Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #41
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Rep change feedback

I'm not really understanding what you mean, are you talking about how many points someone gets per click? Because if you are, each section is different and mods/fail/ etc get one or two points more per rep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #42
Anbu Leader

Anbu Leader is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

No I mean like, the way someone can receive rep.
Anbu Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #43
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You receive rep pretty much like it was before the reset. Although, now there's a cap of 5 meaning a person, no matter their rep power, can only give out a maximum rep point quantity of 5. However, this cap changes from section to section, but will never be more than 5. This also means that no one can receive no more than 5 rep points.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #44
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
You receive rep pretty much like it was before the reset. Although, now there's a cap of 5 meaning a person, no matter their rep power, can only give out a maximum rep point quantity of 5. However, this cap changes from section to section, but will never be more than 5. This also means that no one can receive no more than 5 rep points.
What devvy said, you still click the button like before. The only changes made was the maximum amount of points you can get.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #45
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It seems that in most sections that number is 2.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #46
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian

Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Overall I think that the rep reset was a good idea, however I do have a slight problem.

The cap is currently set at 5 (2 in many sections.) this means that someone, even under ideal circumstances will need to be up repped 20 times before their rep power will go up by one point, that increases to 50 up reps in sections where the cap is 2. At this time, their are only 10 users, in the three or so months since the reset under IDEAL circumstances (Every up rep they had was from a member that had at least 5 active rep power and in a section that had a cap of 5) that have had enough clicks to have their power go up by one point.

It seems to me that this is a little slow and people will easily become bored with the rep system if it will take such a huge amount of time to gain one rep power, having to get twenty odd up reps under ideal circumstance to gain one power.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the cap is a good idea, however I believe that it should be a little higher. Perhaps 10 for sections that currently have a cap of 2 and 15 in the sections with 5, this would still require 10 up reps under ideal circumstance in sections such as off topic and 7 in sections with a cap of 5.

EDIT ~ It might not have quite been three months, I can't remember exactly when the rep reset happened.

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad

Last edited by Rasen_Chidori; 06-22-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #47
MotM Nomibot
is watchin' you!

MotM Nomibot has completed a tough C-rank mission!MotM Nomibot has completed a tough C-rank mission!MotM Nomibot has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Nomibot says 3 and 7 respectively. 29 in Nomibot HQ. Nomibot deems this the perfect amount.
MotM Nomibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #48
Agent Spectre
Chunin Exam Participant

Agent Spectre is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spectre Send a message via Yahoo to Agent Spectre

Hey guys. This is finally a change around here that I can get completely behind.

If any of you at all remember my old posts, you'll know why I agree with these changes to balance out the power. I may rarely if ever post on these forums (because I never liked the way things were run, and found myself completely ignored by most members because of my "walls of text"), but I sincerely have to give thanks for this well thought out, if not very late, adjustment.

I never got much rep because, like I stated above, I was greatly discouraged from making any long discussion posts due to going completely unnoticed - but I have to admit... I do rather miss the comments from my old rep. They always made me smile. :3

Also, I'd just like to state, I find the complaints about the new system being "too slow" to be invalid from my own perspective. Reputation is something that should be earned slowly as a small bonus and not the main focus of the forum.
One should not need an incentive such as "rep" to make commendable and informative posts. The livelihood of a community and the respect it should be given is dependent on the quality of the discussions. We came here to discuss Naruto, correct?

The old system warped any good intentions a reputation system may have had due to people exploiting it for the most inconsequential things. This is a step in the right direction.
"I don't define reality as only that which I am able to see, hear and touch..." ~Shizuka Domeki
Agent Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote