Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Home Cooked vs Restaurant

Which is better?

I say Restaurants.

I think home cooked is overrated. Food companies will often say something is home style cooked to try entice customers. As if "home style" brings back nostalgic memories of what ma or pa used to cook up as if they were experts in their own right. But I'm gonna be honest here. I think most ma's and pa's out there can't cook worth a darn. Sure, many have experience but experience means diddly squat if the rest of the fam-damn-ily "approves" of the cooking out of love or fear (take your pick). Now, I'm not saying there aren't parents or guardians who do actually cook well. I lived with a few different parents and guardians and I've had good food and bad food. I'm just saying "home style" or home cooking hardly makes anything
automatically good. On the opposite end of the spectrum there are plenty
of bad restaurant foods. But here's why I say restaurants are better...
Competition. There's no such thing as competition as when it's home style
cooking unless the ma and pa compete against each other in cooking.
But most of the time you don't really have much of a choice unless of
course you cook something yourself. However with restaurants if you
don't like the food you eat somewhere else. Restaurants that can't
cook go out of businesses. When's the last time ma or pa went out of
the business of the kitchen conjurer? A lot of the time you can't even
really complain about home cooking. I find it annoying how someone
will be a terrible cook but expect people to say nice things about their
cooking. To pretend it's somehow enjoyable when it really isn't. I know
I'm a terrible cook myself but the difference is that I'm open to criticism.
I know I can't cook waffles worth a darn (I did say I was terrible cook).
So I don't expect people to say my bad cooking is good cooking. In fact
I want to know it's bad so I can make it better the next time. It's not like
I can't figure out the waffles I made were pretty terrible. But then with
other people, they cook up something bland and you have to act like you
enjoy it because they "slave away all day". Gimme a break. People who
complain about cooking and cleaning are really bothersome. If you don't
like to cook or clean then go out to eat. If I cook myself or rather try
and fail miserably to cook something I don't complain about having to
slave all day. And I don't mind cleaning up afterwards. Heck I made the
mess so I should clean it up afterwards. If you do it right away it's often
not that difficult. Of course it depends on what you cook or how much
of it you cook. But anywho, I say if you want to practice cooking then
do it in your own time and eat your own terrible cooking and suffer it
yourself. If others want to take a bite at it, then let them. If they
don't like it then that just means you should try to improve.
Basically I see cooking as an ongoing learning experience.

I really am terrible at making waffles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Home Cooked vs Restaurant

home cooked, mostly because you know what's put in it
but I think it also tastes better

I still like restaurants though, but home cook is always better imo

hell my double cheeseburgers>McDonald's and Burger King combine.....ok maybe not better than BK xD

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I think home cooked is overrated. Food companies will often say something is home style cooked to try entice customers. As if "home style" brings back nostalgic memories of what ma or pa used to cook up as if they were experts in their own right. But I'm gonna be honest here. I think most ma's and pa's out there can't cook worth a darn. Sure, many have experience but experience means diddly squat if the rest of the fam-damn-ily "approves" of the cooking out of love or fear (take your pick). Now, I'm not saying there aren't parents or guardians who do actually cook well. I lived with a few different parents and guardians and I've had good food and bad food. I'm just saying "home style" or home cooking hardly makes anything
automatically good.
You had me going there stickman, thinking you were taking an concrete stance against food. I can understand doing this with politics or economics,but food? I was going to say though, people who can't cook will favor restraunt food because there no one at home to make gourmet food. That said, I have had the fortune of living with elders who are great cooks. I definitely would be biased towards home cooked food.

Quote:
On the opposite end of the spectrum there are plenty
of bad restaurant foods. But here's why I say restaurants are better...
Competition. There's no such thing as competition as when it's home style
cooking unless the ma and pa compete against each other in cooking.
But most of the time you don't really have much of a choice unless of
course you cook something yourself.
ECONOMICS

I will agree with you though, there is a lot of horrible food made by restaurants and using home-style as a slogan never turns out the same. Just because a company advertises their food as homemade, doesn't mean that it is. It's all smoke and mirrors and mass production.

But we all can't be pragmatic like the stickman, most of us take criticism personally because society programs us to be defensive. Well to a point, most of my peers as a kid made me develop a bad habit of being defensive because they were genuinely brats and lots of adults are just as childish, especially in fast food restraints. That said, I try to be open to criticism.

The reason why I dislike restaurants, not just fast food ones is because they're all overly inflated and prepared without any feeling. Even at some decent buffets that I had eaten at, their food was bland. It was lacking seasonings and care and being pumped at a fast pace. It's for this very reason that I won't eat out if I can avoid it. Plus, most of the food is a hit and a miss.

Don't get me started on fast food chains. All they do at Taco bell is microwave food, KFC it's not even chicken and it's all re-fried, and Mc Donalds is a death trap with it's highly saturated oils.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Luna Mikazuki
the explorer!

Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.
Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I prefer either.

Luckily, I've had better experience with home cooked meals!! Plus, since I can cook myself, I'm happy.

It all depends on whether you were raised with a family that knew how to cook well or some usually.

Luna Mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Mikazuki View Post
I prefer either.

Luckily, I've had better experience with home cooked meals!! Plus, since I can cook myself, I'm happy.

It all depends on whether you were raised with a family that knew how to cook well or some usually.
I've had good home cooked food before. I would actually say most of the home cooked food I've had is mediocre. There's a lot more good restaurant food than there is good home cooked food. Of course you have to pay
more. Which is the advantage of home cooked food...it's basically free.
I can't cook. I mean I try to sometimes but the result is usually not so
grand. That's why I don't like to cook for people. Otherwise I would feel
bad that they would have to eat my bad cooking. Again, I was raised by both kinds of families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
You had me going there stickman, thinking you were taking an concrete stance against food. I can understand doing this with politics or economics,but food?

No subject is safe from the wrath of the Sticky Debate Session.

I was going to say though, people who can't cook will favor restraunt food because there no one at home to make gourmet food.

Well I can't cook. But I have had good home cooked food.
I just find it to be a rarity. There are plenty of good restaurants.

That said, I have had the fortune of living with elders who are great cooks. I definitely would be biased towards home cooked food.

I've also lived with people who can cook good. However I think most parents and guardians cannot cook so well. After all if they could they
probably would be working at a restaurant and making money.

ECONOMICS Everyone loves them.

I will agree with you though, there is a lot of horrible food made by restaurants and using home-style as a slogan never turns out the same.

If I wanted "home style" I would cook it myself...and then eat ashes.

Just because a company advertises their food as homemade, doesn't mean that it is. It's all smoke and mirrors and mass production.

Of course.

But we all can't be pragmatic like the stickman, most of us take criticism personally because society programs us to be defensive.

Fight the power! Be more like stickman!

Well to a point, most of my peers as a kid made me develop a bad habit of being defensive because they were genuinely brats and lots of adults are just as childish, especially in fast food restraints. That said, I try to be open to criticism.

By the way hope you're not thinking that I'm saying you or your parents or guardians home cooking is bad. Obviously I would not know such a thing.
I just think that most home cooking is probably not so great.

The reason why I dislike restaurants, not just fast food ones is because they're all overly inflated and prepared without any feeling.

No atmosphere?

Even at some decent buffets that I had eaten at, their food was bland. It was lacking seasonings and care and being pumped at a fast pace.

Buffets are bound to suck.

It's for this very reason that I won't eat out if I can avoid it. Plus, most of the food is a hit and a miss.

It all depends on the restaurant you go to.

Don't get me started on fast food chains. All they do at Taco bell is microwave food, KFC it's not even chicken and it's all re-fried, and Mc Donalds is a death trap with it's highly saturated oils.

I think Fast Food is actually pretty good considering it's fast food.
I mean it's not excellent but excellence takes time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post
home cooked, mostly because you know what's put in it
but I think it also tastes better

Maybe if you cook it yourself but if someone else cooks it you might not know. Especially if they don't like for there to be too many cooks in the kitchen. You also get the nutrition facts and ingredients from a lot of restaurants these days

I still like restaurants though, but home cook is always better imo

I prefer restaurants.

hell my double cheeseburgers>McDonald's and Burger King combine.....ok maybe not better than BK xD

I think burgers tend to be one of those things that are better
home grilled and the reason is obvious...because they are slow
grilled rather than cooked fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Home Made.

By far you can put your own spin on spices and herbs. As well as create new meals on the turn of a dime.

That's if you cook them yourself. I'm more talking about when
someone else cooks them.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

home cooked at a restaurant.........yeah think about it

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Luna Mikazuki
the explorer!

Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.
Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.Luna Mikazuki just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I've had good home cooked food before. I would actually say most of the home cooked food I've had is mediocre. There's a lot more good restaurant food than there is good home cooked food. Of course you have to pay
more. Which is the advantage of home cooked food...it's basically free.
I can't cook. I mean I try to sometimes but the result is usually not so
grand. That's why I don't like to cook for people. Otherwise I would feel
bad that they would have to eat my bad cooking. Again, I was raised by both kinds of families.
That's why I said usually. Because I do love alot of restaurant food, and even fast food counts; it's quick and easy when nobody feels like cooking. But the sad thing is that the money spent on fast food adds up quite a bit! Haha, I should teleport over to where you are and make you pancakes.

Most restaurants (that aren't fast food, and are usually local-family owned) started with family recipies from generations of cooking. I'm picky so if I happen to like a certain restaurant's cooking then I'll go there when I want but if I'm not used to the food I kind of just don't eat all of my meal. I've never really eaten my leftovers, except the leftovers from Olive Garden!!

Luna Mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Depends on the restaurant, but I usually consider home meals a better choice.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I've also lived with people who can cook good. However I think most parents and guardians cannot cook so well. After all if they could they
probably would be working at a restaurant and making money.
For shame Sticky, that's a misconception. Even under optimal economic conditions, employers want a certificate "proving" your adequacy.

Quote:
Fight the power! Be more like stickman!
Being Complacent is so much easier. ;_; /revolutionists

Quote:
By the way hope you're not thinking that I'm saying you or your parents or guardians home cooking is bad. Obviously I would not know such a thing.
I just think that most home cooking is probably not so great.
Not at all, I knew you were making generalizations.

Quote:
No atmosphere?
I was referring to the over priced food. walk into Dennys and you'll have the choice of 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon or sasuage, hashbrowns, and pancakes for around 8.00. Now if I were to buy the groceries needed for this meal, it would be more expensive in the short run;however, it will save me money when I have food again and the person who went to Dennys hast to go back for another 8 dollars.

Quote:
Buffets are bound to suck.
Not just buffets, all restaurants have mediocre food. I'd rather pour some hot water into a "Cup of Noodles" and open a bag of chips.

Quote:
It all depends on the restaurant you go to.
I heard Chuckie Cheese games supplements taste for games. :P

Quote:
I think Fast Food is actually pretty good considering it's fast food.
I mean it's not excellent but excellence takes time and money.
Convenience and still being hungry is not worth almost 7 dollars. >.>''

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 05-26-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

They are one in the same for me really. My parents are very good cooks for some strange reason so we often eat at home as we would at any decent restaurant. That said I do enjoy the different ways restaurants make the same thing.

Basically I just eat at restaurants to try something being cooked in a different way by someone else. Not to have an "improved" version of something.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #11
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

I truthfully can't believe the level of detail this thread has gone into....seriously
What. the. hell

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
GenFlower12
Veteran Chunin

GenFlower12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Depending on who cooks really.My parents,aunts,grandma,and brother are very good cooks,especially my brother when it comes to pies.Some restaurants though are actually very good when it comes to cooking, though I can name quite a few that aren't.When given the choice though I would prefer home cooked.
GenFlower12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
Uchiha Sonake
Chunin Exam Proctor

Uchiha Sonake is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I prefer homecooked for quality purposes. But I'm really adventurous, so I go out to eat at hole in the wall places where you can't even read (forget pronouncing) the menu. I have eaten things that many would start at. But with the right cook, almost anything can taste good. So "resturants" are better when trying something new.
\. /
/ . \
- -
I I

Uchiha Itachi

Made By Dezy
Uchiha Sonake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
Crystal Marionette
Special Jonin Candidate

Crystal Marionette saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Homecooked. I'm just better with it. Especially stuff like burgers.

BTW, I can't cook but shh.
Crystal Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

DEpends on the meal. If it's pizza--homemade definitely! Less greasy, and with more cheese and pepperoni! If it's pretzels... anything not from the home is appreciated.

Mmm-mm, Kraft Cheese-stuffed Pretzels!!! Px< If I do not have oven-baked cheddar scorching my tongue by 2pm any day, I go apesheet-crazy.

I have not had homemade SweeTarts. I would be open to trying them.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #16
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I like eating at restaurants because of the food and the decor. It's always cool to have a different place to eat once in a while.

Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
Merechan
Chunin Exam Participant

Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I've grown up in a family that almost always has home-cooked meals and eats together. It gets old. I like going to restaurants.

▲ ▲

hufflepuff

Merechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Amani is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I vote home made. Ultimately, it really depends on your skills as a cook/baker. If you can't cook and/or bake very well, of course a restaurant is going to be the better option for you. But if you're someone who honestly loves to make things from scratch and doesn't mind taking the time to do it, then homemade is always the best.

This is coming from someone who LOVES to bake. I bake like crazy. I challenge myself to make various desserts all the time, and because of all the practice I've gotten, I would have to say that I'm pretty dang good at making dessert. My dessert is much better than the stuff you get from the store/most restaurants.

The reason for this is because I can control the ingredients. That means NO high fructose corn syrup, and all of the other fake crap they put into their stuff.
This, along with other reasons, is why I prefer homemade.

Oh, and one last thing: my parents are amazing cooks. They could EASILY open a restaurant. When it comes to middle eastern/Mediterranean food, my parents have it in the bag. I get the REAL, 100% authentic stuff. Maybe that's why I prefer home cooking.

I usually only to go restaurants to get food that I can't get well made from home, like various Asian foods.
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara.

Last edited by Amani; 06-28-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Amani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #19
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Both are generally great. It doesn't really matter to me, one way or another.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote