Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Akatsuki 4 50.00%
Shichibukai 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Exclamation Akatsuki vs Shichibukai. Read OP!

All Former and Current Akatsuki (except Zetsu & Team Taka) vs All Former and Current Shichibukai

Scenario 1

Sasori & Deidara vs Donquixote Donflamingo & Crocodile

Spoiler:

Restrictions: Deidara can't use C0 and Crocodile's intangibility is off
State of Mind: IC
Knowledge: Yes
Preparation: 3 hours

Hidan & Kakuzu vs Gecko Moria

Spoiler:

Time of the Day: Midnight
Restrictions: None
Prep.: Only for Hidan to perform Jashin

Itachi Uchiha & Kisame Hoshigake vs Dracule Mihawk & Jinbe

Spoiler:

Restrictions: Itachi can't use Tsukuyomi or Amaterasu; he can, however, use Susanoo as much as he wants.
State of Mind: IC (Bloodlust for Itachi)
Prep: Yes

Orochimaru vs Boa Hancock

Spoiler:

Location: Tenchi Bridge (where Four-Tails Naruto fought Orochimaru)
Restrictions: Orochimaru can't use summoning jutsu, Impure World Resurrection and other forbidden techniques
Conditions: Hancock can use all three types of Haki + her DF
State of Mind: Bloodlust

Pain & Konan vs Bartholomew Kuma

Spoiler:

Restrictions: Pain can't use Chibaku Tensei. Konan's intangibility is off; she also can't use 'Kami no Shisha no Jutsu' UNLESS Kuma is owning them rather easily.

Madara vs Blackbeard

Spoiler:

Restrictions: Madara can't use Izanagi or any other type of genjutsu

Conditions:
  • Madara has both the Sharingan and the Rinnegan;
  • Blackbeard can use the 'Yami Yami no Mi' powers to neutralize Madara's intangibility;
  • Blackbeard can use the 'Gura Gura no Mi' powers;
  • Madara can summon the Gedo Mazo.
State of Mind: Bloodlust
Prep.: Yes

Scenario 2

All Akatsuki vs All Shichibukai

Spoiler:

Location: Where the 4th Ninja World War is currently happening.
Restrictions and conditions above
Prep.: Yes
State of Mind: Bloodlust.
Speed equalized

Last edited by Skrall; 05-08-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

cnorwood saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Akatsuki vs Shichibukai. Read OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrall View Post
All Former and Current Akatsuki (except Zetsu & Team Taka) vs All Former and Current Shichibukai

Sasori & Deidara vs Donquixote Donflamingo & Crocodile

how in the hell are these guys going to do anything to croc, much less donflamingo. team OP speedblitzes, or gets turned to mummies

Hidan & Kakuzu vs Gecko Moria

Time of the Day: Midnight
yea putting them in thriller bark is such a good idea/sarcasm. besides the faster reactions and speed on morias part he just lets his zombies handle this

Itachi Uchiha & Kisame Hoshigake vs Dracule Mihawk & Jinbe

Restrictions: Itachi can't use Tsukuyomi or Amaterasu; he can, however, use Susanoo as much as he wants.
an IC itachi wont use susanoo off the bat. jinbea takes a nap and mihawk does 2 casual slashes

Orochimaru vs Boa Hancock

Location: Tenchi Bridge (where Four-Tails Naruto fought Orochimaru)
Restrictions: Orochimaru can't use summoning jutsu, Impure World Resurrection and other forbidden techniques
Conditions: Hancock can use all three types of Haki + her DF
He couldnt use ET anyway because it requires prep. hancock is also a hell of alot faster (iirc) mach 22 calcs, stronger. oros only hope is poison but he wont ever get to pull it off

Pain & Konan vs Bartholomew Kuma

Restrictions: Pain can't use Chibaku Tensei. Konan's intangibility is off; she also can't use 'Kami no Shisha no Jutsu' UNLESS Kuma is owning them rather easily.
Ignoring the MASSIVE speed adv on the side of kuma, they both go flying on a 3 day trip, or lazered

Madara vs Blackbeard

Restrictions: Madara can't use Izanagi or any other type of genjutsu
Conditions:
  • Madara has both the Sharingan and the Rinnegan;
  • Blackbeard can use the 'Yami Yami no Mi' powers to neutralize Madara's intangibility;
  • Blackbeard can use the 'Gura Gura no Mi' powers;
  • Madara can summon the Gedo Mazo.
again another massive speed adv in the favor of blackbeard (getting up and moving before gear 2 luffy could notice) black beard rapes. gedo mazo should be able to get madara a win, only if he could pull it out on time
you should never had nerfed the naruto characters. ill give you a hint one piece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>naru to in strength, AOE attacks, defense, speed. etc
Old 05-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Seven
Formerly TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist

Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Seven

I lol'd at the fact that Crocodile was put in a desert to fight. xD
Doflamingo owns Deidara with puppet technique and makes him bomb Sasori.
I dont care for the rest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Ignoring the MASSIVE speed adv on the side of kuma, they both go flying on a 3 day trip, or lazered

Speed =/= Teleportation

Kuma doesn't possess high speed, he possess teleportation. I suggest you rewatch the fight between Zoro and Kuma.

And also, Pain are six individuals (seven with Nagato), not just one.

Quote:
again another massive speed adv in the favor of blackbeard (getting up and moving before gear 2 luffy could notice) black beard rapes. gedo mazo should be able to get madara a win, only if he could pull it out on time

I think I need a pair of glasses because I just read that Blackbeard as a massive speed advantage over Madara. Seriously?
That's not even a speed feat. That was probably, Luffy distraction. And in which chapter was that?

Quote:
you should never had nerfed the naruto characters. ill give you a hint one piece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>naru to in strength, AOE attacks, defense, speed. etc
I'll give One Piece credit for that, but it lacks sophistication. It may be superior in strenght, defense, speed, but the characters lack intelligence and strategism compared to Naruto characters.

Intelligence >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Strenght, Agility, Defence....

Remember how Usopp used his brain and for brief moments he was able to rival Luffy in a battle.

And also: you're no one to give me hints.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:

Speed =/= Teleportation

Kuma doesn't possess high speed, he possess teleportation. I suggest you rewatch the fight between Zoro and Kuma.
kuma ddidnt teleport he just moves at high speed, unless hes going long distances i suggest you read read onepiece, not watch it, and based on his paw attack he can just move himself at high speeds, like he does to other ppl, he doesnt teleport them
how does that stop him from getting catching a ring out

I think I need a pair of glasses because I just read that Blackbeard as a massive speed advantage over Madara. Seriously?
That's not even a speed feat. That was probably, Luffy distraction. And in which chapter was that?
gear 2 luffy(faster than most ppl in the narutoverse) punched blackbeard and before he could even get his next attack off blackbeard sucked him up ch 544 pg 6. luffy wasnt destracted

I'll give One Piece credit for that, but it lacks sophistication. It may be superior in strenght, defense, speed, but the characters lack intelligence and strategism compared to Naruto characters.

well by that logic any nerd can beat a mma fighter. wait just like in my example, when a character is so much faster/stronger/durable/has better attacks.
and what makes you think naruto is such a smart verse. even ninjas with supreme experience like kakuzu(100+ years old and fought the 2nd hokage) still fall for bushin feint+rasengan. all of team takas planning didnt mean anything to a massivley stronger/faster/durable/etc like bee

Remember how Usopp used his brain and for brief moments he was able to rival Luffy in a battle.
yea, usopp knows exactly how luffy fights, didnt hurt luffy in the slightest, luffy wasnt in the least bit bloodlusted and didnt use his gears to murder him, etc etc etc

well i need to be if you dont realize that a few of the sichibukai can almost solo the narutoverse
answers in orange

Last edited by cnorwood; 05-07-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #6
Shooting Star
Twinkle Twinkle Little Dog
Apprentice Genin

Shooting Star saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Speed =/= Teleportation

kuma ddidnt teleport he just moves at high speed, unless hes going long distances i suggest you read read onepiece, not watch it, and based on his paw attack he can just move himself at high speeds, like he does to other ppl, he doesnt teleport them

Skrall's right. Kuma uses teleportation not high speed. Kuma's movements are rather slow due to his size and his Pacifista modifications. Zoro pointed out that Kuma used teleportation during their fight.

how does that stop him from getting catching a ring out

Linked visions. If one of the paths is distracted while Kuma is attacking him/her, the other paths can monitor Kuma's movements and the path that is being attacked can dodge while not looking directly at him.

gear 2 luffy(faster than most ppl in the narutoverse) punched blackbeard and before he could even get his next attack off blackbeard sucked him up ch 544 pg 6. luffy wasnt destracted

Blackbeard managed to find a opening, that's all. Luffy jumped into the air leaving him vulnerable for Blackbeard to attack him. That's not high speed, that's reaction time.

well by that logic any nerd can beat a mma fighter. wait just like in my example, when a character is so much faster/stronger/durable/has better attacks.
and what makes you think naruto is such a smart verse. even ninjas with supreme experience like kakuzu(100+ years old and fought the 2nd hokage) still fall for bushin feint+rasengan. all of team takas planning didnt mean anything to a massivley stronger/faster/durable/etc like bee

Kakuzu fought the 1st Hokage. Team Taka didn't shown to have any plan when they fought Bee. Experience =/= Intelligence, for your information.
Asuma had more experience than Shikamaru in fights but he wasn't capable of defeating Hidan. On the other hand, Shikamaru who had less experience had the brains to defeat Hidan.

yea, usopp knows exactly how luffy fights, didnt hurt luffy in the slightest, luffy wasnt in the least bit bloodlusted and didnt use his gears to murder him, etc etc etc

According to the OP, the characters have full knowledge of eachother and state of mind is IC. And also, there is no proof, Luffy had knowledge of Gear Second and Gear Third, by the time he fought Usopp.

well i need to be if you dont realize that a few of the sichibukai can almost solo the narutoverse
In response to the OP:

Sasori and Deidara are a much better team than Donflamingo and Crocs. Their team combinations are deadlier and more devastating. Since Deidara has preparation, he can use C2, C3 or C4 and kill them both in a single hit. Even though, Donflamingo has great agility, I don't think he's capable of dodging Deidara's and Sasori's attacks for very long. If Deidara is riding on a clay bird and if Donflamingo jumps, like he did when he fought Oars Junior, he'll be vunerable for an attack in mid-air.

Hidan and Kakuzu are also a great team and, personally, Moria was one of the weakest Shichibukai. While one is facing and distracting Moria's shadow, the other can attack Moria himself.

Kisame & Itachi are by far one of the most dangerous teams in Akatsuki. Kisame can fuse with Samehada and drown Mihawk in the water doom and Itachi can easily win against Jinbe by using Susanoo.

In Naruto (the original series), Tsunade punced Orochimaru as hard as she could but her attacks were hardly affecting him. Not only that Orochimaru's arms were unusable. Orochimaru can use his white snake form and use his poison against Hancock. That is if Orochimaru isn't enchanted by her charms.

Both Kuma's and Deva Path's attack are similliar in a way. If Kuma uses Ursus Shock, Deva can use Cho Shinra Tensei to counter. But with Kuma's Pacifista modifications it would be hard to harm him. If Konan uses her 'Kami no Shisha no Jutsu', they might stand a chance.

Madara summons Gedo Mazo to distract Blackbeard, while he quietly approaches him and uses 'Soul Removal' (chapter 515, page 10) to extract his soul or suck him into his magical dimension.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Quote:

Wait...really?

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Crocodile in Desert, the man has a logia fruit with sand. All he needs to do is Spam sables at Sasori and Deidara. Putting Doflamingo as his partner wasn't a great idea, the man just jumped onto the 12th commander of WB fleet and manhandled him. I dare say that by powerscaling he's more powerful than either Deidara or Sasori. Not to mention he sliced Oars leg with utter ease.

Gecko Moria with prep would basically start in his Asgard form and just one punch to either of them would knock them out. I mean, one punch split the island of thriller bark.

Mihawk spams slashes at Itachi, while Jinbei teaches kisame how to actually fight in water. With a combination of Fishman karate, he'd be able to take Kisame. Kisame comes close with the sword to take out Jinbei. Itachi would probably be overwhelmed by the slashes. That's just a wild accusation though.

I don't care about Boa handcock.

Kuma uses a large scale Uras Shock and takes them both out.

don't care for Blackbeard.

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #9
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

but the characters lack intelligence and strategism compared to Naruto characters.

What?
OP has arguable the smartest being in the HST with Vegapunk.
Finding out Devil Fruits Work.
Finding out Secrets of Seastones and their use.
Creates the Pacifista
Modified Kuma to a Cyborg.
Creating devices having the Power of the Pika Pika no Mi.
Climate Control.
Sentomaru said the Cyborgs have been developed even further.

Nami is far from a Breadbrain either considering her masterful usage of the Clima-tact.

Then there is Robin with her knowledge of History among other things.

Oda himself said Beckman has the highest IQ of everyone we know in the East Blue.

Gorosei most likely as well.

Franky isn't a void of intelligenc either for making himself a Cyborg.

Ohara Scholars were even praised by Rayleigh especially Clover.

OP Character>Naruto Characters

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
What?
OP has arguable the smartest being in the HST with Vegapunk.
Finding out Devil Fruits Work.
Finding out Secrets of Seastones and their use.
Creates the Pacifista
Modified Kuma to a Cyborg.
Creating devices having the Power of the Pika Pika no Mi.
Climate Control.
Sentomaru said the Cyborgs have been developed even further.

Nami is far from a Breadbrain either considering her masterful usage of the Clima-tact.

Then there is Robin with her knowledge of History among other things.

Oda himself said Beckman has the highest IQ of everyone we know in the East Blue.

Gorosei most likely as well.

Franky isn't a void of intelligenc either for making himself a Cyborg.

Ohara Scholars were even praised by Rayleigh especially Clover.

OP Character>Naruto Characters
True. The majority of those characters have knowledge on a particular subject:

Vegapunk in Science
Robin and the Oharans in History
Nami in Geography
Franky in shipwrighting and cyborg modifications

Naruto characters like Shikamaru or Shikaku have knowledge in more general things, such as strategism which is handy in a battle. They evaluate their situation and their enemy, and are capable of elaborating a plan using all the resources they can get their hands in:
  • Such as using the field they're fighting in for their advantage and also the weather (geography);
  • Using ancient tales and myths regarding the enemy they're fighting against (if any) as base for their plan (history);
  • Using a series of combine attacks to deal more damage to the opponent: for example using a air jutsu combined with a fire jutsu to increase the range of destruction of the fire jutsu (chemistry).
For example, what could Robin and the Oharans, with great knowledge only about history, do in a battle against an opponent who's name they never heard? Their only resort would be their respective fighting styles. But what if that proof inefective against their opponent? They would need knowledge about more general things if they hoped to stand a chance.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
ChINaMaN1472
Academy Graduate

ChINaMaN1472 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
Wait...really?
Why did you need to quote one thing, when it really applies to the entire thread?

One Piece murders here because Naruto characters got handicapped.

Quote:
Naruto characters like Shikamaru or Shikaku have knowledge in more general things, such as strategism which is handy in a battle. They evaluate their situation and their enemy, and are capable of elaborating a plan using all the resources they can get their hands in:.
There's only a handful or so of characters that have that kind of battle intelligence in Naruto. None of the Akatsuki showed THOSE levels of battle analysis, except maybe Pein.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChINaMaN1472 View Post
Why did you need to quote one thing, when it really applies to the entire thread?

One Piece murders here because Naruto characters got handicapped.

There's only a handful or so of characters that have that kind of battle intelligence in Naruto. None of the Akatsuki showed THOSE levels of battle analysis, except maybe Pein.
And Itachi.

Compared with the Shichibukai, the Akatsuki can make a better analysis of their opponents fighting styles and elaborate a plan quickly.
Also their familiar with eachother abilities among themselves, making the co-operation between themselves easier.

The majority of Shichibukai didn't know who the other members were and their fighting styles, not until the war (for example, Kuma and Moria first met in Thriller Bark, where Kuma was sent by the government to assist Moria eliminating the StrawHats).
Also the majority of Shichibukai, are mad men, who only seek destruction at any cost, and haven't shown to possess that battle analysis.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

naruto characters are so smart yet bushin feints still work.............
Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
ChINaMaN1472
Academy Graduate

ChINaMaN1472 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
And Itachi.

Compared with the Shichibukai, the Akatsuki can make a better analysis of their opponents fighting styles and elaborate a plan quickly.
Also their familiar with eachother abilities among themselves, making the co-operation between themselves easier.

The majority of Shichibukai didn't know who the other members were and their fighting styles, not until the war (for example, Kuma and Moria first met in Thriller Bark, where Kuma was sent by the government to assist Moria eliminating the StrawHats).
Also the majority of Shichibukai, are mad men, who only seek destruction at any cost, and haven't shown to possess that battle analysis.
Kakuzu, Hidan, Diedara (1 spark of 'brilliance' against Gaara), Sasori, and Kisame all fight head on with either numbers or strength and try to overwhelm their opponents. Konan has no real major battles besides the small encounter with Madara.

Trying to say all or even a good majority of the shinobi in Naruto have intelligence like Shikamaru or Shikaku is riduculous.

Hell, they don't even like working together.
- Sasori and Deidara didn't work together to get Gaara. They didn't work together to fight Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Chiyo.
- Itachi and Kisame have NEVER worked together.
- Hidan and Kakuzu didn't exactly work together against Shika-Ino-Chouji+Kakashi, and Hidan asked Kakuzu to not interfere against Team Asuma.

Shuchibukai don't use intelligence in their fights because they're that much more powerful with ridiculous advantages in speed, strength, and abilities most of the time, including this one.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Cause it's logical, silly.

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Kakuzu, Hidan, Diedara (1 spark of 'brilliance' against Gaara), Sasori, and Kisame all fight head on with either numbers or strength and try to overwhelm their opponents. Konan has no real major battles besides the small encounter with Madara.

Trying to say all or even a good majority of the shinobi in Naruto have intelligence like Shikamaru or Shikaku is riduculous.

Hell, they don't even like working together.
- Sasori and Deidara didn't work together to get Gaara. They didn't work together to fight Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Chiyo.
- Itachi and Kisame have NEVER worked together.
- Hidan and Kakuzu didn't exactly work together against Shika-Ino-Chouji+Kakashi, and Hidan asked Kakuzu to not interfere against Team Asuma.

Shuchibukai don't use intelligence in their fights because they're that much more powerful with ridiculous advantages in speed, strength, and abilities most of the time, including this one.
I'm not saying all shinobis were blessed with great knowledge like Shikamaru or Shikaku. I only pointed out one or two in specific.

The reason why Akatsuki teams don't work together very often is because Pain only assigned one member to capture the Jinchuuriki, while the other was there to support just in case of need:
- Deidara was assigned to capture Gaara, leaving Sasori on the sidelines.
- Itachi was assigned to capture the Four-Tails Jinchuuriki, leaving Kisame on the sidelines. Kisame stood up and volunteered to capture the Jinchuuriki himself. Itachi accepted the proposition and skipped the battle.
- Hidan and Kakuzu fought together against Team 10 and Kakashi until Shikamaru seperated Hidan from Kakuzu.

There are also personal motives:
- The reason why Deidara and Sasori fought Team 7 and Chiyo seperately was possibly related somehow with the discussion they were having before leaving their seperate ways. Also Deidara took Naruto's anger as an advantage and grabbed Gaara's dead body to lure Naruto and to take him to a private space to fight him seperately, while Sasori fought the others. Unfortunatelly for him, Kakashi decided to tag alone.
- Hidan told Kakuzu to not interfere because he was so confident that his abilities single handed would be enough to take care of the job (such optimism got himself decapitaded ). Also Kakuzu had no intention of fighting either, otherwise he would be revealing his fighting style.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm not saying all shinobis were blessed with great knowledge like Shikamaru or Shikaku. I only pointed out one or two in specific.

The reason why Akatsuki teams don't work together very often is because Pain only assigned one member to capture the Jinchuuriki, while the other was there to support just in case of need:
- Deidara was assigned to capture Gaara, leaving Sasori on the sidelines.
- Itachi was assigned to capture the Four-Tails Jinchuuriki, leaving Kisame on the sidelines. Kisame stood up and volunteered to capture the Jinchuuriki himself. Itachi accepted the proposition and skipped the battle.
- Hidan and Kakuzu fought together against Team 10 and Kakashi until Shikamaru seperated Hidan from Kakuzu.

There are also personal motives:
- The reason why Deidara and Sasori fought Team 7 and Chiyo seperately was possibly related somehow with the discussion they were having before leaving their seperate ways. Also Deidara took Naruto's anger as an advantage and grabbed Gaara's dead body to lure Naruto and to take him to a private space to fight him seperately, while Sasori fought the others. Unfortunatelly for him, Kakashi decided to tag alone.
- Hidan told Kakuzu to not interfere because he was so confident that his abilities single handed would be enough to take care of the job (such optimism got himself decapitaded ). Also Kakuzu had no intention of fighting either, otherwise he would be revealing his fighting style.
I don't ever remember Pain saying "Deidara you take Gaara. Sasori can standby." Or anything of the sort. Am I missing something? And when did they get the four tails? I thought that was filler..

Sasori wanted Naruto, yet Deidara lured him out anyway. IIRC, Sasori was pissed that Deidara got to take two jinchuuriki lol

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
I don't ever remember Pain saying "Deidara you take Gaara. Sasori can standby." Or anything of the sort. Am I missing something? And when did they get the four tails? I thought that was filler..

Sasori wanted Naruto, yet Deidara lured him out anyway. IIRC, Sasori was pissed that Deidara got to take two jinchuuriki lol
Rewatch NS episode 112: Tobi was assigned to capture the Three-Tails, while Deidara stand there and watched. I remember some Akatsuki member saying that the leader assigned one member of the team while the other was kept on sidelines. IIRC this is metion somewhere in the early episodes of Shippuden when Deidara and Sasori first appear.

The battle between Kisame and the Four-Tails Jinchuuriki wasn't shown on the manga, however in chapter 353 (first pages) or in NS episode 121 (first couple minutes) Kisame is seen holding the Four-Tails Jinchuuriki with Samehada while talking with Itachi. Kisame said it was he who wanted to go alone capturing the Jinchuuriki (chapter 353, page 4).

Tags
akatsuki, shichibukai