Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 09-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Anyone see significance in what Muu said?

In reference to Naruto's "Rasengan Planet", Muu said, "This is Rankaiten......". What the hell is Rankaiten?

Anyway, I deduct that Muu was obviously speaking out of familiarity with some other technique. Couldn't have been Rasengan since it was invented by Minato who was way after Muu's time. So what technique could Muu have seen before that he would confuse with Rasengan planet or it's effects?

Someone in another forum mentioned it could be something that's base to the Hyuuga......That's the most interesting thought I've seen on the matter thus far......tho it could definitely still be built on.

What do the minds of this forum think about the situation?
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Anyone see significance in what Muu said?

Could it be a reference to a Jinchuriki Host ability? In Naruto's case, Minato himself said he sealed the Kyuubi in him to not only use its power but to master "that jutsu".
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Sparky
Genin

Sparky saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
In reference to Naruto's "Rasengan Planet", Muu said, "This is Rankaiten......". What the hell is Rankaiten?

Anyway, I deduct that Muu was obviously speaking out of familiarity with some other technique. Couldn't have been Rasengan since it was invented by Minato who was way after Muu's time. So what technique could Muu have seen before that he would confuse with Rasengan planet or it's effects?

Someone in another forum mentioned it could be something that's base to the Hyuuga......That's the most interesting thought I've seen on the matter thus far......tho it could definitely still be built on.

What do the minds of this forum think about the situation?
Really.....the......Hyuga.

I think what Mu said his they should take precaution or else he could get out or find a way out.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

To be honest I think it is logical Minato developed the Rasengan from inspiration from Tailed Beast Ball (obviously).

We also don't know if any of the Jinchuriki in the past (especially in Muu's time) were perfect hosts or if they were able to control the Bijuu.

So in a sense that could be how Muu "recognizes" that ability in some way. I'm probably wrong though.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
Sparky
Genin

Sparky saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Oh the Rankaiten part!!!

Aren't you guys sure that wasn't Naruto talking?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUchiha620 View Post
perhaps Mu battled Hiashi or Hizashi in the past.
That would be out of timeline. But it's a good possibility that he fought a Hyuuga of his time. What's interesting here, is that if it is a Hyuuga thing, it would probably be something long lost, bc we haven't seen a Hyuuga attack anything near that.

Quote:
Could it be a reference to a Jinchuriki Host ability? In Naruto's case, Minato himself said he sealed the Kyuubi in him to not only use its power but to master "that jutsu".
It very well could be. Tho it would be going out on a limb to say there was a host at that time with control of their bijuu. I don't think it's a common thing for Jinchuuriki to reach that level.

But I like your thought about "that jutsu". I would say "that Jutsu" is a technique that's been performed before. Just from the context of familiarity that Minato and the toads referred to it with. Minato did say he would need control of the fox to pull it off, so we could deduct that it's a jinchuuriki technique.

So maybe Rankaiten is "that jutsu". Maybe Muu knew about the technique in theory only (since "that jutsu" would obviously be far superior to Rasengan) and when he saw Rasengan planet he mistook it for Rankaiten due to some similarities to what he had learned "that jutsu" consisted of?

Quote:
Oh the Rankaiten part!!!

Aren't you guys sure that wasn't Naruto talking?
Yes, why would Naruto say, "this is Rankaiten....". Wouldn't make since. Plus, it was in Muu's panel and the text wasn't in the fashion of something said out loud. It was in the way we usually see when it's a thought or something said under the character's breath.
^red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 09-01-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: Anyone see significance in what Muu said?

"Kaiten" means "Rotation", and "Rasengan" means "Spiralling Sphere". They're basically the same thing, so Muu basically called the jutsu "Rotating Sphere".

I suppose back at his time, it was how they called the jutsu. Just like Shikamaru's Shadow Possession. Orochimaru's henchmen called it "Shadow Binding Jutsu" and Shikamaru noted that it was an extremely old name for his jutsu, and that it's called Shadow Possession now.

I take it that it's the same with Muu. It looks like there was some kind of a similar jutsu in the past, or else Muu wouldn't recognize it.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor

NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Perhaps there's a myth of a jutsu used by the Sage of the 6 Paths called Rankaiten. Naruto's 9-Tails design sure looks like the Sage so maybe Kishi's hinting at something related between them.
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
NagatoGod_of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

A new jutsu is a new jutsu, nothing to be like "OMG THIS MUST MEAN SOMETHING".

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

It could've been a reference to a jutsu Mu encountered earlier, but then that's nothing to figure out, but rather to watch unfold later in the story.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
A new jutsu is a new jutsu, nothing to be like "OMG THIS MUST MEAN SOMETHING".
Quote:
It could've been a reference to a jutsu Mu encountered earlier, but then that's nothing to figure out, but rather to watch unfold later in the story.
Jeez. Everyone's so ready to smother out a little open thought around here. Relax ppl. I know it's something we have next to no info on. I know it's something to unfold in the story. Noone's saying it has to mean anything nor is anyone insisting that it is something that's tied to anything we've seen and needs figuring out.

It's not a big deal. It's new, it caught my attention, and it's perfectly worth discussing and speculating over.

We are simply discussing things of interest that it may or may not be related to, like Jinchuuriki's, "that jutsu" comment.Parak 111's language translation. It can all lead to some open minded possibily. Some ppl find that type of discussion enjoyable.

Good grief. Ppl do things like role playing here, yet this type of speculative debate always brings out the critics.
^red.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 09-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

All I said was "It's not something to figure out," and it's not. I'd just rather wait to see if it means anything than try and relate it to other things in the story when it could mean virtually anything. You guys can discuss it all you want; I never really told you not to. I suppose I'm sorry if I offended you.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

nah. I took it wrong I guess. I'm sorry. Guess it was more geared to Zero. Which I see now that his wasn't really offensive either, he was just mistaken about the idea of the thread. That's out of character for me. Sorry fellas.
^red.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #14
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It kind of left me puzzled after reading it, why would kishi put that in there with no further explanation? However, another translation I have read said otherwise. In the "better" translation (imo) I read earlier, It said "this distorted rotation...." instead of "this is rankaiten" and then the next panel said "it's rasengan". Because of this I am not so sure if mu actually said that or rather I think it was just a caption (because he was before rasengan was invented). The rankaiten came from an early bird sloppy translation I think (there were typos everywhere on that translation). That's what it looks like to me.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #15
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

gahh.......stupid translation inconsistancies always complicate things. Sometimes, I wish I could just go back to the time before I started reading manga and learn to read Japanese.
^red.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
YamiNarutoRendan
Academy Graduate

YamiNarutoRendan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111 View Post
"Kaiten" means "Rotation", and "Rasengan" means "Spiralling Sphere". They're basically the same thing, so Muu basically called the jutsu "Rotating Sphere".

I suppose back at his time, it was how they called the jutsu. Just like Shikamaru's Shadow Possession. Orochimaru's henchmen called it "Shadow Binding Jutsu" and Shikamaru noted that it was an extremely old name for his jutsu, and that it's called Shadow Possession now.

I take it that it's the same with Muu. It looks like there was some kind of a similar jutsu in the past, or else Muu wouldn't recognize it.
That was my guess as well.

And given that he is the Tsuchikage of Iwa, which is the country that got pwned by Minato, I'd guess that that is what they called Minato's Rasengan.
YamiNarutoRendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #17
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Muu's comment wouldn't have any relation to Minato. that would be untrue to the timeline of events.
^red.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
It very well could be. Tho it would be going out on a limb to say there was a host at that time with control of their bijuu. I don't think it's a common thing for Jinchuuriki to reach that level.

But I like your thought about "that jutsu". I would say "that Jutsu" is a technique that's been performed before. Just from the context of familiarity that Minato and the toads referred to it with. Minato did say he would need control of the fox to pull it off, so we could deduct that it's a jinchuuriki technique.

So maybe Rankaiten is "that jutsu". Maybe Muu knew about the technique in theory only (since "that jutsu" would obviously be far superior to Rasengan) and when he saw Rasengan planet he mistook it for Rankaiten due to some similarities to what he had learned "that jutsu" consisted of?
True but we will never know.

I wouldn't be surprised if other Shinobi back in Muu's time tried to recreate a Shinobi "Beast Ball" of sorts. Which is probably why he recognized the motion of it? As it does resemble a beast ball quite a bit.

I don't know but I really want to see what he meant by what he said.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #19
YamiNarutoRendan
Academy Graduate

YamiNarutoRendan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Muu's comment wouldn't have any relation to Minato. that would be untrue to the timeline of events.
Ah, maybe. I didn't really pay attention to when Muu would have been alive, did one of the chapters state when he died/was killed?
YamiNarutoRendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #20
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Well, he is the master of the current Tsuchikage who is ancient. He lived at the same time as the ET Mizukage who apparently lived in the time of the second Hokage.....So yea, that would definitely be before Minato's time.
^red.

Tags
gaara, muu, naruto, rankaiten, rasengan, rasengan planet, shinobi alliance, tsuchikage