Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Spanking kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I'm pretty sure children have fear. Heck even babies can get scared.
Abused children still love their parents because...well it's their parents.
I don't think we should be trying to diagnose them as if their something
wrong with them. What's wrong is the parents who don't love their children.
It would be better to diagnose what's wrong with them.
i said they feel fear, just not like how we do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasu_girl View Post
i said they feel fear, just not like how we do.
I would disagree even then. Children feel fear just the same as adults do.
What we fear may change but how we fear does not for the nature of fear remains the same. Fear is the ultimate proof that are things we do not know. Children fear bogeyman because they do not know that there's isn't someone hiding in their closet lying in wait to kill them. Adults fear each other because they do not know if they can be trusted. Children fear the schoolyard bully. Adults fear the tyrant. For each rules by their might and each rules according to their whims. It cannot be known all what they will allow and won't allow and what they demand and what they take. In short we cannot predict how they will act. And even if we could we still would have fear for not knowing how to fight back. And even then there's the fear that your plan to fight back might not work. Fear never really changes. Our understanding of it may but not the actual feeling of fear itself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Ok
I have a bit of experience in this realm

When I was a boy, I always did stupid things
if I didnt get spanked, or belted what wouldve happened?
I wouldve broken my neck, spine, arm, legs, poked an eye, and killed my very best friend in this house, my dog.

Children can sense when you do something out of anger, or for whats best for theyre children, dont assume they are stupid.
There is a major difference between fear and respect, my uncle has a warped perspective on respect, I dont respect him at all...
When I become a parent, I dont want my children to fear me, but I dont want them to become one with the twisted world some poor children have misfortune to grow up in
Id say, the one thing that changed me the most, was once, when I did something really stupid, my dad got me with the belt bad.
I cried for nearly an hour, I forgot what I had done, I think I was backsassing or something. But after I had cooled down a bit, my dad sat down next to me and tried to explain in the best words possible how he felt about what he had to do.
I dont hate my dad, I understood what he meant.

I feel its only because of that, that I actually grew to understand what being respectable is all about. It not something you can learn, you have to experience it.
I feel thats what most parents are missing in discipline.

A lasting effect.

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #24
chidoriroar
Chunin

chidoriroar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

spanking should only be used to make a child behave but it should only be a light slapwithout anger for yourself. the best way is to treat a child with kindness so he is influenced to be good out of kindness. i should know, i was beaten very hard when i was a child by my mom but i always felt respect for my dad and have always wanted to please him for being so kind to me.
i stil remember some spankings from when i was two or three, i have pictures in my mind of running down the stairs or hiding behind my dad.

a belt cant solve anything, it makes the child grow more hate and anger wich could possibly lead to him killing his parents when he grows up.

the bitterness of this life is the sweetness of the next.

Give me rep and ill give you rep back.
dont talk about measking for rep since im not the only one doing it and theres nothing in the rules against it.
to the people who dont know, you have to include your name when giving rep and if your rep is less than one giving rep wont matter.

Last edited by chidoriroar; 05-01-2011 at 04:50 AM.
chidoriroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #25
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMixelPixel View Post
Children should be raised to follow the law because of their morales or ethics ( I can never remember the difference) tell them too, and not because they fear it.
That... just sounds silly to me. If you're not supposed to fear the law, or at least the repercussions of the law, then there would be no point in having them in the first place. Your morals and ethics are personal standards that can vary from person to person. I don't have to believe it's morally just to drive the speed limit, but I do it because I fear getting a ticket.

I think spanking is perfectly acceptable tool for a parent to employ.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #26
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

A lot of people are overreacting because I got spanked and I'm just fine.

Well..maybe not.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #27
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
A lot of people are overreacting because I got spanked and I'm just fine.

Well..maybe not.
The reasons for the problems you have have got nothing to do with spanking.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #28
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
The reasons for the problems you have have got nothing to do with spanking.
Good one

I blame TV for my satiric attitude

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #29
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant

PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I was spanked as a kid, and I have to admit that it worked. I'd have to wager the pros and cons of an act; is this worth getting a spanking? Probably not. Furthermore, it eventually made me look past the spanking to the people I am hurting when I do a certain act. (Granted, not all kids do that). As Mr.Sticky said, the problem is if they turn to beatings. I was raised by a single mom, and I was lucky enough that she waited till she was no longer mad to spank me. That, I think, is key; plus this made me anticipate my punishment, and my mind was always worse than whatever was eventually dished-out.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #30
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

My parents tried spanking me once when I was a kid and we all cried .

Though it can be effective to keep them from doing something you don't approve of in the short term, it can also affect them adversely in the long run. I'm fine with others doing it if they'd like, but if your kid's in a position to do something you deem bad enough to spank them for, and they keep doing it enough to warrant you having to spank them despite clear communication that you'd rather they didn't do that, then there's a larger contextual problem that needs to be untangled if you want to actually set the situation right. It sends a mixed message and ends up straining the parent child relationship, cause now your parents love you... but they also beat you . This can be perfectly normal to happen, but it's mentally hard to integrate in a way that you can't actually be conscious of or accurately express in words in regards to yourself.

Like if your kid keeps hitting other kids in the face as a way of saying hello, the problem you wanna solve isn't that another kid got hit in the face (though that is a problem too). You wanna solve the fact that your kid either thinks punching someone in the face is a nice way to say hello, has some kind of natural or abnormal chemical / emotional imbalances that's causing them to do that knowingly or compulsively, or you raised an entitled little clod that's rude (making you the problem). Not that those are the only possible causes, or that there'd be any one, but there are clearly other places you could look to that'd actually address the problem rather than the symptom. Hitting your kid's an iffy way to get the point across that, and only keeps them from doing it in a Pavlovian sense, putting fear and resistance in place of a possible impulse. If the kid was only acting out in a Pavlovian sense to begin with, as in he hit kids in the face to say hello cause that's just what struck his fancy at the time, great, but that doesn't happen too often. The only thing that gets taught is that it's bad to do something because if you do Dad will hit you, and that's not at all why the act in question is a bad thing to do.

Spanking solves the right problem, but at the wrong level. It's kind of a lazy form of therapy . I'd only hit a kid to teach him how to fight or hurt him. Or if there was a bug on him and I was a bit tipsy throwing the blow .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!

Last edited by SRhyse; 05-01-2011 at 12:10 PM.
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #31
GenFlower12
Veteran Chunin

GenFlower12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't see a problem with spanking if its used for disipline.Spanking just because you're angry doesn't solve anything and damages a child and parent relationship.When my siblings and I are were bad my dad spanked us.Today's society would say that he 'abused' us but I say spanking a kid when they're bad actually helps because then a kid knows that what they did were bad and shouldn't do that every again.That's why anytime I cuss or say something bad I feel it in the back of my head that I'm going to get a spanking.Besides if you look back a long time ago,anytime a child was bad they would either have a thick stick or leather belt on their behinds.So I say I actually got off easier than they did.
GenFlower12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #32
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

When I was younger my mum would spank me, but only ifd I did something reeallyyy bad. I agree with you, only when the child is bad that it is needed..

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #33
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I don't think it's right. It can give a kid a lot of wrong ideas and it's really not necessary as far as punishments go.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #34
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Seems to me that in the old days when children were spanked they actually learned a lesson and wasn't so damn full of themselves and more respectful. I was spanked and turned out fine. I see no problems with it as long as you are not beating the crap out of them. Spanking is one thing, beating and leaving welts is another....

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #35
puppetmasterpossession
Ginger Ale Disciple

puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I don't agree with spanking. I mean if other people do it to their kids that is fine with me. But it is just something I wouldn't do to my kids. I just think it is better to talk to them rather then spank them.

puppetmasterpossession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #36
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I agree with spanking as long as it is not used on children below 4 or 5. There is a difference between spanking and abuse, and not every child who receives spankings fear their parents. The problem is when spanking turns into abuse.

Cade is offline   Reply With Quote