Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 05-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Jashinism

Hidan was a Jashinist, a fictional religion in the world of Naruto.
Because Hidan was a Jashinist he could become immortal.
Although Hidan can still be damaged. He cannot die.

But is Hidan the only Jashinist or rather the only one with immortality?
If there were more Hidans like maybe 10 they would be a force to be
reckon with. They could make the diagrams for each other and
fight for each other and when necessary repair each other.

At the very least, Hidan fans await Hidan to dig his way out of his
grave and bite Shikamaru to death or something equally amusing.
(I'm a Shikamaru fan but getting eaten by a head is undeniably hilarious)
But what about the idea of their being OTHER Jashinists out there
to avenge Hidan and appease the Jashin god.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Jashinism

I would say Jashinism is a religion and doesnt really qualify as a cult
The first thing these fellow Jashinists would do I suppose? Sacrifice Hidan because he failed like a mule giving birth

Then they would fight Kakashi, him not knowing what to do exactly would spam 1000 Jutsu he knows and he kills them, but he's a too tired and takes a nap.
I want to see his jootsoo....

Jakropha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakropha View Post
I would say Jashinism is a religion and doesnt really qualify as a cult
The first thing these fellow Jashinists would do I suppose? Sacrifice Hidan because he failed like a mule giving birth

Then they would fight Kakashi, him not knowing what to do exactly would spam 1000 Jutsu he knows and he kills them, but he's a too tired and takes a nap.
I want to see his jootsoo....
I'm guessing that Hidan might of been one of the "special" members
of the Jashin religion. Like he's the only one with the powers.

Sorta like the Uchiha Clan and Sasuke.

...And Itachi.

....And Madara

....And Shisui.

....And Obito since it's his eye that gave Kakashi Kamui

....And Fugaku since he was the Captain of the Konoha Police Force

....And Kagami since he knew Danzo

...And Danzo since he has more Sharingan than most Uchiha

...And Kakashi because it's like Obito is inside his head

...And Kurenai since her eyes are red and are close enough to Sharingan

Hm, on second thought...that might be a bad example.

...At least in my case.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:39 AM   #4
Judious
Banned

Judious has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Eat a sausage/ hidan

Last edited by Wooster; 05-07-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Judious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

If there are more people like Hidan in the world of Naruto, it'd be a much more interesting place.

Jashinist's running around, being immortal, throwing around sacrifices left and right, it'd be total chaos and anarchy.

There totally shoulda been an invasion on Konoha by Jashinists, that would've been great.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Revived Kakuzu
Chunin Exam Participant

Revived Kakuzu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Wasn't it sad that Hidan gained 'immortality' because he was experimented on excessively? Or am I just a retard randomly remembering false things (Like I always do :/)?
Revived Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Kakuzu View Post
Wasn't it sad that Hidan gained 'immortality' because he was experimented on excessively? Or am I just a retard randomly remembering false things (Like I always do :/)?
I don't think they said that. I don't think they really explained it all.
Just that immorality is somehow a product of Jashinism.
Perhaps they do something with their chakra?
I doubt Kishimoto will ever give a clear cut reason.

...At least in my case.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Shares a lot in common with Voodoo and that weird mix one... something with an "S"...

Anyway, one thing is certain: Jashin zombies are are more potent than ET Zombies.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I would say there are more Jashinists. I don't know of any religion with only one follower. Tho I see no reason to believe they would all be immortal. It's probably a "rare gift" of the religion. All religions have these.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #10
Sasuke
The Ultimate Sasuke Fan
Konoha Historian

Location: Stumbled upon a mysterious area, trying to find the truth.
Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to Sasuke

First off let me say this. Jashinism is real. It is a religion/cult that thrived in Japan long ago, but has become a lot less known throughout the world to this day. I am not going to go into full detail with this but I do know some facts. I know as a religious sacrifice, that they have to spill some of their own blood everyday, be it great or small. I also know that they have to engrave a Jashin Symbol somewhere on their body. One other fact is that their profit is a person named Hidan, and yes he was immortal.

Here is just one website that shows true Jashinism. http://thechurchofjashin.yolasite.com/
And the reason why I know this is because my brother is making a research paper on Jashinism.

Kishimoto, just like my brother, must have done his research and learned almost every aspect of Jashinism before creating Hidan. Anyways, to get on topic.

I would laugh if Hidan's head tore Shikamaru apart! Other Jashinist to avenge him would sound logical, and that would be interesting, as well as give Madara and Kabuto a HUGE advantage.

Last edited by Sasuke; 05-07-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Hmm, let see. I found this on that website.

These are the rules/commandemts of Jashinism, agreed onto by many
1. ( the most important rule of all)
NEVER EVER leave a sacrifice alive
2. sex is allowed ONLY with other jashinist, with acohol, you can only drink it after a ritural. and no drugs exept for marijuana because it is considerd a natural herb.
3. No children ( if you somehow manage to have a child, raise them as a jashinist)
4. honor thy god in blood, death and sacrifice
5. once those have commented themselves to the path of jashin, they cannot leave
6. the only way to leave is to die
7. Pain=pleasure, Jashinist learn how to turn pain into pleasure, or just ignore it
8. Fasting and sacrificing is a good way to show devotion, do it offten

Seems about right.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
UchiHa_AsH
Chunin Exam Participant

UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via MSN to UchiHa_AsH Send a message via Skype™ to UchiHa_AsH

I think it was stated. That in order for hidan to survive he needs to keep sacrificing and continuing the ritual. If not the god of his religion will take away his powers.

I think that was stated somewhere in the follow trough of the hidan and kakuzu arc. Anyways if that is true it means that hidan is long dead lol :P
UchiHa_AsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant

PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchiHa_AsH View Post
I think it was stated. That in order for hidan to survive he needs to keep sacrificing and continuing the ritual. If not the god of his religion will take away his powers.

I think that was stated somewhere in the follow trough of the hidan and kakuzu arc. Anyways if that is true it means that hidan is long dead lol :P

There's bug, and worms to be sacraficed down there. Let's not give up hope for Hidan.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #14
Sasuke
The Ultimate Sasuke Fan
Konoha Historian

Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchiHa_AsH View Post

Kakuzu stated that since Hidan wasn't brought back, that he must be still alive, so he is still alive...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #15
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu

I mean, it would be delightful to see a return of Hidan, but I still don't see how he is of any help during the war. Hidan's ritual is mainly for one on one battle. He wouldn't have the time to perform the ritual in war if he was surrounded tby the Shinobi Forces. That ritual is basically his only ability as well. He basically just slashes the sythe over and over again like a five your old playing a fighting game; they use the same attack constantly. Quite mediocre if you ask me. If he were to be injured in any way, nobody would stop to repair him. If he lost just one limb, he's finished.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

As far as I can tell, Kishimoto invented Jashinism and people have just started following it. That does happen quite often.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #17
Sasuke
The Ultimate Sasuke Fan
Konoha Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
As far as I can tell, Kishimoto invented Jashinism and people have just started following it. That does happen quite often.
Jashinism has been going for a long time now, and looking at that laughing face makes me think that you might not be serious...

Also, if you go to this page, the first Q/A answers that: http://thechurchofjashin.yolasite.co...-questions.php

Old 05-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #18
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

That site itself tells me that it didn't exist before. I am sure there are Japanese sacrifice cults one could link it to, but Jashin essentially means blood sacrifice.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #19
UchiHa_AsH
Chunin Exam Participant

UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via MSN to UchiHa_AsH Send a message via Skype™ to UchiHa_AsH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
Kakuzu stated that since Hidan wasn't brought back, that he must be still alive, so he is still alive...
really doubt it. Kakuzu probably dosen't even know about the religion. Because as we have seen the members don't really don't know everything about themselves even if they are in a team..
UchiHa_AsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #20
The Forgotten One
Chunin Exam Proctor

The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakuzu View Post
I mean, it would be delightful to see a return of Hidan, but I still don't see how he is of any help during the war. Hidan's ritual is mainly for one on one battle. He wouldn't have the time to perform the ritual in war if he was surrounded tby the Shinobi Forces. That ritual is basically his only ability as well. He basically just slashes the sythe over and over again like a five your old playing a fighting game; they use the same attack constantly. Quite mediocre if you ask me. If he were to be injured in any way, nobody would stop to repair him. If he lost just one limb, he's finished.
Near the bottom of the Hidan page on the Naruto wiki, it says that Kishimoto said in one of the official character books that he originally planned for Hidan scythe to have a number of special tricks but "didn't have time to show them all". Could that mean that Hidan himself would have other abilities that haven't been seen?

Quote:
@ Devroux: Fighting with my foot in your ass is always fun too, but I don't see any "my foot in your ass" locations, do I?

The Vicious Wolverine of the Nine Jungle Beasts

The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote