Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #21
boman265
Apprentice Genin

boman265 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why is being a pedophile a mental disorder, but being gay isn't

When I said undesirable I meant from a reproduction standpoint if you believe that is an organisms main goal. (I just want to stick to science there may be reasons from a higher power we don't understand) And when I say "intend" I mean the natural selection process in which traits that help survival and reproduction are passed and ones that hinder those things eventually fade out. I apologise for not clarifying what I meant earlier. But your right homosexuals may very well have a place for reasons we don't and can't understand. I just wanted to look at it from a purely scientific standpoint which is hard to do with this subject.

Last edited by boman265; 07-26-2011 at 05:09 PM.
boman265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #22
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boman265 View Post
nature wants us to reproduce and spread our genes
Whereas I couldn't care less what nature wants for me and rather care about what I want for myself.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

So.... Is homosexuality Natural Selection?

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

You don't choose who you're attracted to, you CHOOSE to act on that attraction.

A gay man CHOOSES to have relations with another gay man.
Just as a straight man CHOOSES to get in some girls pants.
And just like a pedo CHOOSES to rape that little boy.

The attractions not the issue, the issue is the self control or lack there of in others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #25
boman265
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
So.... Is homosexuality Natural Selection?
What do you mean? It may be somthing that occurs within natural selection.

And your right a gay man chooses to or not to have sex with another guy.
But he does not choose the fact that he's attracted to them.
But your 100% correct in that its his choice to act on those urges but isn't responsible in any way for the urges themselves.

Last edited by boman265; 07-26-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
What do you mean?
Quote:
When I said undesirable I meant from a reproduction standpoint if you believe that is an organisms main goal. (I just want to stick to science there may be reasons from a higher power we don't understand) And when I say "intend" I mean the natural selection process in which traits that help survival and reproduction are passed and ones that hinder those things eventually fade out. I apologise for not clarifying what I meant earlier. But your right homosexuals may very well have a place for reasons we don't and can't understand. I just wanted to look at it from a purely scientific standpoint which is hard to do with this subject.
You said it's an undesirable trait, and then the above bold.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Old 07-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
boman265
Apprentice Genin

So yes I guess it may be a product of Natural Selection in that it happens in nature. And when I say nature intend for us to reproduce I just meant that as a scientific answer for being not a religious or philosophical one. I don't in any way mean that its bad to be gay or people have their own reasons for being who they are just that I think in science we can all agree that a common goal that all living things share is to reproduce and that being homosexual makes reproduction statisticly less likely to occur. I think that it is most likely a biological disorder though and definatly don't think its a mental one.

Last edited by boman265; 07-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #28
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
And when I say nature intend for us to reproduce I just meant that as a scientific answer for being not a religious or philosophical.
I know. I wasn't responding religiously. Perhaps philosophically. I simply wanted to object to the idea that I have to do something because nature wants me to, despite the fact that you weren't really saying that. Also that nature "wants" anything. That's more philosophical than scientific.

Last edited by deidara330; 07-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #29
boman265
Apprentice Genin

Like I said in previous posts don't get hung up on when I said "nature wants". I think I've thoroughly explained I meant Natural Selection(that all things spread genes that help their species survive in their gene pool and genes that don't fade out) when I said "nature wants."

Last edited by boman265; 07-26-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #30
deidara330
Mr. Serious

I like being technical. That's all.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #31
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceK View Post
Since both you can't really control who your're attracted too, I don't really see why one should be categorized as a mental disorder and one isn't.
Because society is full of hypocritical fools and white knight moronic mentality that the people would rather ignore the scientific facts of the situation. There is nothing different about them on a scientific level. The only reason gays even defend its difference is because of the stigma attached to pedophilia and its virus like tendency to destroy the positive reputation of whatever is related to it.

The difference between them is purely metaphysical, held within the mind of society. Pedophilia has been around since recorded time, and in many of the main civilizations of the past it was accepted in one way or another. Many of Americas founders were pedos by todays standards, as were many of the greatest leaders in human history. Each evolution of society finds another reason to justify their reasons for or against it, when this society falls another will take a place and the process will repeat, and eventually we will come to accept it again, and then again outlaw it. The only argument/excuse against the early days was an short life span on average. Which is faulty on its own anyways because that entire argument is based around the concept of it being dangerous for children to birth children or engage in sexual activity. The physical dangers carry some merit, the risk is increased at an early age. Mental damage however is completely subjective and the only true argument against pedophilia now.
So society blissfully brands pedophiles as monsters due to a subjective ideal that means nothing anymore. Children of today are exposed to sexual content to such an extent that on average a young teenager will do more sexual acts and be more sexually aware of themself and others than their parents were when they reached the legal drinking age.

Further more, that it is so wrong and unnatural is an ideal going against genetics. Females are wired to want a male older than themselves because older males will have more worldly experience and will provide better protection (in any meaning of the word) than a younger male. Which also stems back to the more animal like instincts we have, because competition between older males means that a male has to prove themselves a better fit father than the other experienced males. It's akin to the difference between having two cubs fight for you and two lions. It doesn't matter which cub wins, they are still a cub.
Males are wired to want females younger than themselves because younger females have less chances of birth failure and are generally able of producing milk in higher quantities for their children and have more energy to take care of them. They also typically have more eggs being younger, thus able of producing more children.

Its important to remember that pedophilia does not mean a 60 year old man that likes 12 year olds. It means attraction to a specific age group by someone that is outside of said age group. A 16 year old that likes 12 year olds will be classified as a pedo. If you are to get technical and overly anal about it, a 13 year old would be one too, as pedophilia is pre-pubescent children, almost always universally defined as someone between the ages of about 10-12. So yes, that by the definition makes the 13 year old a pedo. What a monster.
In short, the stigma against pedophilia is a bunch of bullshit crap that holds society back from reflecting that it itself has made their children exactly what they hated pedos from doing--becoming sexually aware beings. That is why everything involving them needs to be on a case by case basis.

A long time ago I was already helping my father invest in the stock market and thinking of how best to manage my retirement fund with the current economic rates, and making corrections based on an assumed future of the economy. And then I had to take a gander at the housing market of course since that would be one of my biggest investments toward myself. Weighing my assumed average pay at that period of time against a variety of factors. Plus I had to consider my family and their expenses and to make sure I had money to live comfortably while maintaining a future for myself and my children--such as college funds. One part of a great many calculations and possibilities I thought of, and still do.

Why did I tell you all of that? Because I started doing that when I was 11. And people have the nerve to tell me I wasn't mentally developed enough to consent to sex? Go screw yourself, so you were a typical dumbass 11 year old, yay, not everyone develops at the same rate. I skipped the teenage years and moved right to 20+. Which is why now at the age of 19 I mentally feel 30 and all the glorious tiredness that comes with it. Constant stress of life does that to you. I knew damn well what it meant to have sex, and even more so with someone far older than me.

Back to the main topic though, we do have cases of 60 year old men going after 12 year old girls. The difference is judging whether the girl is capable of actually giving consent with understanding. As it is, there are more than enough cases of this happening and the child defending their actions. All of which is thrown aside under the guise of the child not being mature enough to know shes/hes been "duped" into thinking they had something special. When no one infact knows anything. People would of told me the same thing, completely ignoring the fact that I was very much aware of the differences between sex and love. And then someone innocent would of been thrown to rot in prison, and then later ruined forever with the sex offender branded on their record. I knew of a relationship like this, said relationship eventually led to them being married and having children after the younger one was older. And now they are content and happy. Freaks. That doesn't mean every case is wrong and that every pedo is a friendly misunderstood person. There are plenty of people that do bad things to children. That problem however isn't because they are a pedo, the problem is themself. We don't call people that rape women anything other than a rapist. We call people that rape children pedos, and this is the wrong use of the term and you will often find that researchers and psychologists that have knowledge of this field will say the same thing. For the same reason calling someone that has sex with a toddler a pedo is wrong. That isn't a pedo, they have another term for it, because the mindset of the person is completely different. A pedo only likes pre-pubescent children in the age range of about 9-12. You can't compare someone that likes 12 year olds sexually to someone that likes infants sexually. The mindset and psychology involved are completely different. Those that do compare them equally are fools and do not understand anything about the science behind it and should go under a rock in shame for making our species that much worse. If you are one of those people, then pat yourself on the back, you're like the other billions of morons.

The point is that pedophilia has an automatic stigma attached to it that is full of so many holes that it makes Swiss cheese blush. Anything positive or logical about it is thrown aside for the sake of trying to make our species look better. And that's all it comes down to in the end, people not wanting to accept what we are. Which ties into the struggles of the gays.
Or might I remind everyone that in the past being gay was considered (among many, many other equally undesirable things) a mental disorder?

You asked what the difference between them was. Nothing.

/Rant

Last edited by Vornmusion; 07-27-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
The Second Pornkage
The White Flash

The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

...^that

"You know what your problem is? I'm too good looking." -Michael Kelso, That '70s Show

The Second Pornkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #33
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

What Vorn said.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #34
Ino's Girl
Special Jonin Candidate

Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

^ What he said

Just Call Me Supa-Soak-That Hoe -JAFL ScrappY Approves!
Ino's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #35
The Second Pornkage
The White Flash

The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

What she said that he said that he said that I said that Vorn said

"You know what your problem is? I'm too good looking." -Michael Kelso, That '70s Show

The Second Pornkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #36
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Honestly I think the reason that homosexuals defend the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia is because it seems that a lot of ignorant people believe that they are one in the same. Not all pedophiles are homosexual. Not all homosexuals are pedophiles. Homosexuality =/= pedophilia. Maybe on some level the reason that people are whichever of the two is the same, but the actual...idk, tendencies? are not the same.

/Heil

Last edited by Nick Tasogare; 07-26-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #37
jesse uzumaki
Special Jonin Candidate

jesse uzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

will being gay your born gay. humans are not the only species to be gay even animals have been documented as loving the same sex. when a man or a women is gay they date other gay people just like a straight person dates another straight person.

as for pedophiles when pedophiles prey upon children they child is traumatized and is hurt. children are not mint to be in any sexual activity whats so ever.

when you watch cases about pedophiles like in law and order for example they always seem to play mind games with children. always using tricks or mental control on them does that seem normal too you?
jesse uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #38
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

The main difference would be that with Pedophilia the child "wouldn't know better"
whereas with gays it's two consenting adults.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #39
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]

Common sense. There is a difference.

A child is incapable of making a choice, and simply isn't attracted to anyone yet. It's a matter of protecting the innocent party, the child.

Men on men is a choice by both parties. It doesn't matter if it's immoral. They're both grown adults, what they do with each other is under the judgement of only morals.
[Shikamaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #40
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Shikamaru] View Post
Common sense. There is a difference.

A child is incapable of making a choice, and simply isn't attracted to anyone yet. It's a matter of protecting the innocent party, the child.

Men on men is a choice by both parties. It doesn't matter if it's immoral. They're both grown adults, what they do with each other is under the judgement of only morals.
Spoiler:

And for someone that speaks of common sense you show none. Sexual activities of a gay nature are not limited to male on male, nor are they limited to people over the age of consent.

Last edited by Vornmusion; 07-27-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote