Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #101
Naiad
Freshmen Academy Student

Naiad is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Hinata vs. Ino

the divisions were spread over the country, and espescially got spread out over a long range! you have no proof that ino was at the latest end of the division!and the country is for sure a lot bigger than konohas crater.there was also a good distance between div. 5 and 1,where the battle took place. thats bad if you go with those interpretations!you have no facts,no real proves.
btw. the chat in the middle of the 25 panels in the chapter 'confession' between the naras and the yamanakas took at least 1-2 minutes. and hinata reached the battle place after those panels

you used the argument that many things happen in one time,didnt you?I could also say that ino started to move in the moment,when she just heard that the divisions take an other formation.

back to onpanel/away from full interpretation

why cant ino react?! xD she fought against a jonin! it doesnt matter that she fought through choujis body,it was her skill in taijutsu. she had the whole control over the body,its her reaction vs asuma and her taijutsu skill.

and hinata vs neji: where did she managed to show the speed we are talking about?!
The only thing she showed was that she has the will to do not give up. that was great. but she has not shown a great speed ability ,a good reaction ability,she could maybe dodge few attacks but thats nothing worth mentioning.
especially this fight was in part 1. neji was one of the most talented genins ,but compared to Asuma.. no not really XD i dont want to explain something thats so clear..
usually i dont belong to those who use db stats but pls compare asumas stats and nejis stats from part 1.

Hinata failed against those stats, and Ino ,didnt really win or lose,but could keep up with that skills!

i am looking forward for the next databook,we'll see iof hinata gets a 5/5 in speed^^
Naiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #102
Amari360
Banned

Amari360 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Frosty, I've already told you.

Hinata isn't as fast as you claim her to be.

Firstly, it wasn't even shown on Panel of how long it took Hinata to cross the distance to get to Deva.

Secondly, unless you can quantify Hinata's "speed feat", then the "feat" remains unquantifiable.

Seriously, Frosty just drop it.
Amari360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #103
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amari360 View Post
Frosty, I've already told you.

Hinata isn't as fast as you claim her to be.

Only she is.

Firstly, it wasn't even shown on Panel of how long it took Hinata to cross the distance to get to Deva.

Under 5 seconds is the longest possible estimate, not counting in talking taking up 2 or more of it.

Secondly, unless you can quantify Hinata's "speed feat", then the "feat" remains unquantifiable.

See above.

Seriously, Frosty just drop it.
Don't get mad, get glad.
And count backwards from 5.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #104
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Hinata didn't tank a thing. In the manga, Pain stabbed her and that was it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #105
Legend
Genin Elite

Legend is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This argument rests on the balance of mere speed. Hinata was still fast enough to land a hit on Neji(pretty sure, I'll double check, if she didn't I'll re-edit this, if not I won't bother).

Anywho, Shikamaru already admitted Ino's technique is only good when combined with his Kagemane no Jutsu, furthermore she couldn't even hit Sakura running. I'm pretty sure we can't even quantify Hinata's speed, because I believe the only seen was when she intervened. Even there, that isn't a speed feat, because we would need an idea of where she was prior to her intervention.

It's a tough matchup. Both characters lack actual development, compliments of Kishi. Kishi is a decent writer, but he'd be much better with more character development, and getting rid of this BS chase Sasuke plot diversion.

Edit: Oh fck it. That wasn't even Neji's Hakke. I can't say, because they both lack development. Kishi again..goodness.

Last edited by Legend; 06-07-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #106
Frost ninja

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
Hinata didn't tank a thing. In the manga, Pain stabbed her and that was it.
437-13
She gets kerplunked by a shinra Tensei, then stabbed.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #107
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
437-13
She gets kerplunked by a shinra Tensei, then stabbed.
She still didn't tank a thing. Tanking is when you can still fight, Hinata was on the verge of dying. It's a wonder that Pain didn't just stab her heart, he probably hurt her just to piss Naruto off. But that's where I'll stop nitpicking...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kuromaki; 06-07-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #108
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
She still didn't tank a thing. Tanking is when you can still fight, Hinata was on the verge of dying. It's a wonder that Pain didn't just stab her heart, he probably hurt her just to piss Naruto off. But that's where I'll stop nitpicking...
She tanked her organs rupturing, and she SURVIVES a boss-summon launcher and crusher and getting stabbed.

Better?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #109
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Pain can change the power of his shinra tensei to fit his needs. See the Konoha crushing Shinra Tensei. I really don't think that he meant to kill her with the level of ST that he used, and that he wanted to anger Naruto, but whatever floats your boat.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #110
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

I wanna catch that pokemon P:

Who is that in your siggy? Is it pat? P:
Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #111
Legend
Genin Elite

Quote:
Pain can change the power of his shinra tensei to fit his needs. See the Konoha crushing Shinra Tensei. I really don't think that he meant to kill her with the level of ST that he used, and that he wanted to anger Naruto, but whatever floats your boat.
Pain's mission wasn't to make Naruto mad. In fact, Kishimoto angered Naruto as a PnJ. Naruto couldn't win, without Pain being handed "the idiot ball." His mission was to retreive Naruto incapacitated. Pain has never failed his main objectives. Similarly, the BS convo they had subsequent to the fight, was horrible writing. Although, it's not all that bad. Anywho, after Pain stabs Hinata(adverse to mission goal=PnJ, he wouldn't want to face the Kyuubi), Naruto went tails mode.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #112
Naiad
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post

Anywho, Shikamaru already admitted Ino's technique is only good when combined with his Kagemane no Jutsu, furthermore she couldn't even hit Sakura running. I'm pretty sure we can't even quantify Hinata's speed, because I believe the only seen was when she intervened. Even there, that isn't a speed feat, because we would need an idea of where she was prior to her intervention.

Shikamaru said that in the battle against kakuzu. she got the shintenshin boost much chapters later!
she used shintenshin in the war for many times without any real help of shikamaru! kingaku break of kagemane without difficults.
the speed got a big improvement and also the releasing of the technique,when she seald kingaku she got back in her body really fast.
-----------------------

I am glad that there are many people here that doesnt go with that interpretation of hinatas 'speed feat'.

@frost ninja:
she barely survived. she would have died if sakura wouldnt have come to heal her injures. Pein didnt see any danger in hinata,he probaply didnt even care if shes dead or alive.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #113
Legend
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiad View Post
Shikamaru said that in the battle against kakuzu. she got the shintenshin boost much chapters later!
she used shintenshin in the war for many times without any real help of shikamaru! kingaku break of kagemane without difficults.
the speed got a big improvement and also the releasing of the technique,when she seald kingaku she got back in her body really fast.
-----------------------

I am glad that there are many people here that doesnt go with that interpretation of hinatas 'speed feat'.

@frost ninja:
she barely survived. she would have died if sakura wouldnt have come to heal her injures. Pein didnt see any danger in hinata,he probaply didnt even care if shes dead or alive.
Did she use Kagemane no Jutsu from Shikamaru or not? If she did she's a failure, unlike Fu.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #114
Naiad
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Did she use Kagemane no Jutsu from Shikamaru or not? If she did she's a failure, unlike Fu.
i dont get your post
how can she us kagemane as a yamanaka?!

she used shintenshin several times without shikamarus help,she doesnt need a full immobilized target anymore,to use Shintenshin.thats what i wanted to say.
In case of shinten bunshin ,she doesnt need any real help,since she can control they way it goes.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #115
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:

@frost ninja:

Actually, funny thing is barring maybe 4 people (including yourself), most people generally accept the feat. Theres a clear shot in which hinata isn't seen, push, count from 5, talking, there she is.

Off-panel or not, the time is quantified as 5 seconds or less wihout talking included. The distance is the konoha crater, rim to mid.

Your only argument, as you are the only one who has a valid idea of what might be wrong, is that its off-panel and so on so forth. However, time and the background shot make it a valid feat unless you'd be willing to show me her location within the crater?

Otherwise, its a 5 second rim-to-middle not counting talking and thats if she is at the very rim.

As for surviving it and so on so forth, he wouldnt have stabbed her if he didn't care if she lived or died, now would he? Plus she survived long enough to get healed.

Not the point, though. Point is the "speed feat". If you have an issue, disprove me that she didnt travel from rim to crater in that time.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #116
Legend
Genin Elite

Quote:
i dont get your post
how can she us kagemane as a yamanaka?!

she used shintenshin several times without shikamarus help,she doesnt need a full immobilized target anymore,to use Shintenshin.thats what i wanted to say.
In case of shinten bunshin ,she doesnt need any real help,since she can control they way it goes.
What manga pages are you talking about?? Please answer.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #117
Naiad
Freshmen Academy Student

the current world arc chapters! there hasnt been one use of shintenshin that needed shikamarus shadow jutsus!( i dont really count the kagemane that kinkaku instantly broke out of)
It has gotten pretty fast.
ino could stop kinkagu from killing shikamaru,although she wasnt unconsicous,she left her body few panels later to get the full controll over him.
even chapters later; Ino could save choujis live with dodging asumas attack,through chouji but we saw her still standing withopened eyes after that panel where she possessed chouji,and AFTER THAT she felt into the usual sleep. either she can shoot her mind in parts to the enemy or it really has gotten damn fast,but i guess its the second option ,since inoichi said she improved the jutsu drastically

@ frostninja : i diont want to continue something thats so clear!
i know hinata is very popular,she got much fan because of her will to get better and the fillers of part 1 ! for being a fan,i guess its impossible to accept that an other character that has been not very useful for a long time,proved the great difference,while the fav. character has only failed in everything it did!
barely showed anything impressive.
so the fans need pick out every little thing that they can get from the off panels,if the characters strength is biggest wise based on fillers while in the manga the person is more useless and the whole difference of what the fillers show us!just because hinata is probaply the most popular female,doesnt mean she is the strongest!
but i can imagine that many agree with you ,but mostly becuase of the reasons i've mentioned!
Ino hasnt that fanbase like hinata,she hadnt that support from the fillers,the fillers even hurt her image! In the fillers she even failed in the mission where they were going to seal the three-tails,because she wouldnt have a good enough chakra control.. fillers are so bad xD
she is a medical nin and has to have a perfect chakra controll in the databook its said that she is very talented,and that she can even see injures just with a glance,what sounds that she is very talented in what she does,and thats no filler,thats a fact from the DB!while ino is shown to be a loser ,the anime team is giving hinata jutsus,she's never shown/used in the manga!
its laughable ,if you look for hinata in naruto.wikia.com and behind most of her jutsus that are listed there is an : 'anime only'

I can understand that many people ,after watching the fillers,without knowing that those stuff never happened in the manga,believe that hinata is the next kage in Ino is still the fodder she was. but if ppl would realise how many useful things Ino and Hinata did, Ino > Hinata for example in saving lives 3-4 times! while hinata put the whole rest of the village into danger for making naruto going into 6 tails(?)! (that wasnt her purpose i know and in the end ,it was good for the village,but that was not hinatas plan,if you want take this as an arguement for Hinata>>>>>>> Shikamaru in intelligence -.-)

i can everyone show the panels for the arguements i take. i dont go the interpretation way,because its nonsense,as i stated several times!even after i checked the panels between the moments,you came up with otherpossibilites/interpretations that support the main interpretation. but the fact that there are 25 panels,maybe in the same time,maybe not; there is a chat between nara and yamanaka that took at least few minutes,and hinatas appearence on the battle field came after that. for me, your interpretation is nothing more than a wish for a little piece of improvement for hinata.
if i would start to interpret that way as you did,on ino, ino would blitz madara and kill the whole narutoverse,but i dont!
I rate her for what i've seen in the chapters.things that i could see clearly in the panels,without big interpretations,and i also know that the battles between chuunin and high jonins from shippuuden are a higher level than the battles of some genin in part 1

this is the cut to our discussion

Last edited by Naiad; 06-08-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #118
Legend
Genin Elite

Quote:
the current world arc chapters! there hasnt been one use of shintenshin that needed shikamarus shadow jutsus!
It has gotten pretty fast.
ino could stop kinkagu from killing shikamaru,although she wasnt unconsicous,she left her body few panels later to get the full controll over him.
even chapters later; Ino could save choujis live with dodging asumas attack,through chouji but we saw her still standing withopened eyes after that panel where she possessed chouji,and AFTER THAT she felt into the usual sleep. for me it also seems that she can shoot her mind in parts,if she can controll other bodys and isstill able to stand and fell asleep moments later.
Tell me what page and chapter please.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #119
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
@ frostninja : i diont want to continue something thats so clear!
i know hinata is very popular,she got much fan because of her will to get better and the fillers of part 1 ! for being a fan,i guess its impossible to accept that an other character that has been not very useful for a long time,proved the great difference,while the fav. character has only failed in everything it did!
barely showed anything impressive.
so the fans need pick out every little thing that they can get from the off panels,if the characters strength is biggest wise based on fillers while in the manga the person is more useless and the whole difference of what the fillers show us!just because hinata is probaply the most popular female,doesnt mean she is the strongest!
but i can imagine that many agree with you ,but mostly becuase of the reasons i've mentioned!
Ino hasnt that fanbase like hinata,she hadnt that support from the fillers,the fillers even hurt her image! In the fillers she even failed in the mission where they were going to seal the three-tails,because she wouldnt have a good enough chakra control.. fillers are so bad xD
she is a medical nin and has to have a perfect chakra controll in the databook its said that she is very talented,and that she can even see injures just with a glance,what sounds that she is very talented in what she does,and thats no filler,thats a fact from the DB!while ino is shown to be a loser ,the anime team is giving hinata jutsus,she's never shown/used in the manga!
its laughable ,if you look for hinata in naruto.wikia.com and behind most of her jutsus that are listed there is an : 'anime only'

I can understand that many people ,after watching the fillers,without knowing that those stuff never happened in the manga,believe that hinata is the next kage in Ino is still the fodder she was. but if ppl would realise how many useful things Ino and Hinata did, Ino > Hinata for example in saving lives 3-4 times! while hinata put the whole rest of the village into danger for making naruto going into 6 tails(?)! (that wasnt her purpose i know and in the end ,it was good for the village,but that was not hinatas plan,if you want take this as an arguement for Hinata>>>>>>> Shikamaru in intelligence -.-)

i can everyone show the panels for the arguements i take. i dont go the interpretation way,because its nonsense,as i stated several times!even after i checked the panels between the moments,you came up with otherpossibilites/interpretations that support the main interpretation. but the fact that there are 25 panels,maybe in the same time,maybe not; there is a chat between nara and yamanaka that took at least few minutes,and hinatas appearence on the battle field came after that. for me, your interpretation is nothing more than a wish for a little piece of improvement for hinata.
if i would start to interpret that way as you did,on ino, ino would blitz madara and kill the whole narutoverse,but i dont!
I rate her for what i've seen in the chapters.things that i could see clearly in the panels,without big interpretations,and i also know that the battles between chuunin and high jonins from shippuuden are a higher level than the battles of some genin in part 1

this is the cut to our discussion

So your argument is theres 25 panels in between it, and you take that as the time frame.

Then explain why he didnt simply swat her away like a fly?
Push has a 5 second cooldown, if it really did take that long to get there he would just push her upon appearence. No point in dodging.

Tags
hinata, ino