Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis
 
Jinchiruuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anonymous.
Posts: 5,038
Rep Power: 13
Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Seal Team Six

The group of Navy SEALS who supposedly killed Osama were killed during a flight to their newest mission.

Debate: Conspiracy or not?

Key points:

1) Osama was reported dead by numerous sources in the Middle East and Asia in 2006-2008. Some of those reporters were assassinated after doing said reports on their news networks like Al'Jazeera.

2) Seal Team Six was the most elite group of soldiers in the entire world.

3) During this tragic event, they were riding a CHINOOK helicopter with 22 men or so.

So since when do SEALS ride Chinooks during a mission? Chinooks are primarily used for supply/vehicle transport or grunt infantry transport to the F.O.B or Safe Zones (Forward Operating Base for those who don't know).

Secondly, Navy SEALs are widely known to travel in firing squads of 4-9 men total. No more than that is EVER deployed. So why were 22 of the most elite soldiers on an effing Chinook? That thing has the worst defense capability/maneuvering capability out of damn near every air vehicle in our armed forces.

It just doesn't seem normal for me to see all that happen. Thoughts?
__________________
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson


Last edited by Jinchiruuki; 08-15-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,266
Rep Power: 17
J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Whole thing seems shady to me, the people around there didn't even hear anything, I'm sure copters and gunshots would've woke me up. There is also the fact that they had no pictures shown, because it would stir up trouble, you don't have to show them publicly you could show them to congress or the house, at-least somebody other than the ones involved. And it came at a time when Obama's popularity was going to the crapper, that and they've changed the story five times.


I'm not saying they didn't kill them, I'm just saying they did something that they needed to cover up.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis
 
Jinchiruuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anonymous.
Posts: 5,038
Rep Power: 13
Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
Whole thing seems shady to me, the people around there didn't even hear anything, I'm sure copters and gunshots would've woke me up. There is also the fact that they had no pictures shown, because it would stir up trouble, you don't have to show them publicly you could show them to congress or the house, at-least somebody other than the ones involved. And it came at a time when Obama's popularity was going to the crapper, that and they've changed the story five times.


I'm not saying they didn't kill them, I'm just saying they did something that they needed to cover up.

My point exactly. We will never know FOR SURE what happened. But for that entire team of SEALs to be wiped out so silently screams cover-up for something.
__________________
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

I don't see a probable conspiracy, just a possible one.

I wouldn't be surprised in the sliughtest if this was just the U.S. government/military screwing up. They've done some amazing things, but the best of us still make mistakes. If this was an accident, it was a series of mistakes, including some more-than-poor planning.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis
 
Jinchiruuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anonymous.
Posts: 5,038
Rep Power: 13
Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
I don't see a probable conspiracy, just a possible one.

I wouldn't be surprised in the sliughtest if this was just the U.S. government/military screwing up. They've done some amazing things, but the best of us still make mistakes. If this was an accident, it was a series of mistakes, including some more-than-poor planning.
How is a helicopter blowing up a mistake?

How is it that 22 Navy SEALs were in a CHINOOK for their mission? This never happens considering like I said in OP, SEALs operate in firing squads of 4-9 people at MAXIMUM and do not ride freakin' Chinooks into their objectives.

Poor planning doesn't happen with SEALs either. They are the most elite of the elite soldiers in the entire world.
__________________
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
How is a helicopter blowing up a mistake?

How is it that 22 Navy SEALs were in a CHINOOK for their mission? This never happens considering like I said in OP, SEALs operate in firing squads of 4-9 people at MAXIMUM and do not ride freakin' Chinooks into their objectives.

Poor planning doesn't happen with SEALs either. They are the most elite of the elite soldiers in the entire world.
No, the blowing up bit wasn't what I was talking about. What I was talking about was the fact that this was, as you said, an irregular situation. And it shouldn't have been.

Clearly, someone blew up said helicopter, but that doesn't make the SEALs anything more than casualties in war.

Like I said, everyone makes mistakes. If you're human, you are not excused from this rule. Someone ordered these SEALs to do something, someone else ordered them do do it in said Chinook. Transporting a high number of SEALs in a Chinook is a bad idea, and does not comform with regular military practice. But if you think about it, that doesn't really amount to much. We can't see what picture a 100 piece puzzle makes if we only have 4 pieces.

Again, I agree that it's sketchy. Even so, you're reading too much into it. We have NO IDEA what really went on there. That's all I'm trying to say.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ur Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: James Bond lobbing Status: Proud Punkarse Nerd
Posts: 11,067
Rep Power: 15
Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Seal Team Six

You know who one of those reporters were.
Benazir Bhutto
Just to put some perspective
YouTube:

I've posted this interview before. I really like the entire interview as a whole really, because it brings out more than just the Osama part. I also believe that it may have been our own government (Pakistan) that killed her, how else does a guy just "get away" like he did. Just like Osama. I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist, but this is all weird.
__________________

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 9,139
Rep Power: 13
Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

They were backing up rangers who were in the midst of a fire fight on the ground. Another Seal Team landed and engaged in conflict. The militants ambushed the next Chinook using (probably) Iranian/Pakistani weapons.
__________________
Aurego and Noodles
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA
 
Vatanui AKA Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: You know what? Dammit, just call me Vat.
Posts: 30,885
Rep Power: 21
Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Seal Team Six

Lax, the overall tally was 38. The SEALs contributed towards 22 for said total.

There were seven commandos from Afghan, and an interpreter.

By the way, the casualty was one of the, if not the largest, the SEALs had in history.

Either way, it all sounds baked fishy. Why was there a need for such an overkill? Nearly two dozen SEALs, the majority of them from Team 6, hence being the best in the world were sent in short notice. So was eight other soldiers, seven Afghan commandos, and an interpreter. I could understand the use of a Chinook, to deploy and transport everyone in one fell swoop under a quick amount of time. But that still points back to my question:

Why the hell did someone send nearly 40 people with only a damn Chinook?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
Phazonous
Genin
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On Great Red's back, chasing after Nyan Cat while holding a toaster.
Posts: 229
Rep Power: 7
Phazonous has completed a tough C-rank mission!Phazonous has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
2) Seal Team Six was the most elite group of soldiers in the entire world.
They were 1 of the 3 most elite groups in the world. The others being CIA's SAD (Special Activities Division) and Delta Force.

SEAL Team 6, formally known as DevGru (Short for Naval Development Group) changed their name but was never revealed. There is a huge possibility that they faked their deaths.
__________________
The Reaper of the Moonlight
Phazonous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
Hando Craap
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hando Craap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Village Hidden Under the Pebble (it's a small village)
Posts: 2,220
Rep Power: 16
Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Seal Team Six

S.O.G. is also up there,since seal teams are in S.O.G. units.There also be Marines in the S.O.G.s now.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
There is no Force,there is only Giggity-Goo

Mah Drinking Buddy ~ Raspy
Hando Craap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
White Zetsu
Chunin
 
White Zetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,070
Rep Power: 6
White Zetsu saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazonous View Post
They were 1 of the 3 most elite groups in the world. The others being CIA's SAD (Special Activities Division) and Delta Force.

SEAL Team 6, formally known as DevGru (Short for Naval Development Group) changed their name but was never revealed. There is a huge possibility that they faked their deaths.
British S.A.S. actually preformed better at the last whatever the competition was between the military groups of the world it was judged by a computer so no bias the rankings were like
  1. Birtish S.A.S
  2. Australian S.A.S.
  3. dont remeber this one
  4. Navy Seals
i dont remeber where i saw this, or where i heard it but im positive bot British and aussie S.A.S.'s came above the seals
__________________
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
White Zetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
Warsaw504
Genin
 
Warsaw504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Location
Posts: 209
Rep Power: 6
Warsaw504 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
The group of Navy SEALS who supposedly killed Osama were killed during a flight to their newest mission.

Debate: Conspiracy or not?

Key points:

1) Osama was reported dead by numerous sources in the Middle East and Asia in 2006-2008. Some of those reporters were assassinated after doing said reports on their news networks like Al'Jazeera.

2) Seal Team Six was the most elite group of soldiers in the entire world.

3) During this tragic event, they were riding a CHINOOK helicopter with 22 men or so.

So since when do SEALS ride Chinooks during a mission? Chinooks are primarily used for supply/vehicle transport or grunt infantry transport to the F.O.B or Safe Zones (Forward Operating Base for those who don't know).

Secondly, Navy SEALs are widely known to travel in firing squads of 4-9 men total. No more than that is EVER deployed. So why were 22 of the most elite soldiers on an effing Chinook? That thing has the worst defense capability/maneuvering capability out of damn near every air vehicle in our armed forces.

It just doesn't seem normal for me to see all that happen. Thoughts?
it was not just seal team 6 men on board they had some Regular army guys and pakistani army guys in there 2
Warsaw504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 9,139
Rep Power: 13
Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsaw504 View Post
it was not just seal team 6 men on board they had some Regular army guys and pakistani army guys in there 2
Nope no Pakistani Army. Afghan National Army forces. And one contracted translator.
__________________
Aurego and Noodles
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
Anbu Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,505
Rep Power: 0
Anbu Leader is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Seals Team Six is the most elite group KNOWN to the public. Meaning if it is said that the exact same team that killed Osama Bin Laden, was supposedly in a chopper that was blown up, then that's what either the government or the president wants you to think. Don't get me wrong, they're all in the same team but the president haves more ownership over the knowledge of these missions and intends to use it wisely. Again, this is the most elite group KNOWN to the public, so I'm pretty positive that there's an even greater NAVY SEAL/USA elite team out there. There's no way that the media can obtain so much information about something that is suppose to be "Top Secret".

So my opinion is simple; they just faked their deaths.
Anbu Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #16
Phazonous
Genin
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On Great Red's back, chasing after Nyan Cat while holding a toaster.
Posts: 229
Rep Power: 7
Phazonous has completed a tough C-rank mission!Phazonous has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Seal Team Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu Leader View Post
Seals Team Six is the most elite group KNOWN to the public. Meaning if it is said that the exact same team that killed Osama Bin Laden, was supposedly in a chopper that was blown up, then that's what either the government or the president wants you to think. Don't get me wrong, they're all in the same team but the president haves more ownership over the knowledge of these missions and intends to use it wisely. Again, this is the most elite group KNOWN to the public, so I'm pretty positive that there's an even greater NAVY SEAL/USA elite team out there. There's no way that the media can obtain so much information about something that is suppose to be "Top Secret".

So my opinion is simple; they just faked their deaths.
I do wonder what the heck were they doing on a chinook. They usually ride extremely modified black hawks.
__________________
The Reaper of the Moonlight
Phazonous is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.