Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #21
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Is love real anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Mom View Post
I was recently reading a romance novel, a rather mature, but not perverted novel. This girl starts on the guy, the main character, fore-playing to the obvious goal. As it becomes obvious the guy resists, and the girl says "Wait, you're still a virgin? Are you honestly saving it for your 'true love'/ Don't you know that's almost impossible in today's society" and from there it went into a 2 or 3 page conversation about why true love and lust are different mixed with body rubbing and stuff; "Please, even when you may think you're in 'love', all it really has to do with is that tempestous demon that lives on your hips, and the deep river inbetween my mountains [awesome analogies BTW]." Then there is more stuff and dialogue expanding on everything, "You might come to love each other, but eventually it would tear apart, you should know that of all people".

So the question is, does real love, not necessarily TRUE love, but real love, exist?
And yes, I mean Romantically between two people. Not family love.
First, whenever, you think about anyone, realize that they're mortal, and will eventually pass away. So yes, nothing lasts forever.

However, that doesn't make it unreal. If you don't want to believe in love, that's your issue (no offense meant . Life is often simple and complicated at the same time, so believing in love could be good and bad for you simultaneously. It could hurt you and heal you all at once.

Love is attraction, as well as commitment and affection. Even if it only lasts for 2 seconds, it's still love. There was a series of threads by TBC way back, called "Love Doesn't Exist." My argument was that this "love" which everyone speaks of so abstractly is, like all other emotions, chemical-based. Whether it's respect for a family member, loyalty towards a friend, or infatuation with a spouse, it all comes down to those sparks and fizzes inside your head. That's why you can control it to some extent; you can love as long as you are alive. That's "real" love.

Now, let's look at "true" love. I see no destiny or fate at work here. "True" love is merely when circumstance allows for two people to develop the connection of "real" love, and then they honor it. You know, remaining loyal to each other, apologizing if they wrong one another, and forgiving each other afterwards. And even after it ends, it was still "real" and "true."

I have loved, do love, and will love. My life is based around love. I love my mentors, I love my friends, and I love my girlfriend. I express myself through my love to others; it's what gives my life meaning.

In the end, words only have what meaning you give them.

Much of life consists of finding meaning therein. I chose love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ItachiAnbu; 08-13-2011 at 11:15 AM.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #22
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
I dunno... Sounds like taste buds to me, stickers.
Well either way it's true.

Relationships based solely on romance are bound to fail. Sooner or later the feeling will fade and either someone will look elsewhere for romance in secret (i.e cheating) or the relationship will break up. Either way the latter.

Relationships based on love can and do succeed. This is how relationship works. Because partner x loves partner y partner x will sacrifice his or her
time, resources and self for the benefit of partner y. At the same time
because partner y loves partner x partner y will sacrifice his or her time,resources, and self for the benefit of partner y.

Also do note that both parties in a relationship must serve the other.
It doesn't work if it's one sided. However at the same time one cannot
think "well I'll only act in love if I receive in love." because that's just
selfishness. One should act in love expecting nothing in return.
However for one's own sake, one should not set themselves up for misery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #23
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sure it can work one sided. Just look at Haku.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #24
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Sure it can work one sided. Just look at Haku.
I stand corrected.

True love= Wooster and his Scotch.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #25
Graceland
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In that little box, under the bridge, closest to you.
Graceland saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Graceland saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Well either way it's true.

Relationships based solely on romance are bound to fail. Sooner or later the feeling will fade and either someone will look elsewhere for romance in secret (i.e cheating) or the relationship will break up. Either way the latter.

Relationships based on love can and do succeed. This is how relationship works. Because partner x loves partner y partner x will sacrifice his or her
time, resources and self for the benefit of partner y. At the same time
because partner y loves partner x partner y will sacrifice his or her time,resources, and self for the benefit of partner y.

Also do note that both parties in a relationship must serve the other.
It doesn't work if it's one sided. However at the same time one cannot
think "well I'll only act in love if I receive in love." because that's just
selfishness. One should act in love expecting nothing in return.
However for one's own sake, one should not set themselves up for misery.
This ^

BUT, as a current state, the possibility of finding such love, is almost impossible. As a current people dont understand real love, as we seem to move away from that. Currently people think that "If he looks good, he must also be good." because, we've been born with fairy-tales on our mind, leading to that thought, as the prince / princess' (The main characters in a typical fairy-tale) are always good looking and well-spoken and kind, which obviously isnt the factor in the real world, as many of the "Hotter" and "Sexier" ones, happens to be "players" just in there for the Sex.
Seduction is also a big part of the world today, as some people thinks as if SEX is a way of feeling LOVE, and that a relationship must have SEX at a decent amount. And Well-Trained Abs, and Being Sexy / in less clothes is a seductive way of saying like "I want someone to be with me". Also people think, if he's good in the bed he must be the one, tho., there's a big difference from it feeling GOOD, and it feeling RIGHT.

This is all my oppinion tho.
^_^
Graceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #26
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceland View Post
This ^

BUT, as a current state, the possibility of finding such love, is almost impossible. As a current people dont understand real love, as we seem to move away from that. Currently people think that "If he looks good, he must also be good." because, we've been born with fairy-tales on our mind, leading to that thought, as the prince / princess' (The main characters in a typical fairy-tale) are always good looking and well-spoken and kind, which obviously isnt the factor in the real world, as many of the "Hotter" and "Sexier" ones, happens to be "players" just in there for the Sex.
Seduction is also a big part of the world today, as some people thinks as if SEX is a way of feeling LOVE, and that a relationship must have SEX at a decent amount. And Well-Trained Abs, and Being Sexy / in less clothes is a seductive way of saying like "I want someone to be with me". Also people think, if he's good in the bed he must be the one, tho., there's a big difference from it feeling GOOD, and it feeling RIGHT.

This is all my oppinion tho.
^_^

You know I don't actually think this is the case.

I think average looking persons can be just as likely to be "players".
I think with enough bad relationships you can become jaded and you
rather just have your moment of fun than a long lasting relationship
because when you commit yourself to a relationship you're committing
yourself to getting hurt (emotionally speaking.) There's no real guarantee
that your partner won't dump you or cheat on you or what not. One
can only trust that they don't. But sometimes trust is broken.
I think players are often just untrusting (not untrustworthy) persons.
Though at the same time there are people who sincerely don't
give a crap about the other person and are all in it for themselves.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #27
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]

I guess the only real question is...

Spoiler:
What is love?

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me, no more.
[Shikamaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #28
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Shikamaru] View Post
I guess the only real question is...

Spoiler:
What is love?

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me, no more.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #29
jesse uzumaki
Special Jonin Candidate

jesse uzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

love is real for sure i been in the same relationship for 3 years in a row now. I haven't stop loving my girlfriend the same way I first dated her. I believe she doing the same for me. is she my soulmate idk yet. I am not the type to think 5 years from now or 1 year from now but I just do the same thing everyday just tell my girlfriend I love her and treat her with respect and we go out on weekends somewhere. she doesn't control me and I don't do that to her either. I talk to her on phone everyday. hang with her after school if possible and always be with her on weekends. I am romantic person so I always openly show my love towards her I just do what my mther tuaght me how to treat a women when your on a realationship. and so far it seems it's been working for the past 3 years now. some people may call it cheesy our relationship but it's working we always wiggle our noses together I call her love. give her flowers all the time. walk around in the bleach and park talk about everything. call each other cheesy name likes big bear, or bon bon etc.

I think the way you can fine true love is not only to find a person that is looking for true love but communication and respect for one another is the key to find that true love of yours. I am very picky when dating someone of course when i date I don't look for some random girl who i think is hot. I look for a lot of traits.
jesse uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #30
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Yeah.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #31
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Ummm, I don't know how to state this... so here's with my example...

The way you love your mum or dad. Personally if I imagine a world without them or them dying I cry.. I always want to be with my mum, dad, or sister. I'm trying to say, bonds are like real love... So I think it does exist. I mean loving a partner should be the same.
Edit: I sound lame.. but hopefully you know where I'm coming from..

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #32
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

UsagiMizuki saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse uzumaki View Post
love is real for sure i been in the same relationship for 3 years in a row now. I haven't stop loving my girlfriend the same way I first dated her. I believe she doing the same for me. is she my soulmate idk yet. I am not the type to think 5 years from now or 1 year from now but I just do the same thing everyday just tell my girlfriend I love her and treat her with respect and we go out on weekends somewhere. she doesn't control me and I don't do that to her either. I talk to her on phone everyday. hang with her after school if possible and always be with her on weekends. I am romantic person so I always openly show my love towards her I just do what my mther tuaght me how to treat a women when your on a realationship. and so far it seems it's been working for the past 3 years now. some people may call it cheesy our relationship but it's working we always wiggle our noses together I call her love. give her flowers all the time. walk around in the bleach and park talk about everything. call each other cheesy name likes big bear, or bon bon etc.

I think the way you can fine true love is not only to find a person that is looking for true love but communication and respect for one another is the key to find that true love of yours. I am very picky when dating someone of course when i date I don't look for some random girl who i think is hot. I look for a lot of traits.
^First off, I just want to say... Good for you. It's great to hear thing's like that. It's stuff like this that give's me hope that not all people just want sex and thing's like that.

I'm fortunate enough to be surrounded by love. My parent's love each other very much and taught me that no matter, if you truely love that person, you can make it work. I can happily say that I'm in love with someone right now and it's a amazing feeling. I do believe what my parent's say too.. me and this person have been through a lot together and still feel love for each other. We are actually not dating right now but the only reason is because there is a age difference. I know what your thinking, no he's not some ridiculously old age while I'm wayy younger, no. He is 18 and I'm 15 and we didn't just meet somewhere randomly and "hook up". He's my best friend's brother and I've known him since I was in third grade or so. This isn't lustful and we're not secrectly meeting up or anything like so many people assume, we haven't even kissed each other yet. We're waiting till I am of legal age to date. We love each other and want to do this right, so we're respecting my parent's wishes and the law's so we can be together without any difficulties. We talk everyday and tell each other everything and have become the best of friends. He also tell's me that if I ever change my mind and want to be with someone else, that he will understand and just wants me to be happy. That to me is true love. When you just want the other to be happy and will wait for them no matter what.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off into my own love story or anything. I just felt I needed to explain why I believe real true love is out there from experience.

& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

Last edited by UsagiMizuki; 08-10-2011 at 05:53 PM.
UsagiMizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #33
The Second Pornkage
The White Flash

The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

*thumbs up* haha, of course there is! I remember feeling it, long before. I don't believe in "the one" cuz seriously, if there was one person meant for you, the odds of actually finding them would be one in the earths population (well, of that gender at least). I don't know if I've experienced it for real; love is something that's hard to put a finger on. But I felt something, and not like when you see an attractive person and ya go "BLAAARGHLARGHARAGHA!" either. It's...different, and I have faith that I'll feel it again as I did those times back when I was younger

"You know what your problem is? I'm too good looking." -Michael Kelso, That '70s Show

The Second Pornkage is offline   Reply With Quote