Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #41
Anbu Leader

Anbu Leader is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Drizzy/Drake Is My Role Model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino's Girl View Post
Lol. I can't believe someone from Degrassi got this famous xD
I know
Anbu Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #42
Anbu Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
Hilarious , +rep up for that one.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #43
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu Leader View Post
I agree with you on everything but how does Lil Wayne sucks?
It's just my opinion. His lyrics are pretty brainless to me. If other people like him (which a lot do) that's cool and all, but I prefer Hip Hop that actually requires me to use my brain to listen to or engages my brain on an intellectual level or something I can relate to.

Nothing Lil Wayne spits about does any of the above for me.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #44
Anbu Leader

Oh okay, I feel you bro. So you like poetic raps or something of that sort? I like to believe that Drake uses his brain when spitting his songs/raps. But that also means that Eminem should be on that list that you mentioned. Don't get me wrong, he's my second favorite rapper, but he said that when he writes his lyrics he just mix up any words that rhyme. Meaning he doesn't use his brain when writing lyrics.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #45
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino's Girl View Post
Lol. I can't believe someone from Degrassi got this famous xD
IKR!? Call him drake all you want, he'll always be wheel chair jimmy in my heart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #46
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Oh okay, I feel you bro. So you like poetic raps or something of that sort? I like to believe that Drake uses his brain when spitting his songs/raps. But that also means that Eminem should be on that list that you mentioned. Don't get me wrong, he's my second favorite rapper, but he said that when he writes his lyrics he just mix up any words that rhyme. Meaning he doesn't use his brain when writing lyrics.
Some eminem tracks yes. Drake's old stuff yes but newer stuff is becoming pretty redundant.

Poetic raps, horrorcore lyricism raps, you name it are what I listen to.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Old 08-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #47
Anbu Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Some eminem tracks yes. Drake's old stuff yes but newer stuff is becoming pretty redundant.

Poetic raps, horrorcore lyricism raps, you name it are what I listen to.
Yeah those tracks are probably all covered up because most of his fans can relate to some of his songs of depression, not giving a f***, or his "recovery". But you're right, some Eminem tracks.

Like I said before, sometimes fame and/or money changes peoples lives. But I'll tell you this... If he had never changed his flow and ways of rapping, I don't think I'll have liked and/or respected him as a rapper. But this is just my opinion.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #48
WeezyBaby
Genin Elite

WeezyBaby has completed a tough C-rank mission!WeezyBaby has completed a tough C-rank mission!WeezyBaby has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Not a single hip hop artist that has been mentioned so far is really that good. Drake is aight, his older mix tapes were pretty legit. Which is pretty much how it is for most rappers who got big. Their mix tapes were legit because it was what THEY wrote, not some corporate label.

Kanye sucks, Lil Wayne sucks, Kid Cudi is whatever and Drake used to be better. Jus sayin.
Stop it 5, Wayne dont suck. I agree Kanye is ass and Drake n Kid Cudi are nice...but if you like Drake you gotta like Wayne lmao. Wayne made Drake.
WeezyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #49
Anbu Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBaby View Post
Stop it 5, Wayne dont suck. I agree Kanye is ass and Drake n Kid Cudi are nice...but if you like Drake you gotta like Wayne lmao. Wayne made Drake.
That really bothered me. Wayne didn't create . He just helped him, and if you meant of how he changed then no, you're wrong. Money and fame did that to him and I'm glad it did. Drake and Lil Wayne are two different people bro. Drake uses his brain when writing his lyric, Lil Wayne doesn't. Drake's lyrics make sense when you read them over, Lil Wayne's doesn't.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #50
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Yeah those tracks are probably all covered up because most of his fans can relate to some of his songs of depression, not giving a f***, or his "recovery". But you're right, some Eminem tracks.

Like I said before, sometimes fame and/or money changes peoples lives. But I'll tell you this... If he had never changed his flow and ways of rapping, I don't think I'll have liked and/or respected him as a rapper. But this is just my opinion.
Eminem still has a few meaningful tracks these days which is legit. But his older stuff was awesome.

Quote:
Lil Wayne spits with the vocabulary depth of a middle schooler no offense. Kanye is no better. At least Drake's analogies or metaphors are decent. Lil Wayne's metaphors are subpar at best.

Not saying I like Drake either but I will give him more credit than Wayne since Wayne is a brainless moron.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #51
WeezyBaby
Genin Elite

WeezyBaby has completed a tough C-rank mission!WeezyBaby has completed a tough C-rank mission!WeezyBaby has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Bro your a hater. The WHOLE world like Wayne. No ceilings was amazing. Wayne signed Drake, he mad the n**ga. If you was black Lil Wayne's lyrics would make sense. Lmao jk but you reallyn gotta find that deeper meaning. 6 foot 7 foot had madd meaning
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #52
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Quote:
Drake uses his brain when writing his lyric, Lil Wayne doesn't. Drake's lyrics make sense when you read them over, Lil Wayne's doesn't.
LOL, you're high off your ASS.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #53
Anbu Leader

Quote:
Bro your a hater. The WHOLE world like Wayne. No ceilings was amazing. Wayne signed Drake, he mad the n**ga. If you was black Lil Wayne's lyrics would make sense. Lmao jk but you reallyn gotta find that deeper meaning. 6 foot 7 foot had madd meaning
Did you just made this a race thing? I'm done
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #54
Anbu Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptor Sakura View Post
LOL, you're high off your ASS.
Where's your proof princess?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #55
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Just because the whole world likes him doesn't mean I should. Could care less what Wayne does.

If I was black? His lyrics do make plenty of sense but they aren't exactly challenging on an intellectual level. Most of what he spits about is getting messed up, treating women like garbage and being an idiot when it comes to the law.

If you think Lil Wayne is deep, then I'd like to see what you think of people like Grieves, Sadistik, etc.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #56
WeezyBaby
Genin Elite

Lmao i said jk right after..this was never meant to be a race thing. But lets face it if you think lil wayne has the brain of a child and dont use it than u are an idiot. N**ga makes bank, so stop hatin. His lyrics stick in your head, just like drakes. I love em both...look up the song IM ON ONE. Drakes hook was aight but waynes verse KILLEd it
Old 08-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #57
Anbu Leader

Quote:
Lmao i said jk right after..this was never meant to be a race thing. But lets face it if you think lil wayne has the brain of a child and dont use it than u are an idiot. N**ga makes bank, so stop hatin. His lyrics stick in your head, just like drakes. I love em both...look up the song IM ON ONE. Drakes hook was aight but waynes verse KILLEd it
No one said he has a brain of a child, we're just saying he doesn't use his brain in his raps. No one is hating, I personally like him too.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #58
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
How does my opinion and preference of music make me an idiot exactly?
Again, just because he makes a lot of money doesn't mean I should automatically consider him "raw" or "ill" and like him for that sole reason. To me Lil Wayne is garbage. To you he is deep and ill. Just leave it at that.

And no thanks to those suggestions. I don't listen to Lil Wayne or Drake.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #59
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Quote:
Where's your proof princess?
Alright check this out, before we get all cute and sassy I'd like to point out I don't need to give proof. Proof of worth when it comes to music is nonexistant, nobody likes the same thing.

But I will say you're completely WRONG when it comes to Wayne making meaningless music. Like WB said, 6 Foot had a ton of metaphors that are just so raw and clever. Now everyone has made one of those ' bitches get money' songs, even Drake. 'I'm On One.'

All I care about is money and the city that I'm from,
Sip, smoke, herp derp
I don't really give a and my excuse is that I'm young-

Now I'm not downing Drake, I haven't listened to him lately since 'Over', 'Find Your Love', 'Forever' and some tracks with YM.

But coming in here saying Wayne sucks and makes pointless music is just dumb, and you need to quit judging.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #60
Luna Mikazuki
the explorer!

Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.
Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

And he was shot on Degrassi.

COOL WIT ME.

Luna Mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote