Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #101
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: You with a katana VS. A Bear.

But if the bear charges at you you probably wont even have time to slash with your katana to make it a double KO, much less your win
Old 08-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #102
UchihaClanRessurected
Academy Graduate

UchihaClanRessurected saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

People, stop bullshitting. Everybody on this forum whom hasn't wielded a katana here before would themselves in terror and begin to swing wildly. Imagine a huge bear, roaring at you while you're equipped with one blade.

You'd simply freeze up and get mauled. People who say "Oh, I'll wait for an opening, one slice and the bear is dead" really don't have a clue what they're talking about. If you stand there waiting to get an opening, you'll be dead. Bears have fast paws. One swipe and it's over. Jeez, stop talking as if you're some amazing katana expert because you're not.

The bear would maul everybody here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
this thread is a perfect example of why children who spend too much time watching anime and martial arts flix aren't qualified to contribute to RL matters.

I mean have you seen some of the claims made? oh lawdy
You're correct my friend. Some of the BS here is laughable. If I was faced with a giant grizzly or black bear and I was wielding a katana, I'd drop it and run as if the world depended on it. And so would every single person here.

It's not as easy as it sounds. You can't just simply pause and wait for an opening. It's a freaking bear! Not a dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Van View Post
Under certain circumstances I might win, but most likely the bear kills me.
Yes, if you had 4 arms and wielded 4 katana's in each hand versus a blind bear already half dead. Then, you might win. Might.

Last edited by J-Sun Tasogare; 08-19-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #103
Lone_Espada
Special Jonin Candidate

Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Triple post! O_O

Yeah the bear would make me his b!tch. =/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GF:TRS
Old 08-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #104
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Triple post! O_O

Yeah the bear would make me his b!tch. =/
Pedobear
I don't see many people winning this, even outside of this thread
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #105
Lone_Espada
Special Jonin Candidate

Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Stupid pedobear. >.>

I'm sure if you had the right training. Didn't freak out about the bear attacking you. And maybe with a sh!t load of luck someone could kill it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #106
UchihaClanRessurected
Academy Graduate

UchihaClanRessurected saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki Steve, View Post
There would be a number of ways to win
I think I would
When it comes to death or injury I'm fearless, not trying to sound cool or anything I think it's a problem I have lol

But anyway if it stood up and started to swipe at you
Block it with the blade
A katana can cut half way in to a tree easy if a bear hit it full force its paw would definitely be coming off and then it would freak out and run away or be distracted long enough for you to cleaveits head off

Or when it stands up slice across the way so its organs fall out

If it charges at you assume an awesome swordman like stance and roll out of the way repeat as necessary until you find an opening, maybe make it run in to a tree just for laughs

I want this to happen to me is that strange? Lol
God damn you have no clue. SHOTGUN BULLETS wouldn't kill a grizzly. And don't play this "I'm fearless" card if you saw a 14 foot, 1,000 lb bear charging at you, you'd be out of there within seconds.

Watching anime, and thinking "Hurr durr I'm a badass I'm fearless I'll just pick up a katana and kill that bear" isn't going to save your ass. The average mean angry dog would most likely kill you. And me, you think you can just roll out of the way until you see an opening?

Delusion. And a whole load of as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Espada View Post
Stupid pedobear. >.>

I'm sure if you had the right training. Didn't freak out about the bear attacking you. And maybe with a sh!t load of luck someone could kill it.
Yes, with all of those talents combined the bear would still 95/100 times.

Most of the people here are regular people, and they think it's so easy that they can roll out of the way until they see an opening.

Last edited by J-Sun Tasogare; 08-19-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #107
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

naw because i would use 7 katanas and go KB on it like a boss
Old 08-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #108
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

I am practicing Kendo and I can handle a bokuto (wooden sword). I haven't used a katana, though.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #109
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
I cannot yet handle the weight of a katana, though I do have basic training in fending off predators - including bears. I would fight better with a spear-like weapon, though.
How many bears have you fought?

Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #110
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
How many bears have you fought?
Does a stuffed one count?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #111
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Once again, I'd put on an Afro to invoke the inner power of my brothersoul and kill the bear in one slash.

Unless, I can't be allowed to use an Afro. If that's the case I get murdered.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #112
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaClanRessurected View Post

Delusion. And a whole load of as well.
there's some good posters in this thread though the guy on the previous page and mystic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaClanRessurected View Post
Yes, with all of those talents combined the bear would still 95/100 times.

Most of the people here are regular people, and they think it's so easy that they can roll out of the way until they see an opening.
to be fair I've read accounts of Roman soldiers stationed in the middle east having to deal with Atlas Bears and Desert lions and at times having to resort to taking it on

,mind you these were some of the best trained soldiers in world history most of them seemed to be drunken soldiers stationed on the front..so battle hardened..had armor..and where in better numbers

basically the kinda guys you used to pretend to be as a kid because they were too bad ass to be real. Even then these bears were so ferocious that in armed Gladiator fights they had a higher kill count than any animal..minus elephants
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #113
Kyo Yasanagi
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i could kill a bear in less than 10 seconds with a katana

For those who dont know IM AM MALE NOT FEMALE

Vermillion rage 7 is who i b, jus with a different identity

Storm 3 Best
1:Konan
2:Yagura
3:Kabuto

I'll be gone for awhile sadly
I dont know when I'll return
Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #114
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion rage 6 View Post
i could kill a bear in less than 10 seconds with a katana
no, no you cannot you swing that sword it gets annoyed at the bee sting then hits your torso with enough force to turn a full grown thousand plus pound bulls skull into powder

you die by bear bitchslap and your insides get liquefied from the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
I am practicing Kendo and I can handle a bokuto (wooden sword). I haven't used a katana, though.
my advice to you is to slash your jugular or try and get to your corroted artery

it's gonna be cleaner than what yogi's gonna do to you
Old 09-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #115
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

The fact several people do not know what a bear especially a grizzly is capable is just incredibly astonishing.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 09-07-2011, 03:53 AM   #116
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I cause only myself to win by stabbing myself in the face.

That denies the bear satisfaction of mauling my body to death.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #117
White Zetsu
Chunin

White Zetsu saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

id wait till the bear was almost on top of me throw the katana at it, then dive away from its attack, roll under it and run as fast as i can in the other direction i dont win but the bear doesnt either
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #118
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Zetsu View Post
id wait till the bear was almost on top of me throw the katana at it, then dive away from its attack, roll under it and run as fast as i can in the other direction i dont win but the bear doesnt either
if the bears almost ontop of you..your dead your aren't driving away from its attacks its strike is going to be faster than you..and it'll shatter your bones

throwing a katana is kinda nuts as it leaves you defenseless against an animal who can rip doors off SUV's
Old 09-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #119
Lone_Espada
Special Jonin Candidate

It's not impossible to kill the bear with a katana. If the bear doesn't strike at you and aims to bite you. Take the katana and stab it right through the mouth or in that area at least. If you're fast and duck under the strike jump on it's back and slice open it's throat and it will bleed to death. Not saying anyone can really do it.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #120
White Zetsu
Chunin

White Zetsu saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

you 2 have a point. revised:
id run away as fast as i could. and if it caught up to me, id bury the katana in its throat.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Closed Thread