Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Proud To Be Asian
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
Proud To Be Asian has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Default Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

The movie studio that will make it are Warner Bros, I personally don't like the idea, not because made by westerners but because WB are choosing the wrong actors and actresses for the movie that are westerners which should have been Asian actors and actresses.

Do any of you still remember what happened to DBZ live action which sucked so bad that the movie studio who made it are cancelling their plan to make a sequel for it? Not to mention the hate they draw to themselves and to western cosplayers from Anime fans world wide.

They should accept the fact that Anime fans don't like Anime to be portrayed by westerners, western cosplayers being dissed by Anime fans also should open their eyes to that facts.

What about you, who do you like to portray Anime characters, Asians or westerners? And what do you think of the upcoming Bleach live action movie?
Proud To Be Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian
 
Rasen_Chidori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,362
Rep Power: 17
Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

You're way too focused on the fact that the actors/actresses are of a certain race. It doesn't matter what race they are, what matters is if they have the right acting skills to portray the part. No point getting a look alike to play a part if they can't act their way out of a tin can
__________________
"Can you believe in this?"

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Proud To Be Asian
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
Proud To Be Asian has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

DBZ fans especially in Japan are in rage when seeing the fail live action version of DBZ, it is logical because anyone would hurt and mad when seeing the one they love, respect and adored are ruined by other peoples. A live action version would end as failure when the cast are not looking like the characters they one they try to portray.

I'm currently looking for Rukia and Orihime cast right now, I will update the original post when I'm done.

Anyway, did viz has anything to do with it?

Last edited by Proud To Be Asian; 06-26-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Proud To Be Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian
 
Rasen_Chidori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,362
Rep Power: 17
Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Live action films based on an anime typically do badly regardless of who plays the part, look at any live action film, you will find it VERY hard to find one that did really well. The main reason for this is that it is extremely hard to imitate what happens in an anime in live action, in fact it is near impossible in a lot of cases.

The reason that certain live action films did badly has nothing to do with who acted out the parts and everything to do with.

1) Lack of money to pay for the special effects needed to imitate the anime.

2) The fact that there are very few actors who are skilled enough to portray an anime character effectively, and those who are, are either too expensive for the companies to afford or too old/look nothing like the character they will be portraying.

One of the most common problems that actors run into when portraying an anime character, is over acting. This is because most anime characters have very distinct and often over-the-top personalities and as a result when actors attempt to re create this personality, they over so it and it ends up looking really bad.
__________________
"Can you believe in this?"

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad

Last edited by Rasen_Chidori; 06-26-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Danielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 14,666
Rep Power: 12
Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via MSN to Danielle Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Most anime characters don't even look asian in the first place. They don't look like anything specific, really.
__________________


Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian
 
Rasen_Chidori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,362
Rep Power: 17
Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

That too.

And the reason for that is, most companies that produce anime want it to be popular and profitable outside of the Asian countries, particularly in America as that is where alot of their profits will come from and having western-looking characters is more appealing to that target audience.
__________________
"Can you believe in this?"

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
Proud To Be Asian
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
Proud To Be Asian has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Most anime characters don't even look asian in the first place. They don't look like anything specific, really.
Japanese believe Anime characters based on Japanese or in other words based on Asians.



YouTube:


As for an examples of successful live movie of Anime, one of it are the Japanese version of Death Note live action movie.

Last edited by Proud To Be Asian; 06-26-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Proud To Be Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
Rotate
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck Sober
Posts: 4,663
Rep Power: 12
Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

YouTube:


Just to prove Rasen's point, I found this on youtube, and it looks like a piece of crap imo.
__________________
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
-Charles R. Swindoll
Spoiler:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Rotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Danielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 14,666
Rep Power: 12
Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via MSN to Danielle Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

@PtbA:You can just about anything with money and the right makeup.
__________________


Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,083
Rep Power: 19
Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

DBZ did not fail because "Westerners" played the part. It failed because it was stupid. One look at its preview should have verified that.

Also, a common problem seems to be a trend toward making the actors look too much like the manga/anime characters--they had funky hairdos only to stand out from the crowd and/or to make it easier for the artist. We don't need to see someone with a crappy 6' tall spiky afro or green hair, and so on.

It looks ridiculous on real people, in fact, and only detracts from the experience. Also, as Rasen pointed out, the actors seem to act as cartoony as possible--which rarely works in a live-action setting.

But since filmmakers rarely learn, I'm on the rocks with this film
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian
 
Rasen_Chidori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,362
Rep Power: 17
Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

The Death Note movie was only well recieved inside Japan, outside Japan only a dubbed over version of the movie was released and it did not perform anywhere near as well due to awkward voice overs and to be blunt, a lack of appeal for the audience. Also, there is very little in the Death Note anime that would require special effects, there are no flashy attacks or abilities to recreate and the characters were in general, much more 'normal' in their personalities.
__________________
"Can you believe in this?"

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
Proud To Be Asian
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
Proud To Be Asian has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotate View Post
YouTube:


Just to prove Rasen's point, I found this on youtube, and it looks like a piece of crap imo.
That is fan made, WB even can't get the license before 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen_Chidori View Post
The Death Note movie was only well recieved inside Japan, outside Japan only a dubbed over version of the movie was released and it did not perform anywhere near as well due to awkward voice overs and to be blunt, a lack of appeal for the audience. Also, there is very little in the Death Note anime that would require special effects, there are no flashy attacks or abilities to recreate and the characters were in general, much more 'normal' in their personalities.
Japanese made Death Note live action only for Japanese market in the beginning and most DN fans are in Japan. If you check 2chan site you will see many Japanese there are mad with DBZ live action unlike with DN live action.

Last edited by Proud To Be Asian; 06-26-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Proud To Be Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,083
Rep Power: 19
Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud To Be Asian View Post
That is fan made, WB even can't get the license before 2010.



Japanese made Death Note live action only for Japanese market in the beginning and most DN fans are in Japan. If you check 2chan site you will see many Japanese there are mad with DBZ live action unlike with DN live action.
Wouldn't know, but that Shikai Zangetsu looks weightless.

Why are you Japanese-centric? Who cares? Everyone hated that film! Most didn't need to see it to know it would be trash! I do regret not seeing the DN films, though, but money was tight, then. Anyway..
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper
 
Inuyasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 11
Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Most live action is terrible anyways so it's not whether it's western or not it's still FAIL material.

Anime is exactly what it should be "Animation" not live action that's setting it up for disaster.
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #15
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
ItachiAnbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Imagine
Posts: 3,122
Rep Power: 10
ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud To Be Asian View Post
The movie studio that will make it are Warner Bros, I personally don't like the idea, not because made by westerners but because WB are choosing the wrong actors and actresses for the movie that are westerners which should have been Asian actors and actresses.

Do any of you still remember what happened to DBZ live action which sucked so bad that the movie studio who made it are cancelling their plan to make a sequel for it? Not to mention the hate they draw to themselves and to western cosplayers from Anime fans world wide.

They should accept the fact that Anime fans don't like Anime to be portrayed by westerners, western cosplayers being dissed by Anime fans also should open their eyes to that facts.

What about you, who do you like to portray Anime characters, Asians or westerners? And what do you think of the upcoming Bleach live action movie?
The DBZ live-action film didn't fail because it was acted by westerners, it failed because the plot was awful and the actors weren't talented (or possibly their talent wasn't geared towards portraying anime characters).

By the way, one of the actors in the DBZ live-action film wasn't even a westerner. His name is Chow Yun-Fat, and he played Master Roshi. He was born in Hong Kong. So your argument is devoid of both logic and evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud To Be Asian View Post
That is fan made, WB even can't get the license before 2010.



Japanese made Death Note live action only for Japanese market in the beginning and most DN fans are in Japan. If you check 2chan site you will see many Japanese there are mad with DBZ live action unlike with DN live action.
The Death Note live-action film was only okay. The actors and special effects weren't anything special, but I found it sorta interesting anyway.

I haven't seen a truly good live-action movie. Ever. Death Note was the best one, and only because it had unique plot twists that didn't completely suck.

As far as Japanese movies go, my favorites are "Yojimbo" and "Sanjuro." Hey, they might be in black and white, but the acting and plot are marvelous.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ItachiAnbu; 06-30-2011 at 10:51 AM.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #16
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Nick Tasogare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Getting at you where you live.
Posts: 27,512
Rep Power: 22
Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

They need to get westerners to act the parts because Asians can't see well enough to learn their lines, blocking, etc.
__________________
Was on to check PMs and read about the drama and got hit with the forums rules.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
The Forgotten One
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
The Forgotten One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Crying, because Kingdom Hearts 3 is real
Posts: 1,594
Rep Power: 11
The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

PtbA: You're trying to start a fight without an opponent. There is not one person on this site or anywhere for that matter that liked the live-action DBZ movie. All fans of DBZ and anime in general should hate that movie. But as has already been said, your argument about Asian actors versus Western (American) actors is irrelevant. I'd bet all the money I have that had the live-action DBZ movie been exactly the same but with all Asian actors, it still would have sucked. As for your thing about Western cosplayers: it's for fun! I don't think anyone but you care that they're not Asian.

PS: Not to sound like an ass, but if you think Asians are so much better when it comes to anime-related stuff, you should join the Battle Narrative (BN) game on this site. If you're right, you'd slaughter everyone. (Assuming you're actually Asian)

Edit: And your example pictures comparing Asian, Anime, and Western girls sucks because the Western girl is ugly.
__________________
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paster this into your sig.

Quote:
@ Devroux: Fighting with my foot in your ass is always fun too, but I don't see any "my foot in your ass" locations, do I?

The Vicious Wolverine of the Nine Jungle Beasts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #18
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

Origin is irrelevant. You want to make a movie, you get the best actor that can look the part, and furthermore, the best actor for the role. Actors and actresses have ranges of emotion that they can play due to appearance and skill, which is why some of them are "always the bad guy" or "always the nerd". They both look the part and can play the emotional range necessary for the role.

Jack Black is a good example. Would you want him to play a serious president? In a comedy, maybe, but in something a little more heavy, Jack Black isn't the best suited for the role. That's why he plays all of the wacky characters and lands the comedies.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant
 
PlatonicZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The dark awkward spaces of the social mind.
Posts: 666
Rep Power: 10
PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

I'm not worried... I don't like Bleach
__________________
PlatonicZombie - Supporting Drunk Posting Since 1983.
PlatonicZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #20
GenFlower12
Veteran Chunin
 
GenFlower12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: wandering around
Posts: 1,382
Rep Power: 0
GenFlower12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Asian vs Westerner : What do you think about Bleach live action version in 2012?

No matter where you make it at it's hard to make a live action film from Anime and such.Just look at 'The Last Airbender' movie.The scenes and backgrounds looked horrible.The acting also had a huge part in it,the actors and actresses were terrible at their characters (though if it's the actors' or director's faulth who knows?).No matter what country you go to the only difference you'll see is how seriously they take it.If a director is totally into wanting the movie to be as good as the anime it's based off of then it might turn out nice but if they're not then the movie will suck.
GenFlower12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.