Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Itachi 13 33.33%
Minato 18 46.15%
Tie 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #41
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Itachi vs. Minato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fortress Skyfire View Post
But the Mangekyo was not known even among most of the Uchiha.
Still, the Mangekyo takes some time to activate. Not much, but some. Itachi typically begins a battle in the normal Sharingan; While he generally won't use the Mangekyo until he needs it, because it causes blindness, he does go into the Mangekyo against strong opponents when a fight begins. Still, Minato is bound to know enough about the Uchiha and their Genjutsu that he'll avoid it as soon as the fight starts, and when the Sharingan changes into the Mangekyo he'll probably be too cautious to be caught in Tsukuyomi.

Not to say he wins. If Amaterasu hits, he'll probably teleport out of his clothes, and from then on he'll teleport away any incoming flames. Susano'o I don't see him getting around, but Itachi's Susano'o drains his life force and Minato can stall Itachi with defensive teleports away from the sword whenever it gets too close.

Minato's more likely to win in a forest than an open field given that his teleportation seal is placed on weapons such as kunai and it's easier to stick them in trees than over the ground. Close-range, Minato also has the Rasengan.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #42
Flying Fortress Skyfire
Banned

Flying Fortress Skyfire saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

The possibility of being beaten by a naked man. Terrible.
Flying Fortress Skyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #43
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

Amano Yukiteru saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I'd say Minato would take it more times than not.

At first I had my doubts but after reading Minato vs A and B I noticed that in one go he tossed a crapload of teleportation kunais and proceeded to pretty easily outmaneuever A and B. I'd say that he should be able to do the same with Itachi as well.

The only thing would be if Itachi uses Tsukuyomi from the get go or Susanoo, problem is that these are terribly out of character for him to do so they wouldn't be viable options for this scenario.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="

Miku-san maji tenshi!
Amano Yukiteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #44
heroeking
Banned

heroeking has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

Itachi rapes with genjutsu, this should be restricted.
heroeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #45
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Why would Minato look at Itachi's eyes anyways? He doesn't need knowledge of MS to know about sharingan genjutsu
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #46
Apollo Justice
Genin

Apollo Justice saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amano Yukiteru View Post
I'd say Minato would take it more times than not.

At first I had my doubts but after reading Minato vs A and B I noticed that in one go he tossed a crapload of teleportation kunais and proceeded to pretty easily outmaneuever A and B. I'd say that he should be able to do the same with Itachi as well.

The only thing would be if Itachi uses Tsukuyomi from the get go or Susanoo, problem is that these are terribly out of character for him to do so they wouldn't be viable options for this scenario.

He reacted with only half a second away from being punched like there's no tomorrow and still got all the way to Bee. There's now way Itachi can keep up in this situation.

I guess that's kind of out of character for him to do it but if he did it would be sooner then later but not immediately he analyzes his opponents first.
Apollo Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #47
Sasuke726
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your girlfriend's wet dreams, and in your worse nightmares.
Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to Sasuke726

Itachi rapes hard! due 2 better feats overall.
Sasuke726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #48
Apollo Justice
Genin

Apollo Justice saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke726 View Post
I definitely wouldn't say completely better.

Nor does he take this with low difficulty either.

He's definitely going to have a tough battle and I say Minato wins.
Apollo Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #49
GucciBandana
Genin

GucciBandana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Itachi is a little stronger, Minato is the same level as Orochimaru and Jiraiya, Minato is slightly stronger than A almost 20 years ago, it is unknown how much A improved, but very likely A is still weaker than Minato by the time of his death, regardless A and Minato are the same level.
GucciBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #50
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Using levels isn't too good imo, maybe in DBZ but in things like naruto A>B>C logic wouldn't work
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #51
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
Why would Minato look at Itachi's eyes anyways? He doesn't need knowledge of MS to know about sharingan genjutsu

No Minato doesn't know about Itachi's genjutsu. Itachi can use genjutsu by just pointing a finger.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #52
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

Amano Yukiteru saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeking View Post
Itachi rapes with genjutsu, this should be restricted.
Rape? Are you kidding me?

Unless you think Itachi's gonna start out with Tsukuyomi there is no way Itachi is going to "rape" with genjutsu, I mean just lol at Minato of all people losing out to basic Sharingan genjutsu, he'd be a damn fail Hokage if he lost to just that, just lol. I mean even Pre-Skip Kakashi was still standing for a time after Tsukuyomi, the notion of Minato being insta-owned by generic Sharingan genjutsu is supported by absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke726 View Post
People in this forum have trouble understanding the connotation of the word rape here.

Rape implies that said character has virtually no chance of losing.

Despite the fact that it's heavily debatable and easy to prove that Minato can put up a good fight, and I'd go as far as to say win here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeking View Post
No Minato doesn't know about Itachi's genjutsu. Itachi can use genjutsu by just pointing a finger.
Point? I doubt he's gonna be pointing a finger at a teleporting Minato that could blitz around A and B. Even if he did, just lol at Minato getting solo'd by finger genjutsu when even early Shippuden characters could get around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUchiha620 View Post
I think it all depends on if prep is allowed. With prep Minato has FTG kunai all over the battlefield and warps to any one to avoid Itachi. Without prep Itachi seals Minato with totsuka sword.
Minato doesn't need prep for this, I assumed he would but in his fight with A and B he tossed a crapload of teleportation kunais around the battlefield and with those alone he was casually blitzing around A and B.

Also, it's terribly out of character for Itachi to use Totsuka Sword at the beginning of the fight.

YouTube:
src="

Miku-san maji tenshi!
Amano Yukiteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #53
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amano Yukiteru View Post
Rape? Are you kidding me?

Unless you think Itachi's gonna start out with Tsukuyomi there is no way Itachi is going to "rape" with genjutsu, I mean just lol at Minato of all people losing out to basic Sharingan genjutsu, he'd be a damn fail Hokage if he lost to just that, just lol. I mean even Pre-Skip Kakashi was still standing for a time after Tsukuyomi, the notion of Minato being insta-owned by generic Sharingan genjutsu is supported by absolutely nothing.

Manga Knowledge>Your Assumptions

Yes Minato gets raped, and yes Minato has no feats against genjutsu, especially on Itachi's level

People in this forum have trouble understanding the connotation of the word rape here.

Rape implies that said character has virtually no chance of losing.

Despite the fact that it's heavily debatable and easy to prove that Minato can put up a good fight, and I'd go as far as to say win here.

No Minato gets raped hard, and Itachi has no way of losing this. Itachi reacted to lightning, while dieing and almost blind, even if Minato tried to blitz, he would still be stopped by susano'o.

Point? I doubt he's gonna be pointing a finger at a teleporting Minato that could blitz around A and B. Even if he did, just lol at Minato getting solo'd by finger genjutsu when even early Shippuden characters could get around it.

Manga Knowledge>Your Minato Overrating. No body has ever got out of a full Itachi genjutsu, except Sasuke but he has a sharingan too.

Minato doesn't need prep for this, I assumed he would but in his fight with A and B he tossed a crapload of teleportation kunais around the battlefield and with those alone he was casually blitzing around A and B.

Also, it's terribly out of character for Itachi to use Totsuka Sword at the beginning of the fight.
Itachi rapes with genjutsu unless you can prove me wrong.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #54
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Manga Knowledge>Your Assumptions

Yes Minato gets raped, and yes Minato has no feats against genjutsu, especially on Itachi's level
Not if he doesn't get caught in it, finger genjutsu or sharingan genjutsu; he also has gamabunta if he gets caught in finger genjutsu, if he uses amaterasu he's wide open
Quote:
No Minato gets raped hard, and Itachi has no way of losing this. Itachi reacted to lightning, while dieing and almost blind, even if Minato tried to blitz, he would still be stopped by susano'o.
susano'o still has no way of hitting Minato through FTG
Quote:
Manga Knowledge>Your Minato Overrating. No body has ever got out of a full Itachi genjutsu, except Sasuke but he has a sharingan too.
above
Old 09-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #55
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

To be honest this is a hard one to debate. Minato is debateably too fast to be caught in a genjutsu by Itachi but then again what can he do to get around Susano'o? Also should note Itachi's hand sealing speed is absolutely invisible to the human eye unless you have a sharingan.

It isn't a rape match that is for sure...but I am wondering how Itachi would land anything besides genjutsu and how would Minato penetrate Susano'o...because even on the back side of Susano'o he is protected just not as much.

As for Minato's summons, Totsuka Sword would destroy them. So yeah I don't know...I'd say Itachi wins but barely and probably only would happen if he was able to Tsuky Minato.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #56
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

There's no "valid" feats or itachi since he can get a power boost from the "not trying" logic or go down in power from the "E.T. summon" logic
Old 09-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #57
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
Not if he doesn't get caught in it, finger genjutsu or sharingan genjutsu; he also has gamabunta if he gets caught in finger genjutsu, if he uses amaterasu he's wide open

susano'o still has no way of hitting Minato through FTG

above
How will he summon gamabunta when he's instantly in a genjutsu. Even raikage got caught in genjutsu and he's the same speed as minato. Minato gets raped the moment he looks at Itachi.

NO GENJUTSU DEFENSE
Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #58
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

it's not like he would look into his eyes instantly, he knows of the uchiha, he'll go for the FTG speedblitz (throws FTG teleport, if in danger teleport again)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #59
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by super sanin 3 View Post
it's not like he would look into his eyes instantly, he knows of the uchiha, he'll go for the ftg speedblitz (throws ftg teleport, if in danger teleport again)
finger genjutsu!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #60
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
finger genjutsu!!!!
FTG@!

Tags
4th hokage, itachi, itachi vs. minato, minato