Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #61
Poodle
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 8
Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Oh, I'm certain the 9T is far beyond the other biju, 8T being a possible exception. On their own, the beasts were considered instinctual and lacking personality--mere chakra forces if you will, but unlike the kyuubi who has been described as a force of menace--indicating a core of reasoning intent. On that side I can see why the fox is now capable of being humanized, but Vornnegut is right in calling the direction cliche.



Thought it the moment I saw it.

It isn't philosophy; it's an absolute TRUTH.



It's prevalent in ALL media, not just shows. And it's not our fault; it is Kishi's--he has stated in several places he watches tons of shows and movies to get a feel for timing in story structure. Instead of using that knowledge to create something unique, he is just aping the blueprints.

but its such a very small almost benign thing to criticize that is a natural progression of things. Its like me saying "its so predictable Naruto is going to fight Sasuki in the end and sway him with the power of friendship", Kishi is being so generic to the other animes.

I just don't see how thats such a deal to some.
Poodle is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #62
nightwolf613
Apprentice Genin
 
nightwolf613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 180
Rep Power: 0
nightwolf613 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Thought it was interesting but I was hoping for something different. Like Naruto and Bee meet up with Tsunade, etc.
nightwolf613 is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #63
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk
 
Vornmusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,470
Rep Power: 18
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
but its such a very small almost benign thing to criticize that is a natural progression of things. Its like me saying "its so predictable Naruto is going to fight Sasuki in the end and sway him with the power of friendship", Kishi is being so generic to the other animes.

I just don't see how thats such a deal to some.
Because some people have standards. Most people that read manga, do not have them. If they did, manga wouldn't be be as popular and sell as well as it does being filled with such generic crap.
Vornmusion is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #64
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,083
Rep Power: 19
Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
So you agree. Kishi should read more Greek literature.
Of course. And Hammurabi's laws, too.

I should also amend the list of beast exceptions to Shukaku as well. I'm sure on its own the 1T was powerful yet weaker than the others by a wide margin. However, as the Sunagakure only had one bijuu (compared to Stone and Cloud having two apiece) they needed to amplify it's power some. I'm guessing, based on what very little Kishi's given us (through the eyes and mouths of Gamabunta and Granny Chiyo) that either a host was experimented on itself by the Kage's men, or was subsumed yet not entirely overcome by the 1T. At first I thought it was ret-con for the Jinchuuriki plot line, but now I wonder if there's more to it. Perhaps the guy (can't remember what he was--a priest? A vicar? Who knows?) "melded" with the 1T, giving it some, albeit little, sentience beyond raw instinct. This gave the 1T more focus, and subsequent hosts--while eventually driven insane in ways apparently not suffered by other biju-carriers--were granted more power and control. But this wildly tangential, so ignore this.

(Yes, I do have more I could say.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
but its such a very small almost benign thing to criticize that is a natural progression of things. Its like me saying "its so predictable Naruto is going to fight Sasuki in the end and sway him with the power of friendship", Kishi is being so generic to the other animes.

I just don't see how thats such a deal to some.
Small is inconsequential when it remains one thing in both form and quantity. But like a virus or a cascade of "small" bills, the problems accrue and become a significant threat. In this case, too many cliche plot lines will cripple the story's creative flow and risk a loss of interest by the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Because some people have standards. Most people that read manga, do not have them. If they did, manga wouldn't be be as popular and sell as well as it does being filled with such generic crap.
The worst part is that he's shown the potential to make this something awesome and unique, but does not always choose to deliver on that front.

As to manga in general, we both know that extends into every medium available. Publishers need to learn to say NO with more frequency.
Kreegah!!! is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #65
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
EvL j3st3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,813
Rep Power: 8
EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by soranthalas View Post
Yeah, but I can't see winning over the fox happening in 5 minutes. That should be a major gain and should take a fair bit more effort.
I said form an alliance, not become friends (which of course, would be more drawn out). But what I'm referring to isn't really "winning the fox over". It's just the fox realizing what's best for him. It would be in his best interest to cooperate with Naruto bc if Naruto looses.........the Kyuubi ceases to exist.
__________________
Quote:
- are you able to think of anything that i'm not catching yet as to how nagato's Peins were never alive to begin with as compared to Tobi's Peinis?
Quote:
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #66
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kakuzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gone.
Posts: 5,064
Rep Power: 11
Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Meh, not very interesting... Just Naruto telling off the Nine-Tails...


I wonder when the former Jinchuriki's will launch their attacks? We haven't seen them at all.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.



Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.
Kakuzu is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #67
Poodle
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 8
Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Because some people have standards. Most people that read manga, do not have them. If they did, manga wouldn't be be as popular and sell as well as it does being filled with such generic crap.

Well personally i hate the manga readers that expect main characters to die all of the time just because its out of the norm for most shows, or it supposedly makes something more hardcore. Its a big reason why early part of Claymore turned me off and if it kept going that way no way i'd have kept reading it.

But regarding the 9Tails, it was inevitable Naruto would grow up and take charge, if not foster a relationship with it like Bee has. Of course Naruto is scared and the 9Tails is bullying him when he was less secure of himself. Its to me a natural progression where its as normal as someone growing into an adult.

whatever tho. Anyone can interpret it how they want, just disagreeing with you all...

Last edited by Poodle; 05-12-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Poodle is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #68
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wind Style Naruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Unknown
Posts: 5,387
Rep Power: 9
Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Seriously. Went from being "force of nature" status to literally a giant fox that talks status.

Used to think of him like a tsunami or hurricane. I.E A natural disaster, which I know people have referred to the fox as, now he's just another oversized talking animal for all it's worth. Such a shame.
Well Naruto did steal the source of all of his power and now he is powerless.

To me I find this chapter humorous with Naruto failing to diss Sasuke and Shino and Kiba responding in an very humorous.

Also Naruto tricking the Nine Tails like that made me lol.

This flashback is somewhat relevant as it shows Naruto and Sasuke's first encounter and build up to thier final fight. It even showed that at Day 1 Sasuke has always had the darkness in him.

So Naruto is a flashlight.
__________________
Meet the Greatest, most Beastest, Crazy, Chaotic Game this Year.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wind Style Naruto is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #69
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk
 
Vornmusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,470
Rep Power: 18
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
The worst part is that he's shown the potential to make this something awesome and unique, but does not always choose to deliver on that front.

As to manga in general, we both know that extends into every medium available. Publishers need to learn to say NO with more frequency.
Indeed. Every time he's ever had something that could of been unique and interesting, he crushed it. Does the same thing with interesting characters by killing them off at their prime.

Truth enough, it's just that other mediums suffer a huge backlash from this in comparison to manga. The most disgusting part of it though is that despite these backlashes, the masses continue to pay for lackluster movies, novels, manga, video games, music, whatever. Thus insuring that they keep getting the very thing many of whom consider garbage now. Such is the cycle of stupidity mixed with capitalism I guess.

Someone once told me the motto of the world is "Stupid things for stupid people". I dare say he may not be far off in that assessment. But I'm going horribly off-topic now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Style Naruto View Post
It even showed that at Day 1 Sasuke has always had the darkness in him.
Something that has been well known to anyone paying the slightest attention to....well the amount of times this has been clearly established is so numerous now that it's part of the main reason these flashbacks are so utterly pointless from a critical readers perspective.

If there's one thing Kishi fails very hard at, it's being subtle in direct and indirect context. The fact he uses such typical plot devices only makes this more so.
Vornmusion is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #70
iMario999
Academy Graduate
 
iMario999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 79
Rep Power: 7
iMario999 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quite boring but nice.
__________________
Art is an Explosion!
iMario999 is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #71
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,083
Rep Power: 19
Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
I said form an alliance, not become friends (which of course, would be more drawn out). But what I'm referring to isn't really "winning the fox over". It's just the fox realizing what's best for him. It would be in his best interest to cooperate with Naruto bc if Naruto looses.........the Kyuubi ceases to exist.
Nah, he just reforms elsewhere after a while. But it's obviously painful because Kyuubi works so hard to avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakuzu View Post
Meh, not very interesting... Just Naruto telling off the Nine-Tails...


I wonder when the former Jinchuriki's will launch their attacks? We haven't seen them at all.
Naruto TNJ's all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
Well personally i hate the manga readers that expect main characters to die all of the time just because its out of the norm for most shows, or it supposedly makes something more hardcore. Its a big reason why early part of Claymore turned me off and if it kept going that way no way i'd have kept reading it.

But regarding the 9Tails, it was inevitable Naruto would grow up and take charge, if not foster a relationship with it like Bee has. Of course Naruto is scared and the 9Tails is bullying him when he was less secure of himself. Its to me a natural progression where its as normal as someone growing into an adult.

whatever tho. Anyone can interpret it how they want, just disagreeing with you all...
I don't want them all knocked off either, but we are far from that extreme--so far, in fact, that your argument is moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Indeed. Every time he's ever had something that could of been unique and interesting, he crushed it. Does the same thing with interesting characters by killing them off at their prime.

Truth enough, it's just that other mediums suffer a huge backlash from this in comparison to manga. The most disgusting part of it though is that despite these backlashes, the masses continue to pay for lackluster movies, novels, manga, video games, music, whatever. Thus insuring that they keep getting the very thing many of whom consider garbage now. Such is the cycle of stupidity mixed with capitalism I guess.

Someone once told me the motto of the world is "Stupid things for stupid people". I dare say he may not be far off in that assessment. But I'm going horribly off-topic now.



Something that has been well known to anyone paying the slightest attention to....well the amount of times this has been clearly established is so numerous now that it's part of the main reason these flashbacks are so utterly pointless from a critical readers perspective.

If there's one thing Kishi fails very hard at, it's being subtle in direct and indirect context. The fact he uses such typical plot devices only makes this more so.
OK, WoTS Boy II, here we go... Ready for the long-winded reply?

Albert Einstein mentioned that the level of intelligence in the universe remains constant. Too bad our population's growing. It also means we won't see "intelligent life" from extra-solar areas because they are having their intelligence sapped, too.
Kreegah!!! is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #72
Sparky
Genin
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 250
Rep Power: 7
Sparky saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Generic story elements?


I don't read much manga and anime but what generic elements that Naruto that is common in most other Shonen and please give examples of other Shonen anime besides Naruto.
__________________
Sorry Im not logged on so much its just that unlike you I have a life.
Sparky is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #73
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ur Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: James Bond lobbing Status: Proud Punkarse Nerd
Posts: 11,067
Rep Power: 15
Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
I don't get the complaining. In my opinion, the flashback added more depth to the story. Iruka described the symbol of harmony, which he said signified after a spar that the two fighters remained comrades. After Naruto and Sasuke's fight ended, an image of them making this symbol was shown. Even though Sasuke left, they remained comrades.

And I don't get why some people are upset over more emphasis on Sasuke's hatred when this was better than pretty much most of what's been done so far. When Sasuke joined Team 7, his family had been dead for several years. When he fought Naruto in this flashback, it had been a much shorter period of time. There was no point in this chapter where you couldn't see the hatred in Sasuke's eyes. I think it goes to show that after spending even a short time with Team 7, and Naruto in particular, Sasuke really did change.

I felt the comparison Naruto made couldn't have put it better. "Those eyes... The same eyes that everyone looks at me with, but more intense... And he's not looking at me." People look at Naruto with eyes of hatred and disdain, like they wish he didn't exist. Sasuke looks at Itachi like he wants to kill him. He was looking at someone else and all he could see was Itachi. All he could ever think about was how much he wanted to murder his own brother.

Aside from Naruto and Sasuke, the chapter showed more of the rookies from the Academy. I particularly noticed Choji's comment that he wouldn't fight his friend. Years and years later, forced to fight his own sensei... He could hardly spar with his own friends. He had to grow up.Well, actually, it was more of a top view, so it could've been present day. If it means something like that, I'd think it instead was a flashback signifying how they used to be comrades and now their friendship was broken. Could also have been Sasuke recalling their time as comrades and then deciding not to kill Naruto.

My view is that Sasuke didn't kill Naruto because he couldn't kill his friend and came up with the excuse at a later time. He'd already admitted several times by then that he'd come close to Naruto and Team 7, and had already risked their lives for them. Sasuke hated Itachi, and he wanted revenge. However, he only left the village for the power to kill Itachi. If he could've reached the same level of power at the Leaf, he would've, and in fact he would never have broken his ties to Naruto or anyone else in the village. However, he was convinced going to Orochimaru was the only way to get strong enough to kill Itachi. His friendship with Naruto did mean something to him, just not as much as killing Itachi.

However, I honestly believe that he always intended to return to the Leaf Village. Sasuke's not an idiot. If he thought about it for more than five seconds he'd realize that even if he killed Itachi he'd have nowhere to go and no one to be with. I think that he always intended to return after he killed Itachi, because even he should've known that Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi would accept him back as a Leaf shinobi even after he'd left the village. He could've gone back at any time, and he always had the chance. I feel that Naruto's seemingly failed attempts at getting Sasuke back were actually necessary for Sasuke to keep the feeling that he'd have somewhere to go once his mission of revenge was over.

Sadly, Sasuke knows the truth and he wants to kill everyone in Konoha, but I still feel it's Madara's doing. Personally, whenever he talks about wanting to crush the Leaf, it almost sounds like he's mouthing out Madara's will. If you'll recall, his clan went against him after he opposed Hashirama's leadership and he's hated the Leaf ever since, in fact he tried a direct attack on it once and was actually plotting revenge after that had failed. I truly think that he's using his Sharingan to manipulate Sasuke's confusion and hatred so he can take his own personal revenge on the Leaf through Sasuke.

Even his fight with Danzo was almost directly beneficial to Madara, as Madara had wanted Shisui's eye and would've had it if Danzo didn't crush it. He also had one less nuiscance to worry about thanks to that.
+rep dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze_Naruto View Post
This chapter also brings up another interesting point, in that what if Naruto's chakra does have an affect on 9T? Karin said that his chakra is incredibly warm and bright (special chakra anyone....), and incredibly large compared to virtually the rest of the shinobi world. So maybe 9T taking some of it leads to part of Naruto being implanted in him. When 9T had the larger chakra levels and Naruto borrowed some of it, he took on the 9T eyes. With the situation in reverse now (Naruto having the larger chakra levels and 9T borrowing/stealing it), I'd assume that it is going to work the other way around somehow.
So he's being Naruto-ized
__________________


Last edited by Ur Mom; 05-12-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Ur Mom is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #74
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
EvL j3st3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,813
Rep Power: 8
EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Does the same thing with interesting characters by killing them off at their prime.
that I can agree with. Kimmimaru's style and ability are my favorite in the manga but, unfortunately, his time was very short lived. That's a shame. And he was automatically trolled by not being 100% during his time in the story....due to being deathly ill.
Zabuza and Haku are some more of my favorites who where just taken away as soon as they appeared.
Quote:
Nah, he just reforms elsewhere after a while. But it's obviously painful because Kyuubi works so hard to avoid it.
If Naruto dies the Kyuubi dies. It was thought early in the story that the fox was just a natural disaster that forms under certain circumstances due to the evil of ppl or something like that (can't remember exactly) but then we found out different. It wasn't a natural disaster that struck Konoha. the fox was unleashed on the village by Madara...so (for me) the kyuubi spontaniously forming goes out the window right along with him being a "natural disaster".

But that's not what I was talking about anyway. Madara wants to extract the Kyuubi and revive the Juubi. If that happens, I asume it would be the same as death for the fox bc he would ,in a sense, cease to exist as himself. He would become part of the Ten tails.
__________________
Quote:
- are you able to think of anything that i'm not catching yet as to how nagato's Peins were never alive to begin with as compared to Tobi's Peinis?
Quote:
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #75
sharingangirl
Genin Elite
 
sharingangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 454
Rep Power: 7
sharingangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

I liked this one. Naruto is so close to ending that I don't really mind the flashbacks. I also like how Naruto took charge in this one, and the "wait, he's not looking at me.". I love this stuff, because I'm such a huge character reader that I love stuff like this.
__________________
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?- Itachi Uchiha

<(((O)))> | | <(((O)))> < rinnegan.
sharingangirl is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #76
soranthalas
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
soranthalas is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
I said form an alliance, not become friends (which of course, would be more drawn out). But what I'm referring to isn't really "winning the fox over". It's just the fox realizing what's best for him. It would be in his best interest to cooperate with Naruto bc if Naruto looses.........the Kyuubi ceases to exist.
Well, that is sorta obvious. He's known that for a while. And he's loaned Naruto some power in part because of this, and in part because he was hoping to take over. But for the Kyuubi to become an ally, Naruto's going to have to convince the Kyuubi that Naruto's way really can work. If he comes to that conclusion, Naruto will have won him over and that's the next step. Not the fox grudgingly giving him power now and then because he "has to".
soranthalas is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #77
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
EvL j3st3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,813
Rep Power: 8
EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by soranthalas View Post
Well, that is sorta obvious. He's known that for a while. And he's loaned Naruto some power in part because of this, and in part because he was hoping to take over. But for the Kyuubi to become an ally, Naruto's going to have to convince the Kyuubi that Naruto's way really can work. If he comes to that conclusion, Naruto will have won him over and that's the next step. Not the fox grudgingly giving him power now and then because he "has to".
right. that's why this chapter left me disappointed (even tho it was still pretty good). I thought ,at first, that Kishi was going that direction with it (kyuubi seeing that Naruto's way could work and then becoming allies with a common enemy). Then that path just got taken away (at least for now).

But no, I wasn't referring to times like the past where the fox grudgingly gives his power. He doesn't need him to "give" it now anyways. He owns it. But it would definitely help if the fox was cooperative so they could fight as a team and Naruto doesn't have to worry about the fox drawing his chakra dry while he's in RS mode.
__________________
Quote:
- are you able to think of anything that i'm not catching yet as to how nagato's Peins were never alive to begin with as compared to Tobi's Peinis?
Quote:
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #78
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,083
Rep Power: 19
Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
that I can agree with. Kimmimaru's style and ability are my favorite in the manga but, unfortunately, his time was very short lived. That's a shame. And he was automatically trolled by not being 100% during his time in the story....due to being deathly ill.
Zabuza and Haku are some more of my favorites who where just taken away as soon as they appeared.
If Naruto dies the Kyuubi dies. It was thought early in the story that the fox was just a natural disaster that forms under certain circumstances due to the evil of ppl or something like that (can't remember exactly) but then we found out different. It wasn't a natural disaster that struck Konoha. the fox was unleashed on the village by Madara...so (for me) the kyuubi spontaniously forming goes out the window right along with him being a "natural disaster".

But that's not what I was talking about anyway. Madara wants to extract the Kyuubi and revive the Juubi. If that happens, I asume it would be the same as death for the fox bc he would ,in a sense, cease to exist as himself. He would become part of the Ten tails.
Zabuza and Haku I lament, but they took up an entire arc, so at least we got to see something.

I am not referring to the biju wive's tales. I'm talking about when Chiyo (I think) was talking about how a host dying kills the bijuu, but the Bijuu doesn't stay permanently dead, it manifests (eventually) elsewhere, back as a mindless beast--which could accurately be described as an elemental force anyway. This is likely why RS did what he did--the Juubi may have been indestructible and undying. Only sealing it piece by piece inside the Reaper would result in any permanent solution--that or dividing it's strength and letting it see the world through other's eyes. It was clearly stated that they never stay dead. Unless Madara extracted Mist boy's bijuu, this also explains why it was running feral and hostless. It also explains that easily overlooked comment early on that this wasn't the first time Akatsuki was attempting to gather all the bijuu.

I have the feeling you're going to make me dig up all this info, too, aren't you?
Kreegah!!! is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #79
Poodle
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 8
Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Nah, he just reforms elsewhere after a while. But it's obviously painful because Kyuubi works so hard to avoid it.



Naruto TNJ's all of them.



I don't want them all knocked off either, but we are far from that extreme--so far, in fact, that your argument is moot.



OK, WoTS Boy II, here we go... Ready for the long-winded reply?

Albert Einstein mentioned that the level of intelligence in the universe remains constant. Too bad our population's growing. It also means we won't see "intelligent life" from extra-solar areas because they are having their intelligence sapped, too.
my point was a lot more than you just addressed. More specifically how Naruto taking charge over 9tails IS a natural progression. To act like its a generic storyline is pretty silly but whatever...

that point about killing off main characters was just an example of what some manga readers tend to think of as "not generic" storylines, that IMO isn't really all that enjoyable to follow in many cases.

Last edited by Poodle; 05-13-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Poodle is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #80
Rezeon
Genin
 
Rezeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 10
Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 538

One of the aspects of the chapter that some people seem to be glossing over was Kyuubi's warning that Naruto was just repeating Nagato's mistakes.

If you recall, when Nagato was a kid he said his biggest concern was protecting his friends and that he would bear any hardship to help them. Well we all know how well that went.

Kyuubi made a pretty good point that Naruto stands a good chance of being overwhelmed by the hatred that he is trying to take onto himself. Considering that Kyuubi is a living embodiment of hate, it makes sense that he would understand the scope of what Naruto is about to be bombarded with.

Naruto has never dealt with personal loss very well, we saw it in the Haku fight, him finding out about Jiraiya's death, and when Pain struck down Hinata. If Kishi has any balls at all, at least one person Naruto cares about is going to be seriously hurt in the near future and we will see if Naruto has really changed or not. (my money is on Tsunade)


As for Kyuubi's portrayal...

When Naruto entered the cage I thought he was going to try and coax Kyuubi into doing the symbol of harmony with him... but alas Naruto instead decided to assert his current dominance.

I'm really not shocked by Kyuubi getting handled like some common pet though. Naruto already took away his bite, so all he has left is his bark.

Last edited by Rezeon; 05-13-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: adding content
Rezeon is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.