Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default New Moon's Eye Plan?

I have a notion (not a prediction) I'd like to explore with the help of the forum members.
  • Do we assume that the Moon's Eye Plan is employed in the same manner as an ocular jutsu? I think Madara said it would be "projected" from the moon, which implies that it operates like an ocular power.
  • Do we assume that all ocular genjutsu powers require some kind of light/line of sight? For instance, defeating MS is as easy as not looking at the MS-wielder's eye.
  • Given the above, does it seem reasonable that the Moon's Eye Plan jutsu could be weakened or even broken by a new moon? Could the jutsu be cyclical, waxing and waning with the phases of the moon?

I'm aware that Shusui's power might be an exception, but I'm not sure that's really confirmed. All the Dojutsu I know about either require the ability to see/be seen by the target (transmission of light), or there is no solid evidence that they don't require this.

The reason I ask is because it seems likely that this could lead to the Moon's Eye Plan being pulled off without destroying the possibility of Madara losing ultimately.

--George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Jutsu Junkie; 07-27-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: New Moon's Eye Plan?

The moons eye will become like a "Plague". I think it'd be a one time genjutsu. Once you're caught, that's it. Remember how fu and Torune had been in Madara's illusion for several "months" or so? they weren't constantly looking into his eyes were they...

what if: by plague i mean, once a person is caught in Madara's moon's eye, his Sharingan is projected onto you and you become like a plague. Even those who avoid to look into the moon will have to also avoid looking into the eyes of any human being who's been caught. So imagine family members avoiding others (kinda like the zombie effect)...Turning the whole episode into Horror... Now that'd be fun.

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: New Moon's Eye Plan?

That's an interesting thought, although it still leaves chinks in the armor, since not everyone would be effected right away.

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dojutsu, madara, moon's eye plan, sharingan