Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #21
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why don't ppl like the eng dub?

There is a site with UNCUT dubbed episodes...
I havnt watched dub for so long, because I got so used to subs

Mail Flanagan is a better erotic cake seller than a Naruto Voice tbh... (YES MAN reference)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #22
The Forgotten One
Chunin Exam Proctor

The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPainxx View Post
LOL im suprised Dubs4life hadnt said anything.
Don't say that name!

Anyway, I prefer both the Jap and the Uncut English. To me, most of the voices sound the same in English or Japanese, with exceptions like Ten-Ten and Konohamaru. The only ones I didn't like in English at first were Yamato and Sai, but they've grown on me.

Quote:
@ Devroux: Fighting with my foot in your ass is always fun too, but I don't see any "my foot in your ass" locations, do I?

The Vicious Wolverine of the Nine Jungle Beasts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #23
bthug
Apprentice Genin

bthug has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

When you guys said the english VA are tone deaf and when you prefer Japanese voices
thats the part i dont get? What do u mean tone deaf and voice are just voice, their telling a story so whats the big deal?(not trying to sound mean or rude)

And I do agree about the editing its pretty ridiculous, They air it so late and have warnings they should just be able to air it unedited...especially a show like bleach....it airs at midnight and gives a proper warning.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #24
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
There's always a site with subtitles.
Why the hell would you watch subtitles. You might as well just read the mangas then. Seriously... it is hard to keep up with the reading and the show. I find nothing wrong with English dubs. I hate subtitles and I HATE watching it in Japanese. If I spoke fluent Japanese maybe I would like it more. But I am not going to go and spend a crap load of money on Japanese language classes (no to Rosetta stone too smartasses) just to watch an Anime in Japanese. Anyways I am fine with the English dubs....

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I like the Japanese voice actors, the English voice actors don't entice me very much.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #26
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentShayd View Post
Why the hell would you watch subtitles. You might as well just read the mangas then. Seriously... it is hard to keep up with the reading and the show. I find nothing wrong with English dubs. I hate subtitles and I HATE watching it in Japanese. If I spoke fluent Japanese maybe I would like it more. But I am not going to go and spend a crap load of money on Japanese language classes (no to Rosetta stone too smartasses) just to watch an Anime in Japanese. Anyways I am fine with the English dubs....
The Japenese actors like maik said, are just better. They are more committed to the character, thus they put more life into their speech. No, I don't mind reading subtitles and I haven't watched the dubbed episodes. The Fullmetal Alchemist ones sound funny to me, so I would assume that the English actors for Disney would too.Anyhow, I was just answering a question shayds.

How can you compare subtitle to manga? The animation is still there,but you gotta rewind it sometimes.

>.>
<,<

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

It's not really a fact that the Japanese voice actors are better. They just sound better to me. I tried watching Higurashi in English, and it was pretty horrid. The Japanese sounded so much better. I do agree with subtitles and manga being different. I like moving images, mangas confuse me sometimes to where I'm not sure what's going on.

YouTube:
src="
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #28
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
It's not really a fact that the Japanese voice actors are better. They just sound better to me. I tried watching Higurashi in English, and it was pretty horrid. The Japanese sounded so much better. I do agree with subtitles and manga being different. I like moving images, mangas confuse me sometimes to where I'm not sure what's going on.
xD Well to be honest, I worded my post weird. There's something about the Japanese voice acting that is better,but I can't quite put it into werds. Yea,the mangas are a bit chaotic sometimes. Some fights just don't mix with still panels,like the Sasuke versus Itachi fight.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #29
sharingangirl
Genin Elite

sharingangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentShayd View Post
I watch the subtitles with no problem. You just get used to it. took me like one episode
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?- Itachi Uchiha

<(((O)))> | | <(((O)))> < rinnegan.
sharingangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #30
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

They can find a wide range of tones and emotions, that I never feel from English VAs. When you see one of these over the top anime reactions, they can really do it. They know what tone to use at all times, and do it well.

YouTube:
src="
Old 05-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #31
xxPainxx
Pervy Squirrely
Veteran Chunin

xxPainxx is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.xxPainxx is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.xxPainxx is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.xxPainxx is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.xxPainxx is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forgotten One View Post
Don't say that name!
doesnt it suprise u tho lol? like cmon. this is english dubs were talkin bout.

It's not a sport. It's a lifestyle.
xxPainxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #32
bthug
Apprentice Genin

I guess I understand about the jap VA espcially since most english VA just do it cause its a paycheck (most not all) and I'm sure Jap VA are more into anime then eng VA........And i agree I hates subs, i cant stand them, but the eng dub is so freaking far its riduclous, the naruto vs pain might take a yr and I want to buy ninja storm two without ruining the story but that might take forever

btw its not disney VA its viz who hires them I believe.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #33
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthug View Post
I guess I understand about the jap VA espcially since most english VA just do it cause its a paycheck (most not all) and I'm sure Jap VA are more into anime then eng VA........And i agree I hates subs, i cant stand them, but the eng dub is so freaking far its riduclous, the naruto vs pain might take a yr and I want to buy ninja storm two without ruining the story but that might take forever

btw its not disney VA its viz who hires them I believe.
It's not necessarily Viz's fault. They had to take a lot of time to find VAs for the new characters, then (obviously) dub the episodes. Plus, NS had nowhere to go when they had finished 4 episodes, so that took a while until XD took it in, then they had to go BACK and voice act again for the edited version. That's how I think it went down for them, hence why they took so long.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #34
Sasuke
The Ultimate Sasuke Fan
Konoha Historian

Location: Stumbled upon a mysterious area, trying to find the truth.
Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to Sasuke

I personally think both versions are fine! I like some of the seiyus in the japanese version more, and I prefer some of the english va's more than the original japanese ones *Hoping A/Ei's english voice doesn't turn out like the japanese one*

Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 AM   #35
Vermillian
Veteran Chunin

Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Vermillian has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

there are onyl a select few anime's i personally hold a preference towards subbed. With say naruto for example i think who ever matched the voice actors to the characters was deaf/never read the manga. In the melancholy of haruhi suzumia the episodes were released out of order dubbed. so the only time i every dislike dubbed is when i feel the voices are unforgivably poor choices or there is a noticeable lack of qulaity in the dub compared to the subbed.
Vermillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #36
bthug
Apprentice Genin

I think i would have made a good Naruto VA
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #37
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

it's edited, cheesy, and just plain annoying.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #38
darkbluesman
Apprentice Genin

darkbluesman is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

you people realize theres 2 seperate versions of the eng dubs right? theres the one for broadcast tv which is garbage than theres the uncut dvds an itunes
darkbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #39
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbluesman View Post
you people realize theres 2 seperate versions of the eng dubs right? theres the one for broadcast tv which is garbage than theres the uncut dvds an itunes
those are still cheesy and obnoxious imo
Old 05-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #40
bthug
Apprentice Genin

I wish Naruto was like super uncut, like lots of blood, cursing, and sexual scenes (Narusaku ftw) but yea seriously I would have made a good Naruto VA