Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #61
uchihanagato
Freshmen Academy Student

uchihanagato is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Chapter 540 Discussion

naruto chapters getting tooooooooooooo toooooooooooo cool
Old 05-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #62
What The Toast
Genin Elite

What The Toast saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to What The Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Because that is how pathetic she is. Killing a Zetsu is her greatest solo accomplishment.
Besides becoming one of the bet medical ninja in the series. But who cares about that right, it's only saving lives.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #63
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by What The Toast View Post
Besides becoming one of the bet medical ninja in the series. But who cares about that right, it's only saving lives.
medical ninjutsu is forking lame

Last edited by Wooster; 05-26-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #64
What The Toast
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
medical ninjutsu is forking lame
Without it, just about every main character in the series would be dead. Including Naruto. Your statement is false.

Last edited by Wooster; 05-26-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #65
Mizukage
Genin

Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Without it, just about every main character in the series would be dead. Including Naruto. Your statement is false.
and Sasuke.

But I do think medical ninjutsu is under-appreciated in the manga as well as outside it. I wish Kishi would do more to stress how important it is. But maybe thats just how it is, not showy or whatever, just helpful.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #66
Kimimaro Kaguya
Special Jonin Candidate

Kimimaro Kaguya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kimimaro Kaguya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Itachi & Nagato are BFFLs lol
Old 05-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #67
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
No it isn't, it is lame. Compare sakura reviving a fodder ninja to naruto using sage jutsu to best a self proclaimed god in mortal combat. Regardless of whether it has a practical use it is still a lame branch of jutsu with lame applications.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #68
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingangirl View Post
Neji really being evil would have not only been weird, but stupid...We already have a good guy that went bad. plus, Neji doesn't have a good reason to go bad...

I thought it was good. Sakura is getting better...
What good guy? No one good defected, inless you mean Sasuke, but Sasuke's an Uchiha--and they are all jerks. Jerks are not good. A lot of people like jerks, especially women. But that so does not mean they are good guys. Neji's a reformed jerk-defeatist. He could've had an ill-timed (for the Alliance) relapse into jerklitude, and wiped out the core of the medical operations and staff. He'd be so awesome like that.

Quote:
No, no Madara's strategy is brilliant. Notice how even though they alliance knows what the strategy is, they are no better off.

I agree limiting the attacks to one segment and apparently one infiltrator lessened the impact. Then when we know the reason Kishi let us know how it happened elsewhere, bit of a bummer. What would have been much better is to have people dropping as back story while other events are occurring. Then slow bring these mysterious attack to a ever gathering crescendo, reveal this supposed evil Neji and then have Sakura unmask it. Oh well, Kishi can hit home runs all the time.
Zetsu killed off the leakers too; they will be less missed.
I agreed. My lament wasn't on the efficacy of Zetsu Clones (although I'm happy to see they are more than mere grunts, albeit physically weak), but on the lack of an exciting development for Neji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
My prediction was right!

I guessed it was a Zetsu clone and that the real Neji is still with Kiba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoho24x View Post
Give credit where credit is due Sakura rocked this chapter and you kno it. But talking to you about Sakura is like talking to a brick wall.
...which is the same as Sakura's chest, so you may as well keep chatting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
in green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze_Naruto View Post
So, who is going to win the TnJ between A/Tsunade and B/Naruto?
I choose option B: Naruto. Yes, I knew what you meant. But it still works this way too.

Quote:
Show off. >.>

HOw come you didn't predict Hinata and Shino would take over? Huh?

Of course she was suspicions. Neji put his hand on her shoulder and was spouting of words of encouragement. Clearly not Neji behavior.
Well put, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblade13 View Post
i cant believe the amount of negativity regarding this chapter on this topic. youtube and the bigger naruto related board sites loved it to death. i thought it was great too. you guys need to learn to respect awesomeness and stop thinking you can write better than kishimoto. because you probably cant. (neither can i).
I can and do, frequently. I'm not surprised; your capitalization skills, amongst other issues, is gravely appalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I guess I just don't see Byukugan to Byukugan with Hinata.

And Shino?

He just bugs me.
bit approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingangirl View Post
Thank you for saying it, they do this with every chapter it seems...

Some people favor other Mangas and there for act like every naruto chapter is "boring". When a real naruto fan would love a long talk. Just like how people favor certain characters then feel the need to completely hate others.
Are you certain it isn't fair criticism?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #69
sharingangirl
Genin Elite

sharingangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
What good guy? No one good defected, inless you mean Sasuke, but Sasuke's an Uchiha--and they are all jerks. Jerks are not good. A lot of people like jerks, especially women. But that so does not mean they are good guys. Neji's a reformed jerk-defeatist. He could've had an ill-timed (for the Alliance) relapse into jerklitude, and wiped out the core of the medical operations and staff. He'd be so awesome like that.

Sasuke was a protagonist but I guess you would deny that, right?
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?- Itachi Uchiha

<(((O)))> | | <(((O)))> < rinnegan.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #70
nightwolf613
Apprentice Genin

nightwolf613 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I liked this chapter as well. Now I really am interested in the next one. But I imagine the run-in Naruto has with Tsunade will last more than one chapter. I think she secretly wants him to join the fight.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #71
What The Toast
Genin Elite

Quote:
No it isn't, it is lame. Compare sakura reviving a fodder ninja to naruto using sage jutsu to best a self proclaimed god in mortal combat. Regardless of whether it has a practical use it is still a lame branch of jutsu with lame applications.
If it wasn't for Sakura's medical ninjitsu, Naruto would be dead, and wouldn't have learned sage jutsu.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #72
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
If it wasn't for Sakura's medical ninjitsu, Naruto would be dead, and wouldn't have learned sage jutsu.
who cares, medical jutsu is still LAME. Do you know what lame means? Basically, would you rather watch sakura heal someone for five chapters or watch naruto battle some powerful opponent for five chapters.... thats what I thought.

Last edited by JazzJunkie4; 05-26-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #73
Phariah824
Chunin Exam Participant

Phariah824 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i liked this chap some funny moments. Neji talkin to the dog thinkin it was Kiba lol. i enjoy the Itachi an Nagato moments, seems a bromance in the making. Sakura shows that Kakashi trained her well when he used the genjutsus against her depicting himself as Sasuke. she is very aware. can't wait for the fight next chap.

@ Wooster ya i agree w/ you that Kabuto is holding them back for a counter. seems highly possible.

Oct.15 2009 i survived Madara's first attack of turning back time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #74
Anbu Fodder
Freshmen Academy Student

Anbu Fodder is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

An interesting chapter. I am liking the Itachi-Nagato dynamic. I am excited for the next chapter. Raikage and Naruto are both somewhat thickheaded so I hope a heated discussion/fight is in order.Tsunade probably wants Naruto in the battlefield so it is only a matter of time.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #75
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phariah824 View Post
i liked this chap some funny moments. Neji talkin to the dog thinkin it was Kiba lol. i enjoy the Itachi an Nagato moments, seems a bromance in the making. Sakura shows that Kakashi trained her well when he used the genjutsus against her depicting himself as Sasuke. she is very aware. can't wait for the fight next chap.

@ Wooster ya i agree w/ you that Kabuto is holding them back for a counter. seems highly possible.
Maybe Kabuto will have Itachi and Nagato casr genjutsu on juubi Madara. That would be a twist.

Kishi keeps showing the moon when Itachi and Nagato are talking. Maybe a Kabuto satellite-reflecting jutsu is in the works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #76
Naruto the "Yellow Flash"
Freshmen Academy Student

Naruto the "Yellow Flash" is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

great chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #77
Naruto the "Yellow Flash"
Freshmen Academy Student

Naruto the "Yellow Flash" is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

From what i've read an seen in the manga, and the direction the story is heading especially the last five or so chapters. It's safe to say the rumors saying Kishimoto is ending and rushing Naruto are not true. If he really wanted to end this show he would have made this war fast, and with a lot less detail and unnecessary battles. So let's hope were only 60% the way through the story of NARUTO? To insure more years to come it may be necessary for a time skip? But on the other hand if Kishi plays his cards/chapters right the time skip may not be needed. Naruto is a gold mine so thats another reason too.....
Old 05-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #78
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

THE GOOD: Sakura backfist. Yes, in magicland one punch is probably as effective as any other, but it's good to see a variation on her uninspired overhand. It's also good to see her jutsu directly connect for a change, instead of just plowing turf, although the results are weak. Of course, I could be charitable and say she pulled it so she could question the Zetsu clone afterward.

THE BAD: I think HQ is freaking out too easily -- considering what they didn't freak out about. They've lost half of their force in a day, and Madara performed a strategic withdrawal from the battlefield with two human weapons containing nine-tails chackra and a powerful treasure. If they were going to freak out, that should have happened already. With 50% casualties, what were the chances they were going to be able to "prepare for battle" by dawn anyway -- even with the medical corps' help?

THE UGLY: I am not a fan of killing a man as he takes a leak. So call me a stick-in-the-mud.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #79
sharingangirl
Genin Elite

sharingangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
who cares, medical jutsu is still LAME. Do you know what lame means? Basically, would you rather watch sakura heal someone for five chapters or watch naruto battle some powerful opponent for five chapters.... thats what I thought.
Medical ninjustsu takes some mastery chakra skillz....In my opinion it's BEAST! XD
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?- Itachi Uchiha

<(((O)))> | | <(((O)))> < rinnegan.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #80
What The Toast
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
THE GOOD: Sakura backfist. Yes, in magicland one punch is probably as effective as any other, but it's good to see a variation on her uninspired overhand. It's also good to see her jutsu directly connect for a change, instead of just plowing turf, although the results are weak. Of course, I could be charitable and say she pulled it so she could question the Zetsu clone afterward.

THE BAD: I think HQ is freaking out too easily -- considering what they didn't freak out about. They've lost half of their force in a day, and Madara performed a strategic withdrawal from the battlefield with two human weapons containing nine-tails chackra and a powerful treasure. If they were going to freak out, that should have happened already. With 50% casualties, what were the chances they were going to be able to "prepare for battle" by dawn anyway -- even with the medical corps' help?

THE UGLY: I am not a fan of killing a man as he takes a leak. So call me a stick-in-the-mud.
Well, when you know who the enemy is, it is a lot easier to figure out a counter-measure versus when the enemy can transform into an untraceable clone of one of the Allied forces.