Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:14 AM   #1
Judious
Banned

Judious has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Default Is god created?

I don't believe God was created or decreated in the Big Bang. He has always been. Time is actually our perception of things. It is slower for some people, and quicker for others. And there may be some truth to people saying that time goes quicker if you do something you enjoy.

Say God was created in the Big Bang. (while I don't believe it is absolute, I believe it to be near-absolute, simply because some of the things foretold to happen are symbolical, instead of literal. Other than that, yes, I do believe it is absolute.) As the Bible tells us, God created everything. Now, if God were to be created by the Big Bang, who created the Big Bang? Perhaps it simply deconstructed the entity we call 'God', and reassembled him in a different plane of existence. Hmmm, sort of like he was paving the way for us by spending time in this plane of existence, then moving on after it has been perfected.

If science, which must advance rather quickly, based on the rate it's been going, can unravel the mystery of God this quickly, what point is there in having a God? God, Jesus, Jehovah, whatever you want to call him. He is all-powerful, and while it must pain him to do so, he needs to separate himself from us, in order to preserve order, and to sort of remind us who's boss. If we start touting superiority, we end up placing ourselves on the pedestal of 'God.'

Next, I don't believe what you say is correct, MexicanKing. First off, when we go back into the Bible, when God did interfere, it was for our good. Or rather, Israel's good, but that's beside the point.

Yet each time he helped us, we immediately turned back to our idols and sins. Each and every time. With the exception of three people, just three people, there is no one who has not sinned. What point would there be as teh Earth continued to drown itself in sin? Would you continue to help them? And please, don't lie to yourself. Answer honestly. If for hundreds, nay, thousands of years, your chosen people, who you had made promises to, who you had borne out of slavery, and given unto a Promised Land, would you continue to perform miracles to make their lives easier as they forsake you for idols of gold, and bronze, and wood? As they turn to the false gods of their own enemies? Would you?

And then, in the greatest act of love ever witnessed in this world, He sent his one and only Son to die on the cross! All this so that whosoever loved him may be freed from the shackles of sin, so that whoever believed in him, and accepted Christ as their eternal saviour, would not only be saved from spiritual death and eternal damnation, but would have eternal life, free from all sin.

While the "I am who I am" may have confused some of you, it's very clear to me. In saying this, God shows that he doesn't need a fancy name, a strange symbol, or a recognizable appearance to make himself known. He shows that he should be recognizable simply because he is God, and not because he touts a name that is to be proclaimed across the land. (Though in all honesty, his name should be proclaimed anyway. Should've been, I should say) He sets himself apart from the earthly deities, and shows that He is the only God, if only people would accept him.

Aliens? While I believe there are aliens, it is a possibility that God did not create them as he did us. While there are no doubt intelligent life-forms out there, dogs are intelligent. Mice are intelligent. Hell, even insects and worms are intelligent to some degree. Just because there are aliens, does not mean that we are not his Chosen people, as is taught by the scriptures.

However, none of these species have been chosen as God's people. We have.

Other planets? AS part of His grand design. If we could even hope to see into God's mind(or should it be called a mind?), there would be some purpose.

We are taught that everything that happens in our lives, everything that we do or think is already planned out by God, and that it is all for a greater purpose. Who then, can argue that the planets exist for no purpose, if even the little lie you made to your mother back in the first grade may have some purpose?

God has always been, and always will be. I believe he is the center of existence, and the only one to exist on all the fields that we call dimensions. He controls time and space, and can bend the very laws of nature. There is no question of how he came to be, for he always has been.

And I realize that I've deviated from the original subject a bit. But I just felt compelled to type that.

I realize that some people will just think that I'm some fool who doesn't know what he's doing. But the fact is, I know full well what I'm typing. And if this influences any of you, go to the bookstore or library, and crack open the Bible.

Please.

If this took alot of time to read
Judious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
LoneTophat
Ninja Academy Student

LoneTophat is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Is god created?

I don't believe in Organized Religion. I believe there's a God yes, but that God loves us all equally. Being homosexual ain't a sin either. I think the Bible was man's interpretation of God as it is not written by His hand. Some people act like it is which is incredibly ignorant. Furthermore, our Creator won't -ever- forsake those who don't believe. He created all correct? So he created atheism. He created homosexuality. He created evil itself.
LoneTophat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

By definition, no. One starts with the universe. How was it created? Hmm, the big band, the big donut, you don't know? What created those things? Perhaps even the universe has existed for all time. Still, the infinite universe does not have to exist so why does it?

That leads to the theory of prime motivator. That is something that must exist depending on the religion or belief that is called God. To ask what created that is nonsensical as it is defined to have existed. Might as well ask what if a triangle had four sides.

This does not say God does exist only that if it does there is nothing needed to create it/him/her/them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
By definition, no. One starts with the universe. How was it created? Hmm, the big band, the big donut, you don't know? What created those things? Perhaps even the universe has existed for all time. Still, the infinite universe does not have to exist so why does it?

That leads to the theory of prime motivator. That is something that must exist depending on the religion or belief that is called God. To ask what created that is nonsensical as it is defined to have existed. Might as well ask what if a triangle had four sides.

This does not say God does exist only that if it does there is nothing needed to create it/him/her/them.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
My sentence makes perfect sense. Not my fault you can't follow multiple conditional prepositions. >.>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
My sentence makes perfect sense. Not my fault you can't follow multiple conditional prepositions. >.>
All I'm saying is that a little punctuation wouldn't kill ya.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
All I'm saying is that a little punctuation wouldn't kill ya.
No additional punctuation is required. I am sparse with my commas. >.>

Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

You're the boss, Wooster.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
Judious
Banned

Quote:

not necessarily. have you ever tried explaining multi-variable differential calculus to a 7 year old? chances are that you won't be very successful in making them understand it. the whole concept of "god" could be something that is completely beyond our current level of understanding. the human mind just can't grasp it. this is sort of like what zen buddhism teaches.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I mean no disrespect when I say this.

I'll take the time later to fully respond to this text,but I'd like to point out that telling people to read the bible is dependent on how much of it is truth. Citing the bible as a source to answers to anything is based on being a Christian. For those whose beliefs aren't grounded in this religion, would read the bible and not see any truth.

For you, it may be a history,but for me; it's anything but that. I will say this, I am hesitant to respond to this because your post moves away from the original text to state things based on your own interpretation, such as what god would have done when his people had forsaken him. Yet you must know that you are giving god a rather human like persona, for a being who is suppose to be all powerful. It sure gets angry for actions it should be anticipated when it gave people Free will.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

This is not really a debatable subject. No one's going to have proof on this subject. We can only state opinions.

I believe God is real and that he has always been. But, I was not around back then, and I do not have any proof.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Judious
Banned

What I find dumb about this is that all these people talking about science never wonder where matter came from in the first place. Why is there a universe and why do we all exist. Its not a bad bet to think that something absolute and forever could create all that, I'd think its a much odder notion that it just was
Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
jesse uzumaki
Special Jonin Candidate

jesse uzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think god is real he has no beginning or end he was just there maybe he is something humans can't understand.
jesse uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: Is god created?

That is a really complicated question. No one can answer this for sure.

Creatures given the ability to think always think there's something smarter than them/an entity which watches over them. Those might be aliens, but it might be a deity.

It's not only in the human nature. It's in the way the brain thinks, there's just something which makes you feel uneasy, as if someone's watching you. People interpret that as God.

It all comes down to the people around you and how you were bringed up to be. Like, if you live in a family which is highly religious, you will be bringed up to be religious as well.

If you live in a family where no one believes in God, you won't either, though there is a chance you can become religious by talking to other people who are.

You can also ask yourself about the bible. Who created it? Did God really create the bible? Or was it created by man's hand alone?

This is religion. The core of religion itself is to believe in it, without any evidence. But as I said, it's roots have become so deep, you can't tell if it's true or not.

Then again you also have the medieval times. People were burned at the stake if they did not believe or if they dared believe something else, which was considered herecy.

The Medieval Church believed that the Sun goes around the Earth, and that the Earth was flat because it appears so.

Some people actually did research then, and stated that it's the Earth that goes around the Sun and that the Earth is round. Some were burned at the stake for this, had they not recanted.

Galileo Galilei recanted, though he still said "Eppur si muove" which means "And yet, it still moves".

Now, we do know he and others were correct. This pretty much signifies how religion actually slowed down humankind's evolution, so perhaps it's making people's minds dull even now...perhaps.

Without religion however, the world as we know it will certainly not be the same. Maybe better, or maybe worse.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Kibafan1
Special Jonin Candidate

Kibafan1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibafan1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judious View Post
I don't believe God was created or decreated in the Big Bang. He has always been. Time is actually our perception of things. It is slower for some people, and quicker for others. And there may be some truth to people saying that time goes quicker if you do something you enjoy.

Say God was created in the Big Bang. (while I don't believe it is absolute, I believe it to be near-absolute, simply because some of the things foretold to happen are symbolical, instead of literal. Other than that, yes, I do believe it is absolute.) As the Bible tells us, God created everything. Now, if God were to be created by the Big Bang, who created the Big Bang? Perhaps it simply deconstructed the entity we call 'God', and reassembled him in a different plane of existence. Hmmm, sort of like he was paving the way for us by spending time in this plane of existence, then moving on after it has been perfected.

If science, which must advance rather quickly, based on the rate it's been going, can unravel the mystery of God this quickly, what point is there in having a God? God, Jesus, Jehovah, whatever you want to call him. He is all-powerful, and while it must pain him to do so, he needs to separate himself from us, in order to preserve order, and to sort of remind us who's boss. If we start touting superiority, we end up placing ourselves on the pedestal of 'God.'

Next, I don't believe what you say is correct, MexicanKing. First off, when we go back into the Bible, when God did interfere, it was for our good. Or rather, Israel's good, but that's beside the point.

Yet each time he helped us, we immediately turned back to our idols and sins. Each and every time. With the exception of three people, just three people, there is no one who has not sinned. What point would there be as teh Earth continued to drown itself in sin? Would you continue to help them? And please, don't lie to yourself. Answer honestly. If for hundreds, nay, thousands of years, your chosen people, who you had made promises to, who you had borne out of slavery, and given unto a Promised Land, would you continue to perform miracles to make their lives easier as they forsake you for idols of gold, and bronze, and wood? As they turn to the false gods of their own enemies? Would you?

And then, in the greatest act of love ever witnessed in this world, He sent his one and only Son to die on the cross! All this so that whosoever loved him may be freed from the shackles of sin, so that whoever believed in him, and accepted Christ as their eternal saviour, would not only be saved from spiritual death and eternal damnation, but would have eternal life, free from all sin.

While the "I am who I am" may have confused some of you, it's very clear to me. In saying this, God shows that he doesn't need a fancy name, a strange symbol, or a recognizable appearance to make himself known. He shows that he should be recognizable simply because he is God, and not because he touts a name that is to be proclaimed across the land. (Though in all honesty, his name should be proclaimed anyway. Should've been, I should say) He sets himself apart from the earthly deities, and shows that He is the only God, if only people would accept him.

Aliens? While I believe there are aliens, it is a possibility that God did not create them as he did us. While there are no doubt intelligent life-forms out there, dogs are intelligent. Mice are intelligent. Hell, even insects and worms are intelligent to some degree. Just because there are aliens, does not mean that we are not his Chosen people, as is taught by the scriptures.

However, none of these species have been chosen as God's people. We have.

Other planets? AS part of His grand design. If we could even hope to see into God's mind(or should it be called a mind?), there would be some purpose.

We are taught that everything that happens in our lives, everything that we do or think is already planned out by God, and that it is all for a greater purpose. Who then, can argue that the planets exist for no purpose, if even the little lie you made to your mother back in the first grade may have some purpose?

God has always been, and always will be. I believe he is the center of existence, and the only one to exist on all the fields that we call dimensions. He controls time and space, and can bend the very laws of nature. There is no question of how he came to be, for he always has been.

And I realize that I've deviated from the original subject a bit. But I just felt compelled to type that.

I realize that some people will just think that I'm some fool who doesn't know what he's doing. But the fact is, I know full well what I'm typing. And if this influences any of you, go to the bookstore or library, and crack open the Bible.

Please.

If this took alot of time to read
I agree with everything you just said :3 well I don't really believe in aliens but you never know xD

~God is a spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in his being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth~

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting thou art God. psalms 90:2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BF: Taker369 <3
Spoiler:
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your sig

Kibafan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judious View Post
What I find dumb about this is that all these people talking about science never wonder where matter came from in the first place. Why is there a universe and why do we all exist. Its not a bad bet to think that something absolute and forever could create all that, I'd think its a much odder notion that it just was
If that's your prerogative,then that's fine by me. Although you can't blame anyone for their beliefs and you certainly cannot complain for introducing the big bang into your argument. The Big bang is no more science than the idea of creationism, until it is founded in empirical observation or substantial evidence otherwise.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
Judious
Banned

God is an infinity. He wasn't created, he just... was.

It can't be explained simply because it can't be explained
Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Or because religion is void of any viable logic.
Atheism is what I believe in because there's really NOTHING to believe in.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
The Second Pornkage
The White Flash

The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.The Second Pornkage is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I'm taking astronomy and now it says that before the big bang, in the singularity we now know as the universe, the laws of physics did not exist. We can never begin to guess how this happened, so if something could defy all natural law and create an entire universe in zero space, I'd say yeah. God was around, doing his almighty thing forever
The Second Pornkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Judious
Banned

That's the beauty of the very idea of a God. Science (and, more generally, human intellect) proceeds by making generalizations over specific observations. e.g., throw a stone in the air, it falls making a specific curve. Planets appear to orbit using the same curve. Making a generalization, we create the law of gravity and use this law to make predictions about other things that we don't know that well -- for example, black holes.

With God, you can't do that, because He is fundamentally unique and different from everything else. So, whatever you observe on rational beings do not apply to God because He is above human rationality. Whatever you observe in the universe (e.g. cause and effect) does not apply to God because He is "above" time and space. Etc. In effect, this leads to a situation in which you can't say anything about God, positive or negative; or alternatively, to a situation in which you can say absolutely anything, from "God is a cow" to "He is uncreated". People made God inaccessible to human reason and comprehension, and then complain that others w