Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #121
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Want images in your Signature?

I is even moar confused than before, how is a url only a letter or two? D:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #122
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I is even moar confused than before, how is a url only a letter or two? D:
No, no. I'm sorry.

You know how people put links inside a word, like this?

You can do that with images, too. It's easier for me sometimes to type "a" then paste in the image link over it. Otherwise long links take up a lot of space, and my bleary vision can't make sense of it (too many concussions). Also, with a full URL in the body of your text, it's easy to highlight only part of the link or possibly even include part of your reply, and extra work is never fun unless you're the idiot-type.

Do this as a test. [img] [img]. Be sure to put a / right before the i in the second img tag (img may need to be caps, I don't recall). Or copy that text in and highlight it. While it's highlighted, click the image button (looks like two mountains with a moon and a yellow backdrop, next to the Insert E-mail Link and Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text buttons. Once you click the Image button, a box pops up. Erase the http:// text in there and paste your image's link location URL in the box. Press OK and your highlighted text should magically morph into an image. If it works in your reply, the same process will work in your signature options.

Edit: image should look like .

Last edited by Kreegah!!!; 05-12-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added image.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #123
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Caliburn is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

So you have to have 300 posts or more? Because I have a good one that I really want to put up.

Last edited by Caliburn; 05-13-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #124
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
So you have to have 300 posts or more? Because I have a good one that I really want to put up.
yes you do need have 300 post and than you can pm the image to ashen or maik for appove. best place to post is the chacter talk games subforum

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

Old 05-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #125
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble88 View Post
yes you do need have 300 post and than you can pm the image to ashen or maik for appove. best place to post is the chacter talk games subforum
How many images can you have? Because I have three that I would like to put up, they are not naruto-related, they are for the character in Onepeice Roronoa Zoro, but I hope that doesn't make them unacceptable. Here they are:

If you can only have one thats fine, but I want to see if these are acceptable.

Last edited by Sage Mode; 05-13-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #126
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

well once you get 300 post you pm maik or ashen to get appove

Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #127
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Oh ok but are the ones above acceptable, in your opinion?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #128
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Actually no I don't believe they are seeing as how Viz makes the manga and this forum tries to stay away from any closely related material as possible its best if you dont use them although you can PM Ashen and ask him if they are ok. FUNimation produces the anime so he might say yes.

But you have a long way to go before you can even have Images in your siggy
Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #129
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha View Post
Actually no I don't believe they are seeing as how Viz makes the manga and this forum tries to stay away from any closely related material as possible its best if you dont use them although you can PM Ashen and ask him if they are ok. FUNimation produces the anime so he might say yes.

But you have a long way to go before you can even have Images in your siggy
I know, it'll probaly take me a day or two. (I'm on all the time)

Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #130
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
Posts actually play a small factor in deciding who gets sig image privileges. I know someone stated it in this thread earlier, but the only sure way to know whether you'll get sig image privileges or not is by asking. Though admittedly, the lower your post count and the newer you are, the less likely you are of being eligible for the sig image privilege.

As long as it's not so excessively wide that it stretches the post bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
Nope, just a good buffer so they can review your past a bit and determine your character. They want to be sure you aren't going to upload offensive or copyrighted material that could prove a liability to the forum itself as well as the parent company.

As to your One-Piece oriented suggestions: impermissible. VIZ owns the US-side copyrights to the manga. Seems weird to be unable to use images by the company holder on its own forum, but copyright laws ARE weird. For instance, John Fogerty of CCR fame was once sued over his own copyrights to his own songs from his own band. The suit claimed he was plagiarizing himself. USA copyright and trademark laws in particular are a source of bitter aggravation. Anyway, you'll likely be told to take the images down or risk infractions and/or negative reputation points, so unless that's happened by the time you see this post, please remove them before they tell you to do so. I'd hate to see a new fellow member chastised right as joins. Also, I extend my welcome to you, sir.

Quote:
Trouble, misinformation is troublesome. Don't live up to your name.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #131
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

so what I made dont yell at me please I been reply to pms, and stuff too you so I wasn't thinking right *leaves and hide again*

Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #132
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Nope, just a good buffer so they can review your past a bit and determine your character. They want to be sure you aren't going to upload offensive or copyrighted material that could prove a liability to the forum itself as well as the parent company.

As to your One-Piece oriented suggestions: impermissible. VIZ owns the US-side copyrights to the manga. Seems weird to be unable to use images by the company holder on its own forum, but copyright laws ARE weird. For instance, John Fogerty of CCR fame was once sued over his own copyrights to his own songs from his own band. The suit claimed he was plagiarizing himself. USA copyright and trademark laws in particular are a source of bitter aggravation. Anyway, you'll likely be told to take the images down or risk infractions and/or negative reputation points, so unless that's happened by the time you see this post, please remove them before they tell you to do so. I'd hate to see a new fellow member chastised right as joins. Also, I extend my welcome to you, sir.

Trouble, misinformation is troublesome. Don't live up to your name.
So..basicaly you're saying I can only have naruto-related images?

Old 05-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #133
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

wrong you can't have anything that viz own

Old 05-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #134
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
wrong you can't have anything that viz own
Does viz own this:

Last edited by Sage Mode; 05-13-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #135
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

the manga yes the anime no

Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #136
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
the manga yes the anime no
So I can't have this as a signature?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #137
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

yeah that right

Old 05-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #138
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
yeah that right
WOW I'm going to submit it anyway. Either way i'll just put the picture up every time I post.

I just found a loophole.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #139
Lone_Espada
Special Jonin Candidate

Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Lone_Espada finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

You can't post it on this forum. If Viz owns any of it. You will get in trouble for posting it all the time.

GF:TRS
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #140
Caliburn
Ninja Academy Student

So because i have a picture that says Caliburn on it with a Onepiece character with it also, I can't put it on my posts? UNFAIRNESS

(Still going to do it anyway)

Closed Thread

Tags
stub-winged albatross