world experience with dungeons.
Adventure of Link was drastically different with its side scrolling exploration. Though, I think it's not so great. >_>
A Link to the Past is where a lot of Zelda games are remade from. For good reason, it has an excellent story and tons of crap to do.
Ocarina of Time was a lot like ALttP, but with time travel. The introduction of Ganondorf, and a good story.
Majora's Mask had a new villain, a new world, masks which let you do things you couldn't, great psychological story that encompasses the entire world and was pretty challenging.
Wind Waker was a bit close to ALttP/OoT, but maybe with a cooler story and open sea exploration.
Minish Cap allowed you to become minish sized and explore the world in two different ways. As a minish who is barely bigger than a pebble, or regular size.
Twilight Princess was like ALttP/OoT a lot, but it had a darker story. A bit of a deeper story as well. Also had some of the most unique dungeon designs and items.
Phantom Hourglass, is similar to Wind Waker with the sea, but doesn't allow you to explore as much. It also has an area which you come back to more than once as you need to use new items to unlock more things.
Spirit Tracks, is similar to Phantom Hourglass. I haven't played it to know much more.
Skyward Sword looks like it will have an original story and lots of exploration. Zelda games do that though.

Zelda doesn't remake itself anymore than any other series. It's arguably more unique than a lot of other series in its changes. It's more a matter of enjoying what is changed and what stays the same.
Actually, there are things like Perfect Dark 64 and MGS that you can't deny being shooting games are good. Some are good, most are the same old. It's that variety that defines a good game in general, creativity, but NOT gimmickiness. That's what I think I fear out of this game, that it might just be a gimmick off of older games. Other LoZ games minus PH, ST, and Link's Awakening (no offense, I still LOVED it) had some sort of good changes, I don't want this to end up like Spirit Tracks, I'm serious

Thesis of videogames: Creativity is the key to art

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #17
Nābris
Queen Meme
Sage of Oolong Tea

Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Though, to be perfectly honest, Pokemon suffers the redundancy-syndrome the most out of every video game series that exists.

And I give the Zelda series lots of credit, because they are loads of fun. Skyward Sword is not something I am dying to have, but I look forward to it nonetheless.

Nābris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I did enjoy Left 4 Dead.

I agree with maik, the formula for the basic plot has little variation,but each game has a life of its own. Sometimes zelda is just the helpless hottie and other times she is part of the adventure(I forgot the game where was that alter ego). Zelda suffers from being tangents from each other,but it is that diversity which keeps people coming back for more. I loved the minish cap too, it allowed me to solve puzzles by altering my size. As for the twilight princess, it was a bit hard to understand why Gannon was the main boss,but fighting him was fun nonetheless. It's plot was a bit darker not just because of the atmosphere,but because it was genuinely entertaining to follow the first time.

Left4dead was alright,but it's just too repetitive even with multiple game modes and a sheety online community.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote