Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #101
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Chapter 539 Discussion

Omfg, a Sakura and Tsunade special next week!?

/crosses fingers
Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #102
Naruto the "Yellow Flash"
Freshmen Academy Student

Naruto the "Yellow Flash" is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Another great chapter with a surprising twist to it. I liked how Naruto owed the fox, and how he told the fox off,that was great. Then the rest was a surprise. It was great getting to see Itachi and Pain, with the added boost of them talking about there powers. If Kabuto has full control over them the war could shift very fast, and that also means there the two best bodyguards against Madara. Didn't figure that Itachi used his eyes on Negi till after reading the chapter twice. Then of coarse the thing with Negi was great adding more suspense to the chapter.

Question: Is it possible for Itachi or pain to give there eyes to Kabuto if he wanted to use them?????????????????? That's scary.....

If it's not Negi under a genjutsu, then it has to be a Zetsu clone. It's in Kishi's hands.............

Last edited by Naruto the "Yellow Flash"; 05-18-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: for got to add someting
Old 05-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #103
Lord Jiraiya
Chunin Exam Participant

Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I believe it has to be a Clone of Zetsu. Remember he can copy anyones chakra and they did a complete scan meaning if he was under genjutsu they would have known his chakra wasn't right.

That's IMO!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #104
Sasuke
The Ultimate Sasuke Fan
Konoha Historian

Location: Stumbled upon a mysterious area, trying to find the truth.
Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to Sasuke

I am not sure if this has been previously mentioned or not, but if you recall chapter 524 page 14, Neji is being wrapped by a Zetsu. Now considering that one of Zetsu's abilities is to be able to fully transform into a perfect copy of any person as well as exactly copy their chakra(As stated by Kisame), it wouldn't be too hard to believe that the Neji killing all the medical ninja is not the Neji that we know, but just a Zetsu clone. This whole chapter has been based around, "A person being controlled" and I think that Kishi wouldn't just give us the answer to why Neji was attacking Medics right off the bat. The only flaw might be where the real Neji is, and for all we know, he could still be on the battle field, or dead, but I don't think he would be off panelled. Please tell me what you think about this theory.

EDIT: Someone posted this theory as well while I was typing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sasuke; 05-18-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Didn't see post above when making this post.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #105
Lord Jiraiya
Chunin Exam Participant

Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
I am not sure if this has been previously mentioned or not, but if you recall chapter 524 page 14, Neji is being wrapped by a Zetsu. Now considering that one of Zetsu's abilities is to be able to fully transform into a perfect copy of any person as well as exactly copy their chakra(As stated by Kisame), it wouldn't be too hard to believe that the Neji killing all the medical ninja is not the Neji that we know, but just a Zetsu clone. This whole chapter has been based around, "A person being controlled" and I think that Kishi wouldn't just give us the answer to why Neji was attacking Medics right off the bat. The only flaw might be where the real Neji is, and for all we know, he could still be on the battle field, or dead, but I don't think he would be off panelled. Please tell me what you think about this theory.

EDIT: Someone posted this theory as well while I was typing.
Yeah I do believe it's a Zetsu clone. It would play right into Zetsu's role and powers. I knew from the start that Kishi would use Zetsu to invade behind the enemies lines.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #106
Mizukage
Genin

Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Really? Neji is opposing the will of Sir Kiba Duke of Inuzuka? If so I fear for his life.

You don't claim there are two Nejis in camp do you? That is silly.

Sensor Guard 1: "So did you hear the one about.."

Sensor Guard 2: "Hold on.. Who goes there!"

Neji: "It is me Neji."

Sensor Guard 1: "We need to do a full scan of all your junk, or you must submitted to an intrusive pat down."

Neji: " Oh, the pat down please. :3"

A few minutes later.

Sensor Guard 1: "So as I was saying..Halt who goes there?!"
Neji: "It is me, Neji"

Sensor Guard 2: "We need to do a search"

Neji: "Pat down. please."

Sensor Guard 1:" Didn't you already come through here?"

Neji: "Nope."

Sensor Guard 2: "Okay then."

He did indeed. Good Neji!

Well, Zetsu can take the on the chakra form of any other ninja if he touches them.

Unaffected in what way?
You know. That just might happen!

And I about 'unaffected' I meant: If neji is himself being controlled by madara, Itachi, or Sasuke and then Hinata showed up. He isn't allowed to kill her and the head clan inside the Hyuuga clan has control over neji's cuz of the curse (right? on his forehead?)

so basically my question is: would the curse still work if he isn't attacking willingly?

BTW awesome posts/theories by everyone above. I'm totally conflicted with whether neji is under someone's control or if it is a zetsu clone. GAHHHH!

And like someone said above YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! ITACHI my love! you've come back! Wonder what Sasuke would do if he found out about this!!! Can he still have itachi's eyes if itachi is walking around???
Old 05-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #107
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Inb4 Toad Elder meant Neji as the one with the Power in his Eyes Naruto has to face.Derrrrrr....

For those who thought it was Sasuke including Naruto.

YouTube:

:P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #108
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Really? Neji is opposing the will of Sir Kiba Duke of Inuzuka? If so I fear for his life.

You don't claim there are two Nejis in camp do you? That is silly.

Not in the medic camp. The Neji we saw with Kiba is the real Neji.
However the real Neji never made it to the medic camp but instead
a Zetsu clone disguised as Neji made it to the camp (Zetsu probably
overheard Neji and Kiba talking.) We never actually see Neji go
from point A to point B so we don't know if it's even the same Neji.
The Neji with Kiba is real because it was using Byukugan. However
the "Neji" at the medic camp has not used any techniques which
is pretty suspect considering a gentle fist attack would be a lot
less suspect than a kunai attack--at least I would think so.
The only reason I could think of "Neji" using kunai instead of gentle
fist is because it's not Neji at all but actually Zetsu as Neji.
Of course it still could be genjutsu Neji using kunai because it
takes less energy to do than using gentle fist and in a way people
might not expect it because it doesn't sound like something Neji
would do. Also even under Genjutsu I can never really see Neji
smiling manically. Genjutsu characters usually look more stoned.
Neji looks more sinister which fits better with a Zetsu clone.
Anywho...

If it's a Zetsu clone there are two Nejis--a real one with Kiba and
a fake one who infiltrated the medic camp

If it's Genjutsu Neji than it is the real Neji and sometime off panel
Neji was exposed to genjutsu.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #109
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizukage View Post
You know. That just might happen!

And I about 'unaffected' I meant: If neji is himself being controlled by madara, Itachi, or Sasuke and then Hinata showed up. He isn't allowed to kill her and the head clan inside the Hyuuga clan has control over neji's cuz of the curse (right? on his forehead?)

so basically my question is: would the curse still work if he isn't attacking willingly?

BTW awesome posts/theories by everyone above. I'm totally conflicted with whether neji is under someone's control or if it is a zetsu clone. GAHHHH!

And like someone said above YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! ITACHI my love! you've come back! Wonder what Sasuke would do if he found out about this!!! Can he still have itachi's eyes if itachi is walking around???
You think so? o.o

I see. If he was ordered to Hinata he still could not because the curse seal would be activated.
I wonder if a Zetsu clone would likewise be affected. Hmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Not in the medic camp. The Neji we saw with Kiba is the real Neji.
However the real Neji never made it to the medic camp but instead
a Zetsu clone disguised as Neji made it to the camp (Zetsu probably
overheard Neji and Kiba talking.) We never actually see Neji go
from point A to point B so we don't know if it's even the same Neji.
The Neji with Kiba is real because it was using Byukugan. However
the "Neji" at the medic camp has not used any techniques which
is pretty suspect considering a gentle fist attack would be a lot
less suspect than a kunai attack--at least I would think so.
The only reason I could think of "Neji" using kunai instead of gentle
fist is because it's not Neji at all but actually Zetsu as Neji.
Of course it still could be genjutsu Neji using kunai because it
takes less energy to do than using gentle fist and in a way people
might not expect it because it doesn't sound like something Neji
would do. Also even under Genjutsu I can never really see Neji
smiling manically. Genjutsu characters usually look more stoned.
Neji looks more sinister which fits better with a Zetsu clone.
Anywho...

If it's a Zetsu clone there are two Nejis--a real one with Kiba and
a fake one who infiltrated the medic camp

If it's Genjutsu Neji than it is the real Neji and sometime off panel
Neji was exposed to genjutsu.
I assume with all the sensor ninja around, an attack like the gentle fist would be a bad idea regardless if it is Neji or a Zetsu clone.

The zetsu clones do seem to have jutsu. The Kisame one tried to use Water Shark Bomb or some such.

So does this mean the real Neji is going to walk into camp and save the day?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #110
ByakuganAlex
Veteran Chunin

ByakuganAlex is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

there are two Neji's lurking around. Neji got patched up by Sakura so he wouldn't of asked where she was. Neji is resting somewhere while Zetsu is copying one of the greatest ninja to ever be in Naruto.
I see ANOTHER Neji vs Neji coming along. Why can't he get a real villain to fight.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #111
sharingangirl
Genin Elite

sharingangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByakuganAlex View Post
I see ANOTHER Neji vs Neji coming along. Why can't he get a real villain to fight.
Because he is a side character. Side characters don't fight main villains. :{
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?- Itachi Uchiha

<(((O)))> | | <(((O)))> < rinnegan.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #112
Namikaze_Naruto
Genin

Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It doesn't make sense that madara would want Neji, as Neji's byakugan is sealed away due to his being in the branch family. That is why his father willingly gave himself to the cloud instead of his brother, because Neji's dad's byakugan couldn't be extracted whereas Hinata's dad's could.

If it is Kabuto's doing, it's because of his goal to understand all Jutsu. He was amazed by Tsunade's healing ability when the Sannin fought, and now they are alluding to Sakura being a greater shinobi than Tsunade, so he wants to know/understand what this greater power is.

Also, good point brought up before. With Kabuto controlling both Nagato and Itachi, does that give him the equivalent of Madara having both EMS and Rinnegan? He is technically in control of both, and they alluded to Madara's configuration of his current eyes (EMS in right eye, Rinnegan in left) as well as the moon. Pretty clear foreshadowing.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #113
Sparky
Genin

Sparky saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
......I still think he just wanted to touch her boobs
Who Neji or the injured guy?

Boobs....Sakura got boobs?

Anyway...an amazing chapter. I was eating an hot dog and.......it fell out of my hands when I saw the end of the chapter.......
Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #114
Hyuuga Heir
Genin

Hyuuga Heir has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hyuuga Heir has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hyuuga Heir has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze_Naruto View Post
It doesn't make sense that madara would want Neji, as Neji's byakugan is sealed away due to his being in the branch family. That is why his father willingly gave himself to the cloud instead of his brother, because Neji's dad's byakugan couldn't be extracted whereas Hinata's dad's could.

If it is Kabuto's doing, it's because of his goal to understand all Jutsu. He was amazed by Tsunade's healing ability when the Sannin fought, and now they are alluding to Sakura being a greater shinobi than Tsunade, so he wants to know/understand what this greater power is.

Also, good point brought up before. With Kabuto controlling both Nagato and Itachi, does that give him the equivalent of Madara having both EMS and Rinnegan? He is technically in control of both, and they alluded to Madara's configuration of his current eyes (EMS in right eye, Rinnegan in left) as well as the moon. Pretty clear foreshadowing.
Hizashi gave himself up because the Byakugan would be sealed when he died. It has not been shown whether or not the seal works against extracting it while the person is alive.

I think the possibility of it being a Zetsu clone or the real Neji being controlled are both possible. Hard to choose which one.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #115
thenewguy
Apprentice Genin

thenewguy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

zetsu is controlling neji when neji last fought zetsu he infected neji with some type of mind controlling plant spores thats how neji was able infiltrate the medic camp
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #116
jesse uzumaki
Special Jonin Candidate

jesse uzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

as for the people who think itachi or nagato did this to neji is ridiculous both itachi and nagato are good guys and I don't think kabuto is using there powers yet what I think is both nagato and itachi are planning to break free off kabuto jutsu. plus what my idol itachi said is that with there eyes there capable of doing almost anything. which comes to the conclusion that I think they will break off kabuto jutsu and going to help stop madara plan however if kabuto manages to control them 100% i think with using itachi and nagato kabuto is capable of being equal power against madara uchiha and stop his moon eye plan.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #117
Mizukage
Genin

Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse uzumaki View Post
as for the people who think itachi or nagato did this to neji is ridiculous both itachi and nagato are good guys and I don't think kabuto is using there powers yet what I think is both nagato and itachi are planning to break free off kabuto jutsu. plus what my idol itachi said is that with there eyes there capable of doing almost anything. which comes to the conclusion that I think they will break off kabuto jutsu and going to help stop madara plan however if kabuto manages to control them 100% i think with using itachi and nagato kabuto is capable of being equal power against madara uchiha and stop his moon eye plan.
The idea of Kabuto trying to take on Madara with them is enticing.

And I especially hope you're right about Itachi and Nagato breaking free.
But would they still be able to live if they break free of Edo tensei?

Oh wait I don't care! Itachi is back!

And where the freak is Sasuke! I wanna see his face when he sees Itachi brought back as Kabuto's zombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111q
Old 05-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #118
White_fang
Apprentice Genin

White_fang is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
YES, ITACHI! Not only that, but he and Nagato seem to be plotting.

So at first I thought the killer was Neji (who is obviously Zetsu), but then I figured it was the creeper. But then when Neji said the guy slipped out of sight, I was like "Naw, it's you. How does someone slip out of the sight of someone with 360 degree vision?"
the fact he said he lost sight of someone he was keeping an eye for basically is a red alert thats not neji but a fake
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #119
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

In my opinion, if Kishi wants to start writing mysteries, he should make it harder to figure out. He hasn't given us any reason to suspect that Neji might actually bad. Which would be a nice thing to do, if you're trying to make the reader think. He left hints all over the chapter, which makes it even more predictable what's going to happen. On top of that, I haven't seen Neji in like hundreds of chapters. And when he shows up again, he's suddenly turning on the Leaf? Sorry, I'm not buying it. Had Kishi progressed his character a bit through the series he might have been able to pull this off without making it so blatantly obvious.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 05-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #120
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
In my opinion, if Kishi wants to start writing mysteries, he should make it harder to figure out. He hasn't given us any reason to suspect that Neji might actually bad. Which would be a nice thing to do, if you're trying to make the reader think. He left hints all over the chapter, which makes it even more predictable what's going to happen. On top of that, I haven't seen Neji in like hundreds of chapters. And when he shows up again, he's suddenly turning on the Leaf? Sorry, I'm not buying it. Had Kishi progressed his character a bit through the series he might have been able to pull this off without making it so blatantly obvious.
I don't think Kishi ever intended to make it seem like Neji was acting on his own volition. The surprise was that it was Neji. The twist was we all thought it was going to be the shadowy guy, but he just confessed his love to Sakura instead.

Remember the stupid words at the end are add by Shonen Jump, not Kishi as Sticky always says. xD