Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Hell?
Yes I do. 15 57.69%
No I don't. 7 26.92%
Unsure. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I'ma partyin' wit dah Dothraki and "crowning" Viserys! xD
Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryaque Send a message via Skype™ to Ryaque
Wink Do you believe in Hell?

I believe in God, thus, by extention, means I also believe in Heaven, Hell, and Satan. I was just wondering what others thoughts were. (Note: I will not tolerate disrespect of other peoples' beliefs and religions and I will report you so please be nice)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Do you believe in Hell?

You have to be apart of a religion with a place for bad people to believe in this sort of concept. :3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I do not believe in the fire and brimstone hell. I firmly believe that hell is just a scare tactic created by humans as is most religious beliefs designed to control people, or in other cases give them hope for a better life after life here. People have to rationalize evil deeds and evil people, so they either say they are of the devil, or insane and still of the devil. But isn't it possible that they having free choice, just chose to do those things and that there is no little corrupt voice telling them to do it? Secondly I also believe that we are already in a type of hell. One we humans have created for ourselves and now we must live with it. For those that say well there must be justice for those who are cruel and evil. I understand your pain and anger, there is justice in my opinion, here on earth. Eventually they get what is coming to them. But I also believe when you die your soul is not the same as your physical body. Your soul did NOT make those choices, your physical mind did. There fore when you pass on your soul is different and not the same crazed creature. There fore you go on to a different life, not in a torture driven hell hole.

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Ino's Girl
Special Jonin Candidate

Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

I believe in God too, so yeah i believe in Hell

Just Call Me Supa-Soak-That Hoe -JAFL ScrappY Approves!
Ino's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Yes. But most people would refer to it as "School." xD jk

Spoiler:
I go to a catholics school now, and it's had a huge influence on how I see things. So yeah, I do believe in hell,Satan,etc

I was taught last year that hell is just a state in which you have no faith or connection to God. Hell,Heavan,and Purgatory :O

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-03-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
Yes. But most people would refer to it as "School." xD jk

Spoiler:
I go to a catholics school now, and it's had a huge influence on how I see things. So yeah, I do believe in hell,Satan,etc

I was taught last year that hell is just a state in which you have no faith or connection to God. Hell,Heavan,and Purgatory :O
:3 Dante's inferno and Priests in the Middle ages perpetuated the notion of a fiery pit of doom.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I believe in a personal hell.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
gara my love
Chunin Exam Proctor

gara my love saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!gara my love saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I believe in hell .
that never comes unlatched
A friend is like an owl
... both beautiful and wise
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost
whose spirit never dies
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend.
gara my love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I believe in absolute end.

Where you simply cease your existence.

Which scares me.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
sakuracha!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

sakuracha!!! is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to sakuracha!!! Send a message via Yahoo to sakuracha!!!

i believe in hell, but i also believe in heaven
i <3 u crazy cuzzy looney-lyra u too amazing bro taker369,and my awsome "mom" mangagirl

- 100 hearts would be to few to carry all my love to u
MS. CHA!!!
sakuracha!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
sharingangirl
Genin Elite

sharingangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I don't. I do not believe in any religion, so no. I don't think eternal punishment for the little time on earth we have is right either. So that was kinda a turn off...
No disrespect to any religious people, though.
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?- Itachi Uchiha

<(((O)))> | | <(((O)))> < rinnegan.
sharingangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i'm an infidel. so, no.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Indeed.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 AM   #14
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I have to believe in Hell. Otherwise I'd go about my day forever depressed that all the assholes I meet won't suffer.

By the way... Hell is just a way-station. The Lake of Fire is what's scary.

Wouldn't wish that on anybody.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
The Forgotten One
Chunin Exam Proctor

The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
:3 Dante's inferno and Priests in the Middle ages perpetuated the notion of a fiery pit of doom.
Actually, in Dante's Inferno, the deepest point of Hell, where Satan and his worshipers spend eternity, is frozen and dark, his logic being that GOD is often symbolized with light and appears in fire in the Bible so he made it the opposite.

Quote:
@ Devroux: Fighting with my foot in your ass is always fun too, but I don't see any "my foot in your ass" locations, do I?

The Vicious Wolverine of the Nine Jungle Beasts

The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
Kimimaro Kaguya
Special Jonin Candidate

Kimimaro Kaguya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kimimaro Kaguya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

i believe in candyland but all the other places are just bs
Kimimaro Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Heaven and Hell are the answers that humans look for to explain life after death. Since most people don't like to think there is nothing afterwards it gives them comfort knowing there is a place that awaits "good" people and a place that awaits "bad" people. Good and bad btw are subjective.

In my eyes Earth is both of those places depending on who you are and what you go through.

I don't believe in God nor do I believe in Heaven or Hell. I do believe in some sort of afterlife however.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

The way most people think of hell? No.

The traditional view of hell seems to be that after you die if you are a bad person
you then roast in fire and brimstone for the rest of eternity while Satan pokes you.

I don't think this view could possibly be any more biblically inaccurate.

First off people don't go to hell because they are bad people. If that was the case
then we ALL go to hell because well...whether you like it or not we're all bad people.
Before Jesus died this was actually the case. One might think that Jesus sacrifice
is just a free pass to sin since you'll just get forgiven anyways. I heartily disagree.
This kind of view has a VERY poor understanding of what repentance means.
Put simply you're not going to fool God with a lip service apology. The two most
difficult things a person can do are to apologize and to forgive. The type of
person who murders innocents is likely to be the same type of person who
will not sincerely ask for forgiveness. Just look at Anders Brevik for example.
He won't even admit he did something wrong which is the first step to repentance.
He's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGG G
way to being truly sorry for what he did and sadly I doubt he ever will be. Why?
Because even we are wrong we tend to think of ourselves as being right and
when we think we are right we can be VERY stubborn. Being bad won't put
you in hell but stubbornness will.

the other problem with the traditional view on hell is that it's right after
death then it is eternal. The problem with this is that it ignores Revelations.
Specifically the part where EVERYBODY gets resurrected. How could they
be resurrected if they are in hell forever? Or better yet why would they
be resurrected to be judged when they are already punished?

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

i do believe in hell because i believe in heaven
if there is no heaven (and no hell) life has no purpose why live if after you die nothing remains but a corpse, ashes, and memorys

king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #20
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kakashi View Post
i do believe in hell because i believe in heaven
if there is no heaven (and no hell) life has no purpose why live if after you die nothing remains but a corpse, ashes, and memorys
Food and sex. I suppose.

Though I think a better question is...

Why are we even asking the question?
I mean why do we wonder about what happens after death?

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote