Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
narutonhinataschild
Genin

narutonhinataschild has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Default does the rep change suck?

I say it was unnecessary and totally off base, how to make it better...roll back time and stop yourself you fool! what too change, out with the new/ in with the old!

thoughts?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare
Default Re: does the rep change suck?

Dah rep chayng was totlaly teh stuuped mayne.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

This was planned at least two weeks ago, you could have given your thoughts in the following thread, when it was announced it would be changed:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96431

The following thread is where you can give your feedback: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97311

There's even this thread stating how the new reputation system will work:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97256

On top of that, there's even a global announcement by Err: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/announcement.php?f=14

/thread
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sajuuk; 05-03-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Sushi
Genin

Sushi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It sucked... yeah. that's all I have to say....
Old 05-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

This isn't the first time the system's been tweaked, so which old style did you want to roll back to and why?

More importantly, did your parents and friends (assuming you have any) neglect to tell you that petulant whinging is the only surefire way to be universally hated? You know, if your house was aflame, and you pleaded and pleaded for help but no one acknowledged you because they knew this would be the last day you'd ever whine like a brat? <<Fragment, but makes the point.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
-Naruto-
Special Jonin Candidate

-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

I think it was necessary...rep didn't mean to much to me, I had like 3 or 4 bars but I never really used them to d-rep, and I only occasionally up-repped.
I change my mind. I want to submit a different one.
-Naruto- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

not really. You were given the opportunity to give your input.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Tensa Zangetsu
Apprentice Genin

Tensa Zangetsu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i'm glad i'm new
Tensa Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

meh, rep means just as little now as it did then in my opinion. I will only be a matter of time before this happens again.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Seven
Formerly TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist

Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Seven

What Jazz said, it's just rep get over it, you had time to voice an opinion and by the looks of this thread you didn't do it. Too bad, so sad, cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I liked the old way better but don't really care. Tho I probably won't feel so encouraged to trade rep now. I lose interest in things when you can't see the progression in it with at least a moderate pace. Now it'll take too long for my rep to change so I really don't even care about rep anymore now where as before I enjoyed that aspect of the forum. No biggie tho. Just one small thing.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #12
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97311

^ Anyone who has an opinion on the rep change, go there.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

So this must be what those PMs were about. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why some random malcontent would PM me such hysterical nonsense--as if we'd been at it for decades.

Dude, 35 years old and that committed to something so trivial compared to the rest of Life's problems?? Number one, I call Baloney; and Number two, I call you pathetic whether it's reality or baloney. Regardless of one's stance on the issue of the changes, anyone had ample opportunity to make himself heard. Even then, this isn't a democracy or a republic or anything of the sort. Asking for our input is merely an act of courtesy. Add to that the fact you told me you are only on to check Naruto News and this situation becomes yet more ludicrous: you're only here for information, but rep means this much to you?! You must feel very unloved in the real world.

No one here, whether for or against these changes, would ever give your stance any stock because you're clearly just starving for any recognition you can get to puff yourself up. You make Dubs seem well-adjusted by comparison. And that is scary.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I didn't mind the new reputation system my rep didn't drop as much as some other people. (Mine dropped from 7 to 3)
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I wish I could merge these threads into one. Can someone do that?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Take it down a peg Kreegah, he'll learn.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #17
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Take it down a peg Kreegah, he'll learn.
*The Kreegah! Fury simmers down under the cooling touch of sweet, sweet, hickory-smoked Bacon.*

Yeah, I guess I was letting a few users' melodramatic outrage and negativity drag me down. I am now embarrassed and sorry both.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

It's always interesting to hear what about the rep change certain people that don't like it are taking issue with, because so far it's been a string of "I don't know what was changed," "I thought it was changed in a certain way, which I'm now learning isn't true," and "AAAAAAAAAARGHY!?@??!?!"

I wonder how reactions would change if we built in a quiz that requires you to actually write down what was changed before complaining about said changes. My best guess is that most people wouldn't take the time and give up on complaining, while a minority would realize they made the whole thing up, which solves the problem on all fronts .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I just noticed something.

I repped someone and their rep power went up...what's the requirement to get a certain amount of boxes?

Like x points = 1 box.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
Moon
Special Jonin Candidate

Moon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Moon has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I don't even know why rep is that important, anyway calm down all rep is just a bunch of data or something it is nothing to get upset about, plus it will probably get reseted again later on so you really shoulding care about it.
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote